[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeti Crab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: icecrabb.png (34KB, 1216x636px) Image search: [Google]
icecrabb.png
34KB, 1216x636px
>Extremely likely Ice/Fighting with very high Attack

what are the odds of this thing being good? what do you think of its design?
>>
>Slow Ice-type.
>>
>>29407266

Ice type will never be good unless they retcon a few of it's weaknesses.

If it resisted rock and water it would actually have a reason to exist as a defensive type.
>>
>>29407407
>defensive
Literally why? Its a already a good offensive type, GF just fucks their stats.

More fast offensive ice types would make ice great.
>>
>>29407266
Just give it Fur Coat.
>>
>>29407266
BIG
SLOW
DEFENSIVE
ICE
TYPE
>>
this defensive ice meme is retarded. it's literally a boxing crab and you guys are complaining that it's defensive.
>>
>>29407515
If it's a bulky attacker it will be just as bad as a purely defensive ice type. Speed will be everything and it doesn't look fast.

Unless it gets a retardo ability or is a better CB ice shard spammer than Mammoswine it will be garbage.
>>
>>29407515
>is a crab, so it will be slow
>is big and bulky, therefore will have high HP, atk and def but low satk and sdef
>>
>Ice/Fighting
>Not Fighting/Ice
>>
>>29407515
the only archetype that's remotely viable for Ice is a fast attacker. Anything else gets it shit kicked by half of all attacking moves.

Ice/Fighting is hilarious bad without speed. Flying, Fighting, Fairy, and Fire are very common attacking types, and Rock and Psychic are used fairly often
>>
Slow ice types not named Mamoswine are literally useless.
>>
>>29407356
>mach punch
>ice shard

at least it has that going for it
>>
>>29407570
>>29407588
>>29408198
it's going to get swords dance, mach punch and ice shard. it's also going to have high attack, with ice/fighting stab, dark/water/rock/electric/poison as coverage options. you aren't expected to take hits with ice types, you're expected to blow back one or two pokemon then die. this thing is going to give bulky teams so much shit. especially if it keeps hyper cutter. it's going to be a mamoswine with swords dance. i don't understand the hate.
>>
Ice always has been, and always will be Water's Grass, Flying and Dragon coverage in the form of Ice Beam. Expecting it to be better at anything else is laughable.
>>
>>29408322
>>29408261

>Yfw it doesn't get Ice Shard.
>>
>>29407266
Are we even sure it's ice?
>>
>>29407266
If it is slow but somewhat bulky, it could have potential as a Sub-Focus Punch user. 270 BP with Iron Fist is nothing to sneeze at. Also having Focus Punch on a set makes for a really powerful Z-Move, which could be relevant.
>>
>>29407515
>literally a boxing crab
It's actually a boxing coach crab (its hands look less like Crabrawler's gloves and more like the pads coaches uses when they block their students' punches, which is why everyone is saying it'll be defensive).
>>
>>29408560
they honestly look like they are imitating a yeti's footprint more to me but ok.
>>
Here's how Yeti-crab becomes viable defensively.
>Fluffy
>Fur Coat
>either replaces hyper cutter
>>
>fans complain game freak are introducing too many defensive ice types
>we get an offensive ice type and fans want to force it into a defensive role

this is /vp/ is retarded at competitive
>>
>>29408641
Well consider this
Yeti crab is probably gonna be slow as snails tails, so the fucker needs to be able to take hits.
>But muh Ice-Shark
>But muh Mach Punch
The problem with these is that there is so damn much that negates priority in Alola, including a new field effect with an ability that auto-sets it.
>>
>>29408695
that's literally three pokemon. boo fucking hoo.
>>
File: oranguru.png (25KB, 198x197px) Image search: [Google]
oranguru.png
25KB, 198x197px
>>29408560
why is it wearing a sportsbra tho.
>>
>>29408641
That's not the issue tho. There are quite a bit of Ice type with nice attack stats, but due to the lack of speed they can't get much done, since they have a ton of weaknesses AND the only type it resists is itself.

Crabs by nature aren't very fast, and the best Ice types are fast. Therefore, it won't be great unless it has a nice speed stat, even if it's attack is very high. Of course you can use stuff like Tailwind and Trick Room, but those are susceptible to many issues, even in Doubles.
>>
>>29408757
that's meant to be like a yeti/ape chest poking through the fur.
>>
>>29408574
it can be and probably is both.
>>
>>29408719
Yes, and one of those three will be on every team come major online competitive to keep people's sweepers from getting fucked by priority shit.
There's over 800 mons and we see the same 5 dudes in every major tournament party every year.
Lest we forget the genies of healthy meta.
>>
>>29408882
Not to mention Pokemon like Aegislash are barely affected by Bruxish and Tsareena.
>Oh no, now I can't use Sneaky Shadows against TWO more Pokemon when the entirety of Normal Types prevent me from doing so! What ever shall I DO?!
>>
>>29407266
Unless it's got some Ice-type Swift Swim ability it's going to be shit.
>>
Imagine Yeti Crab with Technician - Mach punch, Ice Shard, Swords Dance and another coverage move (possibly Earthquake).
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.