[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right before the shutdown, there was some distribution going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Connecting_to_WFC.png (24KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Connecting_to_WFC.png
24KB, 256x384px
Right before the shutdown, there was some distribution going on a different DNS server. Does that function still work or are we doomed?
>>
>>29532427
You'd need a modded rom. Just changing the DNS isn't enough to bypass the shutdown notice.
>>
>>29532857
And I guess nobody is distributing anything anymore at this point, right? Nintendo is fucked up
>>
just get a second DS and one of those event distribution roms
>>
Homebrew DS servers exist with near complete functionality. Most notably, you can finally get the damn wi-fi battle tower ribbon without outright hacking it onto your Pokemon.
>>
>>29534010
How does that work m8?
>>
>>29534205
2nding this I really want all the ribbons legit.
>>
>>29534205
If I recall the old pokegen threads, you run the program on your computer, and set up the ds's DNS to point to the ip and port it tells you to. I remember using it in D/P/Pt just fine.
>>
>>29532427
I think the old DNS trick still works for distribution and such, and there are private servers for GTS and trading like http://pkmnclassic.net/ but you'll need to either patch your rom or use AR codes to use them.
>>
>>29534626
But was that before the shutdown? Back then you just needed to change the DNS settings to the distro server and enter the GTS but I'm presuming it doesn't work anymore
>>
>>29534676
You could try using something like http://pokecheats.net/gts/ to check.
>>
>>29535174
Just tried, it doesn't work... It used to be so simple and now we're stuck with terrible games
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.