[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Name one thng you can admit your favourite Region did the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

I love Johto to death but it has the worst professor. Tied with Birch, though Hoenn isnt one of my favourites
>>
File: nose.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
nose.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>29448010
I love Hoenn but it brought this sorry piece of shit into existence (I know that that's Probopass who's from Sinnoh if Hoenn didn't make Nosepass hapen Probopass wouldn't exist either so it's indirectly responsible, okay?)
...real talk though the Elite Four never get harder. They just stayed at level 45-50 no matter how many times you beat them. They at least changed that in ORAS, but that game has some SERIOUS issues of its own. Still can't help but like Hoenn, though.
>>
>>29448010
Platinum's Sinnoh. The only thing it did the worst was somehow not get a remake (until March 2018 anyway).
>>
>>29448010
I loved gen 2 but the mons were terribly bland besides Murkrow.
>>
>>29448369
I think Gen 2 has top tier designs but they arent very good competitively.

>>29448220
Generations made me able to appreciate Probopass
>>
>>29448323
That's cheating
>>
>>29448010
Sinnohfag here.
TOO MANY FUCKING HMS
WHY DOES DEFOG EVEN EXIST HOLY FUCK IF IT'S ONLY USED IN ONE ROUTE AND IS COMPLETELY USELESS IN BATTLE FOR LIKE TWO GENERATIONS
WHY WOULD YOU ADD ROCK CLIMB AS WELL IT'S JUST A WORSE VERSION OF STRENGTH
>>
>>29448858
This. I love sinnoh but the HMs especially in victory road were terrible
>>
>>29448858
>>29448884
I like Rock Climb from an exploration standpoint as a way to open up new areas. Well, I loved the Rock Climb places in Johto. In Sinnoh it was shit.

And yes, Sinnoh has the worst Victory Road.
>>
>>29448010
Johto's leveling is fucked. Everything in the main game is too easy, and the main game has way too high of levels when the highest thing you can reliably grind off is level 40 Tangelas and other shit in Mt Silver.

How the hell am I supposed to step to Red with those weak ass mons, man?
>>
Gen V:

Its Pokémon all evolve really, really late, sometimes for seemingly no reason. Even standard fair mons take a long time, like Litwick, Golett, and Pawniard. Really?

And another: The "low health" theme. Completely ruined the battles. Luckily they learned from their mistake, miraculously, and added the beeping that goes away in gen 6. Much better.
>>
I like pretty much all gens, though. Should I say something bad about all of them, or the ones I played most recently?
>>
BW always has someond to stop you at every possible moment, at least once per city. You fight Cheren and Bianca way too many times. Level up evos are fucked (Mienshao, Bisharp, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Klinklang, Reuniclus, FUCKING HYDREIGON etc.)
>>
I recently tried to play White again and eugh

NPCs keep interrupting you everytime you step into a new town or route. People often complain about X & Y's NPCs doing this but in Gen V it feels a lot more tiresome due to how much more the game relies on a plot.

The worst offenders are the Dream World scientist (why can't that one be skipped? DW doesn't matter to the story) and Chargestone Cave.

It's probably not as bad as I'm making it out to be but there are times when you're forced to do shit you don't care about and don't progress the plot at all (I heard Pokestar Studios is this for the sequels).

Also like TopKec mentioned the leveling for new mons is absolute shit. Someone once pointed out you can have a Garchomp long before Deino even gets to evolve. It's that bad. If Gen V has Gen VI's Share EXP this wouldn't be that much of an issue but the grinding in Gen V is absolute pain so it's worse.
>>
>>29449218
The post game has too high of levels. I've been having a serious problem with repeating words while typing lately when I actually mean to say different things.
>>
>>29448010
Do people honestly remember the professors besides Oak? I sure as hell don't.
>>
File: Birch.png (158KB, 650x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Birch.png
158KB, 650x1101px
>>29449414
I remember Birch for this particular encounter.
>>
>>29449218
To be fair, HGSS did make Mt Silver have a lot of Level 50 mons

>>29449246
I may be the only person who has the low health theme as one of my favourites

>>29449267
You dont have a favourite? Choose any you like. Most recent is fine

>>29449414
Rowan told off the evil team like a badass motherfucker and Juniper pretty much followed you the whole game
>>
>>29449414
Rowan was memorable because he was funny but straight faced but besides that no.
>>
File: syc.jpg (127KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
syc.jpg
127KB, 500x180px
>>29449414
I remember Sycamore and will probably remember Kukui, but that's about it.
>>
>>29449414
Rowan was memorable because he wore my fucking thumb out having to press past his dialogue. Younger me was stupid and wanted to see if I could get out of doing the pokedex.
>>
Gen 4 is my favorite but holy fuck is it slow. I attempted to play some platinum to pass the time until SM comes out but I stopped at the elite four because my team was underleveled and I didn't feel like slogging through the grind.
>>
Some Johto mons are really damn rare. I ended up headbutting 300 or 400 trees just to get Heracross.
>>
>>29449650
I just finished Platinum today. I didn't find the grind bad at all. Get yourself a lucky egg and coast on through. High 40s to mid 50s is more than enough to beat the league.
>>
Sinnoh is my favorite region, but it was horribly slow. The HMs were also annoying, since it added yet another normal-type move.
>>
It doesn't have very good selection early on. Later on you get some nice wild pokemon but you're stuck with shit like Patrat and Lillipup for way too long.
>>
>>29449703
This. Fucking Dunsparce.
>>
>>29449842
Why would you want a yellow useless snake?
>>
>>29449856
Didnt you hear anon. We have to catch 'em all.
>>
File: smopinions.jpg (493KB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
smopinions.jpg
493KB, 2560x2560px
>>29448010
I love Unova but the fucking plot in both B/W and B2/W2 looks like a wattpad fanfiction with all that unnecessary dialogue and everyone glorifying you when there are at least forty trainers better than you in Victory Road when you start the game.

Pic related but also not that related
>>
>>29449703
>>29449842
Im glad this was changed in the remake. The oml;y mons still super rare are Yanma and Snubbul. but there's swarms for those
>>
>>29449992
kys
>>
Hoenn and Sinnoh are tied for favorite region for me. Are we talking about what we dislike about the regions specifically, like the geography and layout? Or aspects from their respective games in general?

Original Hoenn got rid of the day/night cycle, and remake Hoenn fucked up Mauville City.

Sinnoh thought it would be a great idea to have TWO forms of can't-see-shit conditions, in both dark caves and fog, only you can't just feel your way through fog, because it lowers accuracy in battle.

Surprisingly, the things that people usually dislike these regions for are pluses for me, because I'm some kind of weird contrarian or something.
>>
Unova

No L=A. The only true negative I had with gen 5
>>
>>29448010
not enough new 'mons
that's my main issue with Johto aside from level curve
>>
>>29451394
Stuff like the geography or characters or music was my intention, but thats fine too

I dont LOVE Mallville, but Ia appreciate the change as the old one was boring
>>
>>29452132
Classic Mauville is much less of a hassle to travel through, AND it has the Game Corner. The revamped Mauville is trying to be Lumiose 2.0 and it sucks. And I think the concept of one city being just a gigantic building is kind of lame, personally. It makes it feel more like a mall in the middle of nowhere than a city.
>>
I love Johto, but Slugma, Houndour, Murkrow and Misdreavous only being catchable after the Elite 4 is just silly.
>>
>>29452181
Its trying to be Lumiose but it was at least better. No Game Corner sucks though desu, the only version Ive ever really played regularly was the one in HGSS
>>
>>29448010
>Gen 2
Awful distribution of new pokemon. Gym leaders having mostly kanto pokemon when there were enough gen 2 pokemon to give them proper teams (or at least aces) was just stupid.

Though back in the day it was exciting because running into a pokemon you had never seen before was hype as fuck. But it's really annoying when replaying it nowadays.
>>
>>29452488
It makes a lot more sense when you realize that Gold and Silver were originally intended to be "Pokemon 2" basically; a lot of gen 2 Pokemon were intended to be in gen 1 but saved for later, and the series was supposed to stop after GS. So considering there was no generational pattern down yet, and there almost wasn't one at all, it makes sense for gen 2's new Pokemon to just feel like an add-on, or a batch of extras, rather than its own full-fledged experience.

At least I'm pretty sure that was the intent, considering work on the gen 2 games was probably well under way before Pokemon became the global sensation that it did, and then it was at that point that more games were ordered by Nintendo.
>>
>>29448010
The Whirl Islands and Mt. Mortar always leave me wanting to explore more. I just wish that there was a little more content in both.
>>
>>29448010
>Gen 3:

-Trumpets out the ass
- no post-game region

>>29448220
I hate Kikepass so much.
>>
>>29448010
Hoenn is my favourite but God damn that plot was fucking dumb compared to what we've seen since.
Literally why would you want to flood/dry up the whole planet?
>>
Some of Unova's best Pokemon first forms like Deino, Rufflett, Vullaby aren't available until you beat the first 8 gyms
Hydreigon is one of my favorite designs and i still haven't used it in game because it's shit locations
>>
>>29448010
Team Galactic's designs were stupid. Not just the costumes, but the hair as well. They didn't look the least bit threatening. Cyrus was the only one with a decent design, the rest of them looked like total dorks.
>>
File: 1462151961552.jpg (302KB, 1572x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1462151961552.jpg
302KB, 1572x1241px
Gen 6

I liked a lot of the Pokemon, I liked fairy types and I gladly plugged away over 700 hours

However...

>Played Gen 3 enough times that I had issues with wanting to replay ORAS
>Removing the fucking Battle Frontier with that shitty hut
>Removing Safari Zones
>No replacement for the Gambling
>Changing Mauville like that
>How many rivals/friends in X/Y
>The stupid plot of X/Y that wasn't any good
>Mega Evolving

There is a lot to hate about it, But I did like a lot of stuff such as the Team Aqua/Magma designs, Inverse battling, bringing back some of my loved features such as diving and allowing me not to force a flying type on my team for Fly in ORAS.

I should fucking despise it, But it was just an acceptable game in a great franchise.

Also
>Gale of Darkness

Removing the whole plot twist of the game because it would have made people feel bad.

Not making a follow up game for Wii or Wii U
>>
>>29448010
I love Unova but I hate how BW2 is way easier than BW1
>>
>>29452799
>Removing the whole plot twist of the game because it would have made people feel bad.

I never heard anything like this. What was the original story?
>>
>>29452799
What was the removed plot twist in Gale of Darkness?
>>
>>29452718
>Literally why would you want to flood/dry up the whole planet?

shit like this makes me wish they'd just add Team Rocket for Hoenn and that Team Knock Off wouldn't even exist.

same for Team Galactic. shit teams, all of them.
Team Rocket masterrace.
>>
>>29452778
I know it's a JRPG for children we're talking about here, but I want more evil teams that look less like a gang of clowns or dorky cosplayers, and more like scary thugs or threatening masterminds.

I'm glad Team Skull has a more down to earth design to them. Sure they look silly, but at least they dress like real punks. More evidence that Aether are the real bad guys, since they look ridiculous, just like the past 3 evil teams.
>>
>>29452846
>>29452860
Not that anon, but supposedly the original plot had Wes as the leader of Cipher. He was just pretending to be good in Colosseum, his goal was to take over Cipher all along. Again, supposedly. I never saw any proof for this.

>>29452872
Team Aether being evil is so obvious I'm actually hoping that it won't be the true plot twist.
>>
>>29452911
Huh, I just looked it up and apparently that's just a theory some LPer had.
>>
Johto.
Worst level curve... can't catch any damn pokemon because you one-shot them after Goldenrod.
>>
>Hoenn
Too much water/water types in the last half
Remakes removed the Battle Frontier and the Game Corner

>>29452799
If you're referring to THAT rumor, it was one of those fake "DID YUO KOW GAYMING" things. Wes was never intended to be the villain of XD.
>>
>>29452911
Oh yeah, I do kind of remember hearing something like that. I wish they kept it.

I think I'd be disappointed if it's not true. It'd feel like a waste for Aether to even exist, in that case. Plus I love the fuck out of Guzma, and am really hoping for an Enemy-of-an-Enemy-is-my-Friend situation, possibly a doubles battle with you and him (or Plumeria) against some Aether guys.
>>
>>29452953
Also, I pretty much want the player to become one of Plumeria's cute little siblings. I'd love to see Team Skull have a total turnover and for them to become your personal army of bros.
>>
>>29452953
Eh, apparently it wasn't true anyway, so eh.

Oh, I'm sure they'll be villains, I'm just hoping that it will be used to hide the real big twist. Like, the game makes it look like Aether being evil is going to be a twist, when we all see it coming, only to blindside us with an even bigger twist, like "Surprise, we rused you by making you think this was the ruse when we had an actual, even bigger ruse!"

Fighting alongside Guzma against Aether or the UBs would fucking amazing though.
>>
File: hoenn.jpg (216KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.jpg
216KB, 1200x800px
>>29448010

It's not that there was too much water, it's that there were too few water pokemon.
There needed to be way more than wingull/pelipper/tentacool/tentacruel as encounters while surfing, and variations in the encounter tables between routes.
>>
>>29452979
>I pretty much want the player to become one of Plumeria's cute little siblings

>Team Skull becomes an army of bros
I would actually love that.
>>
They have hands down the worst evil team. Even worse, their retarded plan actually would have worked, but Celebi decided to do a time paradox and drag you back to face Giovanni before he could go and save his gang fron you
>>
>>29448010
johtos my favorite but the level scaling is just so awful
>>
>>29448010
Johto:
Fucking taking out Cerulean Cave, Level Nerf in the remake, the Low-ass Level cap on Mt. Silver overall, the underusage of HM08 (Rock Climb), The underusage of Whirlpool and not realizing the potential for Dive, the so-called expansion of the route for the safari zone, Dark Cave's, and Union Cave's potential not being realized, the ridiculous movesets on some of these E4s... The hidden ability on Typhlosion... Need I go on?
>>
>>29448010
I was going to say that the leveling curve in Johto is all around trash, but that's an overly stated criticism of it. Elm being kind of weak is a fair point however. I can agree. Johto will always have a warm, cozy, nostalgic-as-fuck place in my heart however.
>>
> Hoenn
> 8 different HMs
> need 3 different HM slaves with me at all times
>>
Unova-

The themes that play when a trainer meets you before the fight are REALLY annoying.
>>
I love Unova and I'll defend it to the end but it brings the absolute worst of shitposters from both sides, specially falseflaggers.
>>
>>29448010
I really, really enjoyed Kalos, but the difficulty let it down. I still love it tho.
>>
File: IMG_2121.png (200KB, 640x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2121.png
200KB, 640x549px
>>29449246
I really miss the whole "last Pokémon, let's strike up the series theme" thing that Gen V did.
>>
Johoto is comfy to walk around, which why I love it but the Pokemon distribution is awful. It's Gen I shit Mona or evolve via trade or stone mons. Evolve via stone shouldn't be a problem but it is when you can only win them on 2 days of the week and you're given them at random
>>
>>29449414
Burch and Elm are the only ones I forget ever existed
Rowan was a stoic badass
Juniper was a grill and wouldn't stop ringing you every time you went to a new town
Secymor is hot (No homo)
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.