[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poke Trivia thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: dd.png (5KB, 459x149px) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
5KB, 459x149px
Poke Trivia thread
>>
Crab is literally crab.
>>
>>29510582
what did they mean by this
>>
>Slowpoke is literally slowpoke, a term for someone who is slow. It can be also a combination of slow and poke (an abbreviation of Pokémon).
>>
File: 401Kricketot.png (734KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
401Kricketot.png
734KB, 1280x1280px
>>29510582
Actual Trivia:
-Wild Kricketot only appear in Gen IV. In ORAS Kricketune MUST be breeded to get a seen of Kricketot.

-Jigglypuff line is the only line that appears in at least one Pokédex of each region (excluding BW1 obviously). Pikachu, Abra, Machop, Geodude, and Magikarp lines would be there too but they don't appear in BW2 Pokédex (of this group, only Magikarp can be caught in-game though).

-Mega Medicham has the lowest high stat of all the Megas, with both Atk and Spe at 100.

-Kanto and Johto starters share the same stat spread, but spreaded differently, but Typhlosion is Charizard's clone stat-wise.

-Owls aren't birds, they are ghosts.
>>
>>29510582
Greninja may be inspired by a ninja and a frog
>>
>>29510933
Forgot that Zubat line also appears in at least one Pokédex of each region.
>>
Did you know? In some countries, Pokemon is a video game series?
>>
File: 1477687320336.gif (732KB, 180x132px) Image search: [Google]
1477687320336.gif
732KB, 180x132px
Torterra is the second or third best grass starter of all.
>>
>>29510933
>Wild Kricketot only appear in Gen IV
>>What is dream park
>>
Meowth may be a combination of meow (the sound a cat makes) and mouth.
>>
There were more Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 than all of the other generations combined.
>>
"Seel" may be combination of "see" and "eel"
>>
Did you know Pokemon is an abbreviation of Poker Money? This is likely due to the luck-based gameplay and the way fans of the series waste their money buying the games.
>>
>>29511106
There are more Poison-type Pokemon in generation 1 than there are stars in the Universe.
>>
Name origin
Popplio may be a combination of sea lion pup, pop, pōpō (Hawaiian for ball), and ʻīlio-holo-i-ka-uaua (Hawaiian for the Hawaiian monk seal; meaning "dog that runs in rough water").

What the hell Bulbapedos?
>>
Koffing = Coughing
Weezing = Sneezing
>>
>Fire types have the second highest amount of resistances, with 6.
>No electric type can learn swords dance (other than Arceus)
>If a pokemon had all the types, its only weakness would be rock.
>Prior to gen 6, female Azurill had a 1/3 chance of evolvng into male Marill, due to different gender ratios.
>Sunkern has the lowest BST of all pokemon, with 180.
>Arcanine has the highest BST of any pokemon that isn't a legendary, pseudo, mega, or has a negative ability, with 555. Next up are Florges, with 552, and Volcarona, with 550.
>>
>>29510582
>Stantler and the Forretress line are not registered in any other regional dexes than Johto's

>The International Police were in game since Gen 1

>Smeargle's normal and shiny sprite were swapped in Gen 2

>Tangela was the only pure grass type in Gen 1

>Beheeyem's BW box sprite has the colorization of its shiny

>Shedinja can't be fed in Amie

>The speed of N's text is always faster than whatever speed you have the text set at
>>
>>29510966
Magnemite, too, thanks to Platinum's expanded Dex.
>>
>>29511450
>Shedinja can't be fed in Amie
It's not alone, I remember not being able to feed Spewpa, either. I assume most of the cocoon Pokemon are the same way.

Honedge, however, can be fed.
>>
>>29510582
Grass: Ferrothorn is the Grass-type with the least amount of weaknesses, with 2 (Fighting and Fire)
Poison: >>29511106
Fire: Is the type that can do the highest damage of all the existing types. It can do x8 damage to Dry Skin Paras line.
Flying:
Water: Has the highest amount of Pokémon than any other type.
Bug: All Pokémon with this type will never lose it (Drapion being an exception)
Normal: Until Gen VI, it was the only type that was exclusively first type. Most moves are Normal-type, with 190 being of that type.
Electric: ORAS added a Mega of each type except Electric.
Ground: Before Gen V, all starters could learn Earthquake.
Fighting: With Psychic, it was the only type whose moves didn't change category.
Psychic: Once it was the most broken type, with being immune to Ghost, Bug was it only weakness but it had low BP moves, and Dark didn't exist at that time.
Rock: Of all the types, Rock is the only that has more Super Effective than Resistor. Because of this if exists a Pokémon of all typings it will only be weak to Rock
Ice: Ice is the type with the least amount of resistances: ITSELF.
Ghost: No moves of this type has less than 100% accuracy.
Dragon: It was the only type that didn't received a new type in Gen VI.

Steel: Magnemite and Togedemaru lines are the Pojémon with the highest amount of resistances, with 10 as of Gen VII.
Dark: It was the only type whose ALL attacking moves changed category: from Special to Physical

Fairy: Of all the existing types, it has the highest average SpD stat.
>>
>>29511013
Who's first?
>>
>>29511523
>Flying
Flying: Until Gen V, it was a secondary type.

>Dragon: It was the only type that didn't received a new type in Gen VI.
*a move type
>>
>>29510582
The icy parts of Kyurem may be a reference to ice.
>>
File: Faggot.png (17KB, 347x322px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.png
17KB, 347x322px
>>29512262
>>
File: dp.jpg (13KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
13KB, 286x176px
>>29510582
I've only just realized this, but... Not only are Diamond and Pearl in the exact middle generation-wise, but also timeline-wise!
>>29511523
Also, there are no dragon types who evolve by a method other than leveling. Ice also doesn't have the least resistances. Normal doesn't have any!
>>
File: tumblr_oezux7a2lX1uw57pto1_500.jpg (135KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oezux7a2lX1uw57pto1_500.jpg
135KB, 500x714px
Most of the pokemon fanbase on tumblr does not care about gender selection and produces good art from time to time
>>
I'm on my phone.

On Ash's page, do tbey still have the Dewgong picture trivia?
>>
In XY you can crossbreed berries in order to create new berries.
>>
File: mawile.png (966B, 75x44px) Image search: [Google]
mawile.png
966B, 75x44px
Mawile used to have a different footprint.
>>
>>29511530
Sceptile I would say, but I'm not that guy
>>
>>29512494
This is false. One if for her foot, the other is for her hair. You can see this reflected in her sprite.
>>
>>29511318
You know wheezing is an actual thing right?
>>
>>29512531
Her hair does not have feet you silly
>>
>34 post
>no one has posted this yet
https://thanksbulbapedia.tumblr.com/
>>
>>29512584
Then how do you explain the footprint?
>>
>>29512635
It was her old foorprint
>>
out of all 10 physical Rock type moves, only 1 has 100% accuracy. That move is smack down
>>
This is Night Slash's Japanese name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsujigiri
>>
>>29512352
>Also, there are no dragon types who evolve by a method other than leveling

What is Mega Charizard X?
>>
>>29511318

Holy fuck you're stupid.
>>
You can finish the gen 3 Pokedex with only Emerald, LeafGreen, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. FireRed doesn't work, because Slowpoke isn't available in the Gamecube games or Emerald for some reason, while all of FireRed's exclusives are.
>>
>>29511106
There's already more fairy types than ice types
>>
>>29512936
MegaZard X doesn't evolve.
>>
>>29512739
Inversely, every ghost-type attack has 100% accuracy.
>>
"Jirachi was Tomiko Suzuki’s last role. She died of a fatal heart attack a week and a half before the film’s theatrical release. To that day, Suzuki passed away on the day of Tanabata, the Japanese star festival with which Jirachi is commonly associated."
>>
In Gen 2, you can do Jasmine after Pryce and the Radio Tower. In fact, the level curve oddity of Jasmine -> Lake of Rage -> Pryce -> Radio Tower implies that leaving Jasmine as the 7th Gym Leader may be intentional (or was during development).

You can also skip Brawly in Gen 3 and come back way later. I only learnt this recently.
>>
Nothing has ever gained the Bug type via evolution, a mega evo, or an alternate form.

Grass would be in the same boat if not for Rotom and Wormadam, who only gain it by haunting a lawnmower and using a leaf cloak.
>>
"An Ice Rock (Japanese:こおりでおおわれたいわ ice-covered rock) is an ice-covered rock."

Ahahahaha
>>
>>29510582
Did you know?
The Pokémon Sawk and Throh are based on the red oni and blue oni from Japanese folklore.
>>
>>29513109
Really? I know you can go to Slateport before him but I recall Magma/Aqua blocking the bike route
>>
>>29513237
It's a speedrun strat to leave skip Brawly and wreck him way later.

It may be Emerald only or something.
>>
In gen 3, its possible for wally to KO the ralts he is supposed to catch
The odds of this occurring is rarer than base shiny rate, at 1/8574
>>
File: tapu masks.png (369KB, 749x415px) Image search: [Google]
tapu masks.png
369KB, 749x415px
Tapu Koko is Tapu Kokeko in Japanese.
Tapu Bulu is Tapu Bulul in Japanese.
Tapu Lele.
>>
File: Towns.png (3MB, 2084x2772px) Image search: [Google]
Towns.png
3MB, 2084x2772px
>>29510582
Kanto: 10 towns
Johto: 12 towns
Hoenn: 15 towns
Sevii: 7 towns
SInnoh: 17 towns
Unova: 20 towns
Kalos: 16 towns
Alola: I'm speculating 11 towns

Also working on this image. It is very autistic and will take forever to finish, but I feel it would be cool to have visual of them all in one image for comparisons. I'll probably add fancy stuff like names and shit after I get all the screenshots.
>>
>>29511530
Sceptile, obviously.
>>
>>29513293
You're trying to make a comparative list of towns/cities right? I'd recommend choosing your pics more wisely. Slowpoke well =/= Azalea town, and Ecruteak, Olivine, and Eterna could use better images. I want to say you should label the ones with Gyms, but I'm not sure how that'd work. Especially since I just realized Sevii doesn't have Gyms.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 758x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 758x599px
>>29513293
Good job anon, I'd love to see that image being complete, keep at it
>>
>>29513444
I'm using the most dynamic and interesting screenshots I can find. Some places use landmarks in the town rather than the towns themselves.

The real idea is being able to instantly tell what town it is just by the screenshot, and I tend to give preference to more dynamic images when I have them which is where stuff like Ambrette Town Museum or Glitter Lighthouse come in. And why Eterna City needs that, since it is the only one Sinnoh has, due to camera angle changes only starting with HGSS. I feel it'd be unfair.

Though you are right about Azelea Town. That will have to be replaced. Some locations actually have two pics, this is more or less a progress pic rather than the final version.

>>29513540
Thanks, it's a little hard, as the 3DS images are purely based on what I can find online. Though I do have a couple consistent places for everything except Kanto pics. Could use a complete HGSS sav file since I havent beaten mine yet
>>
>>29511523
You need a better bug fact.
>>
>>29513710

You mean a better Ground fact. That one is just plain weak.
>>
>>29511318
>Weezing
>Sneezing
>not Sneasel
>>
>>29511523
>>29513710
not him but a better Bug fact would be that the first Gen that gave every Bug type Bug STAB was 4, with the introduction of Bug Bite, which was given to the last few bugs with no STAB, one of them being Shuckle.
>>
>>29510966
And psyduck
>>
>>29513710
Here's one:
The highest base HP of any Bug type belongs to none other than Yanmega, at a whopping 86
>>
>>29511523
>ORAS added a Mega for each type except electric.
Manectric
>>
>>29513860
oh woah you're right
>>
>>29513860
Oh wait,is Mega Manectric from XY? If yes,disregard my post because I'm a faggot.
>>
>>29513282
>Tapu
Except that's wrong. It's Kapu.
>>
>>29511013
Torterra
>>
>>29513908
Wait no

It's from X and Y
>>
>>29511515
Can vouch for not being able to feed Kakuna
>>
>>29512420
>good art

Funny how you post shit art with those ugly knobbly tumblr noses. Why can't tumblristas draw noses?
Also go back there, cunt.
>>
>>29514251
>muh boogeyman
>>
>>29513237
They're there until you do the museum. That's their trigger.
>>
File: Alert.gif (299KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
Alert.gif
299KB, 493x342px
>>29511318
>Weezing = Sneezing
>>
>Archeops is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 567. It is also the only Pokémon whose base stat total matches its National Pokédex number
>>
File: mysteries of vidya.jpg (828KB, 3081x934px) Image search: [Google]
mysteries of vidya.jpg
828KB, 3081x934px
>>29512551
>>29512957
>>29513762
>>29514513
Spotted the newfags
>>
>>29511318
nice copypasta
>>
>>29511523
>Ice: Ice is the type with the least amount of resistances: ITSELF.
What is Normal?
>>
>>29511523
>Dragon: It was the only type that didn't received a new type in Gen VI.
Dragalge
>>
>>29513293
I wish more towns showed up in the intro like New Bark Town did. That looks great.
>>
>>29511149
Rly mak u thnk
>>
File: Platinum_Dawn.png (1MB, 1271x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Dawn.png
1MB, 1271x2000px
>>29514251
It's just that anime-style art looks weird with noses since they're never drawn with any to begin with.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.