[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the strongest trainer and why is it the oras trainer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Who is the strongest trainer and why is it the oras trainer
>>
Because he canonically catches mega fug and deoxys
>>
>>29514222
he has a name you know
>>
>>29514222
because Hoenn = best region

*blows into trumpet*
>>
>>29514222
Its between Ethan/Lyra, Brendan/May for strongest, with Hilbert/Hilda and Nate/Rosa battling for third and fourth
>>
>>29514222
Because fug is fugging broken
>>
>>29514316
this
>>
>>29514331
It should be between Hilbert/Hilda and Brendan/May because storywise they are the only ones to canonically catch legendary Pokémon
Zekrom/Reshiram for H/H and Mega-Fug (and maybe Deoxys) for B/M
>>
File: 43431241234.png (294KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
43431241234.png
294KB, 600x450px
Fug is a bitch, Hilbert is the strongest
>>
Nate because he beat everyone notable at pwt or Lucas because he caught literal gods.
>>
>>29514449
technically it's mega-fug, lati@s and deoxys.
there's no challenge, it's brendan/may.
>>
>>29514222
How do you even know that Ethan beat Red? He's never mentioned ever again in any other game. For all intent and purposes he might've just retire and didn't manage to find Red, or not even make it to beat E4 in Johto
>>
Nate or Sun

>>29514449
Calem/Serena HAS to catch Xerneas/Yveltal, Hilbert/Hilda don't have to catch Reshirma/Zekrom
>>
File: 1475206658847.jpg (370KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1475206658847.jpg
370KB, 500x586px
>>29514222
Brendan
Hilbert/Red
Calem
Nate
Lucas
Ethan

Going by achievements alone, this is the correct order.
>>
>>29514542
anon read the spoiler
>>
>>29514576
>Hilbert/Hilda don't have to catch Reshirma/Zekrom
>Because there is a failsafe in case the player somehow manages to fill up the entire PC and is unable to catch the respective legendaries means it isn't canon they got the version legendary.

Fucking please.
>>
>>29514588
how is red > ethan based on "achievements"

ethan did everything red did except better
>>
>>29515145
Yet XY had a failsafe to make sure that no matter what you have to catch it. Checkmate.
>>
>>29514576
>you can't catch other version mascot in sequels
>pc of first game doesn't show up in sequels
Pretty obvious that it's canon.
>>
>>29514449
Didn't Red canonically catch mewtwo? Also the way it almost gives you your box legendary in X/Y makes me assume it's a "canon catch" though it's not really as clear. Either way I'd still put my money on Brendan if we're only applying the mechanics of the games to measure them
>>
>>29515260
>Fight a weaker version of E4
>Fight the "remnants" of Team Rocket, with the help of the Champion
>Battle Red, in which he might've won or lost

Am I missing something here? Just the fact that Red managed to complete his journey all on his own, without any help, should be enough to get him higher than most protagonists.
>>
>>29515294
Of course the newest iteration of games will have the best failsafe yet. It didn't occur to them back then that there are players autistic enough to fill up their entire PC and that the only sure fire way to make them catch the legendary was reserving a box entirely to that situation.

Also
>BW2
>N has one legendary, while the other is gone.
>Sure enough, the protagonist of the previous game is also gone.
>>
>>29515357
>Just the fact that Red managed to complete his journey all on his own.

Red only took down a criminal organization. He didn't stop legendaries from fucking up the place. I would rank him higher than Ethan, but not by much compared to other protagonists.
>>
>>29515640
I would argue Team Rocket was the most dangerous criminal organization. They were basically the mafia of the Pokemon World. Taking them all down, all alone, as a 11 year old is something. He might not have saved the world, but the difficulty of his achievements was pretty high.
The only one that comes close is Neo Team Plasma, freezing cities and all. I would rank Nate higher for battling them, but he had a lot of the Gym Leaders, the former Team Plasma, N and Hugh helping him.
>>
>>29515809
>I would argue Team Rocket was the most dangerous criminal organization.

Flare had access to a nuke and Galactic was like the equivalent of terrorists (whom actively used explosives) wanting to use an LHC to destroy the world

How is Rocket more dangerous than that?
>>
>>29515884
>Flare had access to a nuke and Galactic was like the equivalent of terrorists (whom actively used explosives) wanting to use an LHC to destroy the world
With the help of the legendaries. And in the end, they didn't manage to do anything with that. I don't remember XY that well, but in Platinum at least, even if the protagonist wasn't there, Giratina would've stopped Cyrus.
Rocket is dangerous as in they are actually criminals. They've robbed, kidnapped and KILLED things. They had the most thought put in their plans and were always looking at the profits, not the "good of the world".
>>
>>29515983
>Giratina would've stopped Cyrus.

By doing so, he distorted the real world enough that it would've destroyed the world. Giratina fucked up majorly right there.
>>
>>29516203
Ah, I forgot about that. My mistake.
But even then, Cynthia was there. She would've taken care of it. Her team was a lot stronger than Lucas or Dawn's.
>>
>>29514449
But what about Ethan/Lira Suicune and Ho-oh/Lugia?
>>
>>29514316
to be fair, the iconic "trumpets" are actually french horns
>>
>>29516424
like anybody can tell when it's all chiptune sounds
>>
>>29514449
Ethan and Lyra canonically catch Ho-oh and can catch Lugia as well since we get the means to do both. And one of the creation trio at least

We meet Arceus, Ho-oh, Celebi and even one of the Lati@s too. Catching isn't as canon though.
>>
>>29514588
The new Rocket being Weaker is all speculation

We see end credits after beating red, you might as well say we may or may not have finished the delta episode

Ethan/Lyra beat 16 gyms, catch a few legendaries and meet several others

Also nothing putting Calem/Serena that high, thier feats aren't much better than Red, but worse because they get help every second

>>29515809
New Team Rocket was all of that, but they also mind controlled powered up Gyarados
>>
>>29517823
Oh yeah, the new Team Rocket was pretty great too. They cut a bunch of slowpoke tails and broadcasted a radio signal, and gave up after getting their asses kicked once.
Also, Red had kicked their asses already on Sevii Islands.
16 Gyms doesn't mean anything. Especially AFTER you've beaten the E4.
Getting the credits for the 2nd time doesn't really mean much, but I'm not even going to get in that debate. Ethan beats Red in a battle. I'll leave it at that.
I agree Calem shouldn't be that high. I don't know why I put there.
>>
>>29517978
They only gave up after Giovanni never returned, thier plan didn't fail. They sold the slowpoke tail and made money, made a Signal to control pokemon, and used it. Having crazy shiny Gyarados is more than original am Rocket had at thier disposal. They also took over Goldenrod City, which is larger than Saffron. Not sure what makes orifinal Rocket much stronger

And I have no idea how beating twice as many gym leaders means nothing. This really seems like getting Red higher than he needs to be downplaying everything done by Ethan
>>
>>29518052
>They only gave up after Giovanni never returned, thier plan didn't fail.
They put all their faith on the fact that Giovanni was listening to their broadcast and will return. If this plan failed, they were doomed.

>Having crazy shiny Gyarados is more than original am Rocket had at thier disposal.
That's the thing though. They FAILED to catch the Gyarados.

>They also took over Goldenrod City,
For a total of 30 minutes.

>which is larger than Saffron.
Is it?

>And I have no idea how beating twice as many gym leaders means nothing.
Because if you can beat the E4 and the Champion, who are strong than the Gym Leader, then you are already strong than the Gym Leader. There's no real point in fighting more of them, other than for fun.

Here's the thing. The new Team Rocket attempted to do a lot of thing, but didn't actually accomplish ANYTHING.
>>
>>29514222
But that's wrong.

The strongest trainer is you
>>
Platinum trainer catches Gods of space, time and antimatter along with god itself.
So i guess he/she is technically the strongest.
>>
>>29518395
The HG/SS trainer can also do that though.
>>
>>29514477
>caught literal gods
this so much. i dont give a shit about your truths and ideals. bending time and space and having rifts to alternate dimensions sounds much nicer.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.