[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Datamine Damage Control: The Trailer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
36KB, 480x360px
You gotta admit, they pretty much said fuck it and revealed as much as they could to salvage the ship.
>>
and it worked
>>
>>29464493
Not really, these things are planned way ahead of time.
>>
>>29464656
I wouldn't be surprised if the leaks were planned too.
The concept art was discovered way too early, and the unused files in the demo had no reason to be there.
>>
>>29464493
Wait for the release, with all /vp/ complaining how they revealed entire game before its release.

I'm pissed with the red/blue thing. They should have be a surprise.
>>
>>29464788
>concept art was discovered way too early
5 months in advance of an anime is not too early if you actually knew how much time and planning goes into these things.
>unused files in the demo had no reason to be there
Ah, so you also know fuck-all about game development. The demo was created by taking the full game and trying to strip out as much as they could. They missed stuff.
>>
>>29464880
Gotta get gen wunners to buy the game somehow.
>>
>>29464493
No, because I suspect things would have been revealed differently. Persian seems to random to look like a response to something.

I'd say this is just set up for the final trailer.
>>
>>29464880
Why are you following news if you care about surprises? That's fucking retarded logic.
>>
>>29465024
Persian was accidentally leaked by Amazon's preview for the SM guide. That was definitely a response.
>>
>>29465080
Actually hold up, I say LEAKED by Amazon, but it was already datamined before that. You know whatever.
>>
>>29464493
You act like they did not already have these trailers premade before the demo even came out.
>>
>>29464493
They barely gave us "As much as they could". No damage control there, OP.
>>
>>29464893
Sure they would just miss stuff
>>
>>29464656
>>29465256
There's very obviously a template in place to shit these trailers out in an afternoon. It doesn't take a week and three days.

Leaks don't play a significant factor, but they are taken into consideration. That's why we got Alolan Persian, not because of the datamine but because of Amazon's fuckup.
>>
>>29464493
I can confirm they made a last minute decision to make Robinhoot Grass/Ghost instead of Grass/Flying just to spite leakers who thought they knew everything.

source: Dad works at Nintendo
>>
File: 669.png (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
669.png
9KB, 256x256px
>>29466088
>That's why we got Alolan Persian, not because of the datamine but because of Amazon's fuckup.

Using that logic they should have revealed this thing after the TCG's fuckup.
>>
>>29466459
That was a fuckup on their own part, Alolan Persian was a fuckup from a third party.

Also, reveals in general are slowing down, it could be that they had to choose between one or the other.

And come on, officially revealing the final starter evos 22 days before the game releases?
>>
>>29464880
it looks like the hot thing right now for nintendo is to try and target as much of the young adults as possible that started playing their products as kids. that one sun/moon commercial saying you've gotten older, this game including gen 1 shit, the switch announcement trailer blah blah.
>>
>>29466647
They revealed the entire pseudo line. Marketing has changed, man.
>>
>>29464493
more like this thread is dataminers trying to save face while completely missing literally everything important and spreading stupid shit like "muh legendary baby pre evo"
Gary was there, leakers are losers.
>>
>>29465581
They would.
This is GF we're talking about.
>>
>>29466088
No, there's very obviously not, and if you weren't an ignorant faggot you would realize this.

These reveals have been scheduled since long ago. Things getting leaked or datamined has not affected it.

My theory as for why they are dripping out all surprises and content before the releases is because they know that the games are going to break street date eventually, and they'd rather people are introduced to these new mons and features in the way GF wants than by some throwaway shitpost riddled with misinformation spreading through social media.
>>
>>29464893
>They missed stuff.
And apparently you do too. You can't just scrub out data without incurring some game-breaking glitches in games. They'd have to build the demo from the ground up for there to be nothing leakable.
>>
>>29467575
>You can't just scrub out data without incurring some game-breaking glitches in games.
There's no excuse for the Team Preview sprites being present in the demo, though. For fuck's sake, what was stopping them from replacing them with a placeholder like a blank image which actually happened in some cases or plain old Pikachu again?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.