[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 43

File: CvJU5DoUEAAtVWG.jpg (19KB, 480x329px) Image search: [Google]
CvJU5DoUEAAtVWG.jpg
19KB, 480x329px
Tell me your unpopular opinions, /vp/.
I have no problems with this gen of Pokemon.
>>
faggots are a violation of nature
>>
Monotype gyms should have ended in gen 2.
Diamond and Pearl had some of the best gym teams and they ruined them in Platinum.
>>
>>29515306
Kanto and gen 1 are legitimately good games and the newer games need to be more like it. Rewording exploration
>>
>>29515306
That's not an unpopular opinion
This is though:
I enjoy the shitposting and hate threads because OP will often go and defend himself like a Trump supporter defends Trump
>>
File: 1468779611142.jpg (2MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468779611142.jpg
2MB, 2000x1600px
>>29515306
I really dislike most legendaries.

Eevee and tbe eeveelutions are tbe most overrated pokemon ever made.

Golurk is the greated pokemon design in the series.

Explorers of the sky is the best pomemon game, that includes main series.
>>
Heracross is shit and has no redeeming values. It's Mega confirmed this fact for me even more.
>>
>>29515306
Is this the film with the gay skeleton?
>>
>>29515373
No one actually supports Trump, anon. They're just voting againat Hillary.
>>
File: (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 250x419px
Chicken-chan is the worst female protag yet by a considerable margin
>>
>>29515375
>Eevee and tbe eeveelutions are tbe most overrated pokemon ever made.

this.
>>
>>29515417
What is /pol/ then?
>>
Torterra is the worst starter of all time.
>>
>>29515306
I hate Gen V's desert because you could have put a better swampland forest there instead. I also think 90% of the Unovadex is 10/10 in design.
>>
The muskedeers are much better designed than the overdesigned atrocities that are the legendary beasts
>>
Gen 6>Gen 5
>>
>>29515436
>Falling for the CTR and Jews
Poor poor anon
>>
File: hitler youth.jpg (10KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
hitler youth.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
>>29515396
I 100% agree but have never stated such outside of one conversation with a friend who disagreed. I simply don't consider Heracross to be important or unique enough to devote any amount of hate to, beyond the fact I think its garbage.
My disdain for the shitter is not special enough to spread around under most circumstances.
The only exception is Heracles from ORAS Toughness contests. Fuck that nigger.
>>
>>29515409
Yes.
>>
File: Celechap.png (71KB, 207x204px) Image search: [Google]
Celechap.png
71KB, 207x204px
I'm actually a big fan of Zinnia as a character, and I hat it whenever she has threads on this board because everyone seems to hate her.

Don't get me wrong, I can UNDERSTAND why people dislike her, it just makes me sad that nearly all of her threads on this board end up as a flame war and hate thread.

Although, surprisingly,I'm fine with her not being in Generations. Was hyped for episode nine, but Gabby and Ty were a pretty cool idea for an episode. More interesting then just relaying the Delta Episode
>>
Fuck all legendary pokemon. I only want to fight the ones you took the time to breed yourself
>>
B2W2 had a lot of content I hear, but I dropped the game because the story was pretty dull and the roadblocks were pretty annoying. I prefer in-game content and don't mind much about the post-game other than local/online battling.
>>
If the only criticism someone can word out about a Pokemon design is ugly or something like that and nothing in detail or they use that buzzword enough times I immediately disregard their opinion.

Mimikyu is overrated but okay however I actually don't really like Wimpod's evo despite appreciating delivering on the badass Wimpod evo idea and find it even more overrated.
>>
If ORAS is the last game to introduce new megas, I want nothing to do with a D/P remake.
>>
File: regiwalk.png (749KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
regiwalk.png
749KB, 1280x856px
I'm not particularly drawn to Pokemon based on mammals.

I have no qualms using legendaries If i think they are cool enough. ( this doesn't seem to be an unpopular opinion as a whole, but on /vp/ it seems frowned upon a lot of the time )
>>
>>29515436
Not a representative of the majority of Trump voters.
>using any part of 4chan as a sample size

Are you retarded?
>>
>>29515601
I... hadn't thought about that. D/P/Pt are my favorite games and I really want a remake (mainly for the graphics upgrade). But you have a good point. They'd need to release new Z-moves (which I probably wouldn't use anyways) and/or completely new mechanics to offer a unique game.
>>
>>29515306
Why did you remind me of this shitty movie?
>>
I did not like how Black and White put all of it's eggs in one basket, having the elite four, box legendary encounter and fighting all unique admins happen all at once. I think spacing out content results in a more satisfying overall experience.
>>
>>29515766
it halloween soon
>>
>>29515772
that doesnt seem like much of an unpopular opinion. that just sounds like bad game design on gamefreaks part. bad pacing is something thats reasonable to get upset at
>>
>>29515689
I'm pretty sure /pol/ is a perfect microcosm of Trumpians, if Twitter and my dad's FaceBook feed is anything to go off of
>>
I didn't think Beetlejuice was a very good movie.
>>
>>29515772
Hey /b/, I have a very serious problem. I’m fucking crying because of how stupid I am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured “cool, I’ll just play Pokemon while I wait”.

So I’m playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she’s crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy shit. (For those of you who don’t know/care, shiny Pokemon have less than a 1/1,000 chance of appearing; 1/8192 to be exact.). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling “holy shit, YES”, interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell “You don’t even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!” I’m still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny Pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny Pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn’t know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out “FUCK YOU”, and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I’ve fucked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don’t want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. Help me, /b/.
>>
>>29515371
>Rewording
opinion discarded
>>
>>29515306
Hitler was right
>>
File: 1477677063016.png (192KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1477677063016.png
192KB, 520x390px
>>29515554
I was posting lengthy writings earlier about how shitty the Delta Episode is. I actually reached an epiphany, and realized that Zinnia is a startlingly well-written character within the Pokemon universe, but for all the wrong reasons.
Every Dragon-type Trainer except the Hoenn E4 sailorman and maybe (MAYBE) Lance are all obnoxious, despicable cunts. Zinnia fits within this realm perfectly as a young heir to the lorekeeping of an entire tribe of cave-dwelling neanderthals who have failed to integrate into normal human society and are so anti-social that they aren't even acknowledged historically. She is actually perfectly acceptable within the Pokemon universe, and perhaps even common or "normal" for a Dragon Tamer. While I do not believe she is intentionally well-written or even like her, her entire existence makes absolute sense and I can personally excuse it.

I also believe she is better in OR over AS, simply because your rival mentions a "girl" climbing through their window and fucking them up. While it is obviously Zinnia after the fact, one might believe it is Courtney as she is hassling Wally in Petalburg for his keystone. Aqua Admin Matt is obviously not a girl, and if he assaulted your rival they wouldn't be griping about it to mommy.
Zinnia is also written in such a way that, while obnoxious, she is not totally hateable without some form of a replay and prior knowledge.
>>
>>29515840
You should've replaced /b/ with /vp/

In fact go do that now and make a thread for it. You'll catch some newfams
>>
>>29515306
despite my first game being Pokemon Red, I find gen one to be the worst of the games.
>>
>>29515306

Dollars are dumb. It should be purple not green. Seriously.
>>
>>29515955
Nah, the /b/ makes it meta-bait, so people will respond to that too on top of everything else.
>>
File: togedemaru.png (112KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
togedemaru.png
112KB, 400x240px
Two bombs weren't enough.
>>
>>29515306
I hate Tsareena and love the sandcastle mons
>>
>>29515959
Same here, and I agree entirely. They are simply unpolished and lacking in content. They are important games and serve as proof of concept, but when it comes to actually playing them I choose the GBA versions every time.
>>
>>29515306
gen 5 are my least favorite games ):
>>
>>29516048
That's actually a common opinion, /vp/ just has a loud minority of gen5 fans.
>>
>>29515306
>I prefer Venasaur over Charizard (but not over Blastoise).

>Gen 5's Pokémon choices bore me. Would have to play again to see if that opinion's changed.

>I'm against a console Pokémon game, even though I love Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

>Treecko, Tailow, and a majority of Gen 3 sucks. Actually, Hoenn in general sucks. Still better than Kalos.

>I want a new Pokémon Ranger game.

>Pokémon Go is boring.
>>
>>29515808
Most Tim Burton movies aren't, but the visuals are make up for the experience.
>>
>>29516010
Finally someone who fucking understands!
>>
>>29516010
Same unless I feel like playing Yellow in order to see the Pikachu emotions
>>
Gamefreak should have just continued with Megas rather than switching to Z moves.
>>
>>29516097
>>Pokémon Go is boring.
That can't be that unpopular to think. It feels like most of the excitement from it has died with people I know
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>29515959
>>29516010
>>29516127
Would I be right in assume you fellas are redpilled?
>>
>>29516281
I think I'm going to need a cyanide pill after that
>>
>>29515371
This tbqh

I still consider gen I the gold standard of Pokemon and everything else is in its shadow.
>>
Despite playing since generation 1, 5 is my favorite, closely followed by 4, with 2 being my least favorite
>>
I like various pokemon from every generation, though I prefer the designs of the first two as they still had that simple and almost cartoonish look to them like most 80s or 90s anime/manga characters had.
>>
>>29516281
That was horrible even by your standards Carlos.
>>
File: stufful.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stufful.png
119KB, 500x500px
Stufful, Bewear, and Turtonator have the best designs of Gen VII
>>
Gen 4 is objectively the best generation of pokemon games.
>>
I prefer easier games, but XY and ORAS are still poor.
>>
Fuck Feraligatr
>>
I unironically like Alain
>>
While I love Gen 5 as a whole, I absolutely hate the "enormous cities, super modern region" trend that it started. The routes in between towns and caves always felt very boxed in and short. I felt like I was walking around in someone's backyard rather than traveling the world. Speaking of traveling by foot, why are we walking? Kalos/Unova have cars and other modern technologies. Why aren't there roads between towns? Gen 1-4 had cities, but they always felt very small. The amount of advanced technology these regions had was questionable. Most of the towns felt very rural too. Walking makes sense.

I think Greninja is extremely ugly but Chesnaught > Greninja > Delphox

All of the Gen 5 starter's final evolutions are ugly too and Game Freak is well aware of that given none of Ash's starters fully evolved. The marketing department knows they're not marketable in the slightest. No one wants to buy merch of these guys. Same thing happened in Gen 4 with Piplup. It didn't evolve because its evolutions are ugly. Seriously, someone even said that in an interview. The same one with the "ash gets a new female partner because boys need eye candy" line
>>
I think Niantic has no plans to reimplement a tracker. They removed the original one because they were afraid of legal problems and don't want to risk getting in trouble because of people trespassing/getting injured. They have the tracker working for San Francisco but they only did that so people don't *literally* show up at their office screaming at them. They can also claim they're rolling the tracker out the rest of the world even if they technically aren't. People can't get angry if they know the tracker is coming back, right? Right?
>>
File: 1477675793622.png (414KB, 719x626px) Image search: [Google]
1477675793622.png
414KB, 719x626px
Oh boy, lets see here...
>OR/AS are my favorite games
>HG/SS were good, but not that great
>I don't like the Sinnoh starters at all
>Unova's starters are my 3rd favorite, next to Alola and Kalos
>I like Ash-Greninja being in the games
>I care less about the Pokedex of a new game, and care more about the gameplay/story
>I like, or at least appreciate all objectmons (Vanilish, Trubbish etc.)
>I don't care about Battle Frontier at all
>I honestly don't hate any Pokemon generation except gen 1
>>
File: the guy.png (99KB, 226x198px) Image search: [Google]
the guy.png
99KB, 226x198px
i havent even touched a pokemon game since diamond
>>
Wolfe's team is absolute dogshit and the only reason he won Worlds is his skills
>>
>>29516765
if you're not lying then you are literally everything /vp/ hates
>>
>>29516790
Why is his team dogshit? I'm pretty new to VGC.
>>
>>29515899
>unpopular
>>
>>29515371
But kanto is literally empty and has no facility
>>
Mega evolution and Z moves were completely unnecessary and have damn near ruined the games. The ore and design around some of them is alright but most of them are arse. I'd much prefer getting legitimate evolutions to things like Mawile

Sylveon looks like a faggot

Kalos was actually pretty good

The order of the best to worst villianous teams goes

Plasma -> Galactic -> Magma -> Rocket -> Aqua -> Flare

Like seriously Archie, you're gonna get rid of the magma in the volcano so you can make a small lake? Useless

People who use legendaries in battles are fucking casuals

Pokemon Ranger is easily the best franchise, even better than all games except B/W/B2/W2
>>
>>29515371
I like how Kanto has a lot of optional areas that you're allowed to explore on your own. No one tells you about the Power Plant, you're just supposed to discover it yourself by noticing there's something out of reach the first time you get to Rock Tunnel. When you're finished with Fuchsia City, your first instinct is to Surf south to keep progressing since you already visited the other surrounding routes. Maybe you'll check your town map and notice the next town to visit is Cinnabar Island but you might realize the path from Pallet to Cinnabar is shorter than the one you're currently taking.

Gen I gets shit on a lot but this is one thing I think it did very well. The independence is very refreshing.
>>
HG/SS is overrated as fuck. It's good because the original games were pretty good. As a remake it's not that great. They spent way too much time adding gimmicks and side content and not enough time addressing the glaring issues the original Gold/Silver had.

Gen 5 is a really good gen overall. Yeah, Black/White were pretty rough around the edges, but BW2 more than redeemed it and is in my opinion the best entry in the series to date, with Platinum being about equal.

Sinnoh is the best region in the series. A good amount of varied landscapes, some interesting optional areas, great music, etc. Can't wait to go back someday.
>>
>>29517022
>Mega evolution and Z moves were completely unnecessary and have damn near ruined the games. The ore and design around some of them is alright but most of them are arse. I'd much prefer getting legitimate evolutions to things like Mawile

agree about mega evolutions but not about z moves. Mega evolution ruined a lot of Pokemon imo since it basically means that those pokemon will never get an evolution in a later game. This isn't a big deal for 3 stage Pokemon but it's aggravating for ones like Arceus, Mawile, Banette.

I disagree about Z moves ruining the games that much. I think most people who enjoyed Pokemon as young kids have had the "my pokemon is about to faint and I'll lose this battle. I wish it could use up all its energy one last time and win like in the anime." Z moves are basically that imo. I don't think they'll break the metagame too much. They'll probably be overpowered as shit ingame but not nearly as broken as mega evolution
>>
File: why.png (210KB, 438x389px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
210KB, 438x389px
I hate that in ORAS they make a big deal out of everything in RS that was explained with a few lines of text. In RS you walk up to some guy and he tells you a little bit about Secret Bases, gives you the TM, and walks away. You feel compelled to try it out so you do. In ORAS you have to sit through that agonizingly long cutscene with the Flygon guy and his tutorial. The same thing happens with Lisia and the Pokemon Contests. Her character is not interesting in the slightest.

also fun fact. there's a cutscene with Lisia and Chaz where his Machoke brings "lunch" for himself and Lisia. Instead of making a model of Machoke holding a lunchbox or something that actually looks like food, they just use the model of Machoke holding a cardboard moving box from the beginning of the game. How fucking lazy
>>
anime characters are fictional and cannot be dated
>>
>>29517331
delet this
>>
>>29515306
What movie is that again?
>>
>>29517195
i really meant that Megas almost ruined the games, but Z moves are just stupid and unnecessary
>>
Scary Godmother was a good movie
>>
>>29517385
>He doesn't know about the masterpiece that is Scary Godmother
>>
File: IMG_2789.jpg (75KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2789.jpg
75KB, 495x600px
>I like all the starters in Gen 3
>I like HGSS and ORAS
>I hated Gen 4 with a passion and I dropped Pokémon then
>I'm liking the current gen
>I liked B/W story
>I think the PokeSpe Manga is kinda overrated
>I loved Litten and was ecstatic for Incineroar
>I think Gen 1 aged like ass despite being my first games
>Gen 5 has the best girls in the series
>>
>>29516765
>>I care less about the Pokedex of a new game, and care more about the gameplay/story

This has been my position ever since the Ultra Beasts plot.
>>
>>29517331
You can't post facts here, anon. Stop that.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1024x939px
This was the best generation for Pokemon designs.
>>
>>29517515
It is.
>>
File: scary godmother.jpg (42KB, 318x413px) Image search: [Google]
scary godmother.jpg
42KB, 318x413px
>>29517532
Oh, that's right! I used to have a crush on the Scary Godmother herself when I was little!

I guess had a thing for leggings even back then, now that I'm thinking about it.
>>
Johto is the best region
BW & BW2 had great Pokemon but an utter trash story
Kalos is a beautiful region
>>
>>29517809
This art looks a lot nicer than the ugly CG.
>>
>>29517581
Kill la Kill is absolute trash.
>>
>>29517532
Flashback?
>>
Gen 6 had awful starters and in general the Pokemon designs of the reason feel so bland and soulless. Obviously there are great designs like Noivern and Aegislash but overall the character design philosophy feels really artificial.

Gen 7 is the opposite. So many of the Pokemon feel unique and fresh, even the starters, which I consider to be the best trio in a long time.

And I really wish people would stop pretending Chesnaught is decent looking.
>>
File: 1477183165816.jpg (23KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1477183165816.jpg
23KB, 184x184px
Gen 5 and Gen 3 are my favorite gens by far. Gen 1 and 4 I despise.
>>
>>29518218
>And I really wish people would stop pretending Chesnaught is decent looking.

People disagreeing=/=pretending. Get off your high horse. You sound fucking insufferable.
>>
>>29518234
I'm sorry, you're actually right. I just really fucking hate Chesnaught.
>>
File: 1477689346401.jpg (314KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477689346401.jpg
314KB, 1050x900px
My least favorite starter is Serperior. By that, I mean there's at least one thing I like about every other one, but Serperior is simply neutral.

Nothing pisses me off more than people calling intimidating mons """""edgy""""". It's like every one of them needed to look like a Wooper.

Gen VII is by far the weakest one when it comes to designs, but starters are some of the best in the series.
>>
File: 1471037065493-vp.png (257KB, 800x772px) Image search: [Google]
1471037065493-vp.png
257KB, 800x772px
I hate the Gen 5 sprites with a passion, both overworld and battles. They're just a blocky and soulless mess and whatever immersion potential the games had is ruined completely by those. And those battle sprites, man. Makes Atati 2600 look good. The transition to 3D may come flawed but was one of the best things ever brought to the table.
XY may not feel like a complete game and there's no arguing that, but Kalos is the coziest region of all, though Alola is shaping up to outdo Kalos in that regard.
>>
>>29515342
Why did you post a fact in an opinions thread?
>>
>>29518128
The door is ajar.
>>
Catching them all is a waste of time
>>
Despite starting with Gen 1 in the 90s, Gen 5 is my favourite. I loved the locations, most of the Pokemon, the story, and how different it felt compared to previous games.

I really like all of Unova's starter evolutions, with Samurott being my favourite fully evolved starter and one of my favourite Pokemon period. I also like Emboar more than Blaziken and Infernape, and rarely pick Fire overall. But that's changing as Incineroar is great.

Chesnaught is one of my favourite Grass starters alongside (Mega) Sceptile. Lots of people hate this guy, but he's my favourite in Kalos.

I don't care that much for HGSS. The grinding problem is still there, and the lack of focus on Johto's Pokemon is still a glaring flaw. I also don't like what they did with the Kimono Girls, I felt they were more obnoxious than in the original games.

The Gen 1 pandering is by far my least favourite thing about the series lately.
>>
>>29515375
PREACH

Hopefully you'll laugh with me when new eeveelutions come out so everytime they use their old merch and art they will have to deal with somebody pointing that it's "outdated". It is a deliciously cruel fate
>>
>>29515396
never liked it. Aside from it's bad typing and shit stats its face look awful.
>>
>>29516084
You sure about that? I've seen more people on here shitting on Gen V then I've seen praising it.
>>
>>29515306
I don't think people should go back to /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 382x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 382x330px
>>29515989
Fixed
>>
I love all gens of Pokemon, each for their own reasons (with perhaps the exception of Gen 6..)
I don't care about Wimpod2
>>29515554
This
>>
I don't like the 3D models and wish they could go back to Gen V's animated sprites
>>
Fucjijg hate how there must always be a shine effect when a shiny mon enters battle. It just makes battles longer. Shiny effect should only be for wild pokemon.
>>
>>29518830
?
>>
>>29516726
> I absolutely hate the "enormous cities, super modern region" trend that it started
Unova is the only region like this. Kalos is one of the most rural regions in the games, as Lumiose is the only remotely urban place in Kalos. Kanto is the second most urban region and it's Gen 1.

Also, there are roads between 90% of Unova's towns.
>>
Gen 5's overworld looks better than both Gen 6 games. It and HGSS has the best looking overworld.

>>29517298
I agree with this. Though that started in HGSS, with Whitney following you to the Pokeathelon Dome, and the Radio Tower. There was no tutorial cutscene for the Bug Catching Contest or Voltorb FLip though

>>29518218
I agree with your first part. Gen 6 feels really bland. I like it but cant think of a favourite pokemon because its so "standard"
>>
File: 1474779006469.jpg (31KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474779006469.jpg
31KB, 480x600px
>>29515455
Are you fucking kidding
>>
File: Lucas.png.jpg.gif (44KB, 491x614px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.png.jpg.gif
44KB, 491x614px
>>29515306
I like Lucas. I think he is cute. No homo.
>>
File: 1477267207773.jpg (129KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477267207773.jpg
129KB, 533x533px
>>29523883
Don't open this it's one of the "mother will die in her sleep" shit
>>
>>29523924
Isn't this the unpopular opinions thread?
>>
Following Pokemon in HGSS was a mistake. While I don't ever want to see it return, if it does, I hope it's optional.

Megas were a great concept but giving them to pokemon who didnt need them in terms of power or ability.

Gen 2 and 4's cross gen evolutions are fine. There are a few disappointing ones like Dusknoir but the majority of them were good and looked good.

Gen 3 almost made me walk away from Pokemon. Gen IV brought me back. That said, I fully admit the battles are too slow and that needs to be addressed in regards to potential remakes.

While I find Vaporeon useful in some competitive situations, the eeveelutions are uninteresting.

Gen V did great with bugs and ghosts. However, I see the games as a cheap attempt to recreate gen I magic with clear rip offs of the Kanto dex.

The only legendary pokemon I like is Articuno. The rest are unremarkable and forced.

I am open to trials and trial captains but the traditional gym system, battling a mono type specialist, is one of my favorite parts of the games.

I'm not bothered by smaller pokedexes like kalos and alola introduced. However, I hate the amount of legendary and mythical pokemon introduced.

The idea of a game with all regions/mmo is stupid. I want to explore, yes, but the ideas of the retard 12 year olds who push all region MMO have no place in a pokemon game.

I want another stadium game.

Smogon and VGC are equally flawed and the fanbases are equally cancerous.

I couldn't care less about the anime. If they wanna do soft reboots each gen, i dont give a fuck.

I dont see the appeal of N. Terribly forced. The talking to pokemon thing is absolutely autistic. Why is he popular? Vanilla plasma was a joke. Neo PLasma was good though.

>>29524037
thanks, pal.
>>
>>29523883
rollin
>>
>>29517636
Perhaps, but the dragons and genies ruin it. They are such awful designs
>>
>>29515306
My favorite games are BW/2 and XD
>>
File: 1475260067154.png (42KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1475260067154.png
42KB, 284x339px
I usually like the starters' first stage more than its last. so I usually don't evolve them fully and people call me "Ash" because of it
>>
>>29524158
generally good opinions, though i dont get the issue with walking pokemon
>>
>>29523883
ok
>>
>>29525079
>though i dont get the issue with walking pokemon
For me it fell flat.
The player was one of very few NPC to keep a pokemon outside a pokeball. I don't know. It looked silly. Especially if your lead was something enormous. I think my biggest issue is that I feel like it was a cheap attempt to make the player more like Ash.

I felt too special snowflake.
Maybe not the best term but it felt forced, unnecessary, and offered no real value. But hey, to each their own. I can see the appeal to those who enjoy the feature. Just not for me.
>>
>>29523883
Trips and your mother gets a hangnail
>>
I hate gen5 for only one reason : the graphics. They are fucking disgusting, it burns my eyes. The pseudo 3D shit looks awfully awful, everything is fucking ugly in these games and I had a hard time finishing White.
That's why I prefer gen6.
Not sure this opinion is really unpopular or if it is unpopular among the vocal minority though...
>>
>>29525164
But you literally are a special snowflake, there's no hiding it. The NPCs are already so different from the player there's no reason to get rid of the awesome walking feature. There were plenty of people with pokemon outside there balls and even a couple walked in circles, so I don't get what's so special about it
>>
>>29525164
What if you give some Pokemon behind some NPC?
>>
>>29525257
like it then, i dont care.
I dislike it.

Unpopular opinion thread? Yeah, I stated one. Chill the fuck out.

>>29525299
Like I said, you want it to be implemented again, fine. But dont force me to use it. I would want it to be optional.

It seems like a waste of a feature when there are plenty of other things that could be implemented or overhauled.
>>
I think Kanto has the best structure, best music, best characters and best overall region design out of all of them (putting hardware limitations aside)

However, I think the Gen 1 Pokemon themselves are some of the worst out of all the generations.
>>
>>29525164
I'd agree if it was another region, but Johto was redesigned to have plenty of trainers with pokemon outside their pokeballs.
>>
>>29525389
How come?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 540x530px
>>29515306
I have never hated a Pokemon game, I have always had fun playing Pokemon from Red to Omega Ruby, sure I value some more than others, like I think Platinum is better than say Black and White or ORAS, but I've never not had fun playing Pokemon. I love Pokemon.
>>
>>29515306
I'm not a big fan of the Sinnoh games, and I think they introduced some of the worst Pokémon that currently exist.
>>
greninja is ugly poopoo mon
>>
>>29515306
I actually enjoyed ORAS.
>>
>>29515840
>/b/
>>
>>29515306
I hated Gen V when I first played it, but learned to love it after some time.

Gen III was shit and made HMs 10x more annoying than they had to be.

The battle sprites in Gen V are better than the current 3D models.

I want chibi sprites back.

I want optional legendaries like Ho-oh/Lugia in Gen II. It was amazing looking around dungeons to find some unknown legendary the end.
>>
>>29517195
But megas suck because they were implemented poorly. I understand that they needed a few popular mons to get megas to market them, the problem is that they didn't fucking stop and gave a bunch of already powerfull mons unnecesary megas. I would rather they try again having learned from their mistakes, instead we get this dumb cutscene shit that absolutely nobody is going to use and doesn't have the potential to fix shit.
>>
>>29515427
100% agree. What were they thinking when making the protagonists young as fuck again?
>>
Im not all that wowed by Alola's 3D
>>
File: Fear_of_a_Krabby_Patty.jpg (45KB, 806x535px) Image search: [Google]
Fear_of_a_Krabby_Patty.jpg
45KB, 806x535px
>>29523883
Well then, what if shes already dead
>>
>>29524158
>dislikes every legendary except articuno
>complains that gen VI has 6 legendaries and gen VII has 3-5
does he mean he hates the amount as in its too much or too little?
>>
File: 1477627626373.png (169KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477627626373.png
169KB, 600x900px
>>29515938
>Every Dragon-type Trainer except the Hoenn E4 sailorman and maybe (MAYBE) Lance are all obnoxious, despicable cunts.
but that's wrong, you fucking retard
>>
>>29515306
Gen V is the best gen and Decidueye being a ghost type is fantastic(and as a bonus triggers /vp/).
>>
File: 1474856856465.png (126KB, 239x227px) Image search: [Google]
1474856856465.png
126KB, 239x227px
oh boy, here we go

Gen V is the best generation by far, best music, best mons, best story, best everything except region, johto is the best region

Gen 3 (RSE) is the worst, i feel like it's too boring, the region doesn't feel unique/memorable enough, the mons aren't that great, and team aqua and magma are shit, i don't get how anyone here can defend those teams, like fucking how.

the only Pokemon I've ever really disliked/thought were bad are lucario,nincada, and alolan persian, every other mon I've either felt neutral to, or I've absolutely loved it

people who use the words "furfag" and "waifumon" to define pokemon are they themselves those faggot, people with an actually fucking mind don't judge a Pokemon by how "sexy" it is, wtf, hating a Pokemon cause it looks feminine? what are you, 5?

i honesty don't understand the hate for these new starters, especially pramirine, or whatever it's fucking name is. they honestly are the most solid starters I've seen since 4, they look really good tbqh.

object mons are fine, i don't care much for them, but i think they're fine, and it really bugs me when /vp/ thinks themselves the authority on what a pokemon looks like, that's for GF to decide my dude, who are you to say "this isn't a pokemon" because it has clothes, or cause it looks mechanical? get over yourself.
>>
The Crash Bandicoot content in the new skylanders looks like fun. I haven't played it, but it looks faithful to classic Crash gameplay.
>>
File: image.png (162KB, 279x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
162KB, 279x407px
>>29529424
Fuck you. Skylanders is still one of the shittiest products on the earth. Worst opinion ITT
>>
>>29523883

Fuck you
>>
I really, REALLY would have rather done away with the evil teams than the gym leaders for sun & moon
Alolan forms are the most deviantart-tier bullshit that has ever been put in the games and despite liking Alolan Sandslash, Marowak & Muk's designs I hate every single one of them on principle
I liked the Ultra Beasts until I found out you could catch them
I like HG/SS and find the level curve is slightly fixed by the rematch system, but thanks to the Johtoddlers on this board I have gone from feeling "eh" on Johto to despising 70% of everything related to it and hope Game Freak continues to ignore them out of spite
>>
The pokemon anime was never good and people are fooling themselves into believing that XY was anything other than "subpar at best"
>>
>>29515375
>Eevee and tbe eeveelutions are tbe most overrated pokemon ever made
>Explorers of the sky is the best pokemon game, that includes main series.
Based anon.
>>
Competitive pokemon is unbalanced garbage and only a manchild would take a kids game seriously enough to waste hours on end min maxing stats.
>>
>>29528824
well, counting mythicals and UBs, Gen 7 has around 10. Add in the other forms fro Zygarde and you have a dozen.

And 6 legendary/mythical pokemon in Kalos is 10% of the dex.

Too many.
>>
File: primarina.jpg (585KB, 979x979px) Image search: [Google]
primarina.jpg
585KB, 979x979px
I think male players who can't handle the idea of using an effeminate starter are way too sensitive and need to get over their feeble masculinity complex.
>>
>>29533635
Agreed. Pokemon is great because every one is somebody's favorite, every design is divisive, opinions are diverse and it keeps things fun. In competitive the choices are so unbalanced those diverse opinions are cast aside for the same handful of mons and it takes away whats fun about the games.
>>
>>29533741
I'm a woman and still don't want to use Primarina on my team. I prefer my Pokemon to look as gender neutral as possible. I haven't used a starter pokemon on my playthrough of a game in years
>>
>>29533930
Its fine if you just don't like it, I'm not into it either. I'm talking specifically about the guys who are too self conscious to play as girls in any games and are for the same reason butthurt over Primarina being one of the three starters. The dudes who keep posting "male variants" and who are hoping she gets two versions for male/female.

It's just a bit silly.
>>
>>29515375
Preach mah niggah. They are some of the most boring pokemon ever made.

>Explorers of the sky is the best pomemon game, that includes main series.
Overrated as shit. Gates had a much better story, Super had much better gameplay.
>>
File: IMG_2070.jpg (72KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
72KB, 800x450px
Every Generation of Pokémon has improved on the previous. Let me explain.

I started in gen 1. Or rather, I eagerly anticipated gen 1. I saw previews for red and blue. I remember, even then, young as I was, that this was going to be something special. Something I would enjoy immensely. I was right, but what I didn't know, because I don't care, is that everyone else would too. Or so they claimed. Pokemania was a most interesting phenomenon. From my perspective, it was the first time that had liked something that later became cool. (Inb4 Hipster. It was the 90's.)

So Gold and Silver go to come out and I am pumped. 250 Pokémon? New region? Fuck yes. But something strange happened. The other "fans" didn't see it that way. They saw weird creatures that were, somehow, weirder than the weird creatures that were "popular". So they were shunned. I learned an important lesson, or perhaps reinforced one, that I must use my own judgement. Some things will stand the test of time, like Pokemon, while others will not, like Pokemania.

Gen 3 came, and Pokémon had not only gone out of the public eye, it had become passé. Again, I don't take popularity into account, but as a case study, it was interesting to see something that had been so acceptable become so derided.

But the series was evolving. Through the generations improvements were made. Types, added and balanced, many more move options, the special divide in gen 3 and the physical special split in gen 4, abilities and hold items adding complexity... more Pokémon doesn't mean the old ones go away. And with them come new type combinations, more ways to play, more strategy. It's easy to forget, and so many cry foul at them only adding ~75 new Pokémon. But for every thread complaining about it, there's one speculating on changes to the meta, what new thing is going to change the game forever? Pokemon is a living, ever-changing world. If that frightens you, stay mad, and keep fighting your stupid genwars.
>>
>>29515342
And you're a disgusting prick
>>
Chesnaught has a great design
>>
>>29524485
I refuse to evolve my pikachu. Lightball makes it viable enough to even use online.
And while i like the animation for its Z-Move its going to be ultimately useless compared to using lightball
>>
>>29515306
Pokéstar Studios was infinitely better than Contests, the Poké-athlon, etc.
>>
>>29515306
Pokémon peaked in gen four
>>
>>29515306
I dont like any of the gen one starters. They're just boring to me.
>>
>>29515455
Not an unpopular opinion actually, unless you're talking about this contrarian shit show of a board
>>
>>29515306
>>
>>29533930
>am grill btw XD

Kill yourself
>>
Unova has some of the worst and best designs in the series. Vanillite's line isn't even bad, either.
>>
The sheer overexposure gen 1 has gotten the past several years has completely shut me off to that gen. It got old long ago.
>>
I want a game based on the anime. Fights are a mix of real and turn based battling. Any Pokemon is viable as long as you put effort into it. Evolving a Pokemon sacrfices agility and nimbleness for power and defense.

It shouldn't replace the main series games but rather be a successful and popular sidegame. I think it would do well.
>>
>>29535027
>An event item that combines Light Ball and gives access to BOTH of Pikachu's Z-moves is released
Would you?
>>
File: B0GI7DuCcAAbxJ_.png (168KB, 599x571px) Image search: [Google]
B0GI7DuCcAAbxJ_.png
168KB, 599x571px
>>29515840
>/b/
>>
>>29515938
You are entitled to your wrong opinions, but Drayden and Drasna are my parentfus.
>>
>>29515306
Gen 4 is my favorite Gen.

I like DP more than HGSS, but I love Platinum most of all.

I love all the Gen 4 cross-gen evos.

I like the Scary Godmother movies.
>>
>>29536162
>gen 4 is my fav

You would like DP more than HGSS.

Do you like two dicks in your ass, or one in your ass and one in your mouth?
>>
>>29534798
I'm a fag and he's right
>>
>>29515306
incineroar has replaced charizard as my favorite starter of all time
>>
I want Guzma to vaginally cripple me.
>>
>>29518247
Looks better than Ageislash
>>
>>29533741
I feel like if it didn't have all that shit going on with it's head I would like it more, the starfish and the pearls kind of kill it for me. I also hoped it would keep eyes closer to Brionne.
>>
>>29515938
The delta episode was good though
>>
4chan's anonymity means everybody is the same, so how can there be any unpopular opinions?
Just tumblr-style hipsters wanting to be praised for thinking well
>>
>>29538142
Get a load of this goy.
>>
>>29538383
>implying he's wrong
>>
Every gen is good.

I don't outright dislike a single Pokemon.

Gen 5 has the highest quantity of my favorite Pokemon in it.
>>
>>29534798
Fucking hang yourself you double nigger
>>
>>29515554
I agree. I didn't hate Zinnia as a character either. I mean, I never pay much attention to video game stories, so I don't know if she actually said anything actually that batshit insane. But as a character alone I felt Zinnia was pretty enjoyable.
>>
I wish the mainline series was on home consoles instead and I hope that the main series moves to the Switch.
>>
>>29515306
i love all gens i really loved how they have such history i love all of them even though i feel gen 5 did everything right to me..
torterra is worst starter.
im not a fag but, the female protags have so much better designs than the male ones.
i hated it when people hate pokemon just beacause is popular or "too feminine"
sinnoh is overrated.
>>
>>29518729
>Fact
Nature is rife with faggotry
>>
I like Incineroar

There are no bad regions

ORAS was good

Explorers is overrated

Smogon sucks
>>
Unpopular opinions? I'll give it a whirl.

Gen 1 was a good start but mechanically the game was absolute trash.

I think remaking old games is nice, but in a lot of cases, utterly unnecessary and just an excuse to appeal to nostalgia.

Trainer customization was good but male trainers got shat on in terms of choices. That needs to chance.

I think the Battle Frontier, or at the least, the idea of facilities which push for alternative styles of play is probably the best sort of post-game one could have.

I love all the legendaries and mythics. I think the designs are rad and the concepts they embody are awesome as well.

I think Fire-Fighting is a perfectly fine starter combo and secretly wanted Incineroar to be that just to see the fandom implode with all it's unyielding rage.

On that note, the Grass Starters always seem to be incredibly underwhelming and awkward to use, while the Fire Starters have consistently (save Emboar) been solid choices.

Explorers of Sky is narratively my favorite Mystery Dungeon game. While Super MD took the best parts of the games and mashed them together, Sky overall felt like the biggest improvement on the formula.

I think Mystery Dungeon is sometimes even better than the mainline series.

I liked the idea of Episode Delta and how it introduced an iconic legendary. There's room for improvement but the concept is a sound one.

Nintendo needs to do more with it's online functionality. They keep doing these half-steps and half-measures like Dream World or the Wi-fi Plaza.
>>
Oh and Nuzlockes are stupid
>>
File: 1297924513283.gif (383KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1297924513283.gif
383KB, 160x120px
>>29539436
Oh thank fuck someone said it. I honestly do NOT understand why they're even a thing. "I want to make a game that's always been rather easy and was never meant to be super difficult into an artificially difficult challenge because boredom."

THEN PLAY SOME OTHER FUCKING GAME
>>
>>29539522
I just have a problem with releasing fainted Pokemon and claiming they're dead. "Oh, it promotes a closer bond with your Pokemon." My ass it does, soon as it faints it's dead to you! Don't pretend to care about your Pokemon if you're just going to throw them out like garbage the instant they disappoint you.
>>
I think B2W2 were worse than their predecessors, mainly because having a new storyline over an old region didn't sit well with me; the world-building on the existing region felt stunted, thanks to the offscreen earthquake that took away old passageways to add new ones, in turn making the region feel unfamiliar and foreign while the game acts as if nothing happened. The change never gets addressed. Playing as a different protagonist with a new order of events than the first games only added to the issue.

Also, the fact that you can't complete the national pokedex despite having all four Gen V games really pissed me off.
>>
>>29523924
Should he have stated a popular opinion instead?
>>
>>29536278
I prefer chubby bellies
>>
>>29515306
I loved Gen 4. I also don't really like Incineroar, though he is growing on me after the official reveal.
>>
>>29526770
Same, no matter the game, I always have fun playing pokemon games, and I always will because of their near infinite replay value in building your team. I have honestly never hated any pokemon game I've played.
>>
Unova Elite Four is my favorite Elite Four
All of them are total qts, especially Shauntal
>>
>>29515938
What I hated most about Zinnia and her dragon-cult was that it was Dragon-themed at all.

>Worships Rayquaza, part Flying, the Sky High pokemon, ability is about affecting the weather
>Gets a mega that increases the wind, nullifying Flying type weaknesses
>is in a trio of Air, Earth, and Sea. Its entire concept is about the sky
>Fought on a huge tower that reaches into the sky
>Signature move taught by cult is Flying type
>Cult lives in cave famous for its abundance of meteor strikes
>Zinnia's signature mon, Salamence, is Flying type
>Salamence's line is about how a pokemon wanted to fly, eventually grew wings and became part Flying
>Mega gives it Aerilate to further emphasise Flying type power

>We're the DRACONIS tribe, DRAGON type specialists who worship the DRAGON Rayquaza. Here's his unique move, DRAGON ASCENT.

Poor Flying type, always the bridesmaid.
>>
File: wupes.gif (974KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
wupes.gif
974KB, 467x350px
>>29517091
Unova had a lot of optional areas and caves, its just that /vp/ blasted through the main story so they could get to the online battles.

A lot of /vp/ hark on how they'd love for the games to have places to explore, but then never mention places like Giant Chasm, Challenger's Cave or how the seasons opened new areas in certain routes and towns.
>>
>>29515306
5th Gen best Gen
>>
>>29515306
I've never fought competitively.
I don't even particularly like battling.
>>
>Fuck mega evolution
>Fuck remakes
>Fuck the graphics post-5th gen
>>
Gen 3 is by far the worst generation.
>>
>>29527520
Why do you care that powerful mons got megas? Your shitmons weren't going to be able to face them even if they didn't.

Also for the thread's topic, HGSS are super fucking boring. For all the shit people give to DPP, BWBW2, XYORAS i never felt bored playing through them. I couldn't even reach 60 hours in HG despite my minimum being 300. Would never replay.
>>
Kalos is the comfiest region

Ending to the delta episode is one of the top few hypest moments in pokemon
>>
>>29543888
2/3 of yours are more popular than unpopular
>>
Really Unpopular opinion here:

I like smaller pokedexes of 210- 260 rather than big pokedexes like Kalos,since new pokemon have more spoilight and the pokedex seems unique.
>>
>>29544316
That isn't unpopular trough.
>>
Pokemon sucks. Is that unpopular?
>>
Although there were a few disappointments, Gen 6 is my favorite.
I kind of wished that they didn't heavily focus on designing Megas, when there could've been a lot of region-based mons like:
>Notre Dame Gargoyle pokemon line
>A Tarasque based pokemon line
>Matagot Pokemon
>Cheval Gauvin based pokemon line
>Beast of GĂ©vaudan based pokemon line

Seriously, they based the region on a country thats heavy in Fairy Tale/Mythology lore, that its kind of a shame we only got 70+ mons from it.
>>
I actually enjoy Francinefag's presence.
>>
File: 1476835252419.jpg (22KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
1476835252419.jpg
22KB, 342x192px
>>29543665
That's.... actually kinda messed-up, now you made me think about it.
>>
/vp/ is actively damaging most people that browse it regularly.
>>
ORAS is my favorite pokemon game and no this isn't bait. Gen 5 is my favorite overall.
>>
I like the washed out colors of the Pokemon in gen 6 and 7.
I think it looks nice aesthetically.
>>
I still like Charizard.
>>
>>29515306
I think getting rid of turn-based battles would be a great thing for the series.
>>
>>29544625
It shouldn't be.
>>
>>29544852
Alomomola
>>
>>29543665
Yeah. I feel like GF forgot about Rayquaza's original concept when they made ORAS.
>>
>>29515306
I like nearly every Pokemon ever designed, and I like ever Pokemon/UB this gen except Salandit2
>>
>>29515375
I agree about Eevee. I've never used on in my team.
>>
File: Alone on a Friday night.jpg (309KB, 920x844px) Image search: [Google]
Alone on a Friday night.jpg
309KB, 920x844px
>>29515306
/vp/ is a horrible place. For every good poster, there's fifteen bad anons to follow.

/vp/ hates Gen VII without reason, and nitpicks.
>>
>>29545333
But they clearly didn't with it's ability

That's the mind boggling part
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.