[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /vp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_ngt3ikbCfU1se9co4o1_500.png (3KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngt3ikbCfU1se9co4o1_500.png
3KB, 500x500px
is it feasible, with nothing but 1 3DS, to complete the national dex right now? (sans event legends)

>what games are necessary to do it? how many times would you have to play through each?

>given unlimited time, what's the cheapest way to do it without cheating?

>given unlimited money, what's the fastest way to do it without cheating or just buying somebody's living dex

how the fuck can I get the shiny charm is what I'm asking

am I doomed to just saying "fuck it" and cheating? what is nintendo doing right now to make it possible?
>>
>>29423439
i did it with one 3ds and GTS
>>
>>29423504
what games did you own? how did you manage to find things like one-of legendaries and roamers? or starters for that matter.
>>
If you can get lucky with one legendary you can trade that on. It wouldn't help for a living dex though.
>>
Bank + all 4 gen 6 games will let you catch everything except the event legendaries.

Granted that living dex will require SM soon enough.
>>
>>29423439
Just XY and ORAS probably. You'll probably need both versions of each game

If you don't consider trading with outsiders cheating, you can do it with a single copy of X or Y and unlimited time because eventually people on the GTS will accept offers

http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/unobtainable.shtml
The only thing intersecting between those two lists is the mythicals.
>>
>>29423439
I did it with a hacked 3DS, White 2 and X. I played every other pokemon game emulated except for Y which I just downloaded a .cia of. I used the ingame method to transfer Gen 3 to Gen 4 then used the PokeGen to transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 then injected that save into my physical cart of White 2. Bought Pokebank then transfered Gen 5 to Gen 6. Should work the same if you just have homebrew exploits too.
>>
>>29423544
Can you read? He said GTS
And Injecting
>>
>>29423697
[where the hell did you get a cia for Y? every one I tried fucked up and didn't work]
>>
>>29423720
Just download freeshop nigga, don't even worry about finding working cias
>>
>>29423439
I have every pokemon and just a 3DS with AS.
You know... online trading?
>>
I did it with a Pokemon Y and AS, and a friend with X and OR.
It's really not hard and you won't be needing the Mythicals/event mon to get the charm.
>>
>>29423720
I lied. I actually just used a friend's cart to catch the exclusive pokemon.
Have you tried freeShop or CIAngel?
>>
File: aaioNJM.jpg (299KB, 612x1169px) Image search: [Google]
aaioNJM.jpg
299KB, 612x1169px
Use the GTS. Get a fully evolved pokemon that's hard to get, like Crobat (who has time to max friendship?) and trade it for other fully evolved pokemon, like Kingdra, Dusknoir, etc. Then when you're done trade it in for low ranked Legnedary and work your way up.
>>
File: 250px-186Politoed.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-186Politoed.png
42KB, 250x250px
>>29423839
this.

you can catch politoed on route 19 despite the fact that it's a trade evolution. most people don't know this. you can chain fish on route 19, get lots of politoed, and trade them for anything.
>>
>>29423439
Yes, extremely feasible

Necessary games: OR, AS, X or Y. OR/AS are better due to larger number of legends on the cart, but XY are also nice to have.

Games that tend to make things easier: B2/W2 (transferring from below gen 5 is too much of a bitch to be worthwhile)

How to do it: Always keep your GTS slot full with something. Fill in the non-legends first. Then once you need the non-mythical legends, put other legends up for them. Run through BW2 to collect legends, you can get 10 or so legendaries per run through and can use these legendaries to trade your way to whatever you can't catch in your gen 6 game. Two runs through should produce enough extra legends to trade for all of them if you have OR or AS.

You can't trade event legends over GTS though, so you'll have to go trolling forums (knowing 90% of them are hacked and 10% are cloned) or wait for events to collect those. Or just cheat. They don't count towards the dex like non-mythicals do so you'll get shiny charm and a technically 'complete' dex whether or not you have Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Victini, Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo, Volcanion, Hoopa or Diancie.
>>
>>29423839
this chart is bullshit, the hoenn legends are way less valuable than the postgame ORAS legends because all of the kids are railroaded into them while the other legends you have to go looking for.
>>
>>29424079

Read the top, that chart was made in X/Y days.

The last game you could get the Hoenn legends for that was Hg/Ss.
>>
I finally finished my National Dex on Alpha Sapphire last week.

I used Pokebank, Pokemon X and the GTS

I used 1 3DS because I downloaded my games from the Eshop.
>>
File: 1471296136285.jpg (88KB, 400x326px) Image search: [Google]
1471296136285.jpg
88KB, 400x326px
>>29423439
>Catchable in map
Just catch them. Use a False Swipe Gallade in order to not faint them.

>Normally evolutionable
In X/Y you can use Battle Maison to grind both experience and money. Use $75,000 daily to rise your status to a "black label" (or whatever it's called). Stack that with a lucky egg and EXP O-Power. Then mash Audinos for around 10,000 ~ 20,000 EXP each. You'll have evolved Pokemon in no time.

>Pre-evolutionable
You can ask for a Ditto anywhere in Internet if you don't have one. Put that thing to work, get eggs; and stack a Talonflame/Magcargo + Hatching O-Power and use Lumiose city plaza to hatch them without making any effort.

>Evolutionable only with certain items (Electivire, Magmortar, etc.)
Grinding BP for those items is slow as fuck. See below.

>Not in game
>Legendaries
When I completed my living dex people couldn't resist legit Dragonites with Extreme Speed. Hatching a batch of five can take a while, but people in GTS are willing to hand you legendaries (like Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Mewtwo, Kyurem, etc) for one of those. Each trade can take about 30 minutes, so be patient.
If don't mind to lie, just catch Ditto and offer them in GTS saying it has 6IV.

The only thing that was left were the event legendaries, which some good person handed me in Internet.
>>
File: 1476701611206.png (41KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476701611206.png
41KB, 255x300px
>>29423439

Yeah it is doable, I actually just finished my Living National Dex, this morning. Kind of twice.

wanted all Pokemon and their evolutions, that could come from eggs, actually from eggs. used the GTS, with what I had before October, which was about 3/4 a Living National Dex and a Ditto.

Doing about a box a day hatching eggs starting from the First of October. Catching Legendaries and non egg pokes of course.

Have all 4 3ds games though and moved some event only Pokemon from previous gen games via poke transfer, but it was all done on one 3ds.

Good Luck.
>>
>>29423839
>>29423878
Not that guy, but how am i supposed to get the legendaries through the GTS if i don't have seen them? Just go to the cafe everyday and pray?
>>
>>29424538
You can input the name of the Pokemon you wish.
>>
>>29424565
Oh, shit, i thought i could only search by first letter, and pokemons i havent seen yet didn't shot up.

Thanks man!
>>
Does freeshop work on 2ds? How do it newfag here. Also if i use freeshop would the pokemon be eligible for trading though?
>>
>>29423439
just offer a zigzagoon for anything you need

gets em everytime
>>
I breed a shit ton of Pokemon and then wonder trade them all away. So by the time I decided to start my living Dex, I already had like 500 odd in my pokedex, it was just a matter of re arranging them and breeding for all the evo's. I completed it with just 1 3Ds and a copy of both AS and Y
>>
Anyone that has a living dex that didn't originate from Gen 3 is a bandwagon faggot, so you'll need every game since RS including Colosseum and XD
>>
>>29423439
Just use the GTS. Might take some time with legendaries but as long as you're willing to sacrifice some of your own you can basically just keep swapping them.
>>
>>29423439
Get pokebank and yes for sure if you have oras and y or x. Plus gts and you're set. People on gts are suckers for chancey porygon and feebas
>>
>>29425124
>tfw I almost got ho-oh in colosseum twice and both times the memory cards fucking shat themselves
>>
>>29423761
I have not. I have basic homebrew and nasa on 9.9. is freeshop a homebrew app?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.