[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does pokemon needs to be an e-sport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: s4gezfxddjtwbuojq5yf.jpg (68KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
s4gezfxddjtwbuojq5yf.jpg
68KB, 960x540px
I think maybe more balance between mons... This game is brutally unbalanced and 90% pokedex are shitmons. Gen 2 just has 4 usable mons and 2 ubers, the others are all shit. For example.
>>
>e-sports
Literally the most pathetic thing on earth
>>
>>29415617
This is either what little knowledge of esports I have showing or is about to show how little I actually know...

Aren't all esports games Real Time games?
>>
>>29415617
The game has been an eSport before the term was coined.

VGC is an eSport and the TCG is one of the oldest popular CCGs (about tied with Magic).
>>
It'll never reach the status of LoL or CS:GO. It's got its own thing and that's about as big as it'll get.
>>
>>29416064
>Aren't all esports games Real Time games?
Hearthstone is one of the biggest esports around.
>>
>>29415617
Seasonal balance patches.
Never gonna happen though, since pokémon is mainly about the single-player experience
>>
>>29416107
Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Magic: the Gathering are the "holy trinity" of card games, so to speak.
Between that and the large VGC scene, it's an e-sport in all ways but name. I'm not sure what more you want, OP? Sponsorship from Pepsi and Monster Energy? Nintendo and TPCi is big enough that they don't need it. Coverage on Twitch streams of the VGC and TCG? Pretty sure that already happens.
>>
Sort out the rule breaking. If it's going to have a no hacking rule, they need to actively enforce it.
>>
More grassroots/unofficial tournaments. Right now the only tournaments are those supported by TPCi and those aren't common enough to give the scene larger exposure

Also, while people won't want to admit it, Showdown needs to be shut down
>>
>heavy rng focus
>competitive
pick one. also no, card games are not subject to the same rng as pokemon.
>>
If VGC was Multi Battle format instead of Double Battle, creating 2 teams of 2 battling.
>>
>>29416360

The runner up of this year TCG Worlds lost his first match, without being able to do anything, because he don't draw a good hand on the start of the game.

Yeah the game has a bunch of RNG, but you can blame every victory and lose on those, that is the excuse that poor players use to justify themselves and don't improve.

There are people with win rates above 60% because the more skilled you get the less you depend on that 8% chance of critical hit to win a game.
>>
>>29415617
Not every Pokémon is made for battle
>>
>>29416175
I cant fathom how anyone can take a game so based on luck seriously
>>
>e"""sports"""
>>
>>29416704
People take pokemon seriously
>>
>e-sports

kys autist
>>
File: shrugz.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrugz.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>29416704
Hearhstone is more about skill in luck (like utilizing the cards you get together in your deck as good as possible), while games like Pokémon is more about luck in skill (like it's all "skill" until you get a crit etc).
>>
>>29416849
found the underage.
>>
>>29415617
more pathetic than hazeldex
>>
>>29415617
>What does pokemon needs to be an e-sport

you wan't pokemon to be an e-sport? then stop asking for 150 new ones every time a game comes out, this game is already dead in terms of e-sport material because theres 7-fucking-hundred of them

pokemon is not an e-sport,get over it, unless of course they fix it by doing a REBOOT IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
counter strike 1.6
starcraft broodwar

these are sports

fuck all that other shit
>>
>>29418154
>pokemon is not an e-sport

Is it played competitively? Yes
Is there prize money involved? Yes
Do companies sponsor players for it? Yes

How is it not an esport?
>>
>>29418486
There are sponsored Pokemon players?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.