[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
Besides Gen 1, which Generation you guys feel retained the most and the less users, introduced healthy and fun mechanics, and was just good or bad for Pokemon in general? For me pic related is the drawn of ideas in the series.
>>
If we're talking quality of the ideas actually put into the game? The worst gen was 5. If we're talking about the quality of the games, the worst gen is 6. 5 proved itself with it's second set of games, but 6 is a fucking mess from start to finish. Normally, I don't actually think I could direct a better game than the people who made it. I could do Gen 6 better, and I'm currently writing on 4chan.
>>
>>29527893
>For me pic related is the drawn of ideas in the series.
In what way?
The only thing of worth it added was the split everything else was either a worse version of something in a previous game or just about useless.

When it comes to healthy and fun mechanics I would say gens 2, 3 and 6 stand at the top in that regard. 2 simply because of breeding, you could now obtain certain pokemon without going through the tedium of restarting.
3 rehauled the entire game and is the base of all pokemon games to date. It also added things like an IV checker, Natures and Abilities and a new battle format that quickly became the main format for PvP.
6 now, I have to say the quality of the game is, questionable, because it was the transition to 3D. But it did add a system to fine tune EVs instead of leaving players to minmax their mon as well as further refinements to the breeding mechanics to allow players to have legitimate perfect pokemon within a short span of time.

Additional mentions go to Pass Powers in gen 5 that went on to become O-Powers.
>>
File: 1467321566975.png (5KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
1467321566975.png
5KB, 324x271px
>>29528538
>>
>>29530424
>Wi-Fi Connection

You don't seem to realize how revolutionary this was at the time.
>>
>>29530590
I don't think you understand how restrictive the DS' Wifi was nor do you realise how buggy Gen 4's online was.
On that note Gen 5 allowed connection to all types of wifi connection and refined the system.
>>
>>29530699
The previous games had no wifi at all. Gen4 was fucking revolutionary to even implement that shit.
Making it better in gen5 is not even near as revolutionary as getting it in the first place.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.