[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know we need one every generation but holy FUCK this thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Togedemaru.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Togedemaru.png
41KB, 250x250px
I know we need one every generation but holy FUCK this thing looks bad.

It has the Pika cheeks but it doesn't even have cheeks because its circular so they're just awkwardly on its face. I like most of the designs I've seen this gen but it really looks like they put 0 effort into this one.
>>
>>29519418
Actualy I liked it more whan I noticed it's a morgenstern.
And that's nothing new art is shit in this gen.
>>
yeah it's the worst
and has a stupid name
they should've just made mimikyu the pikaclone
>>
GIF RELATED
>>
>>29519430
>they should've just made mimikyu the pikaclone
NO! I like mimikyu how it is now with it's typing.
>>
Gen 7 has some really stellar designs, then this dude comes along and fucks it up. The hedgehog design is wasted on a Pikaclone.

I personally don't think being a Pikaclone is that bad of an offense, I like Emolga and Dedenne, the issue with this one is that it's plain bad outside the Pikachu aspect. I think the thing I hate the most is how it's 'tail' isn't even a tail, it's a big growth coming from behind it's head.
>>
>>29519418
What's bad about this again?
>>
>>29519418
Yeah but how will it win at VCG?
>>
They fucked up on Pikachu related things this gen.
The last pikaclone I didn't dislike was Pachirisu.
Togedemaru's name is blatantly Japanese. I know they all are, but this one doesn't evoke "Pikachu" like Pachirisu or even sound nice. The only relation I see is Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss so I'm guessing "toe gay" means round, or some shit. Its errant spine looks stupid, and its a fucking borb.
Alolan Raichu is also sad and Mimikyu managed to do everything right that Togedemaru did wrong.
The only thing Togedemaru got right was having a surprisingly uncommon typing, which Mimikyu did better by being the only new Ghost-type that didn't retread an existing type combination.
>>
>>29519483
Well now with Grassy Terrain reducing the power of Earthquake it could see some usage. Also, I just now realised how cool a Tapu Bulu/Heatran core could be.
>>
>>29519514
aloan raichu is awesome, idk what you're on about
>>
>>29519418
I hate it alot,looks really stupid.I like to think that Mimikyu is our real Pikaclone of this gen.

>>29519430
The name is the worst
>>
>>29519541
>now with Grassy Terrain reducing the power of Earthquake
>now
It's actually always done that. And by always, I mean the one and only generation it has existed in.
The problem with terrain is it was less useful than weather and costs you a turn to set it up. Tapus bypass the latter much like Drizzle or Sand Stream, and new abilities make use of terrain just as old abilities make use of weather.
>>
>>29519588
I never used any of the Terrains before so that's probably why I didn't knew since I could've just gave that mon a better move for coverage.
Still, I want to see how will this affect the meta and just what new abilities will now come to take advantage of the Terrains. Or even moves (like how you can't miss Thunder in the rain, that kind of effect).
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 382x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 382x330px
FIXED IT
>>
File: TheFirstSonichu.jpg (54KB, 429x592px) Image search: [Google]
TheFirstSonichu.jpg
54KB, 429x592px
>>29519418
Oh boy do i love electric hedgehog Pokemon
>>
>>29519663
Personally I was hoping for more new Terrain moves and abilities, but they copped out on Tapu Bulu and Fini with fucking Grassy and Misty
I get that Fire/Water have weather already, but Ghost has neither and fucking all of the Tapus are Fairy, so why is Wate the one with the shittiest terrain? Don't the devs jerk off over Water-types every generation? If Psychic Terrain is the only new terrain move I will be massively disappointed.
Another issue with terrain over weather is that the enemy benefits from it much more directly. Something that is commonly weak to EQ could switch in and actually tank a hit thanks to Grassy, not to mention the passive recovery.
To take advantage of weather, the opponent would need the right ability or a Pokemon with the right moves. Terrain is much more useful for both sides of the field than a Drizzle or Drought.
>>
>>29519865
>90 HP
I thought most basic Pokemon from that era had around 50
>>
The name is lame. But I like this little guy. I like when Pika-clones are not just recolored pikachu. The thing I don't like is his tail on the top of his back. Wtf
>>
>>29520299
If they retroactively made every Pikaclone into a regional form I'd be fucking elated.
It displays the favoritism they already have as well as offering more to the Pikachu line beyond a shitty one stage clone.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.