[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They weren't so bad /vp/. Admit it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

They weren't so bad /vp/.
Admit it.
>>
>>29501483
Only because they were based on decent games.
>>
>>29501483
They weren't bad.
Not non-spinoff pokemon game is a bad game.

They may not be perfect, but they are by no means bad.

I liked it. Tickled the nostalgia in me quite a bit. RSE never had a post game, there was the regi quest, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald, but that's it.

They should've brought back the battle frontier.
>>
>>29501483
Nope.
>>
>>29501517
>emerald feature
>ruby/sapphire remakes
???
>>
>>29501483
I've been saying they were fine this entire time
>>
File: Suspicious.png (82KB, 253x173px) Image search: [Google]
Suspicious.png
82KB, 253x173px
>>29501541
HGSS had Crystal elements. There's no excuse.
>>
I prefer playing them to RSE because I personally hate the Gen III engine, but they are definitely the greatest dissapointments of mainline. Lots of things that could've been better and things that should've been there to begin with but weren't.
>>
>>29501541
Didn't stop HGSS from doing it.
>>
>>29501483
>MUH BATTLE FRONTIER

stay may you faggot
>>
>>29501483
They weren't indeed.
I'll be honest, I don't miss the BF that much, only postgame facilities I cared for were the ones in BW2.
Gym leader rematches, the Safari Zone extension and daily rebattleable Littleroot rival would've been minor examples of what would've made the games better.
>>
>>29501483
Not bad, but not particularly good either.
>>
>>29501483
I never said they were.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
No.
>>
File: 1474157974644.png (249KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
1474157974644.png
249KB, 800x743px
OR gave me Courtney. Well, so did Ruby, but her personality was literally exchangeable with Shelly.
>>
>>29502780
>this still gets posted
Most of it is garbage and nitpicking
>>
File: 1477045770642.jpg (138KB, 1242x535px) Image search: [Google]
1477045770642.jpg
138KB, 1242x535px
>>29502780
reminder
>>
>>29501483
They weren't bad games.
But they were bad remakes.

Think like how you can have fun with a movie, like it and all... but it can still be a bad movie. (The 5th Element is one that generally comes to most people's minds with this type of thing.)
>>
>>29501483
I bought blue and alpha sapphire from the eshop. My first time playing both games and for some reason i have more fun with blue. I feel like theres wayyy less hand holding and it feels less linear even though it really isnt
>>
>>29502780
the problem for ANTS
>>
>>29502949
>being blind
>>
>>29501483
This was actually the 1st game I skipped since Platinum, but unlike Platinum I haven't heard much good about ORAS. Should I just play one of the hacks like Meme Sapphire instead?
>>
>>29502937
This, oras were admittantly my favorite games in the whole series, but I can see how they weren't fantastic remakes.
>>
Some people were shitting on ORAS?

Who are they; because I want to punch them in the face. I barely play XY anymore since they don't have DexNav.
>>
>>29503004
Being better than XY isn't exactly much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>29501483
only if you admit they weren't that good either
>>
>>29503004
dexnav is one of the few things I liked, too bad it comes at the expense of a ton of emerald features
>>
>>29502937
That's what I think about ORAS as well.

>>29503004
>Some people were shitting on ORAS?
Are you new?
>>
>>29501483
I don't know, I'm playing through it right now and I'm kind of underwhelmed. ORAS Hoenn feels kind of sterile and sparse. Small stuff like seeing people in the Lavaridge hotsprings, or being able to lay in the hot sand, or Dewford Hall trend options should be trivial in the grand scheme of things, but make up a lot of my memories of the original RS. DexNav is a good concept but it can get tedious quickly.
>>
>>29502812
This. sort of, Shelly>Courtney

But really, what the remakes have done is expand on characters. In the older games, characters really didn't have all that much personality. Admins didn't even have names, let alone anything unique to distinguish between them other than a sprite. Now ALL admins have names and personalities to distinguish them from just being slightly tougher grunts, instead of battling cardboard cutouts with stronger pokemon.

Remember to thank Gen 4 for being one of the most important gens in pokemon
history, because they did it first.
>>
>>29501483
Replay them, I fucking dare you.
>>
>>29501483
They're main series Pokémon games. Of course they're great games. When compared to other Pokémon games, however, they sort of lack in quality. Mostly because they're remakes, but they don't do quite enough to separate themselves from the games they're based off of.
>>
>>29501569
>>29501573
FRLG didn't add a lot of Yellow features. HGSS is the exception.
>>
Well they had more than XY that's for sure.
>>
>>29504860
More like they did too much to separate themselves from the originals. Nobody asked for RS: XY remix
>>
>>29504506
>Admins didn't even have names, let alone anything unique to distinguish between them other than a sprite.
They had the same names in RSE.
Also the Galactic Commanders were shit.
>>
>>29504506
>Admins didn't even have names
They literally did. Why do you think people talk about old Shelly or old Courtney?
>>
>>29504941
because yellow is the fourth game developed with blue being the third. hence why its fire red and leaf green. not fire red and ocean blue.
>>
>>29507717
If you were going to bait a 2 hour post, you could have tried harder.
>>
>>29504941
Yellow isn't a third game, and just a cash in on the anime.
>>
>>29507762
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>29501483

Yeah they werent. Too bad all the good things that ORAS did will never be in another game again.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.