[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefreak seems to really like those three mon 8th gym leaders, huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Gym Leader Teams.png (353KB, 994x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leader Teams.png
353KB, 994x1596px
Gamefreak seems to really like those three mon 8th gym leaders, huh?
>>
>>29412954
Say what you will about the other 2 but I was not ready for Shell smash sturdy
>>
>>29412954
Really wish they'd at least kick it back up to 4 mons for the gym leaders and 5 for the Elite Four, but eh.
>>
File: tateandliza.png (30KB, 528x392px) Image search: [Google]
tateandliza.png
30KB, 528x392px
>7th gym
>technically the gym leader has 1 pokemon
>>
>>29412954
as an actual battle wulfric is the shittiest gym leader of all time. i know xy isn't great in general but even by xy standards he is horrendous
>>
>>29412954
Why are you playing the non-canon normal mode? BW2 were made to be played on challenge mode.
>>
>>29413004
Challenge mode Drayden is no joke either.
>>
>>29413052
>Nether are very good, or play off of eachother in their preferred mode of battle, doubles.

I was really counting on SUN and MOON fixing these two somehow. Oops.
>>
>>29413200

They're not even in Alola's regional dex, what the fuck.
>>
>>29412954
>T H R E E
>H
>R
>E
>E
MOVES
>>
>>29413156
>tfw no Mega Abomasnow with wood hammer, ice punch, ice shard and energy ball like in the anime
>tfw no Avalugg with stone edge

Why the fuck didn't they give gym leaders megas?
>>
File: Emerald Gym Battle.png (53KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald Gym Battle.png
53KB, 534x640px
>>29413052
Emerald improved a little.
>>
>>29413210
But did anyone really use them when they were in other games like B2W2 and X&Y?

>>29413200
Rock/Psychic is a decent typing but they just aren't great. Was really hoping they would get something.
>>
>>29413244
This is true, Emerald and Platinum were great at revamping Gym Leader's teams. Too bad ORAS actually went backwards.
>>
>>29413159
Because to even get Challenge mode you need to beat the game at least once
>>
>>29413508
You mean get AR and input a few codes?
>missing out on the entire main game with challenge mode on
>that slight feeling of shock when you notice that Hugh's starter is level 6 for the first time
>>
>>29413592
Well now I must confess to being a dumbass and never considering using my AR to turn on Challenge mode
>>
>>29413270
>Platinum
>great at revamping
platinum ruined DP's gym and E4 teams. It made them fit more in line with the expected conventions of a gym leader but they all became bland and predictable as a result. Except Aaron, his DP team wasn't different or clever, it was just shit with Dustox and Beautifly wasting space, replacing them with Yanmega and Scizor was the right choice.
>>
>>29412954
because luvsic, sealeo and rhyhorn clearly act as useful team members
>>
>>29412954
>Wulfric
He's the easiest 8th gym in the entire franchise
>>
>>29413845
d-defensive ice teams are good! GOOD!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.