[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No 3rd legendary so no sequel version for Sun Moon. Marshadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: Left_Only_one_mythical.png (47KB, 765x595px) Image search: [Google]
Left_Only_one_mythical.png
47KB, 765x595px
No 3rd legendary so no sequel version for Sun Moon.

Marshadow is the only one left for mythical Pokemon and it will be mascot for Pokemon movie 2017.

So Pokemon Sun Moon won't last long and Pokemon Gen 8 coming soon on Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>29428378
Gen VIII will probably be here in 2018.
>>
>>29428402

Totally agree with you.
>>
They'll probably give it a new form as well as add new variants/Megas in the inevitable DiaPer remake.
>>
>>29428402
That would make Gen VII the shortest generation ever.
>>
>>29428445
No duhh and it should be with only 70 pokemon.
>>
Maybe GF decided there was no more point of having a third legendary since they haven't done the "superior third version of a generation" gimmick since Gen 4.
>>
>>29428378
Zygarde
>>
>>29428402
Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something akin to Stadium on the Switch first either.
>>
Makes sense. Sun/Moon is almost like a "third version" for X and Y anyway with how they shoehorned Zygarde into it and the new mechanic they're shilling happens to have "Z" in its name.
>>
>>29428435
I'm just wondering how this gen will play out. Marshadow is probably the star of the 2017 movie. So after that, will we have DP remakes? Maybe instead of a new Mythical in the 2018 movie it'll be a special event Arceus with a unique form or some shit you couldn't get on old Arceus. Like with Battle Bond on a new Greninja or whatever.

It would still be a short gen, but I could see them padding it out by reusing Arceus instead of a new Mythical. I doubt they learned their lesson of hiding all Mythicals in the game, so I doubt they'll be releasing Pokemon no. 803 or whatever through DLC.
>>
Why are we getting a small amount of Pokemon since Gen 6?
>>
Honestly, those 3rd legendary versions often stretched out the generation, and while they traditionally don't sell as well as the original duo of that gen, I still think the purchase is well worth it due to the improvements the third version typically has; comparing DP to Pt, it's like day and night.
>>
>>29428445
Don't forget about the Diamond and Pearl remakes
>>
>>29428595

So Gen 8 and 9 can each introduce around 100 Pokemon each and hit a nice even 1000.
>>
>>29428576
Yeah, pretty much is like a sequel. It's like they didn't know what to do with Zygarde until it was too late. and even then, we still don't really know what importance Zygarde will have in SM; it's a pretty forgettable legendary imo.
>>
>>29428572
SM definitely feels more like an "end-of-generation" game than the start of one. It has Zygarde forms, a Join Avenue clone, and tons of old characters returning. Masuda said that instead of Z they would tie things together in interesting ways, so I guess they decided that they would do an entire generation in place of the Z that never was.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gen VII is literally just here for two years, for the anniversary and for the deepest Marshadow lore in 2017.
>>
>>29428658
That's what has me bothered. There's a new set of starters, a typical "new generation" trademark. But with Zygarde there, and when you combine both the Kalos and Alola new Pokemon, you do get a sense of a full generation encompassing both XY and SM.

...maybe the Gen 6.5 theory isn't completely farfetch'd after all.
>>
>>29428576
Isn't SM meant to be like a GS to XY?
>>
>>29428724
In a way, yes. The golden sun and the silver moon.
And if we do somehow go back to Kalos in post-game, then it would definitely be very much like GS.
>>
>>29428595
I dunno, maybe they want to release smaller amounts of pokemon from now on since they've already got so many.
>>
>>29428765
>since they've already got so many.
I will always disagree with this excuse. Fans who have kept up, players who haven't played in awhile, and especially newbies--the brain can store away tons of information in a short amount of time.
>>
Gen 7 will last at least for 3 years
>>
>>29428572
>something akin to Stadium on the Switch first
Sooo a main series game?
>>
>>29428902

The next mainline games will almost surely be on Switch. Gen 7 will likely just be S/M, with DP remakes after the first games of gen 8.
>>
>>29428957
>Stadium
>main series
>>
>>29428717
I do think 6.5fags had a point. It's basically the end of Gen VI but it's also a new generation. It's clearly gen VII, but it feels like a continuation. Even more than GSC did to RBY.
>>
>>29428964
I don't see that happening, I think we'll get the remakes on the 3DS

Not to mention that OP seems to have it in his mind that the next year movie will focus on Marshadow when it could really focus on Solgaleo and Lunala or even Ultra Beasts
>>
>>29428972
Hey, I still want a proper Snap 2. Pokefinder is good and all, but that framerate drop is really depressing.
>>
>>29429020
So you're saying
>2017
Ultra Beasts movie (distribution could be to the game they aren't normally exclusive to, like an Absorption distro to Moon)

Potential DP remakes?
>2018
Marshadow movie, hints on Gen VIII

>2019
Movie about some Gen VIII mon
>>
>>29428631
Gen 5 didn't get the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, though.
>>
>>29428378

What is Zygarde if not 3rd legend?

It's obviously plot important.
>>
>>29428572
Battle Revolution 2 please.
>>
File: giratina-origin.jpg (44KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
giratina-origin.jpg
44KB, 300x277px
We're going to have a third version again and Marshadow will have a new form for it similar to Giratina in Platinum and be the box mascot.

It'll work out nicely for GameFreak because people who would have held out for a third version are just going to buy S/M expecting there to not be one, and then feel like they're missing out by not playing the third version. More money via subverted expectations.
>>
>>29428647
the 1000 meme is pure autism at work desu but i would like it to be a nice round 1000 for a gen too
>>
>>29429400
gen 10 and 11 combine to have 234 new Pokémon
>>
>>29428378
I think and want gen 8 to start in late 2017 or early 2018. I just want HD pokemon to come faster
>>
>>29429342
>We're going to have a third version again and Marshadow will have a new form for it similar to Giratina in Platinum and be the box mascot.

Giratina is legendary Pokemon
Marshadow is mythical Pokemon
>>
File: image.png (19KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 256x256px
Something just occurred to me. Has anyone considered the possibility of one or two of the last Ultra Beasts to be given away like a mythical? After all, we do have a lot of UBs, which in many ways is basically a legendary, ultimately giving us the most legends ever in a generation. I know mythicals go at the end of the pokedex, but consider maybe they just wanted all UBs grouped together. Just a thought that doesn't seem to farfetch'd
>>
>>29430043

Mythical Pokemon is a tie in for promote movie. No kid gonna watch movie if Ultra Beast is mythical because Ultra Beast is obviously ugly and weird design.
>>
Makes you wonder how many UBs will be event locked.
>>
The 2017 Pokemon movie will feature 7 different Ash's from 7 "similar" Pokemon world's all teaming up together to battle the Ultra Beasts. For the movie, all of Ash's Pikachu's will be distributed as events.

The 2018 movie will feature Marshadow and its new form, as well as a Gen 8 Pokemon.

The next generation will follow suit after that.
>>
>>29430765
Find this message a few years from now.
>>
Next year's movie bonus will be the Ash-Pikachus to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the anime, 2018 will be Marshadow, 2019 will be Gen 8's Manaphy/Zoroark/Magearna.
>>
Forgot to add that the 2017 movie is actually two movies at the same time set 12 hours apart.

One movie has Lunala and the other movie has Solgaleo. The ultra beasts in each movie are different as well.

Think similarly to how the Black/white double movie was
>>
>>29430043
>>29430698
I don't think any of them are event locked. If that were the case they would put it after Magearna in the dex. Event legendaries are ordered in the order they distribute them.
>>
Isn't the leaked dex only regional?
>>
>>29430940
the images are regional but they also got text data for both the regional and national dexes.

http://pastebin.com/hezpWAJj
http://pastebin.com/2HuqrDgj
>>
>>29429342
>>29429738
I feel like if we are getting a third version, we'd be getting a more Zygarde central game. Pokemon Sun, Moon and Earth. I can see that being a thing.
>>
>>29428592
>movie
>it's an "Ash and friends see a new exchange student pokemon in class"
>>
>>29428441

>ReBl
>GoSi
>RubSap
>DiaPer
>BlaWhi
>SuMo
>ReDt
>>
Don't forget Ultra Beasts, just because there isn't a flood of mythical pokemon doesn't mean a gen is super short. They might do something special for next year given it's 20th anniversary of the anime and 20th anime movie (so maybe some crazy movie with every legendary so far and a tease of Marshadow) with 2018 being Marshadow's and 2019 being a new mythical pokemon for the upcoming gen. Sides it wouldn't make sense for them to make the jump in 2018 given how the Switch has been having numerous issues, so a cheaper option of it would probably have the same kind, and if they just go ahead and say screw it they might make really really bad games. So I'm thinking some 20th anniversary version of Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2 like Stadium Forever or some shit this year for the Switch, next year DP remakes maybe with a port to the Switch, the typical now PMD game for the new console to test the waters and 2019 Gen 8 with Gen 2 Virtual Consoles games and probably Megas or and or Variants for Gen 2 Pokemon if not in the DP Remakes.

Cause let's face it once people get their heads out of their ass they'll realize that this whole hyper-focusing on Megas fucked them over when people are spamming Hyper Beam Pixilate Sylveons and shit. Like seriously all they needed to do was keep GF on top of nerfing some megas or whatever but now we have it where Talonflames just well asking for it and Kang's barely less powerful when people can transfer ones with PuP in to still harass people on battle spot lol.
>>
PLUS it's been super common for Game Freak/Nintendo to wait 2.5 years before releasing new gen games on a new console. And it makes sense cause that gives Nintendo time to fix bugs cause if it wasn't for Pokemon let's face it with only Mario and the small and devoted crowds of Zelda and Kirby for homeboy games the 3DS wouldn't do as hot. Pokemon literally sells these consoles and if the games are way way way too crappy well the consoles don't sell.
>>
Pokemon Z and Gen 8 are next.
>>
>>29428655
I hope they go back to Kalos in some future game and fix all the shit they fucked up. The power plant, AZ storyline, AZ Floette, Zygarde shit. The next Euro region should let you go to Kalos.
>>
>>29428552
>>29429283

Xerneus is 716, Yveltal is 717, Zygarde is 718 , Zygarde is 3rd legendary for XY(gen 6)

Solgaleo is 789, Lunala is 790 and there is no 3rd legendary for Sun Moon(gen 7)
>>
>>29428402
Possibly even late 2017!
>>
>>29433599
Landorus is now unrelated to the other genies, Victini is related to the 4th gen legendaries. Cross-gen evo's have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>29435375
Wait, Landorus and Victini are Gen IV mons?
>>
>>29433599
Zygarde is obviously supposed to represent order (Life/Death duo) and the Earth (Sun/Moon duo). It's basically supposed to be the master of both of these duos. Look at the colors in Prefect Zygarde's mouth chest, red, orange, light blue and deep blue, X/Y/S/M.
>>
>>29428378
Seems fairly reasonable, but the 3DS will go back to no man's land within a few months of 2017 and wallowing in stagnation for that long isn't going to be good for anybody. Gamefreak will have to make use of whatever they have immediately, and with no other handheld in sight, what are you going to do?
>>
We can still get a third version, they'll just have to get creative with what they decide on as the cover Legendary. They could always use Zygarde or Silvally or something.
>>
Pokemon Movie 2017: Solgaleo and Lunala vs the Ultra Beasts

Pokemon Movie 2018: Marshadow and a Gen 8 Mythical
>>
I'm convinced the 3rd game will be a Switch game and serve as the 3rd version for Sun/Moon and X/Y with both regions
>>
>>29428378
Nah marshadow the 3rd legendary
Magearna the mithical and we will see more event legendaries once the full games are datamined
>>
I don't think we'll get DP remakes for a while. Weren't there a few RSE references in the BW games that could be counted as teasing?
>>
>>29436584
Yeah, I remember the BW Elite Four theme sampling the RSE Elite Four theme and people going batshit with HOENN CONFIRMED. It's just references in all likelihood, and I don't expect DP remakes until Gen 8. With how they're moving into shorter Gens now and Masuda saying they wanted to slow down on the amount of new mons introduced each Gen I feel like we're going to settle into a pattern of 'new Gen on new hardware with remakes' to 'new Gen on same hardware with no remakes'. So we get two Gens on each console and the second one is always shorter but highly updated.
>>
>>29430806
pls no, I want muh exclusive manaphy
>>
>>29428759
Now I'll have that opening stuck in my head all day.
>>
>>29436558
We have all the Pokemon, gaurunteed.
Stay in denial
>>
>m-muh movies

>potential Solgaleo/Lunala movie - 2017
>potential Guardian Deities/UBs movies - 2018 and 2019
>Marshadow - 2020

Gen 7 has at least four more movies to squeeze out of if they want to. Stop this meme. Gen 8 isn't coming soon.
>>
>>29428536
Gen 6 had less and lasted 4 years. I think we will see more gen VII games on 3DS in early 2018 and Gen 8 on Switch only as late as end of 2019-early 2020.
>>
>>29435655
>They could always use Zygarde or Silvally or something.

Silvally? Are you serious?
>>
>>29437226
It lasted 3 years as of this month
>>
File: oeia14ohvyZXVZECciH-o.gif (690KB, 221x166px) Image search: [Google]
oeia14ohvyZXVZECciH-o.gif
690KB, 221x166px
>>29437226
>Gen 6 had less and lasted 4 years.

Gen 6(Pokemon XY) release October 12, 2013
Gen 7(Pokemon SunMoon) release November 18, 2016

lasted 4 years ?????????????????
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.