[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why was gen 2 cucked? Gen 1 had huge nostalgia trip in XY:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: filing_images_f5b628d921de.jpg (362KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
filing_images_f5b628d921de.jpg
362KB, 600x419px
So why was gen 2 cucked?

Gen 1 had huge nostalgia trip in XY: Megas for starters Charizard got even 2), Megas for Mewtwo, roaming Legendary birds, Viridian Forrest clone, Snorlax on the road etc. Even Origins came out at that time

Then ORAS did it for third gen. Again huge nostalgia trip

Everybody thought SM will be gen 2 nostalgia mostly with megas for Johto starters, Lugia and Ho-oh etc Some people (Including Verlisfy) thought Lugia and Ho-oh will be even on the artboxes for Sun and Moon (dont ask me why) and yet...

Its gen one nostalgia once again with bits of gen 6

Why was gen 2 cucked?
>>
HGSS
>>
>>29527058
Because not enough people care for gen 2. Why do you think they had to spice up HGSS with two bit gimmicks?
>>
>>29527058
Gen 2 had a small dex and thus a lack of legendaries because it was essentially just a sequel to Kanto.

Plus it ended up getting a remake (HGSS) that ended up being one of the greatest installments in the franchise.
>>
>>29527058
Gen 2 has always been cucked. It is the cuckold gen.
>>
File: smreps.png (2MB, 1816x3416px) Image search: [Google]
smreps.png
2MB, 1816x3416px
LOL
O
L
>>
>>29527170
Why is Anabel there?
>>
>>29527142
>that ended up being one of the greatest installments in the franchise.
Yeah no. They forgot major essentials and didn't fix anything. Then some pokemon can't even evolve without being traded to a DPPt because they were too busy making it a chore to catch them all.
>>
>>29527058
Gen Two? More like Gen Who amirite?
>>
>>29527058
> Snorlax on the road
That shit really infuriated me.
> gen 1, snorlax represents an obstacle that at first represents a completely impassable barrier, then one you can defeat, then one you can capture to grow stronger, representing pokémon's theme of getting stronger by going on adventures
> gen 2, snorlax requires that you go somewhere else for a while, but going there is still fun enough
> gen 6, snorlax requires that you go to a tourist attraction, find someone's dog with your hand held every fucking step of the way by an annoying NPC, and come back no stronger than you were before
If that segment hadn't been there, the average quality of XY would have increased by a small but significant amount.
>>
>>29527248
>but going there is still fun enough
You liked going through raped Kanto?
>>
>>29527170
This post made me realize perfect the SM regional dex is
>>
>>29527283
> You liked seeing Kanto, the first region you'd played, in a new light?
> You liked learning more about the relationship between it and Johto?
> You liked seeing how it had changed in three years?
Yes. Yes I did.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.