[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pokemon really getting easier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0475.jpg (746KB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
746KB, 2304x3072px
Or is it just us growing up and already knowing the type advantages and disadvantages and know how the game works? If i did not know anything about the pokemon games and played x/y right now, would it be as hard as you played red and blue or would it still be easy as shit?
>>
Naw. I played through XY without an issue and then played through Red and Blue. It's still pretty difficult. Granted I play in Set for both so.
>>
I agree. If we had a reliable source of internet back in the days of Red & Blue to be able to learn everything there is to know about those pokemon, it would feel just as easy.
>>
If you go by levels it's always been about the same with gen 2 being the easiest.

There are new convenience features you may think make the game easier, but I would consider them more like a time saver than anything else.

Stuff like eggs being easier to hatch with o-powers, super training, and now bottle caps make the whole hatching thing a lot less involved. Shiny hunting also seems to get new techniques with each generation.

Experience system has seen many overhauls.
>>
>>29417378
they are easier
its less about levels and more about how they pile you with powerful hand outs and hold your hand a lot more
>>
>>29417378
If I were trying to play X/Y the same way as I did when I first played Yellow, I would be lost as fuck, just from all the different pokemon available alone. Would that mean as much now? I can't tell, the exp share would mean that I probably wouldn't end up having to focus my training as I did in Yellow, but the level gate is still pretty harsh, and I'd be guaranteed to not know how to even access the Amie. I'd probably have to focus my efforts a lot sooner to stand a chance against Grant, but it wouldn't be a problem after that.
>>
>>29417378
The older gens always seemed super hard as a kid. As an adult knowing the mechanics, they were much easier than I remember.

I know adults who never played a pokemon game and struggled with XY,so I'm inclined to say yes. I think a lot of fans underestimate how lazy and easily bored casuals can be. It's why mobile is so hot right now: easy, mindlessly addictive clickbait games that you always win or pay to win.

GF, and basically all of Nintendo wants that market because it's where their biggest competitors are not. Lots of series like Paper Mario, Metroid and Star Fox have been suffering similarly.

I have hopes they'll go back to not sucking with the Switch.
>>
Depends on the game. Platinum actually ended up being harder than I remembered, for instance. I guess it's because I started with chimchar on my first playthrough
>>
>>29417378
I've gone back and played older gens again after playing X and Y. Certainly they are more challenging, although not by much I suppose.
>>
All the gens feel similar in terms of difficulty, with a few being ever so slightly easier than the other.

Platinum however felt quite a bit more difficult than all of the others.
If we exclude that though, they're not so different.

t. somebody who went back and played every single gen again in prep for sun and moon.
>>
>>29417378
>Or is it just us growing up and already knowing the type advantages and disadvantages and know how the game works?

Both.

We have a vast knowledge about the game mechanics, pokemon types, moves, etc. So it's unlikely that the games can provide us of a challenge.

At the same time, Masuda/Ohmori have stated multiple times that they want they are actively making the games easier so newcommers don't have any trouble getting into them. The have said that they want the people who play mobile games and watch YouTube videos' attention.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.