[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Baseless starter speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: sm.png (199KB, 794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sm.png
199KB, 794x1080px
>Decidueye

> Sniper
Given that Laser Focus seems to be a thing for it and given it's an archer, I think it's a natural (albeit boring) choice. I'm hoping it will get a physical grass type arrow-based move like Frost Breath and Storm Throw. 60bp --% acc. This is basically a 60 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 135bp grass move with STAB.

> Why the low attack?
Because it's meant to be fast and to rely on critical hits for "power". I'm not happy with it either. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's naturally strong, but honestly I think its specialty lies more in its speed than its raw power.

>Incineroar

> Explain yourself
Just looks like a run of the mill strong physical attacker with mediocre speed and special bulk. Tough Claws is self explanatory.

>Primarina

> Siren?
A new ability that raises sound-based attacks' power by 1.33x, similar to Tough Claws. Will probably get a proper sound based Fairy move.

> Why those stats?
It looks like Aurora Veil is associated with it, so I think Primarina will be a slow (mostly special) tank. 103 should be a passable offensive stat.
>>
>>29488171
Seems about right.
>>
>>29488171
>I'm hoping it will get a physical grass type arrow-based move like Frost Breath and Storm Throw
It should already have Leaf Blade and Shadow Claw for high-crit STAB, but another always crit move on a pokemon who actually gives a fuck about always crit would be nice.

Also, I believe Incineroar was shown to be faster than Decidueye
>>
apparently rowlet has the highest HP of the trio, litten the highest speed, and popplio the highest defenses. Your Primarina seems right, but your Decidueye and Incineroar seem to be off.
>>
>>29488171
Only problem is that Laser Focus/Throat Chop/Aurora Veil aren't known to be associated with the starters yet, and they all have other moves shown to be their "signature." That means that they're either signature moves for non-starters, or the starters learn them but other things do too.
>>
>>29488466
Oh... interesting. Looks like I know nothing.
>>
yeah, no

Litten was confirmed to be blazing fast
and the only fully evolved cat-based Pokemon with below base 110 Speed is Delcatty

also, Decidueye needs more HP
WAY more HP
>>
>>29488505
I had no idea.

Now I wonder if Decidueye's "speed" is nothing more than pidgeot's "mach 2" speed.
>>
>>29488171
Incineroar can't be that slow given how fast Litten was, it should at least break 95.

Also Rowlet had the highest Hp so Dedicueye's hp can't be that low. And since they all cant have high hp Incineroar's hp needs to be taken down a notch. And 65 Sp. Atk is pretty damning, they'd never go that low for a starter.

Primarina's fine but again they'd never go that low for an attacking stat.
>>
>>29488473
The moves they showed in the trailer were all damaging offensive moves, whereas the leaked special moves all seem to be support type moves. I reckon each starter will receive one special support move and one damaging move, makes sense and matches the description.
>>
Maybe It's Speed Boost for the Owl, Tough Claws or something for Fire Greninja aka Incenroar (They did some theorymonning thanks to Litten's increase in stats in a stream of actual gameplay) and Pixilate or hopefully like you said an ability that increases the power of sound moves.
>>
But Decidueye is said to be super fast.
>>
>>29488171
The lowest attacking stat for any starter is 74 since GF assumes kids don't know about the physical/special thing. I doubt they minmax Incineroar and Primarina like that.
>>
>>29489817
These are the same fuckers that said that Escavalier flies around "at high speed".
>>
>>29489923
Popplio actually has a very low attack stat so I wouldn't be surprised if they started min-maxing the starters

also, Delphox's Attack is 69
>>
File: 1476222387620.gif (122KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476222387620.gif
122KB, 400x400px
>>29488171
This could be the single best collection of starters since gen 4.

Hell they probably exceed gen 4 since all of them at a glance seem decent and could probably be viable in OU. Gen 4 will always have Torterra shitting up the near perfect lineup
>>
>>29488171
ffs, Rowlet alone is already confirmed from the battle royals to have about around as much as what you gave Decidueye.
How about a little research, so this doesn't have to be repeated every thread about this?
>>
>>29488171
I can see GF giving Incineroar more SpAtk than Atk, they´re that stupid. Also, Why not the same BST for all three?
>>
>>29490819
>signature move is physical
>it's a fucking wrestler
>"they'll totally give it special attack guys"
>>
>>29488171
>not going by the stats datamined for the starters
Trash/10
>>
For all the autists that are saying "starters keep there stat spread", explain to me, if Mudkip has the highest Atk between all the Hoenn starters, then why does Blaziken have the highest Atk and not Swampert ?

Tought so. Incineroar will definetly be fast, but no one's saying Decidueye can't break 100 Speed either or if its HP will be anywhere Emboar Level. They clearly are changing things up this time.
>>
>>29490957
Because middle stages can bless or stigmatise the final stage and that's how aggregation works, they take up +400BST points from the final stage's final BST. Combusken gains the fighting type and of course it's going to hit harder.

Rowlet and Dartrix look fast to you? Because they don't.
>>
>giving the owl that much speed

Good grief dial it back man.
>>
>>29488171
Swap Decidueye's speed and hp and it might be accurate.
Also incineroar will probably have 100+ speed. the
>>
>>29491168
>implying they keep similar base stat distribution
Reminder Emboar gets SpAtk out of nowhere even if Pignite has a lot more Atk.
Plus, this is pokemon, haven't you learned appearance can be deceiving ? I'm not saying Decidueye will be 120 base Speed mon, but if you think it will be 90 or under, you're out of your mind.
>>
>>29491260
>base 65 Speed
>that much HP
Yeah right.
>>
File: 1474970734528.jpg (264KB, 1524x2032px) Image search: [Google]
1474970734528.jpg
264KB, 1524x2032px
>>29491362
>this is pokemon, haven't you learned appearance can be deceiving?

Anon please. People still think the werewolf is going to be slow and bulky because it has counter.
>>
Do people still seriously think Decidueye will be slow and tanky? Even when the official website confirmed it'll be fast as shit? I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least near Sceptile tier fast.
>>
>>29491362

>Emboar gets SpA out of nowhere
No it doesn't. Pignite has high SpA.
>>
>>29490907
>Pikachu
>>
>>29491400
Basically. This thing won't be in no way defensive, someone calculated the posdible damage done to Lycanroc after the Arcanine used Outrage. It's almost the same it would do to Zoroark and it has really low defenses. Night form will probably be more slowish then Day form, but it will probably hit really hard.
>>
>>29488473
Remember, Greninja had 2 signature moves, Water Shuriken and Mat Block. It might be unlikely that all of the new starters have 2 signature moves, but there's always a chance that at least one of them does.
>>
>>29488171
Litten is faster than the owl
>>
Back in July or something, I speculated the following for the base evos:

>>Rowlet:
>>HP: 52-61
>Assuming 31 IVs and 100 EVs, as has consistently been used in old trailers showing off player-vs-player battles.

>>Popplio:
>>HP: 47-68
>>ATT: 22-43 (16-37) (35-56)
>>DEF: 47-68 (41-62) (60-81)
>>SPA: 47-68 (41-62) (60-81)
>>SPD: 47-68 (41-62) (60-81)
>>SPE: 29-49 (22-43) (41-62)
>Based on the e3 footage and assuming 0 EVs (basically negligible at that early in the game) and the full 0-31 IV range.
>The first parenthesis is with a beneficial (+) nature, the second with a hindering (-) nature. We do not know which nature Popplio had in the e3 footage.

>As for Litten, we don't know anything aside from that it attacked earlier than both Rowlet and Popplio in the Battle Royal trailer, which means its speed could be higher than or tied with them. We also do not know what nature it had.

>The safest estimate would be to simply take the middlemost values, which would be 57 for Rowlet and 57-32-57-57-57-39 for Popplio. Lands at 299, starters are usually 310, so let's add 2 to all stats, giving us 59-34-59-59-59-41

>If you want to bullshit your way into the mermaid being plausible, you could assume a -speed and +attack nature, which would mean 59-26-59-59-59-51.

The most important takeaway is that Decidueye will likely have a somewhat beefy HP, considering Rowlet has about the same base HP as Piplup, and Empoleon has 84 base HP. Primarina will be bulky and slow.
>>
>>29489970
Yeah, but aside from scratch and Flame Charge it only learns special moves naturally.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.