[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone shit on the Exp Share?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: koffing.png (28KB, 713x680px) Image search: [Google]
koffing.png
28KB, 713x680px
It makes it easier to train a whole box full of Pokemon in one run.

Also freehand drawing Pokemon with no references thread.
>>
Because they cannot comprehend playing the game in any way but using only a team of six and some rotated in HM slaves, or not using something you feel personally gives an unfair advantage.
>>
File: 5minutesinpaint.png (12KB, 284x290px) Image search: [Google]
5minutesinpaint.png
12KB, 284x290px
>>29533882
>It makes it easier to train
Because of this, people doesn't like easy stuff.
>>
File: alolan persian.png (9KB, 831x519px) Image search: [Google]
alolan persian.png
9KB, 831x519px
I don't know.
>>
File: gengen.jpg (37KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gengen.jpg
37KB, 600x800px
>>
I kinda wish there would be two exp shares. The old one for early game and the new one for post game.

inb4 "just turn it off" i hate setting artificial rules for myself to make the game harder.
>>
File: 1477725965442.png (2MB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477725965442.png
2MB, 840x1200px
The fact it was a reward in previous generations that you got mid-game and wasn't utterly broken back then only to change it so it's one of the first items you get and trivializes the game is a bit of an issue to some degree. The game is significantly more fun without it

It feels like it should be a post-game benefit or something so you can train competitive teams easier. Might as well do things live give the Shiny Charm off the bat so those numbers don't mean anything anymore. It's all about balance
>>
>>29533937
Explain why we can't just get the option to use the Gen 5 Exp. Share (which I have absolutely no problem with using) as an alternative.
>>
>>29533882
>It makes it easier to train a whole box full of Pokemon in one run.
>train a whole box

No one is going to train a whole box on a regular run. During a regular run, people usually have in mind their final team and will train just those Pokemon. Not only will you over level your team for any future battle, you get the exp share too early.
>>
>>29533882
>It makes it easier to train a whole box full of Pokemon in one run.

This was already easy in BW thanks to the new EXP mechanics and the Audino everywhere.

>>29533937
And nuEXP share apologists can't comprehend that not everyone enjoys playing this way.
>>
Ṯ̵̸̻̦͉͎̦̲̩̃͑ͨ̅̃̀ͤ̉̑̈́ͦͩ̿̓̋̓͛̚̕͞͞H̡̨̖͈̠̮̞̘̪̝̞̤ͪ͋͛̄̂ͭͣ̏ͯ̆̄̈̒̕͢͡E̶͌̈ͬ̉ͭ̃̽͌ͤͣͨ͂ͪͪͪͬ҉̴̦͇̫̖̗̙̱͖͙͍͟R̸̨̪̭̹̉̿̈̏̉ͭͤ͆̓͗ͪͨͣ́͘͜ͅE͕̣͈͉͍̘̰̎͐͊ͨͧ̀̕͝͝ ̴̧̢̲̫̠̒ͪ̑ͨ̓ͪ͋̾͗ͪ̌ͬ̚͜͟Ĩ̶̡̠̼̹̘̞͓͇͕ͬͤ̍ͭ̑̑͒̎͊̆ͦͭ̿ͫͪ̌͝Sͯ͂̋̋̌̽̽̊͏̴̧̯̠̰̲̼̖̕͜ ̴͊ͫ̇̀͑̓͞͏̤̳̺̣̱̣̩N̴̰̠͇͈̐̊̔͌ͨ̍ͤͯ͐̈́͋̾̉̐͌́̚͘͝O̧̜̬̪̤̫̮̣͙̦̳̭̫̪̥͍ͤ̑͛͋̌̎̈͑ͩ̈́ͫ̊̚̚ͅ ̛̗͙̱̫̖̦̹͓͍̭̞͎̯͈̗̬͎̲̿ͪ̊̾ͮͬ͗̈̆͋̊͒͗̏͆͢ͅF̢̨͈̝̘̗̩̥͑ͧ͌̋̐̐̍̿ͩ͜͞ͅÙ̴̢̯̦̪͖͔͚͍̠͔̞̬͍̓ͣ̄̑͊̌͗̎̇̒̓͘ͅNͦͧ͌̏̊̾̔̑̿̑̈́̽ͩ̒ͧ͆҉͈̣͎̖͈͕̳̝͍̕͢ͅͅ
>>
>>29534947
Despite whatever message that image is trying to say, the second it used stutter texting it became meaningless. No good argument has the other side use stutter text. It shows a level of immaturity of, "those who disagree with me are stuttering and crying children."
>>
>>29535048
nice meme
>>
>>29535145
yours isn't
>>
>>29535048
Question

What point does making easy games easier provide?
>>
>>29535189
I dunno. I'm not defending it. I agree with the fact that the games are becoming easier, I just dislike that image's message use of stutter text.
>>
>>29535260
The reason for it is to invoke strawman, sure, but the reason behind it is well supporting and logical point. I would disregard the levels because a couple changes to those is an unnecessary thing to bitch about

The real issue is an item that was once objectively inferior was an optional, mid-game present you can earn if you knew exactly how to get it. Now it's one of the first key items you obtain and it trivializes an already simple game

This would not be an issue if it were earned at a later point, but when the game is more fun without its aid, then the issue is the fact Game Freak is bothered by retarded kids dropping their games and need braindead handholding to enjoy an already braindead game. Meanwhile the older fanbase has split opinions on it, and no one can defend Game Freak for only focusing on the children when they have blatant Gen I and Kanto pandering in both Gen VI and VII and kids certainly don't give a fuck about that
>>
>>29534947
I love how this image shows Cyrus's team because it knows Archie's Sharpedo has never had a water STAB attack.

He also has one more Pokemon than he did in gen 3 for whatever it's worth.
>>
>>29534947
Emerald has more Pokémon for the gum leaders than the original Ruby and Sapphire. ORAS isn't an emerald remake.
>>
>>29535386
I agree. I'm normally one of those 'just turn it off' fags, but if it is gonna be like how it is now, it should be gotten later. Pokemon games are easy, but they shouldn't be retard-proof easy.
>>
>>29535389
Gen III teams were pretty abysmal, but it does have a point about it being a remake that came after Gen IV

Still would've been more fair to show the Gen III team
>>
>>29533882
I do agree that the new EXP share is great for training a lot of Pokemon. But it should be reserved as a post game upgrade
>>
>>29533882
>have a pokemon I never use
>it levels up and gets stronger
Literally contradicts the whole abstraction of EXPERIENCE
>>
>>29535494
So you're against expshare in general then?
>>
>>29535472
It's not like ORAS isn't without faults but they improved Sharpedo by giving him different fang attacks for the battles. Archie's entire team throughout ORAS has a better movepool than it did in RSE. Especially his Sharpedo. The only negative change is that it loses Swagger in the last battle. THe rest was all pretty much good.

It's why it's stupid to complain about it. It's hate for the sake of hate.
>>
>>29535443
>ORAS isn't an emerald remake.

and yet the teams are still worse than ruby/sapphire

fuck off ORAS fanboy.

>>29535048
>I-I can't come up with an actual counterargument so I'll just blame the stutter text!

nice one anon.
>>
>>29536115
You didn't read my later post where I said that I agreed with the games becoming easier, did you?
>>
>>29534947
If you don't need it, don't use it. I have doctor prescribed medication for ADHD, but if I feel on a day I don't have anything important going on that requires taking it, I don't take it.

I'm not saying the games aren't easier of late. But if you don't like the EXP Share because it makes it easier, don't use it. It's an option.
>>
It's casual now, dudebrodawg. I LIKED having to switch out my magikarp 500 times to make it useful.
>>
>>29536270
>I'm not saying the games aren't easier of late. But if you don't like the EXP Share because it makes it easier, don't use it.

Great, so how do I get EXP for my Pokemon without tediously switching it in and out? Please show me how to do this without using the broken exp share.

>>29536152
No because you're anonymous and I have no way of telling which post is yours.
>>
>>29536285
>have to do this for all the bug types too
>except when you occasionally encounter a wild level 5 metapod or whatever your level who cares caterpie can tackle to death over the course of 20 fucking turns

wew
>>
>>29536393
Well that goes to show why you shouldn't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>29534812
It's more fun *to you*. The new exp share was one of the things that got me willing to try Pokemon again after how horrible Black and White were. I actually liked being able to catch new Pokemon up with my earlier ones without doing the same old 'send them out against some wild shitmon then switch them out' some thousand times.
>>
>>29536393
Just play the game. Unless you're hatching traded egg Pokemon from another game in a run, the wild encounters should be good enough to stand up to what's around them as you find them, so just use what works typing wise for each fight. Did a run of XY recently without it and just a team of six, ended up somewhat underleveled at the very end, but I was able to actually fight the final fights fine. Or like I do with my medication, you can use it as you see fit.

It would be very nice if it let you selectively choose which Pokemon it is distributed to or not, though.
>>
>>29536439
Well that goes to show you should add fucking context to your post instead of making a meaningless point

>>29536610
>Just play the game.
By tediously switching in and out weak pokemon? no thanks
>>
>>29536854
You don't really have to in the first place if you're just using a team of six. Just use whatever Pokemon has the best type match up for the situation, thing'll fall into place.
>>
>>29536393
What, is switching out too hard for you? Then keep the Exp Share on, you baby.

You have Lucky Eggs, you have trainer rematches, you have a daycare, you have Blissey bases, you have O Powers. For you to advocate for the removal of something that gets rid of so much mindless tedium and then bitch about it still being too tedious when you have so many methods of leveling mons more rapidly WITHOUT Exp Share is beyond retarded. You're okay with all that shit, but not the Exp Share? Hell, if they made the game so easy anyways, why do you need to grind?
>>
>>29536854

>>29535260
>>29535465
>>
>>29536854
>This is too tedious!
>This isn't tedious enough!
You fucking child. The games are easier than ever anyways, what the fuck do you need to grind for?
>>
File: 1476779532746.jpg (32KB, 234x368px) Image search: [Google]
1476779532746.jpg
32KB, 234x368px
>>29536603
The old EXP Share did a good job at that though. The new EXP Share has a habit of over-leveling your team so that you're stuck using one until you turn it off again

Audino Grinding from BW was a much better option to get members of your team to catch up since they give out fuckloads of EXP
>>
>>29537073
The old Exp Share did a good job of being a complete waste. Its effect is replicated just by moving your shitmon to your first slot, then switching it out mid-battle. Its sole purpose was to get rid of that one extra step. You couldn't just use it to passively level reserve mons during the main game, because you got half (or less) exp. So what's the point? You can level something up faster using the old switch method with an exp O-power rather than just using the old Exp Share, and Blissey bases kick the shit out of Audino farming. So what's the point?
>>
File: KCZe0H0.jpg (31KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
KCZe0H0.jpg
31KB, 550x550px
>>29534947
>doesn't like the exp share
>knows you can switch it off
>chooses not to
>"I-I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot"
These are the people voicing their opinions on /vp/
>>
>>29537307
Yeah, I agree, what's the point of the nuEXP Share when you just got done describing a great way to raising a team member without it?
>>
>>29537339
Leveling more than one Pokemon at a time. Being able to keep a team at an okay level without needing to stop and grind. Being able to level other Pokemon without crippling your mains.
>>
>>29537326
>>knows you can switch it off

why should I switch it off and assume the game is going to be unbalanced with it though?
>>
>>29537326
No but to say the games aren't getting easier and being made easier is objectively false. Which the creators have openly stated
>>
>>29534947
Just turn it off you fucking waste of breathable air
>>
File: 1477367987355.png (103KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477367987355.png
103KB, 600x476px
>>29537479
Fine and dandy. Most people bitch about it being something you get immediately off the bat and breaks the main game rather than a post-game benefit of making a competitive team though

That's literally the consensus a good chunk of people have come to over the damn item
>>
>>29537488
>why should I switch it off
Because you're complaining about it, and according to you guys, the game is so much easier anyways.
>>
>>29537584
Then you know what that 'good chunk of people' can do?

Turn it off. You have methods for grinding in almost the exact same way as before, but much, much faster. There's also an item that allows exp to be distributed across the whole party. It's the best of both worlds, everybody gets what they want, so I don't understand why this is such an old issue. If your whole argument is just that the games should be harder, that's a whole new story.
>>
File: Courtney sees your dick.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Courtney sees your dick.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>29537923
My very first post I stated the game was more fun with it off though
>>
File: sketchy minior.png (319KB, 756x736px) Image search: [Google]
sketchy minior.png
319KB, 756x736px
>>29533882
I seriously can't pick browns
And I just realized that it's flashing, this is what happens when you keep me up past my bedtime, /vp/
>>
>>29536603
>The new exp share was one of the things that got me willing to try Pokemon again after how horrible Black and White were.
>the only thing that can make me play Pokémon is getting the game to practically play itself

Also posting this pic just because it makes me seethe with rage. How did they fuck up one of the only things brought from Emerald to ORAS so badly.
>>
>>29534778
>i hate setting artificial rules for myself to make the game harder.
Then that's your own fault for being an idiot
>>
>>29533882
>Also freehand drawing Pokemon with no references thread.
You can't set up two thread topics like that you madman.
>>
>>29538201
He's an idiot because the game is so piss-easy that the only way to possibly have fun is to severely handicap yourself, and he doesn't like that kind of game design?

You can enjoy Kirby games without needing to limit yourself to no power-ups, Pokémon should be similar, designed for all ages to enjoy instead of only the mobile generation.
>>
>>29537605
>Because you're complaining about it,

Yeah, after the fact. I have no way to tell what a game will be like before playing it.

>>29537537
see >>29537488 and >>29536393
>>
>playing Y for first time
>able to train a different team for each gym
>>
>>29538774
>play White for the first time
>able to train a different team for each gym
>but also able train only 6 pokemon without being retardedly overleveled
>>
>>29538237
>severely handicap
You mean like in all the games before the Exp. Share affected the whole party?
>>
File: 1398376046964.png (108KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398376046964.png
108KB, 480x480px
>>29538774
God that shit was so good.
>lead one team with Greninja
>another team with Metagross
>another with Heracross
>another with Krookodile
>bring all of them back in to one team to face the elite 4
I came multiple times. Then I started up Blue on VC and tried to do the same thing, and by the time my second team was all at a high enough level to hold their own against Misty, I'd spent 6 hours just grinding. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>29538833
I can play an older Pokémon game naturally, just grabbing a full team I like and using them throughout the game, and have fun. I don't have to go out of my way to avoid anything. It's not a difficult game but it's not so boringly easy that I have trouble staying awake.

With Gen 6, you explicitly have to avoid the Exp. Share and Amie boosts in order to have fun. I didn't know to avoid them, and my playthrough fucking sucked. One of my Pokémon had a trade boost and it got to Level 85 by the Champion with all the other boosts stacked.
>>
>>29533882
Because instead of being given to you at a reasonable point in the game where this might be a valid argument, each successive game gives it to you earlier and earlier, to the point where you get it in the first hour or so of ORAS and SM will supposedly follow suit.

>>29534812
Also this.
>>
>>29536603
You are the sort of "fan" we don't need. You just want everything handed to you on a silver fucking platter.
>>
>>29538833
see >>29534947
>>
>>29538938
>we
You are the sort of "fan" we don't need. You just want everything removed that helps people other than you.
>>
>>29538253
So when you were 10 levels higher than every other trainer around you it didn't tip you off that maybe you might enjoy the game more if you switched the exp share off at that point? If it got too hard for you after that, you could always just switch it back on again.
>>
>>29538791
>30 hours of grinding later
Finally ready for the 4th gym lol
>>
>>29534836
Because it would need to switch between being a key item and a holdable item, which no other item in the game does.
>>
>>29538983
Sure, sure, and you want a game that holds your hand, spoon-feeds you, and even plays itself for you. Fucking top kek anon, you're retarded. End yourself.
>>
>>29539027
>So when you were 10 levels higher than every other trainer around you it didn't tip you off that maybe you might enjoy the game more if you switched the exp share off at that point?

No because

1. I have no idea if the game is going to have a sudden level spike like Kanto in GSC or BW post game

and

2. I'm already overleveled anyway so I'm already steamrolling everything

leaving the player to balance the game is fucking terrible game design and I don't know why GF doing it is somehow excusable.
>>
>>29539107
You keep forgetting that you can just switch it back on if theres a level spike
>>
>>29539131
No I can't because that's 250% worth of EXP I'm losing every battle that might need to be saved up. And why should I be alternating between shooting myself in the foot and playing normally?

Like I said, terrible game design.
>>
>>29539107
>1. I have no idea if the game is going to have a sudden level spike like Kanto in GSC or BW post game
So you're one of the retards who cries over a challenge. Nigger, I bet every time a game asks you what difficulty to play on, you select Easy.

>2. I'm already overleveled anyway so I'm already steamrolling everything
So making you even more over-levelled and thus allowing you to plough through the game even easier is a good solution?

Besides, no one is saying we should REMOVE the Exp. Share. We're saying it should be given out later on as a reward, rather than just being given out at the beginning.

Or, holy fuck, don't turn it on by default. Even ORAS says to turn it on BUT IT'S ALREADY ON BY DEFAULT.
>>
>>29534947
Pokemon was never hard. Grinding is just smashing the A button and navigating some menus. Nothing about that is difficult, it's just boring and takes forever.
>>
File: 1387850100170.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1387850100170.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>29539153
>might need to be saved up
Why do you need it? I thought you wanted a CHALLENGE? Quit being such a pussy.
>>
>>29539153
>alternating between shooting myself in the foot and playing normally
I think what you meant to say is that you'd be alternating between playing normally and being spoon-fed like a retarded toddler.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.