[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What about the Datamined Moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: signature.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
signature.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What about throat chop, laser focus, and aurora veil from the datamine? Are they not signature moves like we thought or are all the starters getting 2?

Also what are your thoughts on using spirit shackle and laser focus together (assuming he gets both), everyone thought it'd be a useless set up move but in light of his revealed typing and trapping signature move I think best owl is going to be a great set up mon.
>>
>>29465313
>not Spirit Shackle & Perish Song
>>
>>29465313
Since when were they their signature moves
>>
It'd be pretty fucking useless because everyone and their mom knows they have to switch to their Decidueye counter immediately or get fucked up. Best thing to do is carry coverage that hits whatever's going to come in super effectively.
>>
>>29465313
>spirit shackle and laser focus
Would be an automatic signal to switch into a Normal/Fighting.
>>
>>29465313
They were as much of a fucking reach as UB=human connections.
>>
The only thing to remember is that theses moves didn't leak, so it could mean there's other thing still hidden
>>
>>29465413
Spirit Shackle is literally a Ghost muhmentum move.

>threaten opponent with Spirit Shackle
>if they switch to a normal type, switch to your fighting type
>if not, trap whatever switches in and get a guaranteed switch out to a counter

You can predict it, but it's too useful.
>>
They always sounded more like Z-moves than signature moves to me.
>>
>>29465413
Honestly, it might be good purely because it could be a physical ghost move that doesn't have trash power.
>>
Or maybe, just maybe, they were just generic moves that never had anything to do with the starters?
>>
The frog had 2 exclusives. I don't think it's too out there to think the datamined moves are exclusives to the starters too.

GF has to keep some surprises.
>>
>>29465595
Yea it's gonna be really good but I think what they're saying is it doesn't really enable him make great use of set up moves necessarily.

>>29465379
>>29465417
So you think those 3 are just random new moves then? Certainly could be.

>>29465466
The only thing I could maybe see still being hidden is Alolan forms. Dataminers said there's no room in the dex for more mons and the total number of pokemon seems pretty much set however we know Alolan forms don't take up a new dex slot.
>>
Throat Chop might be Jangmo-o family's signature.
>>
>>29465681
That would be...weird. Wasting a Z attack just so the next attack is a guaranteed crit is silly.
>>
File: 1477275341389.png (1MB, 1064x990px) Image search: [Google]
1477275341389.png
1MB, 1064x990px
>>29465781
Nah they already have one. Who better than a heel wrestler to hit a singer in the throat to mute their voice?
>>
>>29465781
Except they already revealed clanging scales
>>
>>29465815
What if laser focus also does damage itself? Unlikely I know but maybe
>>
File: 1476176442282.jpg (31KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1476176442282.jpg
31KB, 366x401px
>>29465815
>>29465915

Turns out it was mis-worded.
Makes ALL future attacks Crit as long as doesn't switch.
>>
>>29465862
Cubone, Marowak, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Vespiquen and Klefki all have multiple signature moves.

But it's probably not a signature move.
>>
Weren't there 3 new TMs?
They colud be them.
>>
File: woomy thinking.png (651KB, 627x563px) Image search: [Google]
woomy thinking.png
651KB, 627x563px
>>29466175
...Well fuck me this may change everything then if that is indeed the case.
>>
>>29466175
>aurora veil TM
pls no
>>
>>29466175
I thought those TMs were for HMs being removed.
>>
>>29466475
some of theme, but there were also three completely new ones
>>
Read the lore. They're counters for the other starters:

>Decidueye usually acts very cool, but it can become terribly flustered in unexpected situations like a surprise attack.

Primarina learns Aurora Veil to hide herself and surprise attack Decidueye.

>n the heat of battle, Incineroar shows no concern for its opponents—and sometimes even launches attacks that strike the opposing Trainer! As a result, many tend to dislike this Pokémon and keep it at a distance.

Decidueye learns Laser Focus to attack Incineroar from a distance.

>Since Primarina controls its balloons using its voice, any injury to its throat can become a grave problem.

Incineroar learns Throat Chop to cut off Primarina's voice.
>>
Two signature moves each? Greninja got two last gen.
>>
>>29466884
only the last one makes any sense. Laser focus doesn't let him "attack from a distance" if anything it's a counter to aurora veil because crits ignore the defense boosts from screens.
>>
>>29467080
Again, read the lore.
>>
>>29467754
I did and you're still wrong
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.