[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosmog Confusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: cosmog.png (353KB, 468x429px) Image search: [Google]
cosmog.png
353KB, 468x429px
Speculate.

Also

>Why do you think they only showed Cosmog and not its counterpart?

>Do you think they'll be version exclusives?

>Do you think Cosmog is what's in Lillie's bag

>Is Cosmog a pre-evo to one of the legendaries?

>Is it one of the legendaries but in a different form?

>What role do you think it will hold in the story?
>>
File: 1476828646527.png (66KB, 704x632px) Image search: [Google]
1476828646527.png
66KB, 704x632px
It's obviously a pre-evo, just look up the datamine.
>>
>>29459402
I think it will evolve into that other pre-evo legendary thing. It looks like it will evolve into either Solgaeo or Lunala.
>>
>>29459402
>counterpart
Implying Cosmog doesn't evolve into it.
>>
>>29459402

i don't think the eye thing is his counterpart, more like his second cocoon evo like Metapod or Kakuna.
>>
>>29459402
>>Why do you think they only showed Cosmog and not its counterpart?
If you're talking about the cocoon, it's not a counterpart. It's an evolution.

>>Do you think they'll be version exclusives?
See above

>>Do you think Cosmog is what's in Lillie's bag
Well duh. It's been confirmed multiple times by the journalists who played the game early.

>>Is Cosmog a pre-evo to one of the legendaries?
It's pre-evo to both of the legendaries.

>>Is it one of the legendaries but in a different form?
It has a different name so no. It's an entirely separate Pokemon.
>>
>>29459402
Because Cosmog evolves into the cocoon and then into either of the legendaries you stupid fuck.
This is incredibly obvious from the dex order.
>>
File: 17261762.png (11KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
17261762.png
11KB, 166x166px
What if this is Marshadow?
>>
File: 853.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
853.png
7KB, 256x256px
>>29459622
Would be weird because this one fits the name better.
>>
>>29459861
Would be weird.
But who knows at this point?
>>
Puni-chan 2.0

"M-masaka cosmog was solgaleo all along?!"
Sugoiiii sugoiiiii
>>
File: srt.jpg (37KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
srt.jpg
37KB, 250x272px
>>29459402
>counterpart
>>
>>29459402
They're evolutions, not counterparts, idiot.
>>
>>29459908
Marshadow is supposed to be a mythical like Magearna, so it wouldn't be in front of the legendaries in the sprite dump
>>
Heres what I think.

Cosmog is a nebula, which is essentially space matter, unrefined and free. as it evolves, it absorbs sun or moon energy depending on your version, eventually becoming your legendary pokemon. This would be a revolutionary way to give you a box legendary and it would make the legendaries so much more memorable. No more of that "oh god its barely mentioned until the end of the story and then you have to catch it" shit.
>>
>>29460433
>They're evolutions, not counterparts, idiot.
>Rowlett3 si Grass/Flying, idiot
>Bull totem is Fire/Fairy, idiot
>Dolphin totem is clearly Ghost/Fairy, idiot.
>>
I hope it is a counterpart, unless Cosmog will be the first ever evolving Legendary. Which is kinda cool, and bizarre but this is Ohmori directing and he has changed a few conventional stuff anyway.
>>
>>29459402
Because those Pokemon are integral to the plot and them showing both off is too much being spoiled about the game. Them showing as much about this one in the Japanese trailer as they did was already too much.
>>
>>29460756
>haha I can think any nonsensical thing I want just because some people were wrong about guesses that had no evidence either way xD
>>
>>29460659
I adored Solgaleo/Lunala from the moment I saw them and now we have this. I'm so fucking glad.
>>
>>29461388
>some people
Do you mean literally everyone?
>>
>>29459452
this, it just transforms into a different legendary depending on the game version
>>
>>29459908

Marshadow is supposed to have a unique typing.

So no.

>>29460756

You mean the cocoon thing that looks exactly like the two legendaries? They ain't counterparts, my nigga.
>>
>>29461541
you mean just like how "literally everyone" guessed fire/dark, water/fairy, psychic/fairy guardian? your retard logic works both ways and there is strong evidence that it is a pre-evo. Now fuck off.
>>
File: Capture.png (765KB, 849x476px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
765KB, 849x476px
>receive Cosmogg from Lillie after rescuing it
>take care of it and raise it
>it evolves into Box Art Legend to protect you from Ultra Beasts
>>
>>29459402
>counterpart
You mean evolution?
>>
>>29459402
>counterpart

Stop this shity meme. That yellow thing is its evolution, it shouldn't be that hard to make the conmection.
>>
>>29461789
Not gonna lie, that'd be fucking amazing
Super Metroid vibes
>>
Reminder that Dex order literally means nothing.
Larvitar is after Raikou, Suicune, and Entei, yet its evolution line isn't Legendary

It'll have a connection to Solgaleo and Lunala, but I'm willing to bet Cosmog only evolves into that star thing, you're only able to find one Cosmog in the game, and it's not breedable. Like a subordinate Legendary to Solgaleo and Lunala.
>>
>>29461789
i dont wanna be forced to use it though
>>
>>29462176
To be fair in gen II the conventional order hadn't really been established.
>>
Coming entirely from a conceptual standpoint I've got certain, speculative possibilities you can have a gander at.

There's the pretty obvious alchemy elements to their designs which I know barely anything about, but there's a secondary aspect about them being 'emissaries' and Cosmog's description as being friendly and associated with royalty (almost like a treasure, it would seem).
In ancient Rome children of well to do families were given one of two amulets; a bulla for a boy and a lunula for a girl (the name there is a big part of my theory tbqhwyfam). These amulets were worn to protect the children from evil and stuff, you can google it yourselves, and they were taken away when they reached adulthood/got married (getting dicked makes evil uninterested I guess). I'm pretty sure there's a correlation there.
>>
Cosmog normally evolves into the star shell thing. The one in Lillies bag evolves into Lunaala/Solgaleo after you play the moon/sun flute in front of it.
>>
>>29459402
The Japanese trailer from today pretty much confirmed that it is what is in Lillie's bag, which is something we have all known for a while.
>>
File: Emerald_tablet.jpg (260KB, 770x599px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_tablet.jpg
260KB, 770x599px
‘The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.’
>>
File: FG19_06.jpg (56KB, 773x598px) Image search: [Google]
FG19_06.jpg
56KB, 773x598px
Gas to protostar to star/failed star confirmed
>>
>>29459861
What type combos with Dark or Ghost haven't been done yet?

Bug/Dark?
Dark/Fairy?
Ghost/Normal?
>>
>>29464101
What the fuck, this sounds mythical as fuck. Where is it from? Emerald Tablet huh? Gonna google it.
>>
File: 24386982476.jpg (242KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
24386982476.jpg
242KB, 640x426px
>>29460659
>Nothing they come up with will be as good as this could be
>>
>>29460659
Basically this. The site mentions that it absorbs light to grow, so depending on the version you play it evolves into the legendary. What is really throwing me for a loop is that Lycanroc suggest that Solgaleo/Lunala as legendary forces exist already in universe. I am starting to wonder if perhps thr Solgaleo/Lunala you raise are indeed Faux-Legendaries, literally emissaries and copies of the true legendary duo. Maybe Solgaleo/Lunala are really the sun and the moon, and the Pokemon itself is a manifestation of their power?
>>
I hope all y'all talking are wrong as fuck. Some of you have been terribly wrong before.
>>
>>29460659
I'll go a step further and predict that Solgaleo and Lunala share a dex number and have the same gimmick as Lycanroc
>>
>>29464101
Best lore to date.
>>
>>29464988
>copies of the true legendary duo
Are you insinuating that legendary Pokemon are all one of a kind? The only thing supporting that is in-game folklore, while there have been sightings of 'one of a kind Pokemon' on opposite sides of the world. The folklore is there mainly for you to deduce the source behind the design, not necessarily as a literal reading of the species in the Pokemon world. Magcargo isn't hotter than the sun either.
>>
>>29459622

>Martian + Shadow
>>
I love it's name, Cosmo and Smog, plus "Mog" which can be interpreted as small.
>>
>>29466316
We know their national dex number, that's incorrect.
>>
>>29466429
For these two, yes. I know it sounds ridiculous, but if Pokemon evolve because of the influence of another Pokemon' energy directly, Lycanroc should be a Post-game only evolution, after the Legendary Duo is awakened, but Olivia does own one way before that. So yeah, I don't see how that dynamic works unless there already is a Legendary roaming about.

INB4 The twist is the Cosmog you rqise through the game is actually so you can gain the other legendarh ala gen 2, and having both Solgaleo/Lunala summoned ala BW is the real twist of the game.
>>
>>29467672
I'm confused by this response. There's no reason that there can't be multiples of every legendary Pokemon. There's also nothing to confirm that the whole '[legendary pokemon]'s energy' thing isn't just regional folklore because the idyllic island folk just happen to worship those Pokemon as deities because of the ideas behind the designs and the ideas behind the region's design.
There's no reason to take the game literally, especially Pokedex entries that are just hints at the design inspirations in the form of assumptions by the protag mixed with local folktales, at the end of the day. If you're a grown up and you're taking stuff like this directly and not reading it for the underlying story then you need to, I dunno, read more. Pick up some Barthes or something, jeez.
>>
>>29459402

> Cosmog's counterpart

But that's clearly it's "cocoon" stage evo.
>>
File: fagstanza.jpg (21KB, 549x543px) Image search: [Google]
fagstanza.jpg
21KB, 549x543px
>>29467199
>plus "Mog" which can be interpreted as small
yeah, but only people from somalia would get that
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.