[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameFreak Pokemon game for Switch in 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

File: GameFreak.png (253KB, 798x828px) Image search: [Google]
GameFreak.png
253KB, 798x828px
There still seems to be so much confusion surrounding this. I keep seeing people arguing over whether or not it will be made by GameFreak, and that it's probably going to be a spinoff...when we already have confirmation that this is not the case. MCV is a very reputable source. They don't publish BS. For them to be saying GameFreak is making a Pokemon game for the NX means that GameFreak IS making a Pokemon game for the NX.

Plus we even have The Pokemon Company saying a Pokemon game is in development for the Switch, which supports it even further.

Pokemon Eclipse for Switch is coming October 2017.
>>
>>29409925
>hardcore users of xbone and ps4
Is this some kind of joke?
>>
>>29409925
Only going to get it if a mainline Pokemon game appears on it.
>>
>>29409925
>Pokemon Eclipse
I would rather get gen 8 extremely early
>>
>>29410111
This
>>
>>29410134
Yea I like SuMoon but I want to skip most of this gen's new pokemans.
>>
From serebii: The next piece of Nintendo hardware has been announced. Formerly known through the codename NX, this device is the Nintendo Switch. It's a home console device that can have the controller separate from the console for portable gaming on the go. Last month, The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara, confirmed that they were developing Pokémon games for this hardware. In other words they never actually said gamefreak. Just that the CEO said that pokemon games were coming to the switch. It's nothing new really. He have had a pokemon gand on just about every Nintendo system at this point.
>>
It's a Yellow remake, you're starting Pikachu will have its HA, a Light Ball, and Volt Tackle.
>>
File: you black.png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
you black.png
177KB, 501x506px
>>29409925
>Pokemon Eclipse for Switch is coming October 2017.
>>
>>29409925
Pure delusion, wait your 3 years
>>
Literally never heard of MCV before people were trying to use it to push the idea that a GF-developed Pokemon game would come out on NX next year

If it does get anything from GF that soon, it'll just be a prettier port of SM or maybe a RB remake, and more likely if that source is accurate they made the fairly common misconception that every Pokemon game is developed by GF
>>
Well good! Maybe we'll be in Gen 8 sooner than we thought since Switch will be released March next year.
>>
So many of you are missing the point. Gamefreak never said anything. It was Tsunekazu Ishihara that said pokemon would support the switch not that a main't game would be there. Most of you guys are putting all your eggs in one basket and will likely be disappointed when it is not main series. It could just be any number off the spin off games we have had in the past or something new. Not necessarily a main game.
>>
I'll buy it if and only if a mainline Pokemon series is on it like Gen 8.
>>
>somewhere between a PS3 and PS4

It's going to run into the same problems the Wii had with regard to not getting multiplat ports during its generation because the console is too weak to run them acceptably. Better hope people are sold on the hybrid gimmick like they were motion controls.
>>
>>29409925
Oh boy i can't wait for Pokemon Rumble Switch
>>
>>29410313
Serebii is just scared he'll be BTFO again because he's bitched at people on neogaf and other sites for wanting a console main game, and now that we're finally getting one he's gonna have to eat crow hard for being a stuck up asshole over the topic

Not only that, but the switch is marketed as a hand held first and foremost in japan, so... this isn't really a home console, despite what NoA says.
>>
>>29410647
It's different. The Wii was literally just two Gamecubes strapped together, having only improved RAM and CPU. Given statements regarding the Switch and the simplicity of the controller, it seems like it will be able to handle other games.
>>
>>29410674
Shit man. Just no.
>>
Now I do agree that maybe serebii is playing it safe. Maybe it is marketed differently. However that doesn't mean it is going to be a main series game. Tsunekazu Ishihara said that pokemon would support the switch. Tsunekazu Ishihara is the CEO of the pokemon company not gamefreak. Gamefreak I'd not the pokemon company or visa versa. They are there own company that works very close to pokemon. It's like saying pokemon and Nintendo are the same think when they are not.
>>
>>29410325

No. Pokémon Pearl and Diamond remake
>>
Are you faggots fucking stupid? I kniw it was the Pokemon Company CEO that said that. Coupled with the article from MCV though, it seems it's a GF developed game. MCV don't fuck up.
>>
>>29409925
Yes, but NOWHERE does it imply that it will be a main series Pokemon game. For all we know it could just be another fucking stadium or colosseum game.
>>
>>29411318
GAMEFREAK DONT MAKE SPINOFFS
>>
File: image.png (97KB, 455x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 455x457px
One hundo cheeseburgers says it's going to be a proper Stadium game.

Pls God, let it be a stadium game.
>>
This really explains why SM only has one unrevealed mythical.
>>
File: Artwork_Pokémon_Rumble_U.png (1MB, 940x543px) Image search: [Google]
Artwork_Pokémon_Rumble_U.png
1MB, 940x543px
>>29409925

Nah, something shitty like pic related. A new pokemon dungeon would be the best scenario
>>
>tfw they just remake Gen 1 again
Are you ready to visit Kanto for the 6th time?
>>
File: 1476339375066.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1476339375066.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>29411391
>>
>>29411429
GAMEFREAK DONT MAKE SPINOFFS
>>
>>29411391
GameFreak didn't say jack shit. Ishihara said there'd be Pokémon games on the console. Ishihara doesn't work for GameFreak. He works for the Pokémon Company.
Your article is shit, Christopher. Stop shilling it.
>>
>>29411485
What reason is there to not trust MCV?
>>
File: 1466498761745.gif (80KB, 227x211px) Image search: [Google]
1466498761745.gif
80KB, 227x211px
>>29411485
>no fun allowed
>>
>>29411533
What reason is there to trust them?
I have literally never heard of them before.
>>
>>29410717
A portable video game system has traditionally been able to fit into one's pocket. Now, Nintendo is allowed to attempt to break that paradigm, but at the present time, I am still confused as to how that gigantic fucking piece of switch can be considered portable.
>>
>>29410111
Has gamefreak ever made a non-mainline Pokemon game?
>>
>>29411552
>stop being retarded
>DURRR LOOK AT THIS NO-FUN GUY HE'S THE FUN HATER I'M GONNA KEEP BEING RETARDED AND LOWERING THE QUALITY OF THIS BOARD FOREVER
Fuck off.
>>
>>29411582
No, but GameFreak hasn't said anything about making games for the Switch.
>>
>>29411582
No.
>>
>>29410134
I've been saying this for a little while. But hopefully we'll get a nice, long gen next gen. Multiple remakes in the same gen would be nice.
>>
We're getting Tembo for the Switch.
>>
>>29411575
It's a tablet though.

Many people consider that a portable system these days.
>>
File: 1476756037863.jpg (24KB, 180x254px) Image search: [Google]
1476756037863.jpg
24KB, 180x254px
>>29411604
>but GameFreak hasn't said anything about making games for the Switch
What rock have you been living under?
>>
>>29411566
Do some fucking research then

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Market_for_Computer_%26_Video_Games

It's a trade magazine, not a shitty one catering the lowest common denominator. Been going for 17 years. They dont report on things without concrete info. I trust them.
>>
File: 1477017504831.png (208KB, 426x306px) Image search: [Google]
1477017504831.png
208KB, 426x306px
>>29411583
>quality
>/vp/

Let me guide you to a better website, www.reddit.com
>>
>>29410111
this, but also if theres an animal crossing game
>>
File: IMG_2257.jpg (44KB, 202x181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2257.jpg
44KB, 202x181px
>>29411658
GameFreak has not said anything about making games for the Switch.
Ishihara, CEO of The Pokémon Company, has stated that there will be "Pokémon games" on the Switch.
Your complete lack of any intelligence whatsoever amuses me, so I will ignore your defiling of my husbando Omega.
>>
>>29411663
>barebones Wikipedia article
>nothing about the quality of their content
>nothing about being known for leaking information to the public early
>literally no sources or any form of proof in the article in OP's picture
I bet you trust Emily Rogers too. How's that gender option in Breath of the Wild looking? Oh wait. Well, at least we have a Mother 3 localization to look forward to-Oh wait. Eh, I guess I'll just go back to playing all those games by Rockstar on my Wii U-OH WAIT
>>
File: fucking dare me.jpg (113KB, 396x628px) Image search: [Google]
fucking dare me.jpg
113KB, 396x628px
>>29409925
>rumor = source

Seriously, stop this shit. If Game Freak was making the game they wouldn't keep it a secret.

Not to mention of course people are gonna say Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda are gonna be on the new system, what kind of rumor wouldn't say the major hitters are all gonna be there?

Until Game Freak is officially involved consider it the Pokemon Company that's making the game, not Game Freak. Everyone and their mother was theorizing that the NX would be a console/handheld hybrid, that doesn't make this particular rumor any more credible than all the others.
>>
>>29410717
He was never blown out in the first place.

>being this butthurt he didn't believe something you did
>being this butthurt he didn't believe something that wasn't officially confirmed
>>
>>29411623
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>29411727
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mynintendonews.com/2016/10/19/pokemon-developer-asked-whether-sun-moon-will-be-the-last-pokemon-games-for-nintendo-3ds/amp/?client=safari
>>
>>29412409
That's basically saying they're going to wait to make sure there's actually an install base first.
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.png (226KB, 796x398px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.png
226KB, 796x398px
I highly doubt that the Gen 7 engine is being imported into the Switch. From a technical standpoint, it doesn't make sense. We'll be seeing something completely different, hopefully not a remake either. Until Nintendo themselves say it, I'll take it mostly as a rumour
>>
File: 3d_lucario.png (871KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
3d_lucario.png
871KB, 1200x800px
>>29409925
I can't wait to see how detailed the 3D models will be.
>>
>>29411575
People take tablets and laptops on the go.... Alot of tablets are big the switch is decent size. Even so probably only take it to friends houses since i know they'll have one as well
>>
>>29409925
>implying it will be gen 7
>on a whole fucking new console
region based on bongland or slavistan on switch?
>>
>>29412974
they'll be the same ones they've used for gen 6 and 7, anon
they designed these things for the long haul
>>
Pokemon Z
>>
>>29413533
Nah
>>
Pokken 2
>>
>>29413369
Yes, it will still be Gen VII. There is no fucking WAY Nintendo is going to allow GameFreak to fuck around making another set of games for the 3DS. I know they don't own them outright, but they have enough control to lean on them.

As it says in the article, Nintendo aren't going to let another Wii U or 3DS situation happen. They need their big hitter franchises on the 3DS quickly, and Pokemon is probably the biggest system seller of the bunch.
>>
>>29414287
And thats why the need gen 6 because third version sales sucks and there's no way GF will do just a slightlly different game for a brand new console

It'll be gen 8
>>
>>29414335
They're not going to have Gen 8 a year later.

They'll find a way to make Eclipse more appealing than the average third version. More alolan forms, more megas, more z-moves and maybe you can travel to Kanto? All in a much prettier package for the Switch.
>>
>>29414335
expect gen 8 to be like 2018-19
>>
>>29409925
I find the fact that people already forgotten about the existence of the New 3ds funny and sad at the same time.
>>
>>29409925
It wont be a main Pokemon game, there is no way they release a new game that early after SM comes out.
>>29409925
SM look like good games but the Switch makes me want gen 8 already.
>>
A pokemon Sun and Moon port for Switch is a lunch title. This it's a way for Nintendo to show everyone that the main strength of the Switch is having all of nintendo eggs in one basket, so they will launch their new machine with 4 of their biggest eggs from both their old handheld and home department (mainline Zelda, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and mainline Pokemon)
>>
>>29410257
Don't play with the news one, enjoy alola.
>>
>>29415434
What does that have to do with this thread?
>>
File: 1476254412219.png (98KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1476254412219.png
98KB, 500x280px
>>29410134
they could also give us the Z so many anons wanted in a revamped kalos

>>29411416
>Pokemon Battle revolution 2

>>29411429
How were the wiiware mystery dungeon games?

>>29411623
What else could we get besides sinnoh? Maybe DPPt 2?
>>
File: IMG_1076.jpg (29KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1076.jpg
29KB, 383x384px
>>29411575
>not carrying your passport, sandwich and Switch in your Rick Owens jacket pocket
>>
File: 1477122688995.jpg (9KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477122688995.jpg
9KB, 281x200px
>>29411416

Definitely hope so too. After having not a single 3d battle system game on the Wii U and being stuck with the shitty resolution that is the 3ds games, it really leaves a huge craving for it to happen once more.

Damn Revolution on Wii was 3 gens ago if you count Sun and Moon
>>
>>29409925
So will the eventual Diamond and Pearl remake be the one last hurrah for the 3DS?
>>
Hoping to see Sinnoh playable in good graphics on the TV Screen. It'll be glorious.
>>
>>29416187
>Sinnoh with no HM
>>
>>29416230
Pretty sure there are enough alternatives to HM's. They could also just go back to HM's just for the remakes, wouldn't surprise me actually.
>>
Previous interview stated they wanted the main series game to be on a one year release cycle like other popular games. Think Call of Duty.
>>
The explanation is simple - this article is wrong. The dude fucked up.

Gamefreak has NEVER announced they're making a new game for the Switch. In Masuda and Ohmori's interview they said they would, like always, consider on which platform to make the next game based on the number of people that own it. So it's safe to say it will be a 3DS game.

If a mainline pokémon game was announced for the Switch EVERYONE would be talking about that, since it would pretty much confirm this is a handheld substitute.
>>
>>
This switch game will literally be Rumble or Pokken Tournament. or both.
Anyone expecting a mainline game should go back to making Ballio threads.
>>
PokéPark 3
>>
>>29411623
>Alomomola
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.