[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we're going to have Ash in the games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Why cant it be classic Ash Ketchum? Fuck whatever new shit ashnime fags clamor over, I would actually be pretty psyched to see this classic badass from the 90s and his disobedient charizard before he started listening for stupid plot reasons

It would be funny if you met, say, an older Brock and Misty who look like themselves but their names aren't exactly dropped, who end up directing you to an older Ash, but in a sort of "Kanto only" continuity where he has the evolved forms of his classic main team and never dropped the classic "L" hat.

It'd really help for that classic feel these games are clearly trying to get for new kids.

I think the games have done a fantastic job at appealing to children and adults alike, but a classic yesteryear Ash would be a beautiful and welcome addition.

But seriously any later Ash's would be pretty forced and annoying, I'm pretty sure no one outside of japan even recognizes the latest adaptations of Ash.
>>
>Ash in the games

pls no.
GF can keep him as unused assets.
>>
ARORA
>>
>>29442433
RUCHARITTEN
>>
>anime wank is okay if it's pandering to me and my nostalgia
>>
>>29442310
Old Ketchum is a garbage hotheaded kid that is both retarded and way too immature. Only nostalgiashitters thinks he's the best.
>>
>>29442480
It's pandering either way.
>>
>>29442310
It might mean they'll let go of Ash after this and this Ash will represent him through the years, so they'll pick one defining team.

What would it be?

I'm gonna bet the 3 big starters and Pikachu at the least.

Pikachu
Sceptile
Charizard
Ash-Greninja

and 2 other prominent ones, like potentially Infernape or just 2 whose types don't overlap with the above.
>>
>>29442567
>Aroran Champion
>none of his Pokemon are from Alola
>>
File: 1439682456376.gif (496KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1439682456376.gif
496KB, 500x455px
>>29442310
>classic ash
>badass
>>
File: IMG_0965.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0965.png
456KB, 804x876px
>badass
>>
>>29442310
AG Ash > DP Ash = XY Ash > OS Ash >>>>> BW Ash
>>
>>29442587
None of Lance's are from Johto, plus Ash-Greninja is Gen 7.

Also maybe they'd do 1 from each Gen since 6, so Infernape over Charizard in that case.
>>
>Ash
>badass

I know that I'm browsing autism-centrail right now, but goddamn.
>>
File: 1465724675700.png (498KB, 1021x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1465724675700.png
498KB, 1021x1239px
>>29442310
If we're going to have Ash in the games, he better have fucked Serena and made an honest woman out of her.
>>
>>29442480
>>29442487
Are we really doing this? Going to pretend that the classic anime is bad just because all the following seasons shat on its memory?
He had the best character, best chemistry with his team, best strategies, best personality, and he was one of the few anime characters who's dub voice was spot on.
>>
File: IMG_1647.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1647.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>29442689
>best strategies
>>
>>29442567
>It might mean they'll let go of Ash after this
>after they just blew the perfect chance to

You people never fucking learn.
>>
>>29442708
Not an argument

Its a hell of a lot easier to get a normie to sit and watch the classic dub than any of the new anime sub or dub.
Me and my friends drink to the indigo league episodes, but they'd think I'm some faggot if I put on XYZ
>>
>>29442689
Off yourself OP. You are just wasting space that another thread could be using.
>>
>>29442722
The perfect chance is in Alola with his claiming champion there. This thread hinges on that. If you can't read in between the lines, you're just going to work yourself up for no reason.
>>
>>29442310
We're not getting Ash in the games, for fuck's sake. Anyone who thinks this is retarded.
>>
>>29442689
Best strategy best chemistry...

I'll give you that OS is better than DP and fox sport with Brock as main commentator and Dawn as celebrity guest... Seriously in all of DP this was the only time they exchanged more than 3 sentences...

But OS is kinda bad, Ash gets handed out a lot of his badges and jobs harder than in Unova... Yes it is hard to believe but a sleeping Pokémon isn't a Koed one.
>>
>>29442761
There's no Champion or League in Alola. The Island Challenge is a right of passage that any 11-year-old can attempt and complete.
>>
>>29442765
Then why did GAMEFREAK themselves trademark "Satoshi" recently?
>>
>>29442765
Yeah dude and Ash-Greninja is anime-only.
>>
File: 1440902881313.jpg (61KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440902881313.jpg
61KB, 720x1024px
>>29442689
I know you're only pretending, but
>the best character
He was a shithead loser who fought with anyone who even slightly disagreed with him and got into trouble because of his dickishness. If getting his ass kicked for being a retard is a good character, then you might have a point

>best chemistry with his team
Of his "team", only Charizard and Pikachu had personalities outside of their debut episode (and maybe Island of the Giant Pokemon), and Pidgeotto never had a personality. There was nothing to have chemistry with. Compared to how bro he was with his team in XY, he never loved his OS team.

>best strategies
What strategy?

>best personality
This is the same as saying 'best character'

>dub
Only because you grew up with it. Dub Ash was, is, and always will be shit, no matter who does the voice.
>>
>>29442799
What role would Ash even play? The most it could possibly be is a cameo that won't matter.
>>
>>29442792
That means Ash has actually aged. Only one year but it's something.
>>
>>29442765

And you deluded yourself out of your headcanons from the second biggest ship in the Pokémon fleet marketing wise.

Ash is pretty much an institution at this point, and just as Canon as anything else in the franchise, this includes pokespe and its crucifixion and side games.
>>
>>29442689
You're that fucking fag that made like 5 of these nostalgiashitter threads at once for getting massively btfo in your first thread. Literally kys.

First thread: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29333894/

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29338848

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29341069
>>
>>29442799
Wasn't that trademark for merchandise in particular, not software as it would be if he actual was in the games?
>>
>>29442792
Champion is a loose term to mean the top dog in the entire game.

Trial Captains and Kahunas are just re-skinned and reordered Gym Leaders and Elite 4, respectively.
>>
>>29442799
It was a trademark for clothes dipshit
>>
>>29442839
Considering the Pikachu Models with his hats, I'd imagine he'll be a small battle event triggered with Greninja, and he'll offer to give your Pikachu a hat when you beat him.
Nothing amazing, especially since an actual battle would spoil his team for the kiddies, thus giving them no incentive to watch the anime until the main tournament.
>>
>>29442881
>implying you battle the Elite 4 throughout the game
>>
>>29442741
That's not an argument either. What does it have to do with having "the best strategies"? All it proves is that you and your friends watched the same show as a kid and like it. Not indicative of its quality.
>>
>>29442915
I literally said reordered, can you read?
>>
>>29442858
Jesus, OP needs to kill himself
>>
>>29442881
But he'll just end up being something that any Alolan 11-year-old could be. It's not a title or position like being League Champ.

>>29442908
So just a cameo battle? That's fine. I assumed people thought he would have an actual presence in the game or something. Or God forbid that he's your father or some other crap.
>>
>Ash in the games
Preorder cancelled. Keep the shitty ashnime out of the games.
>>
Bitch, if you care about the anime since it fucking got to the orange isle nonsense, and even before then as more then only a time waster, you should just kill yourself.

Its shit, it always was shit, and its always going to be shit.

Even in an era of shitty anime it stands above the others as being awful.
>>
>>29443016
t. I haven't watched it for 15 years but let me tell you why it's bad
>>
>>29442956
Well he's obviously not native to Alola. Would probably function a lot like Red in GSC. And the details aren't known, but he could be like how Blue/Gary stood to be your last challenge before beating everyone in the game, or he could be like Steven in Emerald hidden in the cave after the main events.
>>
>>29442919
I don't get where /vp/ gets the idea that people liking something isn't an indicator of quality
>>
>popped in a random pokemon vhs tape i found
>the pikachu special was really good and cute, animation is solid
>movies is dumb but redeemed by some really nice and fluid animation

This was the one with Entei being a really bad parent. Does pokemon still have decent animation and do they have more shorts like the pikachu brother one? (the narrator was kinda annoying the only flaw imo)

I would rather watch more like the pikachu shorts but have no idea where to start
>>
>>29443706
Except these friends probably liked it because they watched it as a kid, not because they're expert Pokemon anime masters who have watched all of the episodes and think it's the peak of Pokemon.
>>
>>29443066
depends. There were times in the old anime you can really tell the people behind it really enjoyed working with the source materiel.

I haven't watched the new season(xy) much, i don't like the art style for one it has that plastic soulless look to it and it did have some good fight scenes but the story is of course same old same old and the episode are pretty much the same and episodic as ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXcKquTfMo
Video related felt so good to watch, fluid, creative, fun.

I am not sure if they had more budget, better people working on these shorts, or whatever it was. It was solid. The older episodes could be pretty good, but its mostly boring and the animation is choppy especially later in

I feel like what suffers the most in pokemon aside from the rinse and repeat stories is its animation and art style.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.