[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THEORY - Could Gyms Actually Be in Pokémon Sun & Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: possible....png (196KB, 950x542px) Image search: [Google]
possible....png
196KB, 950x542px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVPiY1yVk

Could there be Gyms?
Let's all speculate and discuss in this thread

What are your hopes and dreams if this is true?
>>
>>29505704
Stop advertising your shit channel
>>
>>29505721
>gamexplain
>shit

their analysis videos are the only ones i watch and they're pretty in depth, they seem like nice guys

anyway it's looking like the seven trial captains and Guzma are going to be gym leaders with kahunas as the elite 4, not sure about the champion though
>>
>>29505704
No.
You beat the Island Challenge, and then you can battle the Elite Four.

It's all right there on the Pokemon website.
>>
>>29505721
Shtop sthilling your bullsthit agenda anon

Although on a serious note, our possible Gym leaders:
>Ilima (Normal)
>Mallow (Grass)
>Lana (Water)
>Sophocles (Electric)
>Kiawe (Fire)
>???
>???

They did state only 7 trial captains from the Niconico vid. Maybe only 7 Gym leaders this go around?
Or maybe even the 8th being an unannounced character only appearing after the trials are/or the league is actually built
>>
>>29505704
considering the trailer outright says the pokemon league is just being started construction wise in Alola, I doubt it. once you have the league then you set up the regional gyms, because you only get the gym badges to prove your worth to the league.

A better click bait theory would be "could the player become a gym leader in Sun/moon?" because there's enough stuff in the trailers to BS that theory.
>>
>>29505812
Also forgot, possible E4
>Hala (Fighting)
>Olivia (Rock)
>???
>???

Possible champion
>Kahili
>>
>>29505704
Fuck off shill
>>
>>29505812
Stop taking up for your boyfriend faggot.
>>
>>29505704
It literally says that there are no gyms on the official website
>>
>>29505838
But look at it this way anon
Those 7 empty building spots scattered around Alola are there for a reason
They could easily be built while we are progressing through the main story dealing with trials and kahunas
Maybe they can even have the League challenge be post-game
>>
>>29505721
>>29505855
>>29505859
Gamexplain doesn't need to shill or advertise. They are already one of the most popular and respected gaming channels on youtube. They're second only to Nintendo themselves.
>>
>>29505885
they churn out shit as fast as possible to be first to post, oh such effort.
>>
>all gym leaders are post game
>they all have level 60+ teams

PLEASE HAPPEN
>>
>>29505704
>Latest trailer literally says a League is being built
Gee I fucking wonder.
>>
>>29505885
Except this link has been posted multiple times.
>>
I think they're right but I think gyms are going to be postgame

And I think we will get 8 of them, 7 trial captains plus ya boi Guzma,
the reason there's only 7 spaces is because Team Skulls hideout will become the gym afterwards
>>
>>29505704
Haven't watched the video, but I think it's likely the Trial Captains will become Gym Leaders. They're type specific and have that gym leader appearance to them. Obviously one other character would fill the role of the 8th leader, whether Guzma, Gladion, or someone else.

Kahunas probably would become the Elite 4, and someone else (Hau, Kukui, etc) would be Champion.
>>
>>29506096
Yasss please!

His story being a failed trial captain to becoming 8th Gym leader would be my dream c one true!!!
Also, can possibly be Bug or Poison leader
>>
>>29506096
>And I think we will get 8 of them, 7 trial captains plus ya boi Guzma

I want to believe.
>>
>>29505789
But there are empty spaces on the major cities, where a building can be constructed.
I hope they are like the Battle Frontier buildings, except they're spread out on the entire region. Let Gyms die
>>
File: 1477514908748.png (296KB, 1180x781px) Image search: [Google]
1477514908748.png
296KB, 1180x781px
>>29506096
>>29506227
Now I'm going to be upset when Guzma never shows up after the main story
>>
>>29506274
They could be secret bases.
Some of the screenshots show shops with little hammer icons. We might be able to build bases IN the cities, which act as unofficial gyms.
>>
>>29506533
They could too, but they aren't that secret if they're right there on the middle of the city or touching a Pokemon Center. I want post game battle facilities, Gyms would be kinda lame. In the anime, the Battle Frontier was spread out all across Kanto, and this is the first thing I thought
>>
>>29506050
>they all use 2-3 pokemon
>>
Isn't there a "recruit" option after every battle in the Tree Tower? Maybe that's for recruiting gym leaders and not just double battle partners.
>>
>>29506674
I doubt you cqn recruit a random chef or Cynthia to become a Gym Leader. If there are indeed Gyms, then the trial captains are the ones that will be leaders. They have types already, and I don't think we have seen them using a single Pokemon, which is weird
>>
>>29506249
I'd like it to be Guzma, but Kukui's quite likely aswell.
>>
>>29505759
I love and hate Gamexplain's analysis videos. Although they are in depth, they're basically "too in-depth." The issue being that they tend to focus on very insignificant details, often dragging out something tiny, obvious, or just completely BS conjecture on their part for way longer than they need to. Just check out any of their shorter videos, where it takes 5 minutes for them to say something you could point out in 2 seconds.
>>
>>29506596
"Secret" is probably the wrong word.
But I could absolutely see it happening.
>>
>>29506917
Makes sense to me that you'd be able to recruit whoever the hell you want. They probably just hang out in the gyms like the secret base NPCs and give you items/rematches if you visit them in the gym.

Or maybe the system is thought-out well enough to let you recruit gym trainers, too.
>>
>>29506072
Blame that on people wanting to share it.
>>
>>29505704

tell me one league that had no gyms.
duh! of course there will be gyms.
question is just if you will be able to fight in them or not.
>>
>>29505759
I'm hoping it's Kukui.

Still salty about a literally who being champ instead of Sycamore.
>>
>>29506025
Yeah, and there shit is always consistently good. It's amazing, isn't it douchebag?
>>
>>29506096
>His badge is the Skull Badge
>>
>>29505704
The trials are the story, and the casual mode. The Gyms are after the story and trails, and its the challenge aspect, with super tough gyms with familiar faces running them.
>>
At this point you fucks have convinced me so much on this stupid gym post game shit that i'm going to be furious when it's not true
>>
>>29505759
>defending GayXplain

Fuck off, Derrick. Your channel is shitty and you are terrible.
>>
>>29505759
none of the ones I've watched had clickbait or misleading titles like 99% of other pokemon info vids, so it gets a pass for me too.
>>
>>29507864
I'm really hoping this is exactly it. Prepared to be totally wrong though.
>>
>>29507864
>super tough gyms
keep dreaming. if you want "difficulty" you'll have to use the battle tree.
if the Gyms are real, they'll be like the Kanto gyms in GS, underwhelming.
>>
>>29507768
They told me to buy both Federation Force and the new Paper Mario, so no.
>>
gamexplain has the best and interesting discussions. great guys
>>
>>29505704
There's those large open areas where a single Machamp is hanging out in the demo...not sure if those will be where the Gyms is located.
>>
>>29508804
That's what I (and GameXplain) thought. It can't be a coincidence, and I doubt they are bases because there are so few and they're in the middle of the cities
>>
>>29506096
Too bad Gumza dies at the climax of Act II.
>>
>>29505812
>>29505839
There's the Ghost type girl Trial Captain and a Ground type Kahuna (girl with the Mudsdale) and a Flying type Kahuna (man with the Pelipper) too
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.