[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Anime 20th Anniversary Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: seriesedit.png (793KB, 1359x660px) Image search: [Google]
seriesedit.png
793KB, 1359x660px
Throughout the years the anime has held special fond memories of Ash, Pikachu, and the Team Rocket trio. From Kanto, to Johto, Hoenn, to Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos.

So /vp/ community, share you're thoughts!

>Which gang was the best for you?

>Which series had the best OP?

>Which series had interesting story-development

>Which personality of Ash did you like most?

>What are you're thoughts on the new art-style?

>How many Pokémon will Ash catch in Alola?

>What will Team Rocket come up with next?

SHARE! DISCUSS! OPINIONATE!
>>
>jessie is the only consistent girl in the entire series, with a consistent design too
>fuck all fanart
>>
>Probably Team Flare, they even sacificed a part of the League.

>My favourite one is from BW (in any language).

>DP J and Team Galctic together were really interesting and I liked Paul.

>DP and XY/XY&Z, though in new animations he seems to be perfect.

>I'm okay with that.

>I guess, as much as in Kalos, because he doesn't have much Pokemons to catch. Just fewer than BW.

>Some episodes with Mimikyu and Alolan Meowth.
>>
File: 300px-Team_Rocket_BW.png (66KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Team_Rocket_BW.png
66KB, 300x190px
>>29478770
Remember when they were actully badasses?
>>
>>29480731
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>29480795
>so edgy

Go cut yourself!
>>
>>29480731
Her ass is far from bad.
>>
>>29478770
SM ruined it
>>
>>29480731
Yeah, right faggot. Team Rocket got glorified in the anime, in the games they are just a generic criminal group, not some sort of international bond villain organization.
Giovanni is the shittiest "POKEMONS ARE TOOLS" boss in the series, and he's actually more interesting when he's a gym leader and father instead of leading a bunch of flunkies.
>>
>>29480859
That ass is high impact sexual.
>>
XY. Serena and the lemons can't be topped.
XY&Z. Which is both the series and the OP.
XY-XY&Z. Not only did we have Amour throughout, but we also had Ash-Greninja and Alain having a spin off for a while.
XY. Cool. Confident. Strong. Makes me moist.
I'll give it a shot. I understand why, but I don't agree that it's better.
Mimikyu and/or Bewear.
>>
Jesse should let her hair down, she's cuter like that.
>>
>>29478770
None of them, they all sucked
None of them, they all sucked
None of them were the least bit interesting
None of them because they were all the same
At least something changed
Five, tops, and he'll only evolve two of them
>>
>>29480836
>Liking edgy rocket
>Calls out someone else for being edgy
wew lad
>>
>>29478770
After all these years, Meowth still looks the same.
>>
That's hard. I'm torn between DP and XY, but I don't like how Brock got underused so often in DP, but I also don't like how little Ash and Bonnie interacted in XY. However, I think think Ash had better rivals all around in DP, so that's more fun. Dawn's loss also didn't piss me off nearly as much as the "reason" Aria lost. I'm really excited Mallow and Kiawe in SM, so depending on how that series turns out, I may bump them up to my top, too.

XY, hands down.

BW had a lot of potential and I still wish I could have how that would have been handled if the team wasn't doing whatever the fuck they were. The OS is nice, but it's a lot slower. And, while DP is fun, XY had a lot more going on at any one time, so I'll probably go with it, again.

Either OS or DP. I prefer Ash when he has a bit of bite to him, so while XY was fun, I would have liked to seen him get sassy a little more.

I like it, but I'm a big shoujo fan. I love soft, bouncy, cutesy art styles. Most of the people who dislike it (that have spoken clearly to me) don't like it because it's not as sharp or "strong" feeling as previous seasons were. I can respect that, but this is good for me, too, especially since it's been cleaned up since the earliest previews.

I hope only five. I want to see every Pokemon get used and developed, like in XY.

They'll offer Ash an island tour but trap him.
>>
>>29478770
Original was the best full set, but Ash and Dawn's dynamic was the GOAT Ash/partner interaction

Either AG, DP, or XY&Z

DP had the most entertaining narrative progression due to its focus on Ash's/Dawn's respective rivalries and how they affected their respective progression. In terms of game villain plots, XY&Z wins by default.

DP by far, followed by OS. I loved how Ash in DP mixed his inherent aggression with the maturity he gained over the course of his journeys and how it all came together in varied ways as shown by his interactions both with different characters and in his battle strategies. It felt like the most perfect evolution of his basic character.

Looks like shit, but looks like it'll be easy to animate, so I'm a bit hopeful that it'll make it easier to branch out creatively and not rely on recycling footage as much

Hopefully 6.

They'll dig a hole.
>>
The original trio was great in Kanto, but became shit after that, so I guess DP was my favorite overall (even though Brock was really bland)
AG because Battle Frontier and Spurt are GOAT
BW had the best EDs
DP
XY had better pacing though
OS
Weird but it fits well with what the new season is trying to be
School janitors
>>
>>29478770

WTF? They've fucked up TR now too. What studio is doing the animation? They need to be burned down.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.