[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can /vp help me out with my Tyranitar nature? Hes my favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Rico_Tyranitar_Hyper_Beam.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Rico_Tyranitar_Hyper_Beam.png
1MB, 1174x881px
can /vp help me out with my Tyranitar nature?

Hes my favorite pokemon and I want to include him on my new Sun and Moon team. I have a one already that is a dragon dance set.

the one I am breeding though, I want it to be interchangeable from being a choice scarf user with some special attack and a support version with also some special but also physical attacks.

What nature should I use for each?

support -
smooth rock/chople berry
Rock slide
Fire blast/icebeam
crunch
stealth rock

and then my choice band

with
Rock slide
icebeam
fireblast
dark pulse/crunch/superpower
>>
>>29451587
a nature that I could use that would work for both so I wont have to use 2 different tyranitars and can just use tms to change the moves
>>
>>29451587
Tyranitar isn't in the Alolan Dex.
>>
>>29451638
ill trade him over, is that dex really final? no new pokemon besides that?
>>
>>29451691
Sorry OP, but you'll have to do without your bro til January :( Pokemon Bank won't support gen 7 games before then.
>>
Mixed Choice Scarf is sacrificing a lot of EV's because Tyranitar isn't especially fast or hard-hitting on the special-side, so maybe Naive/Hasty depending on which Defense you're willing to sacrifice? On the other hand, support mixed walls usually run -Speed, and then your choice of bulk, normally Relaxed.

I don't think there's a single nature that will be good for both a fast mixed TTar and a slow mixed TTar, it would be better to breed 2 separate ones. Your mixed attacker TTar sounds like Tyraniboah from Gen 3.

Mixed Scarf: Naive/Hasty
Mixed Attacker: Mild/Lonely
Support: Relaxed/Sassy/Quiet/Brave
Choice Band: Adamant, switch to all physical moves (Rock Slide, Crunch, Ice Punch/Superpower/Earthquake/Pursuit)
>>
>>29451784
oh WHAT?

and you cant trade over pokemon from oras?
>>
>>29451784
>not being able to trade directly between current gen games
wew
>>
>>29451816
You're retarded
>>
>>29451587
>Rock slide
>icebeam
>fireblast
>dark pulse/crunch/superpower
What's the point of this shit
Tyranitar learns Stone Miss, Ice Punch and Fire Punch that come off its higher attack and don't require you to split your evs
>>
>>29451587
>the worst pseudo is my favorite pokemon
Awful taste.
>>
>>29452264
Not OP, but Tyranitar can't be the worst pseudo when Dragonite and GOODRA exist. also T-tar is my favorite Pokemon too
>>
>>29451587
Tyranitar won't be available until January. Anyways, DD/Scarf/Band Ttar pretty much all use Jolly. Also why the FUCK would you put special moves on a choice band ttar.

Don't try making your own sets until you understand why the standard ones are standard. Just go to Smogon and copy their battlespot spreads. They also have a thread for battlespot cores that has what is IMO the overall best battlespot core, Tyranitar/Salamence/Excadrill.
>>
>>29452311
Anyone who thinks Ttar is even slightly bad is retarded. Smogon did an event awhile back where they held tournaments in all of their OU formats from gen 1 to 6. Tyranitar was top 3 in every gen since 2.

Tyranitar has a retardedly good offensive typing especially since steel was nerfed. Tyranitar has a great stat spread, it has a mega, it has auto sand which since gen 4 gives it 50% extra sdef.

Scarf it, band it, assault vest sets, smooth stone, DD, mega, ect, ect. There are very few pokemon out there that are half as versatile.
>>
>>29452264
Tyranitar was a powerhouse 20 years ago in GSC
>>
File: 1476038445143.jpg (24KB, 366x286px) Image search: [Google]
1476038445143.jpg
24KB, 366x286px
>>29452264
>not liking the best pseudo
>>
>>29452437
Tyranitar was actually at his worst in GSC and got progressively better with every gen.

Again, he is basically top tier in every single meta except some years of VGC.
>>
OP here

I'm fully aware of the fact that Tyranitar should use physical moves, I've used all kinds of tyranitars I just think it would be cool if he could effectively use some special attacks.
>>
>>29451587
>>29452640
Here's a set that was used in the gen 5 meta. It's probably not super viable

TTar @ focus sash
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Mild
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam
-Sneaky Pebbles

I've been trying to hatch a shiny larvitar for a few days, was gonna give it this set until I pussed out yesterday and switched to hatching adamant ones. Maybe you can do what I couldn't
>>
File: download (6).jpg (15KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
15KB, 189x267px
What do you think you about a trick room that?

Sub punch?

Not completely relevant but I ran a mixtar with thunder back when politics were everywhere. Those were good times
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.