[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: meganium.gif (16KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
meganium.gif
16KB, 275x300px
What went wrong?
>>
>>29482217
Defensive Grass types are awful.
>>
All mono types and they didn't even get megas.

>not fire/ground
>not water/dragon
>not grass/rock or fairy
>>
Your mother's abortion
Meganium is awesome
>>
>>29482217
Absolutely nothing, cutest Grass-type starter to this day. I wish its stats were better, but what can you do?
>>
Shitty HA.
>>
>>29482217
MR STAKE!
>>
>>29482217
First stage is pretty ugly. Beyond that, nothing. Meganium a best.
>>
Why was Gen 2 the only generation with all mono type starters?
>>
File: Chikorita.jpg (25KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
Chikorita.jpg
25KB, 400x434px
>>29482265
The fuck you say to me? Seriously, look at this cute.
>>
>>29482217
Meganium is the best gen 2 starter.
>>
>>29482255
Stake stake stake...
>>
Slow supportive mon that is weak to most of the gyms in the region that introduced it.
Most kids back then just wanted to sweep through the region and on top of being less badass than the alligator and the yellow human it was also noticeably weaker. To this day I still wish it got buffs.
>>
>>29482217
*angrily* MUUURRRRRRRSTAKE
*He still loved you though*
>>
>>29482307
gen 2 had a huge focus on naturalism, which is why the only poison-types were qwilfish and spinarak/ariados, which produce natural poison. Whereas Gen 1 had a huge focus on genetic modification (stone radiation, things with 3 heads, mewtwo/ditto, etc.), Gen 2 went more along with "how do pokemon come naturally out of the environment as creatures of this world?" as opposed to Gen 1 where some creatures seemed more like the creation of humans. with the exception of steel-type, which I can't really explain to you
>>
>>29482395
To be fair, it's pretty bulky. If you can keep it away from it's weaknesses however but that should be easy considering the GSC ai and movepools aren't very good. Body Slam is very obnoxious and makes catching Pokemon easier and Reflect is fun.
>>
>>29482327
Iunno, mang. I think it looks all awkward and blobby.
>>
File: tumblr_lgbi4vYnPV1qzxegjo1_400.jpg (50KB, 400x474px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgbi4vYnPV1qzxegjo1_400.jpg
50KB, 400x474px
>>29482594
It's literally just a pear with a face. What's awkward about it?
>>
>literally can't learn leech seed by level up
Is there a more pathetic grass type? I don't think so
>>
>>29482217

>tfw no Mega-Meganium
>tfw no Meganiumnium
>>
>>29482486
>they're like this because of my retarded headcanon that i acknowledge is bullshit
>>
>>29482255
>>29482384
>>29482398
Happy to see some fellow TFS fans. All hail the true son Mr. Stake!
>>
I loved to choose Chikorita and use it until it evolves so I'd have a perfect HM slave with Lugia in Pokémon Silver
>>
>>29482682
Not all Grass types benefit from Leech Seed dumbass.
>>
>>29482820
Defensive ones who expect to be able to stay alive do.
>>
>Base 83 HP, base 100 Def/Sp. Def is not bulky enough now
>Below average 80 base Speed makes it get outrun by almost everything it's weak against
>Base 80 Attack/83 Sp Atk makes it meh, even setting up Swords Dance is gimmicky and doesn't work well
>Movepool is standard Grassmon stuff, Synthesis, Poison Powder/Toxic, Aromatherapy, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and so on (doesn't get Sleep Powder which would make it better, it gets Grasswhistle which has 55% accuracy)
>Only coverage options are Earthquake, Bulldoze, Hidden Power, and Ancientpower.
>Weak to Bug, Fire, Ice, Flying and Poison, meanwhile Grass is ineffective against Fire, Flying, Poison, Grass, Dragon, Steel and Bug, all of these are common types both in-game and competitively with the coverage to hit Meganium super-effectively
>Game Freak did nothing to buff it, it stayed the same while everything else got better
>>
At least it's better than the yellow human
>>
>>29482240
Tangrowth
>>
>>29484273
It's honestly sad how bad it is, even in game. I'm playing a romhack that makes it grass/fairy and gives it some more coverage moves and it's still pretty mediocre compared to the rest of my team.
>>
File: Meganium1.jpg (42KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
Meganium1.jpg
42KB, 440x640px
Nothing. He's perfect.
>>
I dont get why people hate meganium.

I think it's super nice looking.
>>
>>29484549
Polished Crystal? Fun romhack
>>
10/10 design

Fuck anyone who hates gen 2 starters. They're pretty much the best.
>>
>>29484746
>Polished Crystal?
Yes
>>
I like Meganium, as a matter of fact I think that every starter in Gen 2 was really well designed and very good looking. To the point where you dont even know who to pick.
>>
>>29482217
Should've had a big pear-shaped ass.
>>
>>29482217
>movepool really shallow
>horrible stat distribution
>defensive grass types are bad

I love the design, would be a lot better as like a Fairy/Grass special wall that could hit hard but was also slow as a trade off. Kinda of similar to Slyveon's base stats.
>>
>>29482217
SHUT THE FUCK UP ITS PERFECT
>>
File: 1475356897306.png (438KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475356897306.png
438KB, 1000x1200px
>>29482217
Nothing. Meganium is perfect.
>>
>>29486524

I played G/S back in the day and it absolutely drove me nuts when I picked him as my starter. It couldnt hurt anything it couldnt survive against anything the status effects werent that good and it didnt have leech seed or even a mediocre attack until the game was basically over
>>
Shittiest move pool out any starter
>>
>>29482217
A lot less than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29482594
So... it looks like you, anon?
>>
>>29482682
>onoez not teh leech seed y wud dey not have leech seed on gras starter im so mad rite nao
>>
>>29483105
You know how my Meganium stayed alive?
>Reflect and Light Screen setup
>Sunny Day
>Solar beam
>Recovery items as needed, if needed
>>
>>29484549
>Grass/Fairy

Fucking disgrace.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.