[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else reckon this games seem casual/kid friendly as fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Anyone else reckon this games seem casual/kid friendly as fuck?
>>
Yeah. Like every single other Pokemon game.
>>
It's almost like it's a kid's game, huh?
>>
>>29497147
>>29497176
Yeah but especially casual.

Dumbfucks
>>
File: 1475977190308.jpg (51KB, 469x355px) Image search: [Google]
1475977190308.jpg
51KB, 469x355px
>>29497147
>>29497176
Older games were objectively more difficult and pandered less towards new players and children. BW and B2W2 even tried to pander towards the older audience when they came out.
>>
>>29497572
You haven't even played the game, idiot.
>>
>>29497350
Define casual
>>
>>29497572
And b2w2 were the worst selling, people prefer kiddy friendly
>>
it's "pretend the old pokemon games weren't casual" meme
>>
>>29497637
I'll see you complaining about how easy the game was and about how you completed it in less than 10 hours in about 4 weeks from today, just like people complained about XY being so easy as well.
It's clear that they won't stop holding your hand through most of the game. All the characters look bland, goofy, and friendly as fuck.
>>
>>29497778
>>29497572
>>29497110
go back to /v/
>>
>>29497794
>i don't like your opinion so fuck off
>muh safe comfy space
>>
>>29497778
oh no my kids game is holding my hand and isn't difficult
>>
>>29497832
>hiding triggered feelings behind toughguy post
>>
>>29497832
I'm telling you for your own sake. You /v/ crossposters make this thread like once a week and we all just laugh at you for expecting difficulty from a children's game.
>>
>>29497778
I won't complain, because every feature that I wanted from the series except Pokéathlons and Contests is back in
>>
>>29497778
Why do you even play pokemon games?
>>
No. Go complain somewhere else.
>>
File: 1472006684228.png (64KB, 212x133px) Image search: [Google]
1472006684228.png
64KB, 212x133px
>>29497844
>>29497871
Prove that all the games from Red and Green up to B2W2 had the same difficulty as XY and ORAS.
You'll find out that the older games were significantly harder. And no, it's not about you "growing up," because there's plenty of people playing those games again right now who are older than 18, and who find them more challenging than the newer games.
>>
>>29497110
>kid game is kid friendly
Holy fucking shit, we got a true detective here!
>>
>>29497944
I recently replayed Pokemon Yellow and beat it without having a single Pokemon die.

Yeah, it's fucking easy
>>
File: SCREECH AHAHHAHHAHAHA.png (221KB, 798x1264px) Image search: [Google]
SCREECH AHAHHAHHAHAHA.png
221KB, 798x1264px
>>29497944
>You'll find out that the older games were significantly harder

No they weren't. You're fucking deluded.
>>
>>29497944
I am playing Pokemon Yellow. It is more difficult. Do I like it more? No. I like all Pokemon games, because I like Pokemon. I have to play Pokemon Yellow very slowly else not to get bored from the level grinding that comes with it's difficulty.
>>
>>29498004
>using the champions to prove your point
>not using cynthia
It's like you're not even trying.
>>
>>29497944
That depends entirely on your team and what options you use. Every game in the series is fucking easy if you use three or less Pokémon, and XY is easy if you leave easy mode on

it's also impossible to lose if you use items in any game
>>
>>29498038
he was talking about XY
>>
Having to grind for 10 more minutes isn't difficult, you /v/ shitposter.

The games will always hold your hand because they're for kids.
>>
File: 9vEtCIM.jpg (115KB, 1022x577px) Image search: [Google]
9vEtCIM.jpg
115KB, 1022x577px
Yeah I can't believe Pokemon is for kids now, unlike when I was a kid and it was a serious game for adults.
>>
Pokemon is for collecting, trading, and battling.

SMT is for a challenging single player experience.
>>
>>29498103
>SMT
fuck off
>>
Even a child could vouch for a pokemon game with more interesting puzzles and even challenging side quests every once in a while
>>
>>29498179
it's the only real challenging monster collector game out there
>>
File: 1475116509542.jpg (27KB, 599x231px) Image search: [Google]
1475116509542.jpg
27KB, 599x231px
As someone who was a kid (and not a particularly clever one) when playing blue I can assure your these have always been casual kids game, and always will be. Stay salty.
>>
>>29498205
too bad children give zero fucks about 3ds and pokemon
>>
>>29498047
XY is still easy even if you have the Exp. Share turned off for the whole game. You just can't fuck up in this game. And it gets worse in ORAS, to the point that they even practically give you Latias or Latios as a gift.
In the past, if you made a Legendary faint, you fucked up. You wern't able to catch it again. So kids who didn't know that were fucked.
But now, you actually have to catch the fuckers to continue the "story." If you end up defeating them, they will reappear, and they seem to have a much higher capture ratio than before. I remember spending literally hours trying to catch legendaries. I had to reset the game several times before I could, and I had to buy at least some 20 Ultra Balls to make it feasible. But in Y I got Yveltal on my first try; the same happened with every other Legendary, even Mewtwo.
>>
>>29497572
>Older games were objectively more difficult

>Gen1
>can catch Ninoran/Mankey before Brock
>can catch Oddish/Bellsprout before Mist
>Lt.Surge lives right next to Digglet Cave
>can catch Growlith/Vulpix before Erika
>Arbras all over the place or trade for Mr.Mime for Koga
>Ghosts in Ghost Tower before battling Sabrina
>Literally Surfing to Blaine
>the older games were hard
Yes orginal Red and Blue were hard if you picked Charmander, I just assblasted Brock witj Ember with only a Charmander. The games arent that harf, you were probably retarded as a kid. I dont remember them being hard either
>>
It's a Pokemon game, being casual isn't a problem, it always have been games for casual, most of us were 5 or 6 when we beat Red and Blue
>>
>>29497110
just like every other pokemon game, your point being?
>>
>>29498300
You got very lucky with Mewtwo, because it has the same catch rate it had in gen 1
>I spent HOURS
Wow, you were dumb. It takes maybe 10 minutes to catch a legendary in any game.
>I had to buy POKÉ BALLS
holy fuck it's almost like stocking up on items is a good idea in any game
>>
>>29497572
The older games weren't that hard, they were just less intuitive and had a few balancing issues (Whitney for example).
>>
>>29498396
>You got very lucky with Mewtwo, because it has the same catch rate it had in gen 1
I must've been. Though after checking the list I discovered that it's easier to catch Yveltal than to catch a fucking Chatot.
>Wow, you were dumb. It takes maybe 10 minutes to catch a legendary in any game.
Getting fucked by the Legendary Pokémon because some of the Pokémon in my party had weaknesses or because they were underleveled was the cause for this. On the opposite side, sometimes my Pokémon were stronger, so I ended up killing the Legendary.
Reset every time.
>holy fuck it's almost like stocking up on items is a good idea in any game
You know what I mean. I would use up at least some 10 balls every time I tried to catch a Legendary. You couldn't know how long the battle would take. Now, they only last some 3 turns.
>>
>>29498300
>XY is still easy even if you have the Exp. Share turned off for the whole game.
Just like any other pokemon game, so what?
>You just can't fuck up in this game.
Yet again like in any pokemon game, it takes actual serious effort or being completely braindead to fuck up even in the games where you can
>practically give you Latias or Latios as a gift.
And what? You're not forced to use it, and it beats wasting time to deal with annoying roamer bullshit
>In the past, if you made a Legendary faint, you fucked up.
I'm a retard and cannot use the save option: the post
>If you end up defeating them, they will reappear, and they seem to have a much higher capture ratio than before.
Except for they don't, and it's really good for people who want competitive mons - KO the fucker, continue with story, catch the legend later softresetting as you wish, no reason to sit resetting autistically for hours in story
>I remember spending literally hours trying to catch legendaries. I had to reset the game several times before I could, and I had to buy at least some 20 Ultra Balls to make it feasible.
Your own fault for having shit luck
>>
Posting this from:
>>29499016
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/pokemon-interview
>When did you realize that you Pokemon was a game that would keep people playing into adulthood?
>JM: When we developed Red and Blue we weren't explicitly targeting children.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/
>"For example, there are so many free games you can play on your phone now, there's so many entertainment options, so making it a little easier to play is the reason for that."
>>
File: 1476266537336.png (153KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1476266537336.png
153KB, 457x457px
Yes because it is targeted to kids
>>
>>29497147
/thread
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.