[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in SM thunder wave now only halves speed and can miss >full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: twave.jpg (40KB, 666x300px) Image search: [Google]
twave.jpg
40KB, 666x300px
>in SM thunder wave now only halves speed and can miss
>full para still happens

Are GF officially the worst at balancing their own fucking games ever?
>>
Toxic is still the king, baby.
>>
I'm not complaining. still a good nerf to the damn prankster genies.
>>
POKEJOKEAIMMD
>>
>in SM thunder wave now only halves speed
Gibe source.
Is this a change to paralysis or just TW?
>>
>>29501719
>meanwhile, Glare is still 100% accurate
>>
>>29502036
>not liking the convenience of having twave to teach others, while only a fingerful of Pokes learn Glare
shiggy diggy
>>
>>29502036
Nothing decent learns it so who cares
>>
>>29502036
It also has garbage distribution.
>>
>>29502036
There is literally only one good pokemon that actually learns the move.
>>
>>29502020
Paralysis in general. A Greninja was paralyzed by static on pikachu in the demo and still outsped. Only possible if paralysis halfed speed instead of cutting it to 25%
>>
>>29501719
No, this is a fine measure that will make stall think twice about running T-Wave, since most fast mons still outspeed walls at -2.
>>
>>29501719
>thunder wave not completely broken in its current state
wew
>>
>>29501719
Wonderful. Now work on Scald, already.
>>
>>29501761
>>29502123
>>29502177
>these retards think introducing more RNG into para fixes anything
>these retards think para will be any less prevalent
>these retards think this is even a proper nerf
>>
File: 1472237722466.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472237722466.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>29501719
>Are GF officially the worst at balancing their own fucking games ever?
Yes. Yes they are. The Thunder Wave nerf is honestly one of the dumbest things GF has ever done.

The thing is, the Speed drop was NOT the issue. That was not the problem. That was the LEGITIMATE use for Thunder Wave. Players used it for Speed control. In doubles, you could Fake Out a fast Mon and paralyze it with the other one, and then you could outspeed and KO it. Or you could generally use it as an emergency check to setup sweepers that were at +1 or higher Speed. This was not the issue for fuck's sake.

The REAL issue was full paralysis. That's horseshit. It adds nothing but more bullshit RNG while giving bad players more luck-based strategies that they can use to possibly win against good players simply by getting lucky with coin flips. And considering all this, Game Freak of course goes "Hmm, I wonder why Thunder Wave is a problem. Must be the Speed drop. Let's make setup sweepers stronger while doing nothing about the unnecessary RNG. That should solve the problem".

It's like they're deliberately making the worst possible choices they can think of. Like, how can a company have such a poor understanding of their own game. What the hell? Pic related is literally me right now. I'm so fucking mad that I could punch a hole into my wall. Fuck.

By the way, the correct way to nerf Thunder Wave was to remove full paralysis completely. That's it. Remove the chance of being fully paralyzed and keep everything else the same. It would have severely hindered luck-based strategies like ParaFlinch and ParaSwag while keeping Speed control as it is now. This is so obvious. Do the guys at Game Freak hate the people who play their games or what?
>>
That's literally perfect. What the fuck are you talking about, OP
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>29501761
>thunder wave when used by an electric type has 100% accuracy like Toxic with Poison-types
>>
>>29502244
>only status move with 100% accuracy
>only status with two effects
This is balanced right guize
>>
>>29502300
>only status with two effects
Burn does DoT and halves attack.
>>
>>29502232
I've never understood why Scald has a 30% burn chance when every common fire move only has 10%

Like sure you can say it's a water Lava Plume but then compare the distribution of the 2 moves
>>
>I can't play flowchart anymore REEEEEE
>I STILL get fucked by hax REEEEEE

Changes are great. Choke on something.
>>
>>29502328
Masuda.
>>
>>29502056
>What is Serperior?
>>
>>29502300
Are you illiterate or just stupid?

Read >>29502272 Para is unbalanced because of full para, which they haven't removed you fucking retard
>>
>>29502359
>being this angry
>not reading what I wrote
>>
>>29502272
Paraswag is already nerfed because confusion only hits a third of the time instead of 50/50
>>
>>29502401
>Paraswag is already nerfed
Not enough. Taking into consideration the confusion nerf, a Pokemon that is both paralyzed and confused has almost exactly a 50% chance to land an attack (49,95% if we use 66,6% as an approximation to 2/3). In other words, it's almost exactly like a coin flip and has nothing to do with the skill levels of the players. Is this what you really want? More coin flips?
>>
Maybe now people will appreciate Galvantula a bit more
>>
>>29502577
Balance shouldn't be looked at in such a microscopic way. 50% chance to work means that the win rate for this strategy is 50% which is just about perfect balance.
>>
>>29502577
It's still less than before. I'll take what I can get. Pokemon has always been full of coin flips. If you were expecting a drastic reduction of those, then you should just play something else.
>>
>>29502036

Good. Only like 4 Pokemon out of 800 learn this move.

I bet one of the UBs will learn this mvoe
>>
Paralysis, Confusion, and Flinches were the most fun yet infuriating aspect of multiplayer battles when I was a kid.

Do you really want to rob the children of this generation the satisfaction of being able to dick around their friends with a bit of innocent RNG-flavored battle styles?
>>
>>29501719
But that IS balancing, you nonce.

Besides, there are silver linings like this >>29502660
>>
>>29502756
Are there any UBs that even have eyes?

>>29501719
>pokemon needs to be balanced
>>
File: Granbull 2.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Granbull 2.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>My infallible Granbull Thunder Wave + Smellingsalts strat is nerfed
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>29503079
>Are there any UBs that even have eyes?
beauty
>>
>>29503161
Oh, right. I guess Absorption might count, too?
>>
>>29503139
>Wasting a turn of Thunder Wave so that you can use a non-STAB non-SE 140BP move once while healing your opponent from the paralysis
Truly the greatest strategy of our time.
>>
>>29503331
its called mind games man, read a book
>>
>>29502660
Galvantula will be low elo bait for eternity. The only good Galvantula team is the one by CBU in UU and that is because it really punishes anyone trying to defog it/spin it.
>>
>>29502272
Jesus, why are you people so autistic about RNG?

Chance in Pokémon has always been an element in combat and it's never going away.
>>
>>29503434
It's a suboptimal strategy compared to just using Play Rough, especially since Smelling Salts is a worse offensive type. There's nothing "mindgames" about curing the opponent's status in exchange for 5 BST and the ability to hit Poison types for neutral damage.
>>
>>29504310
>BST
meant Base Power
>>
>>29502356
a special attacker?
>>
>>29504258
>Jesus, why are you people so autistic about RNG?

they seem to think it's a different game than it actually is
>>
>>29502036
Isn't Glare 90% accuracy?
>>
>>29504436
Nevermind it was buffed to 100 in Gen 6, Arbok was replaced by Sylveon in my main party starting then so I never noticed.
>>
>>29503434
He's right. Your "pro strats" are Verlisify tier.
>>
>>29501719
We finally memed the genis out of the meta
>>
>>29501719
Well fuck. There goes my Rotom-heat support set.
>>
>>29502232
>Thinking Game Freak is going to nerf their baby the Water-type.

kek.

Feels good being a waterfag.
>>
>>29502272
>Not knowing that Game Freak doesn't play by our rules.
>>
>>29505725
Rotom Heat and Wash are still great. This changes nothing.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.