[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nintendo of America in charge of original names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: deja-vu.png (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
deja-vu.png
170KB, 500x500px
>Nintendo of America in charge of original names
>>
Holy shit.

Didn't notice this until you pointed it out. God dammit localization team.
>>
I noticed Litleo and Litten had similar names almost immeidatley. Didn't pick up on Pyroar and Incineroar.

Can I just say for the record how great of a name Litleo is? Lit, little and leo all in one.
>>
I noticed the -roar thing right away but didn't even think about it in context with the first forms names, lmfao
>>
>NoA handling Pokemon localization after Platinum

lmao
>>
WHY IS IT NOT BELTIGRE?

BELT AND TIGRE

ITS A TIGER WITH A BELT
>>
>>29463713
Oh yes the Japanese clearly have it made with completely unique Pokemon names such as Thunders and Thunder
>>
>>29464331
Because that's fucking retarded
>>
>>29463713
The name 'Talonflame' still triggers me.
>>
>>29464744
Does Sandshrew trigger you?
>>
You forgot Emboar
>>
>>29464331
that's awful.
>>
>>29464660
LIZARDON
>>
>>29464744
>still not getting over it
You people bitch needlessly about inconsequential things.
>>
>>29463713
>Rhyperior
>Serperior
This is literally nothing new
>>
>>29464923
That ones boar and ember.
>>
>>29464660
>Thunders and Thunder
Nani
I know Thunder is Zapdos, but what the fuck is a Thunders
>>
>>29464331
>WHY IS IT NOT BELTIGRE?

Fuck off Spic
>>
>>29465006
Jolteon
>>
>>29463713
Theres only so many ways you can name a fiery cat. Theres also so many ways you can name a fiery big cat.
t. Nintendo of America
>>
>>29464744
Talon + (in)flame
It's not that bad, especially compared with other compound names that have no wordplay like Beedrill and Sandshrew. Or Mr. Mime, even. If you want bad, go look at Feraligatr. Granted, there's no way that they would retcon the name to be Feraligator, but they could have given it a different name that would have fit into the 10 character limit. Ferocodile, for example.
>>
File: 1475665386820.jpg (303KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
1475665386820.jpg
303KB, 960x711px
I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
>>
>>29463713
>Ghos
>Ghost
>Lizardo
>Lizardon
>Thunder
>Thunders
Closest thing that English Pokemon has to that level of awfulness was Pidgeotto and Pidgeot. And anything beats compound words and corruptions and dictionary words (Ditto, and Ho-Oh being carried over when it's literally just the Japanese word for phoenix) instead of portmanteaus. Also, NoA doesn't do the localizations. That's all on TPC.
>>
>>29463713
>Miltank
>Skuntank
>Okutank

Nothing new, anon.
>>
>>29465545
I hope this is bait
>>
File: Okutank.png (84KB, 441x419px) Image search: [Google]
Okutank.png
84KB, 441x419px
>>29465756
The feelings are mutual.
>>
>>29465849
I know what Okutank is. However, the pokemon you listed don't share a common theme like >>29465441 or >>29463713
so your post is irrelevant
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.