[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is your region.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Alola-Region-Map.jpg (314KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Alola-Region-Map.jpg
314KB, 2048x1447px
From what you've seen so far, how're you liking it? Anything in particular?
>>
>>29422438
RIght now I'm floating between 7/10 and 8/10. Dont expect it to get much higher or lower than that.

Excited for Lush Jungle, Ecruteak and Olivine, the golf course and the black geysers on island 4
>>
Seems better than Kalos and Unova at lest.

Stiill it fails compared to Sinnoh and Jotho.
>>
It just seems to be way too small for my liking. The islands don't seem very fleshed out and there isn't much on them.
>>
>>29422596
>Stiill it fails compared to Sinnoh and Jotho.
>Johto

This is bait
>>
>>29422626
Johto is a complete classic with great lore and an incredible atmosphere considering the graphic capabilities at the time so stfu douche. When did u start playing? Unova
>>
>>29422679
>Johto is a complete classic with great lore and an incredible atmosphere considering the graphic capabilities at the time so stfu douche. When did u start playing? Unova

Genwunner alert
Johto is the emptiest region there is, even Kanto has more to do and thats saying something
>great lore
Literally Ho-oh reviving the beasts. End of lore
>incredible atmosphere
this is just dumb, everyone will say that about their favourite gen
>complete classic
you pretty much admitted you have no arguments

Alola isnt even out and it already shits on Johto and boy, its a mighty crap
>>
In terms of design Alola is pretty good, maybe even top 3. Abysmal dex places it bottom 3 with the other 2 kantos.
>>
File: 1470848236841.jpg (1MB, 1248x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1470848236841.jpg
1MB, 1248x1781px
>>29422753
Not him (>>29422532 here)

But all of this is wrong.
>End of lore
Mahogany town used to be a Ninja town. Glitter lighthouse was built in an place where pokemon used to direct ships at sea. Embedded Tower was built on a cliff to touch the land, sky and sea to commemorate the weather trio. Johto people went north and built Sinjoh along with people from Sinnoh. I could go on. Johto is probably the region with some of the most background lore my man.

>Johto is the emptiest region there is, even Kanto has more to do
Kanto has less towns, and Johto has the Bug Catching Contest, Frontier and Pokeathelon Dome. And that's not everything. Johto has more to do than Kalos

>this is just dumb, everyone will say that about their favourite gen
This is true.

It's fine to not like Johto, but you dont have to say made up shit just to bring it down
>>
>>29422830
I feel we'd have to see Alola more up close before being sure of the design
>>
>>29422438
It I still fine. Has a wide variety of areas but I feel like it looks really small. I am afraid the game will only be 10-15 hours.
>>
I still don't know how the game is 3,2gb despite using the same Pokemon models aside from the 100 or so new ones, and possibly a slightly smaller region in terms of traversable terrain.

Either Alola is EXTREMELY varied in terms of environments (textures take a shit ton of space), or I feel we haven't seen all of it, or maybe we go back to Kalos though I refuse to believe that.
>>
>>29424302
I don't think its that varied, more likely just that each place uses a lot of different textures

Also GameFreak just sucks at coding
>>
File: KilaueaNight.jpg (678KB, 1440x611px) Image search: [Google]
KilaueaNight.jpg
678KB, 1440x611px
I like how its taking a lot of mostly natural landmarks and turning them into pokemon locations. Other games had a few, but I feel like it was never this many.
>>
>>29422596
>Anything failing to Sinnoh
wew
>>
>>29424434
I think its just that people can more easily notice the natural hawaii locations
>>
>>29424471
this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.