[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Adventures Book Club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: PA1_Front_Cover-me.jpg (195KB, 520x756px) Image search: [Google]
PA1_Front_Cover-me.jpg
195KB, 520x756px
It's been a good couple of years since I've read Pokemon Adventures and I was wondering if anyone would like to begin reading it again with me. We can discuss panels we find funny and other things.

We'll start at the beginning and have discussions as we go through

http://jb2448.info/index.php?/category/1231

here's part 1
>>
i should have guessed /vp/ is illiterate
>>
I've been trying to get back into this series recently and this just might motivate me.
You can count on me to join you, OP.
>>
>>29527636
Nice, I'm reading black and white but I want to read the beginning again.
>>
>>29527754
I believe I started Black and White a while ago though I completely skipped over DP.
Starting from the beginning will be nice.
>>
>>29527884
Diamond and Pearl was really hard to get into in my opinion.

I think ruby and sapphire are the best in the series.
>>
I just finished black and white yesterday.
I'm gonna skip BW2 for now until it's completed, and start ORAS (since XY is also incomplete)
>>
>>29527994
I just looked it up and that's really disheartening. BW2 sounds like a cool concept with Rosa being an ex team plasma member
>>
>>29527948
Ruby and Sapphires story was probably the most enticing. Both of their personalities and goals were so well done, and it really fit the whole Hoenn vibe.
>>
>>29528129
I love their romance
>>
>>29528046
Also Nate is part of the international police, who's after team plasma
>>
>>29527884
>>29527948
But DPPt trio is great.
>>
>>29528176
Is it? I might try to give it another shot then.
>>
>>29528176
I didn't like their comedy duo but they did get better as the series went on.
>>
When does everyone want to start reading?
>>
>>29528529
I'll start tomorrow or even a little bit tonight, if that's alright?
>>
>>29528923
Alright sounds good, I'll probably start tonight as well.
>>
>>29528129
I will definitely agree that the RS arc is the best, but Gold is still the best character
>>
my thought: it was the best and most faithful pokemon adaptation until generations.

Is better than the anime, even if sometimes i don't like the tone they give to the main characters.

XY is a great story, even if unfinished, has the most serious plot until now. DPP and RSE/ORAS are good as well.
>>
>>29529519
I really like Crystal as well.
>>
>>29527342
Does this have all the series? If not where can I find all of the poke adventures series
>>
>>29530088
It has everything up to the first xy manga
>>
>>29530110
All right thanks Brodie
>>
File: 1476312804413.jpg (48KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1476312804413.jpg
48KB, 390x390px
>>29527342
>tfw pokemon adventures will finally come from the beginning in my country this month
>>
>>29527342

That website earns an A+ for completeness but a D for readability. Does anyone know if there's some sort of reader mode or something?
>>
nigga just storytime it
>>
XY just ended in the magazines.

shit's pretty crazy yo.
>>
File: 002.png (27KB, 368x277px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
27KB, 368x277px
>>29530532
same here in my country, but in january this year

three chapters left and i'm done with the rbg-arc
and so far i found three typos

>picture of nidoking
>red calls him nidoqueen

didn't happend in the english version
>>
File: poliwhirl.jpg (199KB, 466x473px) Image search: [Google]
poliwhirl.jpg
199KB, 466x473px
Starting it now,

First topic: What do you guys think of Poliwhirl being the Red's first Pokemon?

I thought it strange at first but I really like Poliwhirl so I was happy he got some time in the limelight. I really like that Gold gets a politoed as a contrast
>>
>>29533088
Count me in dude. Poliwhirl is cool poke and I like the fact that he has been with red since they were kids
>>
>>29528176
DPPt has a really slow start but it ramps up in a great way. Much like the games themselves really.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (83KB, 451x190px)
Untitled-1.jpg
83KB, 451x190px
It's a neat thing that Green sees Mew before Red.
>>
>>29533088
Poliwag line was Tajiri's favorite Pokemon and it's nice to see him get spotlight.

One thing I like about Special is the fact that the characters all tend to have Pokemon prior to their starter. It's a great world building mechanic.
>>
File: machoke.jpg (120KB, 482x270px)
machoke.jpg
120KB, 482x270px
Love the detail on this Machoke
>>
>>29533390
This so much.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (44KB, 174x190px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
44KB, 174x190px
Although, Charizard is my favourite, I'm happy Bulbasaur was the one Red chose.

Bulbasaur sure gets the short end of the stick.
>>
>>29530532
Prepare for an onslaught of English words in your translation, if my local one is any indication
TPCi and their brand image guidelines can go suck a fat one, it's really jarring to have all Pokemon move/item/location names etc. terms in another language, I didn't bother buying after the first volume

>>29533088
It gives the impression that Red, unlike his counterpart, does already have SOME experience with handling Pokemon, even if he immediately admits that it's probably a good idea to try and learn some more from Prof. Oak. It helps with the idea that he's lived in a world full of Pokemon all his life, as opposed to how the games' world sometimes comes off as having had Pokemon recently introduced to them and being the hottest new thing. Also makes it more easily acceptable that he grows to become such a prodigy so fast.
The fact that it's Poliwhirl specifically seems mostly just a nod to it being Tajiri's favourite. It does further reflect on Red's personality, since I would imagine not nearly everyone who played the games ever used one, on account of there being so many different Water types to choose from when it comes time to choose your Surfing monster.
>>29533374
That the story focuses on Mew in the very first chapter (and again a little later on) is curious to me. Adventures started out a little over a year after the release of the games; I've heard the story of Pokemon's sales being a little slow to start, with popularity spreading by word of mouth, and Nintendo/GF eventually doing the Mew giveaway contests to further build publicity, but I don't really know the specifics of the timing of these events. Was Adventures showing off Mew part of this campaign, or did it happen afterwards as a nod to the now-booming craze?
>>
>>29533796
Red, unlike his game counterpart*
>>29533671
Yeah, I'm super glad Bulbasaur was the choice here. No particular reason besides it being my favourite of the three, though.
>>
>>29533796
Most likely after the Mew event as the Adventures came out in 1997.

I love how quick Red gets into his adventure, no long goodbye in Pallet Town. He just sees Oak, fights a Machoke in Viridian City and continues on.

Also, does that Machoke belong to Giovanni? Seems very likely.
>>
>>29533671
why not just storytime so we can all enjoy it together
>>
>>29533914
I don't know what that means
>>
>>29533889
Yeah, Adventures has no time to give the whole "you can't go out without a Pokemon" business. Red already has a Poliwhirl of his own, and he and Oak end up chasing the runaway monsters all the way to Viridian, however far that's supposed to be from Oak's lab. (They said it's at the very edge of Pallet?)
The Machoke is probably either owned by Giovanni, or is one of the Pokemon that were experimented on by Rocket (and by extension owned by Giovanni).
>>
>>29534186
storytiming is posting it the thread bro page by page
>>
>>29534300
The link is in the first post and this thread is meant for discussion. We can read at our own pace and post things we find interesting. I'm on the first book, chapter 6, so you can catch up to me really fast.

Also the whole Pikachu against Onix fight was total bullshit. Wish Adventures didn't copy the anime in that regard. At least in the anime, Brock's onix was covered in water. This pikachu just destroys it like it's nothing.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (142KB, 457x345px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
142KB, 457x345px
Red's quite the flirter
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (48KB, 263x150px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
48KB, 263x150px
Mickey Mouse is canon in the pokemon universe.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (91KB, 476x177px)
Untitled-1.jpg
91KB, 476x177px
Tom Sawyer and Becky as well
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (196KB, 517x397px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
196KB, 517x397px
What's in the needle to make Rhyhorn evolve?

Liquefied Rare candy?
>>
>>29534407
>Wish Adventures didn't copy the anime in that regard.
Did they not happen roughly at the same time independent of each other?
>anime started April 1, 1997
>Pewter Gym episode on April 29, 1997, four weeks later
>Pokemon Adventures started in March 1997, Pewter Gym happening in fifth chapter.
>>
>>29534649
Damn, was it merely just a coincidence?
>>
>>29527531
yuo
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.