[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oricorio / Tapus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Tapu Birdo.png (107KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu Birdo.png
107KB, 1024x512px
Was anyone surprised they didn't end up sharing types? They seemed to match so well, and after I saw Topu Lele in the trailer being Psychic/Fairy I assumed it was going to be confirmed, only to be surprised moments later by Topu Bulu being Grass/Fairy and Topu Fini Water/Fairy.
>>
>>29516167
A bit.
>>
>>29516167
Eh, the Tapu typings had to be made with their terrain summoning abilities in mind. There's no fire terrain because Sun already exists, and there has to be one for Misty Terrain, and a water type works very well for that, which I am thorougly impressed by.

The connection is really just color coding, especially since the island names are just yellow, red, purple, and pink in Hawaiian.
Bulls are often associated with the color red, and a green bull wouldn't be as recognizable.

Oh and they had to have more than 3 terrains to fit 4 guardians, so they probably made a Psychic Terrain because the color coding works there.

If you think about all this, it sort of makes sense in a creative way.
>>
More disappointed than surprised. I would have liked a more offensive Ghost/Fairy, and Fire/Fairy.
>>
>>29516167
Wasn't too surprised by Fini bu Bulu threw me for a loop
>>
>>29516258
I didn't know that about the island names, cool. I should have connected the dots about the terrain abilities, though.
>>
>>29516167
I'm most disappointed by Fini because, even though water makes sense, I was really hoping for another ghost/fairy type. Now we just have yet another water/fairy type, not to mention another water type in general to add to the already bloated amount of water types
>>
>>29516167
I didn't give a shit about Bulu, but I kind of wanted Fini to be Ghost/Fairy
>>
I did not feel surprised, but I was not expecting it.
>>
>>29516167
Surprised and annoyed since they're the 3rd of their type combo instead of being the 1st Fire/Fairy and 2nd Ghost/Fairy.

Bulu's lore satisfies me, but Fini could have easily still been Ghost with its current lore.
>>
What i'm most upset about is that Tapu Fini doesn't get Water Terrain, whatever that is. the other ones get a terrain that boost one of its types, so that just doesn't seem fair
>>
>>29516916
Misty Terrain still boosts its Fairy STAB you retard.
>>
>>29516916
that's rain
>>
>>29516916
>its hidden ability is drizzle
>>
File: 1428477493146.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1428477493146.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>29516167
> Tapu Bulu
> Not Fairy/Fire or Fairy/Fighting
I get Tapu Fini's typing. Don't like it (we already have plenty Fairy/Waters) but it makes sense. Tapu Bulu is just disappointing as hell.
>>
>>29516939
It actually doesn't. Check bulbapedo
>>
>>29516975
>(we already have plenty Fairy/Waters)
we have a grand total of one you stupid retarded idiot
>>
>>29517019
Primarina too.
>>
>>29517019
>Azumarill line
>Primarina
>Tapu Fini
>>
I was surprised at Tapu Bulo being Grass and not Fire. Wasn't surpised with the purple one being water though. I mean it's a fucking fish/clam/mermaid hybrid, it's not that surprising
>>
Sun works with Grass and Fire types alike.

And then I can't link Fini with Senzucorio.
>>
>>29516167
I knew they'd have to match the terrains their abilities have.
>>
>>29516167
How the fuck is Tapo Bulu Grass?
>>
>>29517019
See >>29517089
Seems like you're the stupid retard idiot, anon
>>
>>29517508
Its horns are carved wood
>>
>>29516258
>the Tapu typings had to be made with their terrain summoning abilities in mind.
But I thought the demo datamine revealed a fire terrain? There was text saying something to the effect of "flames surround the field".

I was sort of disappointed that Tapu Bulu wasn't part-fire, but then I realised Grassy Surge will do wonders for Grass teams.
>>
>>29518715
>But I thought the demo datamine revealed a fire terrain?
Sorry, but datamine only revealed a Psychic Terrain and nothing else.
>>
File: RedArcheryGirl-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (69KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
RedArcheryGirl-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
69KB, 544x544px
>>29516482
>It's literally red archery girl

>thinking it's anything but water/fairy
>>
>>29517330
Ghost/Fairy would still match Misty Terrain.
>>
>>29516167
This pissed me off. GF always ruining everything.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.