[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Counters/Checks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: mega_rayquaza.png (180KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega_rayquaza.png
180KB, 400x480px
Is it true that Electivire and Hydreigon don't have counters or checks? If not, does anything not have either that isn't pic related?
>>
File: 1386190826274.png (102KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1386190826274.png
102KB, 362x362px
>>29425691
>Hydreigon
>no counters
>>
>>29425719
Iron tail
>>
>>29425691
Everything has a check or counter except mega ray. You just have to pull from other tiers some time.
>>
loads of things don't have counters nowadays. all that really means is it has decent offences and a wide movepool since the standard definition of a 'counter' is that nothing can reliably switch in AND kill it force it to switch out
>>
>>29425736
Scarf golduck for AG
>>
>>29425732
75% accuracy that 2HKO's something that only needs 1 hit to kill?
>>
>>29425800
A counter means the pokemon can switch into it any time and KO it back or heal like Slowbro and Mega Lopunny.
Sylveon is just a hard check.
>>
>>29425800
Can't switch in directly, IIRC Granbull has the same issue but for Flash Cannon
>>
>>29425691
I don't know about Hydreigon but there's a lot of stuff that can come in on even a supereffective hit from Electivire, take less than 50% and threaten a OHKO if it doesn't switch out.
>>
I don't think MegaLuke has any counters given its ridiculous movepool and dual attacking stats?
>>
>>29425943
The only Pokemon I know of that falls in that category is Hippowdon, even then it's not going to like taking two HP Ice/Grass
>>
>>29425691
There's nothing Electivire can do about a Hippowdon switch-in. It can throw down its strongest supereffective attack on a successfully predicted switch to Hippowdon and will deal less than 50%. Hippowdon has a guaranteed OHKO on Electivire. Donphan is probably in a similar if not identical position.
>>
>>29425991
I think Mega Luc can't handle Aegislash and non-Rocks Ho-Oh defensivey, offensively it can get revenged by a lot of scarf carriers
>>
File: 250px-464Rhyperior.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-464Rhyperior.png
53KB, 250x250px
On a similar note, I don't believe anything solidly checks CB Rhyperior defensively
>>
>>29425755
>Golduck switchs into Mega Fug
>Mega Fug used Dragon Ascent!
>Golduck fainted

not a counter.
>>
>>29426248
Its one of those dumb checks that only works in perfect conditions, like Shedinja for Kyogre
>>
>>29425992
>252+ SpA Life Orb Electivire Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 172-203 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Electivire: 330-390 (113.4 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not to mention that Electivire is more often than not a physical attacker (and Ice Punch at 252+ attack with life orb is still a 3HKO)
>>
>>29426316
I don't know of too many +SpA nature Electivires, i think even neutral nature is doing some nice damage

252 SpA Life Orb Electivire Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 159-187 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah it'll do it, i don't think it will enjoy it though
>>
>>29425691
Since most people on /vp/ don't even know what a check is, including op: A check is something that either can inconsistently switch in on a Pokemon to beat it, or can revenge kill it. An example of a check for Electivire would be Scarf Lando-T, which can't really take an LO Ice Punch, but it WOULD be a check. So yes, Evire, Hydreigon, and even MRay have a healthy list of checks. Nothing can't have a check unless its stats are just so huge that it's literally impossible to kill.

As far as COUNTERS go, I'm pretty sure bulky BD Azu counters Hydreigon because it has no way to 2HKO it through Sitrus Berry. Before Gen 6, Hydreigon had no counters (but Chansey was pretty close- you had to run a pretty terrible EV spread to hit the 2hko with rocks).

Electivire is a lot more trivial to counter. It's coverage is great but its speed and offensive stats are lackluster, it only has 1 STAB, and a lot of its coverage options are either on the wrong attacking stat or are low base power. Very bulky Pokemon that resists its STAB tend to just trump it entirely, and those Pokemon are also too bulky to fear Electivire's weaker coverage attacks. Hippowdown, Mega Latias, and Mega Venusaur are easy examples.
>>
>>29426459
Who the fuck checks MegaRay outside of some obscure bullshit like Cloud Nine Scarf Golduck?
>>
>>29426174
Rhyperior is slow as dick and loses to every water and grass-type in OU
>>
>>29426174
Bronzong probably.
>>29426511
>reading comprehension
>>
File: sMGarde.png (142KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
sMGarde.png
142KB, 1000x850px
>>29425691
>Hydreigon
>No checks or counters
top kek
>>
>>29426567
What reading comprehension? If Hippowdon and Le genie of muhmentum don't go without saying then you're retarded
>>
>>29426611
Except Hippowdon and meme genie aren't Grass or Water-type. The only Grass-type that can switch in is probably Ferrothorn. I doubt any Water-type can safely switch in on a CB Stone Edge or Earthquake.
>>
>>29426484
Cloud Nine Scarf Golduck isn't even a check.

MRay isn't even remotely close to unkillable. Arceus can check it with its own absurdly powerful Espeed with the bulk to tank Ray's, Lugia can survive hits with multiscale and use options like Toxic, Whirlwind, and Ice Beam to keep MRay out of the game. Most even remotely bulky fairy types can beat MRay if its unboosted and their moonblasts have enough power to kill it through Delta Stream thanks to the SpD drop and Stealth Rock.

In doubles, Fake Outs, Protects, and Rock Slides help mitigate Ray's power too, which is why we didn't see it as often as the primals in VGC.
>>
>>29426459
>As far as COUNTERS go, I'm pretty sure bulky BD Azu counters Hydreigon because it has no way to 2HKO
Charge Beam
>>
>>29426567
You'd have to run some weird build with max physical bulk and Grass Knot

>>29426676
I've heard that the reason it was slightly lesser in VGC was because it ticked BOTH the mega box and one of your allotted box legends
>>
>>29426681
As it turns out, Modest Specs does kill it (but LO Timid actually doesn't, so have fun being locked into Charge Beam).

>>29426741
Yes, it ticked the double box, it didn't help its utility and difficulty to counter in doubles are both lower than the primals.
>>
Well it all depends on hydreigons move set
It rarely runs iron tail
And never runs charge beam

The set it uses at the moment is
Roost
Taunt
Dark pulse
Dragon pulse (i think )

Hydreigon is still threatened out by many things
>>
>>29426681
>>29426811

Aight just to put this one to rest.

252+ Atk Choice Band Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Arceus-Fairy: 262-310 (59.1 - 69.9%)

252+ Atk Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Arceus-Fairy: 176-208 (39.7 - 46.9%)

252+ SpA Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 160-190 (36.1 - 42.8%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 238-282 (53.7 - 63.6%)

Not even an optimized spread. Outspeed Band/Specs for the Judgement KO, tanks Scarf for the Judgement KO. I'm sure there's SOMETHING less retardedly overbearing than Fairyceus that counters Hydreigon, but I'm too damn lazy to find it.
>>
>>29426879
taunt roost used to be really good since it just raped stall but nobody really uses it since sylveon dropped

the standard LO set is now roost/iron tail/dark pulse/draco
>>
>>29426811
It's a tad more flexible in Doubles Ubers and other formats its allowed in, then you come into the problem that its unusually vulnerable to being KO'd by whatever it can't reach immediately
>>
>>29425732
Way too risky to be reliable. If it hit harder or was faster sans the scarf, then this might be an option
>>
>>29427218
It's not the worst move out there, despite the mediocre accuracy

Didn't someone mention that it was getting boosted to 90 in S/M?
>>
>>29427218
It's not about being reliable it's about not being pushed out by fairies. When you have a wallbreaker you wanna punish every switch and it being unreliable means people won't know if you carry it or no so they'll boldly switch any fairy in.
>>
>>29426248
I 2HKO mega fugs with klefki, its something
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.