[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luchalitten & Poppmaid thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_ofa6gt9rwJ1sgwefuo10_500.png (48KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofa6gt9rwJ1sgwefuo10_500.png
48KB, 500x292px
Easily the starters who get the most amount of undeserved hate. I don't get it, they easily have the most personality out any of starter in their type. I feel sorry for them, plus they have really great designs too.
>>
>>29437150
>>
File: 10000000.jpg (11KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
10000000.jpg
11KB, 400x426px
>>29437150
>most personality
>great designs
>>
File: 0KTskRm.gif (2MB, 338x237px) Image search: [Google]
0KTskRm.gif
2MB, 338x237px
>>29437230
>>
>>29437150
>the most personality out any of starter in their type
Only luchalitten has a 'personality'

Robinhoot is just another edgy pshh nothing personnel mon and popmaid is literally generic feminine pokemon #362
>>
File: image.png (33KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33KB, 300x279px
>>29437230
>>
>>29437257
Compared to other water starters it's a good shake up. Traditionally every water starter up to this point has been on the "masculine" side of things. It's nice to get something different.
>>
>>29437150
I just hope Luchalitten isn't Fire fighting.
>>
>>29437150
>they easily have the most personality out any of starter in their type
Oh yes, their personality is so deep that I'm touched every time I read their fanfiction.

>they have really great designs too
Eh, opinions.
>>
>>29437150
>the most personality
What a meme argument. I guess shit designs can now be redeemed if you present them with a chart with a few wacky XD faces

>really great designs too
Haha no

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>29437394
Why the designs bad.

Give me starter of theyre type that has more personality than them.
>>
>>29437394
>Haha no

Good rebuttal, obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>29437421
>Give me starter of theyre type that has more personality than them
Not that anon, but how do you even judge their personality in the first place? The dex entry? The design? The concept art? Headcanon?
>>
File: meme.png (13KB, 578x408px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
13KB, 578x408px
>>29437421
>LuchaLitten
Concept rehashed from every single Fire Starter bar Delphox since Gen 3, no joints, rubber arms, disproportional, might as well be a Space Jam with those looney tunes tier proportions

>Poppmaid
Barely looks like a sea lion anymore, seems like the theme was just adding all the possible aqua girly ship to a tear-drop shaped body, looks like a mermaid drawn by Dr.Seuss, if Dr. Seuss was a furfag

>Give me starter of theyre type that has more personality than them.
Everything has an indidivual personality you can assign to them. These are representatives of a Pokémon species, not stupid characters for them to have an hard-wired personality. And the whole "it has personality" it's a stupid meme argument because they are making churazy XD faces that you're reading too much into and because you know you can't defend them based on design.

Here's a chart of a Charizard making wacky faces. Now it has the personality you care so much about

>>29437449
COnsidering OP has show no reason why the designs are good, I am not obligated to offer a constructive rebuttal
>>
>>29437257
Anon. Is a snobby rich kid kind of mon. Dunno were you autist get the "ohbdah edge" out of him. I swear to god if it is about the hair..
>>
>>29437503
And those are just your opinions not objective reasons why they are bad. the same way I can say that those features are what make them great designs and add a nice cartoony effect to them that we haven't had in starters often.
>>
>>29437502
All of those things.

>>29437503
>Concept rehashed from every fire starter.

First off no. We have yet to have a Tiger fire starter so you're argument becomes invalid right there. Second, if you're going from the "fighter-esque" physicality of Luchalitten again, you're wrong. Luchalitten, (with what we can gather so far) is based on a heel wrestler. Other Fire type starters are REAL fighters. (With an exception of Tylphosion, Charizard, & Delphox) Pokémon who canonically know how to fight, while Luchalitten (again from what we know so far) is just powerful, and if the other information we have on it is any worth mentioning assyming it's true. It's based on a heel wrestlers. Heel wrestlers are more entertainers than they are fighters if anything.

Heel wrestler ≠ Fighter

Just because it stands on its two legs and has a physique of a "fighter" does not necessarily mean it's a rehash of the sane thing. It's the concept not the design that matter.

>Barely looks like a sea lion anymore

Are we looking at the same images? It looks like half sea lion mermaid hybrid. Still has a sea lion snout, still has seal flippers. You're blind anon.

>looks like a mermaid drawn by Dr.Seuss, if Dr. Seuss was a furfag

Again with this meme. You see a Dr. Seuss mermaid, I see a Pokémon.

>Here's a chart of a Charizard making wacky faces. Now it has the personality you care so much about

That's not how it works numbnuts. Personality is more than just whacky faces, it's also the design, the description, said characters actions, habits, etc. If you break it down Charizard is literally just the same dragon rehashed for the past several centuries. Now it's just branded under the Gamefreak trademark.

While Luchalitten look's like it has some personality and isn't just literally my mom's tiger.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 350x291px
>>29437503
>Barely looks like a sea lion anymore

It's literally a larger Popplio with hair. And even then, this is not the most drastic of evolutions at all.

>seems like the theme was just adding all the possible aqua girly ship to a tear-drop shaped body

No, it's still continuing Brionne's pop star theme. For example, the starfish and bubbles on its head resemble headphones.

>looks like a mermaid drawn by Dr.Seuss, if Dr. Seuss was a furfag

Oh, the furfag "argument". Well memed.
>>
>>29437750
>It's the concept not the design that matter.
Absolutely wrong. People care about designs. Only autists and people defending shit designs care about the concept more. "It has a concept" it's a meme cop-out excuse. As for the rest, an heel wrestler is still a wrestler. Emboar is a wrestler. A wrestler is a fighter. Emboar, Infernape and Blaziken are also fighters. They are also humanoid, so they all look very much alike. SO yes, LuchaLitten is a rehash of previous starters. Hell you can pretty much scrpt a Fire Starter generator, just add an animal + a fighting style + fire. Go nuts

>Still has a sea lion snout, still has seal flippers
The snout is too narrow to be from a sea lion. With no exageration it looks like actual furfag art. The flippers also don't look like a sea lion at all, especially the tail ones. It now looks like a fish.

>Personality is more than just whacky faces, it's also the design, the description, said characters actions, habits, etc
The only official thing you have about LuchaLitten is the looks, so for you to say personality is based on all that shit, that means you're headcannonin LuchaLitten to shit, thus your argument falls apart.

And once again "personality" is a meme argument that has nothing to do with an actual design. Having a piece of shit, and then having a piece of shit with one eyebrow raised in defiance does not make it better. And there's nothing wrong with "my mom's tiger" as long as it's more stylized than the toucan. Not every pokémon needs to be crammed with "epic references"
>>
>>29437750
>All of those things
Oh. Okay then.

Empoleon is a proud Pokemon that cares more about its horn than its country (of Piplup and Prinplup). However, because of this pride as well, it is willing to go the "cruel emperor" route to make sure its country is safe from anything that tries to threaten it. Even if it means tainting its flippers red.

Infernape is a Pokemon that values strength above all else. This is exaggerated (in-universe) to the point where people believe that elder Infernape is willing to fight against Arceus. However, it is weak against calming sound like Kommo-o's clanging scales.

There, as much personality, if not more than El Tigre/Poppmaid. More canon even considering that they do have their dex entry.
>>
>>29437869
They're humanoid but they don't even come close to sharing similar body types. that's like saying because they're humanoid, they look like Mr. Mime
>>
>>29437884
You know what's stupid, hardwiring personalities to Pokémon in first place. Not all humans share the same personality, I dunno why every Litten should be calm and cool. and autism-like and very assertive and all the other bullshit written on the page. I think pokémon should be left for the player to imagine a personality in them. If I want a shy peaceful Charizard, I feel like I should be allowed to imagine that way

>b-b-b-but Mankeys are always angry
General traits like being aggressive ≠ complete unchanging personalities
>>
>>29437989
What even stupider than that is the fact that each Pokemon do have their own nature, so mentioning any kind of personality in their dex entry is redundant, and more often than not contradicts the nature in the first place.
I get mentioning biological or general things like Empoleon being proud of its horn and Infernape having an unorthodox fighting style, but saying things like "this Pokemon has this personality" is seriously not needed.
>>
>>29437869
>Heel wrestlers are still wrestlers
While true there not entirely the same thing. Yes, both wrestle but it's they're roles within wrestling that makes them different. Heel wrestlers were literally created for entertainment purposes only to be ab antagonist for the "hero" wrestler. Point being, heel wrestlers are fake fighters meant to out on a show so the crowd can cheer on the real hero, not real fighters like actual wrestlers.

>Emboar is a wrestler.
No. Emboar is a chinese military commander as stated by the creator. http://web.archive.org/web/20101230153448/http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/sp/index5.html

>Not every pokémon needs to be crammed with "epic references"

Thats the point of almost every Pokémon clueless.
>>
>>29437645
I was talking about Robinhoot, not Dartrix.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.