[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tapu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: tapu.jpg (24KB, 434x448px) Image search: [Google]
tapu.jpg
24KB, 434x448px
>Tapu Koko -- Electric
>Tapu Bulu -- Grass
>Tapu Fini -- Water
>Tapu Lele -- Psychic???

Where the fuck is the Fire one, /vp/?
>>
File: angry pepe.jpg (6KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe.jpg
6KB, 200x194px
>>29525225
Fuck combustion type
>>
>>29525225
>no Electric/Grass/Fire/Water to coincide with the original games
>no Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost to match Oricorio
They went with the one option that wouldn't give us a Fire/Fairy type
>>
>>29525225
This because Tapu Lele was inspired by Tatsumaki, so they made her psychic.
>>
>>29525225
The Tapus all have abilities that instantly summon a terrain. Terrains are supposed to be the "pseudo weather effects"; weather for types that don't have an actual "weather". As such, they couldn't have a Fire one because then it'd have to have Sun, which is a weather effect, or make a "Fiery Terrain", which completely ruins the whole reason for Terrains.

Basically, the Tapus were made mainly for Terrains and color.
>>
>>29525417

Then why is there a Water one. They're all Fairy-type but only that one gets the Fairy-type terrain, because otherwise it would have Drizzle?
>>
>>29525225
I'm more mad about

>Get bird that changes type to the types of each island
>Fire, Electric, Psychic, Ghost

>Get Guardians for each island leaked
>Red (Fire), Electric, Pink (Psychic), Purple (Ghost)

>Get Guardians for each island revealed
>Grass, Electric, Psychic, Water
>>
>>29525443
The Fairy-type one is called "Misty terrain"

That fits both Fairy and Water
>>
>>29525443
It summons the Fairy terrain.
>>
>>29525522
Then why didn't they make a "Smoky Terrain" to fit Fire type without being an explicitly Fire type terrain?
>>
>>29525417
Make a spooky terrain and give Tapu Bulu misty terrain
>>
>>29525542
Because Fire-types already have Drought

GF was lazy and instead of making Tapu Fini Ghost-type and giving it a new "Spooky Terrain" they decided to make it Water-type so they could reuse the Misty Terrain introduced in XY
>>
>>29525225

Really liked to see a set of 8 legendaries someday that represent the classical elements, and you have to summon all of them as keys to unlock some sort of gate storywise:

-Fire (Fire-type)
-Water (Water-type)
-Earth (Ground-type)
-Air (Flying-type)
-Wood (Grass-type)
-Metal (Steel-type)
-Lightning (Electric-type)
-Ice (Ice-type)
>>
>>29525573
And Water types already have Drizzle. What I'm saying is, they gave Fini a non-specific terrain that's explained in the lore of being caused by its water powers.

They could do the same thing for a Fire Tapu.
>>
>>29525443
This:>>29525522
I am actually really impressed with how Misty Terrain fits both types
>>
>>29525621
>we already had Electric, Fairy and Grass terrains in Gen 6.
>the Hawaiian islands are color coded, and the main ones used in the game are Yellow, Pink, Red and Purple.
>GF made all the Tapus Fairy and decided to give each of them an auto-terrain ability.
>Electric terrain fits the Yellow island perfectly, so we have Tapu Koko
>Grassy terrain didn't fit any of the other colors so they randomly gave it to the Red guardian because they were either too lazy to make a Fiery terrain to fit the guardian's color, or because they couldn't think of a Fiery terrain that didn't sound redundant with Drought
>instead of making a Spooky terrain only for the Purple Guardian, they decided to make it Water-type and give it Misty Terrain, since the terrain's name fits both Fairy and Water-type AND doesn't sound redundant with Drizzle
>that way, they only had to create ONE new terrain
>finally, the new terrain being Psychic-type also allowed them to cuck Talonflame and priority as a whole and still make sense thematically (precognition preventing priority moves)
>>
>>29525845
Ok. They could have made a Fire/Fairy Tapu instead of Lele, and given it some terrain that nerfs Steel moves and delets priority or some shit.

There's really no excuse for not having a Fire/Fairy type and instead reusing Psychic/Fairy a third time.
>>
>>29525923
Oh, so the only problem you have with this whole thing is the fact that they didn't make a Fire/Fairy Tapu?

Then the answer is simple: GF hates Fire-types
>>
>>29525595
I have a set of legends based on the five elements in the Chinese Wuxing cycle (Water, Fire, Metal, Wood, Earth) as well as the four cardinal beasts. The Elite Four of that region are Fire, Water, Flying (Air), and Ground (Earth). I wish Nintendo would get on classical mythologies as more than just a casual reference
>>
>>29525595
>-Fire (Fire-type)
UB-02 Absorption
>-Water (Water-type)
UB-01
>-Earth (Ground-type)
UB Crab
>-Air (Flying-type)
UB Origami
>-Wood (Grass-type)
UB Bamboo
>-Metal (Steel-type)
UB Edge
>-Lightning (Electric-type)
UB Guzma
>-Ice (Ice-type)
UB-02 Beauty
>>
>>29525515
There was, and there is still, no reason to believe that the Tapus and the birds are linked in anyway.

You assumed something like that based on nothing, and you were wrong. Just deal with it, and stop thinking that GF did that to troll anyone.

You saw something that wasn't there, and you were wrong. GF didn't fuck up.
>>
>>29525923
>>29525966
They couldn't make a Fire/Fairy tapu, cause then it'd have to have some Fire Terrain, but Sun already exists, and making a terrain that's the same type for a weather effect defeats the purpose of terrains
>>
>tfw no powerful ghost/fairy ever

Memekyu better be worth something...
>inb4 base 50 hp and shit defenses
>>
>>29526496
Can you fuck off faggot. At least type like you have a lisp so that everyone can immediately recognise that you're a homosexual. No one thought the types would correlate because the bird and the Tapu's were related, it's that the bird changed into four types corresponding to an island, and there are four Tapu's for each island, and each of them are coloured the colours of each of the bird's types. It's not something I give a shit about and not something you have to type /Like. This./ about, making repetitive definitive statements like you're trying to lecture a child. Go fuck yourself, probable-Redditfag cancer, and don't respond to me with more gay shit.
>>
> get Primarina this gen which is Water / Fairy

> already had a based Water / Fairy bro in Gen 6 (Azumarill)

> makes this Tapu Water / Fairy instead of unclaimed Dark / Fairy
>>
Fire is not part of nature you retart op, go back to school kiddo
>>
>>29525225

>tapu lele
>the weird member of the family
>following traditions

theirs brother fail to make her a productive member of their guardian family
>>
>>29525317
>Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost to match Oricorio
I long time ago I was discussing with a fag in this board and he swear that the tapus types would be the same as Oricorio and that I would be BTFO
I would love to see his face now
>>
>>29526945
>literally what are wildfires
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.