[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people care about the fucking Battle Frontier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Battle_Frontier_Map.png (435KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Frontier_Map.png
435KB, 600x325px
Why do so many people care about the fucking Battle Frontier? It was always shit to begin with and was a total waste of time.

Why would you want to do a bunch of consecutive battles like that before facing the brain? If it had been a second set of gyms where you face the brain right away I'd have been into it, but needing to win any more than 10 battles in a row is just tedious.

I'm glad it's gone, and I hope it never comes back. 100% serious, but I know you'll all cry bait.
>>
I wanted an updated pyramid
>>
Because Lucy is hot
>>
>>29520534
I want to see those characters again ffs
>>
>>29520534
>>29520534
You had to git gud to do the Battle Frontier, people complain about Pokemon games been really easy, so this was a place where it wasn't.
>>
>>29520534
You have 8 brand new ways to play the game now. You had to strategize in multiple ways
>>
When I was nine, I cried about it not just being another set of gyms myself. But then as I grew older I realized why Battle Facilities, particularly the alternate ones found in the Frontiers, are great. If you don't realize that already, then it's just not for you, but don't wish for something completely optional to be gone that others love.
>>
Sounds like you were bad at the frontier op, and yes that matters.
It was an actual challenge to get all gold symbols. If it was simply another set of gym leaders they would have been swept and forgotten.
>>
It wasn't the amount of battles for me. It's that it exists in an entirely different system than the rest of the game. This is what has kept me away from ALL battle facilities. You either know competitive or you fail. I refuse to be competitive, so fuck all of that.
>>
>>29521959
>Inrefuse to play the game
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 342x192px
>>29521830
>3 Pokémon that could all be 1 hit KO'd
>"git gud"
>>
>>29522138
If all your Pokémon can get one hit kod and youre not prepared for such bs yes git gud.
>>
>>29521959
Why do you refuse to be competitive? Pretty sure you can still clear these with your favorites with right preparation.
>>
>>29522218

Heck, Battle Factory gives you free Pokemon to try out.
>>
I personally think some of the Battle Frontier facilities were just boring. Just watching your Pokemon fight or passing trough a tent to get random battles or stat changes, as well as being qualified in 3 turns wasn't that great. On the other hand, the classic Battle Tower, the Battle Pyramid and the Battle Factory were cool, but the Battle Dome can be easily changed by the PWT, they can also put Sinnoh's Battle Hall and Castle.
>>
>>29522670

Agreed. I say swap out the Palace and Arena with the Hall and Arcade and throw in the castle if GF is willing to have 8 facilities.
>>
>>29522203
>not prepared for Quick Claw Pinsir with Guillotine that hits three times in a row
>git gud

My favorite thing about Frontier babbies is how they shit on Gen 6 for getting rid of the Frontier, when it's their darling Gen 5 that did away with it once and for all in favor of a shitty subway.
>>
File: 1421266204783.jpg (225KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
1421266204783.jpg
225KB, 583x414px
>>29520534
GIT FUCKING GUD SCRUBSHIT
>>
>>29523002

Subway was the tower clone with the PWT in BW2 taking place as the proper post game facility.

Gen 6 gets shit on for not having it because half the demand for Hoenn remakes was the return of the Emerald Frontier.
>>
t. I couldnt get a single silver print
>>
File: 1477367987355.png (103KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477367987355.png
103KB, 600x476px
>>29523002
I still don't get the point of introducing shitty, half-assed battle mechanics. Game Freak seems to love doing this, not just the Battle Frontier but with all these weird, gimmicky areas nobody really likes to play and feel like artificial inflation of the game time

At least the PWT was fanservice, the rest tends to be a bunch of RNGfests that you can get the same entertainment value off of Wi-Fi battling
>>
>>29523034
This
>wah I lost in one of these facilities entirely due to RNG
Who fucking cares? If you aren't good enough to predict what the random number generator will pick, maybe you should be playing something easy like SMT.
>>
>>29522218
Stats don't matter to me.
>>
If you cant get through a streak of trainer you most likely wont event beat the frontier brain
>>
>>29520534
Battle pyramid and factory are completely different experiences that we got no replacement over in gen 6.

The factory is self explanatory, building up from a team of randoms and taking pokemon from rivals is neat every way you see it.

For the pyramid, I think that since the games are becoming more easy we need some sort of random dungeon where item usage and resource management is important with both wild and trainer battles, so situations where you're running out of items and low on health could happen again even after the post game. The towers on BW2 where a step on the right direction.

More than the frontier I care about those 2, but having them all and more as a full post game challenge on a single area is neat for some people.
>>
>>29522138
>''I never got past the 12th battle''
>>
i wondered what new teams would the Emerald Brains would have at gen 6

but alas
>>
>>29523002
If you were so afraid of OHKO hax you should have brought something with Sturdy.
>>
>>29523069
>you can get the same entertainment value off of Wi-Fi battling

Wi-Fi has been around since Gen 4 and there's still no online Battle Factory, so no.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.