[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For Pokemon S/M, is it worth getting a New 3DS XL or should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: zzz3ds...jpg (37KB, 788x464px) Image search: [Google]
zzz3ds...jpg
37KB, 788x464px
For Pokemon S/M, is it worth getting a New 3DS XL or should I just stick with getting a 2DS?
>>
>>29520290
If it's just for Pokemon, 2DS should be fine.
>>
>>29520301
Maybe the Zelda remasters, but that's it.
>>
get a new 3ds xl with exploitable firmware and mod it
>>
3DS is worth it if you're going to use it a lot, it's nicer to play on
>>
>>29520290
There are little load times difference between the old and new 3ds. That, and some framedrops are more noticeable in old.

If you dont mind that, get the 2ds, if not, try to get a new 3ds and put a custom firmware in that thing.
>>
>>29520318
>>29520323
I can pre-order a 2DS with Pokemon Sun installed for 125 euros. Not a bad deal at all.
>>
>>29520351
Cool!
In my glorious country some sellers are asking roughly 90 euros only for 1 of the games.
>>
>>29520290
Save the money and get 2DS. You need to buy Switch for Gen 8 anyways.
>>
>>29520290

I think you mean SuMo there, friendo :^)
>>
>>29520290
just buy a 2DS and save the shekels
>>
>>29520445
No, he meant Monsoon, my fellow anon (^:
>>
Get a 2DS so when Sun and Moon enhanced version is announced for switch after the Christmas season ends you won't feel too ripped off.
>>
can we mod 2ds? Like al9ha ?
>>
>>29520290
Depends on all sorts of things.
The N3DS is better (although the XL is for old people and sausage fingers). There are likely features that while take way longer to load on the 2DS and the framerate and everything else will be far less stable. Also, it's weird to buy a console for just one game. I got my 3DS for X primarily, but bought plenty of games afterwards and realistically if you like Pokemon then you'll like a lot of the 3DS library.

It's a handheld so prioritise where you're playing it and how you're playing it when making your decision. The 2DS also looks like a babby toy because it's made for little kids who drop shit all over the place.
>>
File: 1475517974360.jpg (102KB, 488x589px) Image search: [Google]
1475517974360.jpg
102KB, 488x589px
I got a japanese n3DSLL off of eBay for ~120.

This alone is pretty useless, but when hacked and made region-free? Fucking excellent. Came with dual IPS as well.

Now I can enjoy Sun/Moon with very little fps drop thanks to unlocking performance.

I may suck as life, but when it comes to this shit I won hard
>>
>>29520290
Get a n3ds and install custom firmware on it. Piracy is cool.
>>
>>29520634
Its even easier on 2ds.
Always comes with 9.0.0-x firmware.
>>
No hinges, no problems Its cheaper too
>>
>>29521556
More like get a 2ds for $60 and install CFW. Then get everything you want with no problem at all.
>>
>>29521741
not remotely true
>>
>>29520290
My 2011 3DS got roughed up over the years and I recently got a new 3DS xl. It's a god-some for playing smash but if you're only getting it for Sun and Moon i'd probably just go with the 2DS. Besides, the Switch is coming out soon so to save your money just buy the 2DS.
>>
>>29521895
How so?
>>
>>29520290
2ds fag here.

Don't get the 2ds man. I played the S/M demo and it looks/feels like shit. The screen is so small and the game just doesn't feel right. I guess size really does matter,
>>
>>29521895
... It is
>>
>>29520290
Can't you get a regular n3ds?
>more compact, but bigger than o3ds
>pixels aren't stretched like on XL
>same performance as n3ds XL
>less expensive
>custom plates

It has a little less battery life though and if you intend to play Action packed games, it will/might hurt your hands if their big enough.
>>
>>29522105
Mine had no trouble except the instant when Hakamo-o did its summon.
>>
>>29520290
The 2DS is fine but keep in mind that they where made for children. Then again so is pokemon. Yeah go ahead with the 2DS.
>>
>>29522133
>>29522071
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/

plenty of none 9.0 2ds, stop telling people outdated information. And don't expect newer 2ds releases to come with <11.0 either
>>
>>29522277
Wasnt aware of these thanks for the info bud, what should I tell my friends to buy then?
>>
>>29522688
anything <11.0 is hackable, anything <10.7 is hackable out-of-the-box without needing a specific game.

Other than that it's personal preference. I personally hate the 2ds, I dislike that it doesn't have hinges and it feels cheap to me. But it doesn't really matter. Tell him to get a bigger sd card though if he wants to pirate a lot
>>
>>29520290
Stop with this meme already. SM are NOT optimized for N3DS and there is zero performance boost. But there are plenty of games that are, and if you don't already have a 3DS at this point you'd be stupid not to just get an N3DS.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.