[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to get this off my chest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2058.png (169KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2058.png
169KB, 600x900px
So everyone on here is butthurt about the small dex, right? Let me tell you why you are wrong. Don't worry, you'll thank me later when you are not butthurt about gen 8 "only" having 75 "new" Pokémon.

See, we all know the first three gens worth of Pokémon were created at the same-ish time and spread out a bit, right? But if you look at every gen after that, once you remove the gimmick of the generation, you get a fairly consistent number of new mons. Take the cross-gen evos out of gen 4, the mega evolution out of gen 6, and the Alola forms and UB's out of gen 7, you are hovering in the seventies every time.

"But wait!" I hear you protest, "you skipped gen 5! It had a 'full' Pokédex worth of new mons! They need to do that every time!" And you are indeed correct my simple friend, but you fail to draw a conclusion from your observation (around here, we call people like that "Richard").

Obviously the gimmick of gen 5 was the idea of the soft reboot, one that I personally enjoyed, and a sentiment echoed by many fans as well. The resources that are now allocated for gimmick designs was used to create more new mons to populate the all-new region. It was a disaster. People are still bitching about the ice cream, chandelier, garbage and gears. I have no doubt the few casuals that picked up Black and White and were simply furious when they couldn't find a pikachu anywhere. In contrast, X/Y brought the hype with mega evolution and S/M and Alola forms are on track to sell like fat, fluffy pancakes.

They have a winning formula. ~75 new Pokémon, some gimmick to make old Pokémon more interesting. The one time they deviated from that and made 150+ new Pokémon it blew up in their face. Like it or not, this is what Pokémon is. Stop acting so fucking surprised.
>>
>>29539499
Didn't read, but whatever you said I agree. I personally prefer the smaller dex numbers. Gen 7 and Gen 8 are two of may favorite generations in terms of new Pokemon. My only complaint with Gen 8 is that I wish there were more 3 stage evolutions, but I still like all the single stage mons.
>>
>>29539547
I'm going to assume you meant 6 and 7?
>>
There's also Hoenn, which only had two pokemon that were related to previous pokemon, both of them Prevos (Only one of them was good)

But there's also the fact that it's obvious that they really want to slow down on introducing new pokemon so they don't get to 1,000 quickly. If they wanted to do so, things like Alolan Marowak would be an entirely different pokemon as a cross branch evolution.
>>
>>29539547
hey anon nice to know that we have some time travelers here? trump is an awesome president, right?
>>
What about Gen 3?
>>
>>29539499

Also, complexity creep is an issue as well. The more pokemon and moves are released, the more difficult it is for new players to break into the competitive meta.
>>
>>29539499
Well, you're actually wrong and that Gen V was fucking AWESOME. So what if some shitty Pokemon came out of it? That always happens, even Gen I has some such as Mr. Mime and Jinx. More, more, more!!!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.