[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johto thread (non-genwar edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Johto.png (4MB, 1956x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.png
4MB, 1956x1316px
Ahhhh... perfection.
>Perfect region
>Perfect Pokedex
>Perfect postgame
>Perfect remake gimmick
>Perfect Safari Zone
>Perfect music
>Perfect anime theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtgGjZk5sTc
>Perfect aesthetic
>>
>>29541173
>non-genwar edition
>Ahhhh... perfection.
What the fuck?
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-22+at+12.24.12).jpg (150KB, 584x445px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-22+at+12.24.12).jpg
150KB, 584x445px
>>29541173
>Johto thread
>post parts of Kanto
Johto is probably the smallest region to date.
>>
>>29541318
I like how regions, overall, are just small parts of a continent or landmass. Can't wait to see the full complete Pokemon world map. That is, if I'm an immortal and the people at GF are too but on their part, they will probably have replacements as time goes on.
>>
>>29541173
Damn, now I miss Johto again. I liked HG/SS Kanto even more, but still.
>>
>>29541332
And it shows that no matter how many Legendaries we will get in the future that it can become a complete full so-to-call Legendary Dex, it is still logical as the landmass if we follow by logical scaling is so fucking huge and a region is only a part of it so having sets of Legendaries to each region won't affect the world-building that much.
>>
>>29541361
Agreed. Though we are introduced to Legendaries per Gen making it feel like we had a lot of them already.
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 900x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 900x657px
>>29541318
that's what made it the comfiest my nigga
>>
>>29541373
Decidueye would blend-in nicely with all those autumn leaves in Ecruteak.
>>
File: Probably Granbull.jpg (39KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
Probably Granbull.jpg
39KB, 598x600px
>>29541373
>The past 5 generations have all had focuses on HUEG CITIES
>Every town but Goldenrod felt like a small town where everyone knew everyone else's name and folks seemed right neighborly
Johto was the best. I need to re-buy Soul Silver.
>>
>>29541173
If only it had perfect mon distribution, because so far, all Jhotos have had absolutely shit distribution.
>>
>>29541422
Elaborate what you mean by that because Johto has some of the best distribution in the franchise
>>
>>29541421
>I need to re-buy Soul Silver.

Prepare to sell one of your kidneys in advance.
>>
>>29541464
How about seeing the same gen 1 mons every route, mons like Sneasel and shit appearing only at the end-endgame, and the amount of gen 2 mons found only in one area?
>>
File: Granbull 2.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Granbull 2.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>29541627
There were only two generations to choose from? And you see like 20 gen 1 pokemon before the second gym. Off the top of my head, you see can see/evolve Ratatta, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Bellsprout, Poliwag, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Slowpoke, Gastly, Geodude, Jigglypuff, Spearow, and Zubat before the FIRST gym.

Sneasel and the rest of the pokemon you're talking about can be found in the safari zone in HG/SS

>and the amount of gen 2 mons found only in one area?
You're gonna have to elaborate further, because I don't follow. If you're complaining that certain Pokemon were rare, could I suggest exploring areas more than not at all?
>>
>>29541710
My bad, Geodude, Zubat, and Slowpoke come after the first gym.
>>
>>29541710
Yeah, having all the rare mons that have no relation to eachother in one place so people don't complain sounds great!

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/202.shtml#hg

Guess I should have explored more to find my favourite mon in its home generation, too. I had TWO caves to choose from (one lategame and one postgame).
>>
File: Huu.png (214KB, 249x549px) Image search: [Google]
Huu.png
214KB, 249x549px
>>29541747
>Like a rare Pokemon
>Complain that its rare
???
If you wanted one so bad just use the Safari Zone.

I mean I like Chansey a lot but I never bitched and moaned about how it was literally impossible to catch in Red/Blue/Yellow.
Pretty dumbass complaint if you ask me.
>>
>>29541788
Forcing me to go to a specific place mid-game to catch a bunch of shit I want to use is really bad game design, desu.

Why couldn't Misdreavus be in the Bell Tower? Why doesn't Morty have one? Why were there only 11 Gen 2 Pokemon in the 8 Gyms and the League combined?

Having some mons be found in only one place only fuels the people who say Gen 2 mons were the most forgettable, cus they never found them in the first place.
>>
>>29541822
>Forcing me to go to a specific place mid-game to catch a bunch of shit I want to use is really bad game design, desu.
Sounds like you just don't like the safri zone, because that's exactly what it has been for since gen 1.

>Why couldn't Misdreavus be in the Bell Tower?
Same reason Lapras couldn't be found while surfing. Cuz.

>Why doesn't Morty have one?
Now THIS is a legitimate complaint. That was dumb as fuck.

>Why were there only 11 Gen 2 Pokemon in the 8 Gyms and the League combined?
Don't know why this bothers people so much. It's not like the fight with Falkner would have been any better if he had a Hoothoot instead of a Pidgey.

>Having some mons be found in only one place only fuels the people who say Gen 2 mons were the most forgettable, cus they never found them in the first place.
Sounds like they were dumb kids who didn't explore and haven't played a gen 2 game since. I know exactly where to find Smeargle, Mantine, Corsola,Qwilfish, Girafarig, Wobbuffet, Skarmory, and Natu because I looked for them.
>>
Johto's a great place.
Shame about that level curve though.
>>
>>29541173
>Perfect Pokedex
Okay, anon.
>>
>>29541868
Just cause Gen 1 did it, doesn't mean it's acceptable to have in Gen 2.

"Cuz" is probably the same amount of thought that went into caring about the Gen 2 mons.

The fact that you need to put effort into knowing where all those mons are instead of being able to figure it out by relating the mon to the environments of the land is such good game design.

Care to tell me the "perfection" that is finding Wobbuffet?
>>
>>29541972
>Just cause Gen 1 did it
And gen 3
And gen 4
The Safari Zone was always a place to find rare pokemon you could find nowhere else

>"Cuz" is probably the same amount of thought that went into caring about the Gen 2 mons.
Except your complain is actually really stupid. You want to know why you can't find Misdreavus in the Bell Tower, I wanna know why you can't find Scyther in Ilex Forest.

>The fact that you need to put effort into knowing where all those mons are
This is called "exploring". It used to be a huge part of finding rare Pokemon.

>instead of being able to figure it out by relating the mon to the environments of the land is such good game design.
Again, why can't you find Scyther in Ilex Forest? Why can't you find Dark Types in Dark Cave? Why can't you find Castform outside of the turbine plant in D/P/Pt? Because that's not where the designers put them. There's shit like that in every generation.

>Care to tell me the "perfection" that is finding Wobbuffet?
Not finding it at all since its such an awful Pokemon.
But it's a rare, late-game pokemon like Electabuzz beforehand. You can only find one if you actually set out to find it. It even got a prevo in the next gen so you can get it more easily.
>>
Guys, do you think we will get a remastered version of Blue and Red's battle theme in S/M?
>>
>>29542122
Hopefully, Red just getting Lance's champion theme was really lame.
>>
>>29541361
That argument doesn't hold much water when some legendaries are the fucking creators of the universe or time or whatever. Gen IV kind of fucked up with that.
I still like Sinnoh's legendaries a lot more than Unova's but that's purely because the genies and quadriped trios gen V had were just really fucking ugly. They fit a lot better with how the Pokemon world is written than the fucking gods of space, time and everything else.

Heatran, Cresselia and Darkrai would've been great too if they weren't introduced in a gen already full of legendaries. I like the fluff but sometimes it's just too much.
>>
>>29541710
HG/SS did very little to fix the spread and the Safari Zone barely has anything of note until you've finished the eighth gym. Why isn't Sneasel findable in the Ice Path? Why can't you find Skarmory in Johto? Why are Scizor and Steelix locked until you beat the fucking Elite 4 and get a Metal Coat?
Larvitar only being found in Mt Silver makes sense, I guess, but so many of the more interesting Pokemon introduced in Gen 2 weren't catchable until very late in the game and the ones you could catch were often trash. I mean fuck how many people do you know who actually bothered with Stantler or Hoppip? Sure the spread was okay-ish back in G/S/C, but why wasn't it fixed in HG/SS?
I loved Johto and HG/SS are my favorites in the series but come on, there was a lot of basic shit they didn't fix, even if overall the games are amazing.
>>
>>29542207
>Why isn't Sneasel findable in the Ice Path?
It is in Crystal
>Why can't you find Skarmory in Johto?
You can, dumbass, it's on Route 45 after Blackthorn.
>Why are Scizor and Steelix locked until you beat the fucking Elite 4 and get a Metal Coat?
The Metal Coat is a reward in the Pokethlon. the more you talk the more it seems like you're an idiot that rushed through the game and made absolutely no effort to find any of the Pokemon you claim are so rare. (Even though sneasel was a bitch to find in Crystal)

> I mean fuck how many people do you know who actually bothered with Stantler or Hoppip?
I bothered with Hoppip because it was adorable and stayed adorable all the way through. It's a shitmon, yes, but the competitive scene didn't matter until gen 4 anyways.

>Sure the spread was okay-ish back in G/S/C, but why wasn't it fixed in HG/SS?
It was.
>>
>>29542207
Skarmory can be found in Johto (and you can technically get a Metal Coat by finding a wild Steelix in Jhoto, 2% chance), but your point still stands.
>>
overall, the spread of HGSS was really dissapointing. almost no gym leaders had jhoto pokemon, there were more kanto mons in areas where there should have been jhoto mons and there werent jhoto mons where there should have been

it really does feel like gen 1.5
>>
>>29542310
but neither of his points still stamd because they were both wrong.
>>
>>29542440
his overall point still stands, dude
>>
>small in a bad way thanks to the one genuine instance of throwbacks to Gen I being a bad thing
>great in what it added, but the distribution was shit and too many Pokemon have 1% encounter rates; also Crystal had better encounter tables than HGSS
>a lobotomized version of what is already one of the weakest regions of the series, or if you don't consider Kanto postgame, then literally nothing in GSC and some shoehorned Hoenn legends in HGSS
>following Pokemon had no real gameplay or lore impact, PokeWalker was cool but it was also yet another tiny little trinket to lose, and FRLG having a whole new map and ORAS' DexNav were much better gimmicks
>a no exploration jigsaw which draws out unlocking aspects of it for far longer than a run would even normally take, also not in GSC
>actually true
>also correct, but you chose the wrong song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjtiNART7WI
>GSC had a perfect aesthetic to its artwork and great colors in the game, HGSS has neither

guess my favorite region
>>
>>29542468
Fucking unovafags.
>>
>>29541464
>Johto has some of the best distribution in the franchise
only if you like ugly single stage shitmons
>>
>>29541173
with the exception of perfect pokedex i agree with all of those points.
>>
>>29541868
>>29542094

>Safari Zone
>Gen 2
Did you forget that it literally wasn't a thing in OG gen 2?
>>
>>29541173
It's almost like you're trying to make Jothofags look bad.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>29542500
Second place, but only BW2 Unova. You were close.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.