/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Encounter Stories!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: Shiny Pokemon.jpg (378KB, 1024x476px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Pokemon.jpg
378KB, 1024x476px
I have been playing Pokemon for Years and have not had a SINGULAR random shiny encounter. I don't want to use any methods because to me they don't feel as special

Say the shiny encounters you have had Random or from a method, anything is welcome
>>
>>29480062
I have almost a full box, including a Timid Shiny Latios that I will most certainly be Hyper Training in S/M.
>>
>>29480160
How many of 'em random?
>>
>>29480062
Does dexnav/horde encounters count? I've gotten at least 10 in the past 2 weeks
>>
>be 11
>find first shiny
>Larvitar in FireRed
>barely catch it
>train it to lvl 72
>all my friends are dying of jealousy
>cleaning lady gets caught stealing and I never see him again
>>
>>29480230
In my mind no, if the horde is completely random and there just so happens to be a shiny then yh that counts. What i mean is when you're doing nothing to increase the chances to get a shiny through any methods, shiny charms however are fine.
>>
>>29480062
I was replaying emerald after a long while, and I found a shiny sandshrew and caught it
I trained it and got it to evolve, then I fuck up and the game crashes
I forgot to save too...
>>
>A few months back
>Doing a no-starter playthrough of ORAS
>Training my Makuhita for Brawly
>Suddenly a wild encounter
>It's a shiny Zubat
>I catch it and put it on my team
It's still on my team as a pink Crobat and I love him so much.
>>
>>29480272
That's so sad ;-;, 2 second silence for shiny Tyranitar
>>
File: fearow.png-c200.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
fearow.png-c200.png
3KB, 200x200px
My first shiny, hadn't played gen 2 then, was fearow in diamond in that post game area. Still have it too.
>>
>>29480062
I'm with you anon. Not once.
Maybe one day.
>>
>>29480320
Shiny Sandslash is something i prey for, my condolences
>>29480325
Finally a happy story, Pink crobat still tickles my pickles
>>
>>29480062
Shiny machoke in platinum was my first one.Encountered a random shiny growlithe in pal park, hunted a shiny galvantula in pal park shortly after. The others are just boring chain fishing mons
>>
>>29480272
I feel you man, I had a shiny Charizard, I named him Afrozard, he was very special.

I forgot the Pokémon Y chip during a travel to England.

I'll never forget you, Afrozard.
>>
>>29480272
that was my first, here's my most recent

>EV training
>running from Scrafty hordes
>Right before the screen fades to black notice one was shiny

and also

>breeding for a Mega Beedrill
>hatching eggs while watching a movie
>get a good IV Weedle, box the rest

>a month or so later
>giveaway on /vp/
>"just deposit a Kakuna to get your Pokémon, anon"
>remember my half-box of Weedles
>go back and grab the very first one
>kill anything so it evolves
>freak the fuck out when I'm staring at a green Kakuna

Man I had no idea. Hatched a shiny 4IV in the very first egg and almost gave it away.
>>
The shiny i yearn for is Trapinch, if i find one i can legit die happy, and as i said, it has to be not forced with any methods, so cya guys in 67 years or so ;-;
>>
>>29480328
His name was CaptainEd
>>
First shiny I found:
>pokemon n00b
>uses gameshark to make Metagross appear on grass
>first metagross is white
>thought it was female
>runs and catches the next blue one
>try to get another white one
>1h trying
I only learned about shinies, like, one year after this happened.
>>
File: Prey For CaptainEd.jpg (27KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
Prey For CaptainEd.jpg
27KB, 720x545px
>>29480480
We will all prey that CaptainEd has made it to a safe and happy place...
>>
>>29480564
Oh Anon, I don't know whats worse, Never even seeing a shiny in the wild or Seeing one, not realising and discovering years later...
>>
>>29480062
I've got boxes of shinies. Hell, I've got TEN shiny Poliwhirl. Then again, chain fishing for shinies is piss easy.

I've been MM'ing for years too. Friend Safari and such help as well.

Hatched a near perfect Shiny Honedge that I just now evolved into a shiny Aegislash.
>>
>>29480715
Ah but that takes away the specialty of shinies if you have boxes and boxes of them from being forced to happen, thats why i still search for them without any help and why i am still a ShinyVirgin
>>
>aged 8-9
>be in shitty afterschool program
>borrow emerald version of kid in said afterschool program in exchange for some psp game
>see shiny numel outside fiery path
>kid demands I return his emerald as soon as he sees me trying to trade numel to fire red

>be 14
>see shiny adamant machoke in cerulean cave during umpteenth FR/LG playthrough

>be 14
>beat elite 4 in Platinum version once again
>no Pokemon on team know fly so forced to run from twinleaf to access PC in next town
>no revives
>shiny bidoof
>mfw shiny bidoof looks exactly like regular bidoof
>>
>>29480610
I have a friend that his first shiny was a Zigzagoon. He didn't knew what a shiny was as well so he just thought he was glowing because he was holding berries. It's more likely than you think.

Also, another shiny story involving hacks (but none affecting shiny encounters):
>edit an emerald rom to have Electrikes as starters
>literally the first Electrike I get is a shiny
It got me wondering if anyone has ever encountered a lshiny, legit starter Pokémon. It's completely possible in Emerald.
>>
>>29480912
>shiny
typo, fix'd
>>
>>29480813
I've got some of them too.

Staraptor in Platinum, Unfezant from White, Conckeldurr and Delibird from Y, Magnezone from Omega Ruby.
>>
>>29480912
I got a shiny Marshtomp... From the ORAS demo. Fuck my life, man.
>>
>>29480912
Oh god what was his reaction when he found out it was a shiny all those years ago? And as for a shiny starter, i am begging for any shiny at this point, on a playthrough of platinum cuz wth not and hoping to find one along the way
>>29480950
You have insane luck it sounds like!
>>29480989
My condolences...
>>
I started Fire Red over when I was a teenager, I was off to get Oak' parcel and the first fucking Atchison of grass was a shiny pidgy. I obviously had no pokeballs.
>>
i tried to get one in that forest in diamond with that girl with the chansey but boy i got tired,i was hoping to get one tbqh
>>
>>29480062
got my first shinys this year
first was a shiny bagon I bread
second I was shiny hunting in horde battles for an hour found nothing walking to pokemon center because I gave up
shiny mienfoo random encounter
>>
File: I dont know how to feel.jpg (39KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
I dont know how to feel.jpg
39KB, 1366x768px
>>29481059
I laughed. Then Cried. I support
>>
>>29481013
With my insane luck, I have (currently) half the regional birds in shiny. I just haven't gotten around to MMing the others.
>>
>>29481013
He was pretty ok with it, he wasn't very fond of Zigzagoons and he probably lost his save at the point he discovered what a shiny Pokémon was.

After this, he also found a Solrock in Emerald (which he used in battle against me later) and a Gastly in FRLG.
>>
>>29480062
I found a shiny nidoran female within 4 encounters kek
>>
>>29481168
Which ones do you have Anon?
>>
I have realised a mistake in making this thread. It just outlines my horrendous luck. Keep the stories coming guys, im fine here ;-;

I'm playing platinum at this very moment, if i get a shiny while in this thread i will go fucking mental
>>
>>29481224
Staraptor, Unfezant, and Noctowl. I could get the other's pretty easy. I got a Japanese Ditto. I have to do a bunch of working around to get them where they are poop when they hatch.
>>
>>29481289
My favourite Regional Bird Staraptor! You will be my idol this evening
>>
>>29480062
I still remember my first shiny, it was in sapphire in team aquas hideout, one of the electrodes disguised as an item. I'd never heard of shinies before then and thought it was a special blue electrode
>>
>>29480062
Didn't get one until BW when I found a Litwick during the story. I hadn't planned on using that line but now that shiny Chandelure is one of my main bros.

Other than that, I got a random Geodude, Zubat and Sandshrew all within one weekend in ORAS, but that's it. Haven't ever really tried to hunt for them.
>>
>>29480185
A fair amount. Maybe ten? That is including the ones that I've gotten when I, as a joke with my friend, initiated a horde battle and found a shiny Zigzagoon. Horde 1. Also, twice while EV training.
>>
>>29481288
I'm currently sr for a shiny lugia don't worry m8
>>
>>29481331
It was the grass patch from Hearthome to Solaceon, I happened to step into it and she showed up.

Quick Balled it since I was postgame at that point and didn't have anything that wouldn't stomp it.
>>
>>29481356
>>29481374
>>29481375
This is why i like and hate myself for making this thread ;-; Great luck guys! Hopefully some rubs of on me
>>
File: 1463806489531.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463806489531.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>Shiny Geodude
>Self-Destruct
>>
>tfw playing diamond right now on my phone
>on a green path,doing res and reading this thread

gib luck pls
>>
>>29481406
I'm at that area right now! just having random encounters for the small chance i get a shiny during this thread
>>
>>29481456
>>29481460
Good luck.
>>
>>29481491
Cheers Anon
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 419x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 419x430px
>Doing a runthrough of White
>Grinding in the grass outside of Cold Storage
>already have my team planned, only so much xp to go around
>shiny Herdier appears
>catch her, name her after my dog
>becomes the powerhouse of my team, carries me through the game
>was able to tank Ghestis' Hydreigon's Focus Blasts with 7 hp and spam Ice Fangs
That was a good one
>>
My FireRed nuzlocke was wild. I don't know why, but I strongly believe my Hypno (Rasputin) was actually luring out shinies any time he was up at the front of the party.
Found a shiny Tentacool, Machop and Sentret throughout the journey. It was seriously the darnedest thing.

Now I take Rasputin with me when i go shiny-hunting.
>>
I feel like Dexnav hates my guts when I attempt to shiny hunt with it. I do everything right, but I could encounter the same Pokemon 100 times, and still no shiny.

But randomly stepping into the grass and finding a shiny then, well, that's just a given for me!

>Was trying to dexnav a Slugma cause needed to get my living dex finished.
>Accidentally scared one away, then repel runs out.
>Take a step, what do I find? Shiny Slugma.
>>
>Biking through Victory Road
>Shiny Graveler appears!
>Go Golduck!
>Use Attract.
>Wild Graveler is in love.
>Wild Graveler used Self-Destruct!
>MFW no Damp
>MFW no face
>>
>>29480062
Didn't start playing until 2013 on a emulator first game was emerald, found an awesome shiny spinda the second time I walked through the ash grass. Then I got black 2 played it nothing, then I got Y and shiny farfetched, the very next week shiny poliwhirl, then i wanted to try chain fishing. Sought a horsea got a skrelp and it only took me like 12 encounters. I have good luck I think.
>>
>>29482507
I've found a shiny Geodude at a level well before they learn Self Destruct.
>>
File: 1469077694058.jpg (8KB, 176x158px) Image search: [Google]
1469077694058.jpg
8KB, 176x158px
>>29480062
>only ever found 1 shiny
>modest makuhita
>in an emulator
>>
File: Curses.png (113KB, 245x258px) Image search: [Google]
Curses.png
113KB, 245x258px
>playing gold
>right outside Tohjo Falls
>shiny Tentacool
>catch it and save
>mfw emulator shiny

I caught it again in AS though.
>>
Anyone else never fail a shiny catch? The closest it came for me was when I false swiped an asleep audino that knew Take Down, followed by it waking up and not using Take Down
>>
Randomly I've found an Ekans in silver, a Vanillish in White, and most recently a mantyke on Y
>>
>when you get a shiny Cresselia in 270 resets and catch it using only one dive ball
>>
Gamesharked a lot of shinies in GSC, but my first legit one was a random Oddish in Emerald. I got a random Sandshrew (I named Knuckles) in White2, and then a random shiny Sigilyph (HotRodFlames) in Y while filling out my Safari Zone dex hunts.

I've MM'd and DexNav'd a handful of other shinies but I won't forget the randoms.
>>
>>29483036
Shiny Kirlia in Friend Safari. I did not come prepared.
>>
>>29483498
Did you break your wrist over it?
>>
>firered nuzlocke
>get an Oddish
>love that little fucker, raised him into a Vileplume
>dies from something dumb, can't remember what
>I'm sad but move on
>later on my way to the berry forest I find a green Oddish
>kept him as an Oddish because I wanted him to get moonblast when I eventually transfer him to XY
It was kinda fun having an Oddish on my endgame team, definitely not something I saw coming.
>>
>>29483528
No? What?
>>
>get shiny in earlier game
>give name you now regret
>can't change it even though it will never go back

Why can't there just be an exception to the name rater?

>>29483559
I remember seeing some post awhile back about someone that hunted a shiny Kirlia, then smashed his fist on his table when it teleported, doing it hard enough to break his wrist.
>>
File: Lemonade.jpg (359KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lemonade.jpg
359KB, 600x800px
>be me
>playing diamond
>didn't know how to chain, wanted to do it because I'd heard of shinies and wanted to have one
>found a route with a ton of grass, fire up that pokeradar gizmo
>no idea what I'm doing
>eventually run into a non shaking patch of grass on accident
>shiny fucking dunsparce
>at least it was adamant
>still have Lemonade to this day.
>level 99 because what if they introduce a level up evolution in 1,000 years
>>
>>29483650
Ah, I'm not that dramatic. But I finally did get several. One's a Gallade, one's a Gardevoir.
>>
>>29482729
Chain fishing makes it piss easy.
>>
my first random in game shiny encounter was last year, during winter or autumn, I was comfy in bed one morning, i'd just woken up and was feeling nice, I turned on my 2ds to play some omega ruby and do a bit of berry planting and harvesting. I'd just gone over the bridge where the swablu fly over, and I was moving to a berry tree - i had one small patch of grass to go through and I didn't want to get caught up in a battle, so I ran through it quickly, however, a pokemon jumped out at me. The pokemon was a beautiful shiny gold swablu! I was so amazed and super happy, he's a lovely altaria now and I love him.

>>29483660
keep it lvl 99, im sure they will bring in an evo one day anon!
>>
My favorite shinny story:
I was getting ready to start a new playthrough in Leaf Green. I had already transferred all of my good Pokemon to Diamond, but I wanted to catch the roaming legendary (Raikou) before I reset the game. I had no poke balls on hand, but I did have the master ball, and I figured I'd just lob that at Raikou to make things quick and easy. I remember thinking "but what if I find a shiny Pokemon? I'll have to use the master ball to catch it and it'll look hacked!" but I didn't really take the thought seriously...and just a few minutes into my Raikou hunt, of course a fucking shiny Pidgey appeared. I caught it, obviously, but I wish I would have taken my intuition seriously!
>>
Reminder that a quick ball guarantees a capture of an abra or ralts

Reminder that if you're not packing 1000+ balls you're doing it wrong
>>
>>29480062
Was grinding for the E4 on my first ORAS playthrough and found a shiny Hariyama with a good nature in Victory Road :)
Then last week, found a shiny Minncinno in my Y romhack and got very excited! Now 2 legit shinies under my belt with my OT stamp, along with my dozens of hoarded shinies over the years from trades.
>>
Was around 9 years old when I found the first one of shinies. Was a Spearow on the area leading up to victory road in Fire Red and Leaf Green. Brother convinced me that if it evolved it wouldn't be shiny. Never got a random encounter shiny again
>>
I have almost a whole box of shinies, a couple I've sniped from the GTS.
The legit ones are:
Shiny zubat in Ruby (got the cart stolen, I'll never see my shiny crobat again...)
Shiny Snorlax from SS, then an hour later I caught a shiny seel.
Used an RNG calculator to get a bunch of shinies in White (Ralts, Charmander, wish I still had the RNG calculator and things to get a couple more, but those days are behind me now).
Bred a few shinies in X and Y, another Charmander, Tyrunt, a Modest Protean Froakie, a few more I'm forgetting right now.

Currently I'm trying to hatch a shiny Honedge. It's taking far longer than the others I've bred.
>>
>>29488116
I'm breeding for a second shiny Honedge. A friend of mine wants one.
>>
>Playing pokemon black
>Just go to victory road
>First encounter is a shiny Deino
>shit my pants
>>
>>29488116
I snagged a shiny Japanese Deoxys from the GTS. Guy wanted a level 10 Spheal for it. I checked it and it's legit. Only had two perfect IVs, a nature that leaned towards the Attack Form, and caught in a Master Ball.
>>
>>29488116
>he doesn't have a shiny crobat

want one?
>>
>>29480062
Every time I do a runthrough of HGSS I manage to find a shiny Gyrados. It's nostalgic for me because my first shiny was a Gyrados in Crystal.
>>
File: At Least It Was Festive.jpg (98KB, 437x743px) Image search: [Google]
At Least It Was Festive.jpg
98KB, 437x743px
>>29488405
Every one gets that shiny.
>>
File: pink.png (9KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
pink.png
9KB, 720x540px
>>29480062
I have some I'd like to share with ya

random encounters:
>2006
>shiny Paras in Ilex Forest
>older brother murdered the fuck out of it
>mfw

>current year
>HeartGold; training outside Mt. Silver
>shiny Donphan
>accidentally kill it
>mfw

>current year
>SoulSilver; indexing Pokémon
>looking for Snubbull (1% chance of spawning seriously???)
>find pic related instead

I don't think you should feel averse about using special methods for finding Shiny Pokémon because it's just as infuriating having to use them, the only difference being you're guaranteed a catch when you do
last week I chained my first three in Platinum; two Pichu and one Ponyta
very nice
>>
>>29488389
No, but thanks for the offer!
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.