[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bank will never let us just synchronize our dex to whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
>Bank will never let us just synchronize our dex to whatever it holds.

Why can't Gamefreak make it possible? It would encourage working with friends to complete the dex even more/let living dex holders complete it for themselves in new games or their friends games instantly.

That and we'd be able to recomplete our 6th gen dexes if we restarted the 6th gen games after converting our Pokemon to 7th gen data.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466769749110.jpg (55KB, 517x810px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466769749110.jpg
55KB, 517x810px
If you get a Datel PowerSaves or can backup and your game saves via a homebrew method, Pokebank is awesome for this.

>have living dex in Bank
>start new game
>put bank living dex in game, taking them out of Pokebank
>then backup game save, which now has living dex
>put living dex back in Bank
>restore game save you just made
>you now have living dex in both game and in the bank
>repeat for all games you want to do this to

It also makes mass cloning super easy for people who don't want to hack their save via PKHex or whatever.
>>
>>29436780
I wish we could trade directly from the bank. I hate not being able to trade in ORAS because the pokemon the other player is looking for is in the bank
>>
I don't understand why Transporter and Bank don't work with Gen IV games. I fucking hate the Gen IV to V transfer game. It would be a lot nicer to be able to move things directly from DPPtHGSS to Bank.
>>
>>29439144
gen 5 was coded with this feature in mind. GF had no clue about cloud storage in gen 4
>>
>>29436780
The Dex is part of "true" 100% of the game. Aka getting the highest rank of the trainer card.

They want you to work for it.
>>
>>29439253
No, it wasn't. PokeTransporter does all the work. Gen 5 was not programmed special. What made you assume that?
>>
>>29439291

I've already made a living dex though, I want the ability to use it to recomplete OR's dex instantly again after I use the living dex in SM in case I want to reset for more shiny legendaries.

Besides, they know only autists bother with dex completion at this point so it'd made doing it less time consuming which is right up Gamefreak's ally with their current mindset.

>>29439253

Actually I recall GF saying in early X/Y days that DS to 3DS was a bitch to do and had issues, that's why transporter can only handle box 1 from the 5th gen games.
>>
>>29439253
Wrong on both counts m8.

Game Freak has said in interviews that they first conceived of an online Pokémon storage system when Crystal was in development. In fact, the Japanese version of Crystal was the first Pokémon game with online capabilities, achieved via a mobile phone adapter.

And the gen 5 games don't have special coding that makes them compatible with Transporter (stop saying Bank, they're two different things). Transporter is nothing more than a limited save file editor, it reads from and writes to the save file on the DS game card. No special coding in the game is required because the game isn't even running while Transporter is. There's actually a homebrew save manager app that requires either Transporter or Dream Radar to function, and guess what - it works with ALL DS games, not just the gen 5 Pokémon games.
>>
>>29439418
>Besides, they know only autists bother with dex completion at this point so it'd made doing it less time consuming which is right up Gamefreak's ally with their current mindset.
Well then, its made that way for the autists
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.