[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the gen 2 hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1471203796977.jpg (34KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471203796977.jpg
34KB, 450x420px
Why is this board so vocal about the pokemon introduced this generation? Sure, alot have below average stats but is that really enough to completely write off a generation just to be a contrarian? There are extremely well designed pokemon like ariados, crobat, ampharos, murkrow, misdreavus, and so many more, so why hate on them just because they aren't the best in battle?
>>
>>29484213
>Well Designed
>Crobat
Your opinion already sucks.
>>
Because they're shit and very unfun to actually use because of how monstrously shit they are.

A pokemon actually being fun to use is an important part of its overall design.
>>
>>29484345
Thread derailed in 3...2....
>>
>>29484345
you and your shit taste may kindly fuck off
>>
>>29484345
>not liking Crobat
>not liking a 4 winged bat
>>
>>29484213
>tfw I just replayed replayed both HGSS with full gen 2 teams and loved it
>>
File: 47897292_p0.jpg (2MB, 2953x2079px) Image search: [Google]
47897292_p0.jpg
2MB, 2953x2079px
>>29484213
Instead of answering your question I'm going to post this image of my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon. Please understand.
>>
>>29484213
> I never played the story with a competitive team desu
Usually pick them for the aesthetics, which johto is not lacking
>reason why 2 gen is best gen
>>
>introduced babies, which are horrible and only serve as dex fodder
>special split was handled horribly, ruining more pokemon than it helped
>vast majority of the dex is filled with garbage mons with garbage stats and no evolutions (some of these were addressed in later, better gens)
>has the worst meta of any generation
>introduced new types for balancing purposes, however they were incredibly few in number and very few STAB moves were introduced
>boring region bogged down by an absurd amount of HMs (good luck fitting them all on a single water type) with an incredibly shitty, watered down version of kanto tacked on to serve as post-game

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.
>>
>>29484854
I was just talking about the pokemon within the generation not the games themselves,however baby pokemon are hit or miss. Of course they weren't made for the competetive aspects of the game, they were made to balance out the fact that you can get them so early in the game. I for one like the in game experience of raising baby mons and i don't get why people get so upset over them when you arent forced to use babies in the first place.
>>
>>29484213
most anons on here are hoennbabies, and as such they hate on everything that came before. Though sinnohfoeti are turning 18 these days so you can see how the generational switch is happening
>>
>>29484854
I agree with all of this except the special split, which combined with Blissey would've made me commit suicide.

But I think Gen 2 carries itself on it's charm. It has memorable gym leaders, Pokemon, and moments that all stick out when you think of it. I still think HGSS is great because while Gen 2 is kinda iffy, Gen 4 fixes lots of innate problems with polish and balance while adding little quirks everywhere.
>>
>>29485282
>Gen 4 fixes lots of innate problems with polish and balance while adding little quirks everywhere.
but it didn't fix johto's two biggest problems: shit level curve and shit johto distrubtion in wild and in gym battles
>>
>>29484854
The special split was handled fine. Some mons lost, but that was kind of the point. A lot of things will shift when something changes, like the physical/special split that helped a lot of mons, but hurt some others.
>>
>>29484854
Yeah, Gen 2 was pretty much good intentions meeting bad execution personified. It had some cool pokemon (though many weren't really usable until gen 4) and the concept of going to a new region and beating everything there for a post game is fun, but it was sort of just "water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink"
>>
File: 09d7425e6b4006dc9c5cf19858fc7126.jpg (844KB, 753x1000px) Image search: [Google]
09d7425e6b4006dc9c5cf19858fc7126.jpg
844KB, 753x1000px
Gen 2 has been my favorite but its mostly because of my own personal reason. It was my first trip to Japan and during the period when Americans believed Marill's name was actually Pikablu. My mom took me to the Pokemon Center in Osaka and all the new shit blew my mind. I came back with a ton of information and merch of the gen 2 Pokemon and became the coolest kid at school.

But I also really like the setting, being able to do both Johto and Kanto, and I think a lot of the gen 2 Pokemon look awesome. Gen 2 also introduced Whitney.
>>
Gen 2 is my favourite generation. I remember being a kid and having just 151 Pokemon and then learning that there was going to be more. It was the most beautiful feeling in the world.
>>
>>29486120
If we're just talking about feelings I don't think any generation of pokemon can really compare to the relief I feel when I take a big shit. I mean at least compare details or some shit
>>
>>29486120

There was also the idea that this wouldnt be a one shot thing that went away after a few years like the fighting game fad of the era.Just by showing they could release another big game fix a lot of the imbalance add actual new content like held items and even fit the whole first game you loved as bonus content.It was huge even if there were problems with type distribution and the beginnings of Genwun whining. This gen also gave use Tyranitar which singlehandedly makes up for most of the bullshit
>>
>>29486266
I didn't own a gameboy when Pokemon came out so crystal was the first game I played many years after. This is when firered and leafgreen was out by the way.

It was my first Pokemon game so there is nostalgia playing a role in this.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.