[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like it as a Pokémon but not as a pikipek evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_1391.png (71KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1391.png
71KB, 800x524px
I like it as a Pokémon but not as a pikipek evolution
>>
File: tn_Toucanbabies72908.jpg (69KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
tn_Toucanbabies72908.jpg
69KB, 640x524px
I feel the same way
pikipek doesn't even look like a baby toucan

but it is a very cute pokemon
>>
File: 1288_IMG_0024.jpg (31KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1288_IMG_0024.jpg
31KB, 366x360px
I like it as an animal but not as a pokemon
>>
i'm just happy we finally got a toucan. i don't give a shit what it evolved from.
>>
>>29407233
>>29407264
Why are Piipek fags so butthurt about this? the line focuses on pecking/beaks and this seems like a logical progression??
>>
I wouldn't mind the toucan that much if it weren't for the fact that it simply looks like a toucan slapped on Pikipek's evolutionary line just to say it changed species just because it can and yet, barely tries anything unique about it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>29407233
It's not a pokemon though
Otherwise, pic related is one too
Hell, Zazu from The Lion King is more a pokemon than that toucan
>>
I wouldn't hate it if it didn't look like some microsoft word clipart of a toucan.
>>
>>29407264
The one on top left looks like Nate's brother in Uncharted 4
>>
>>29407333
If they're based on pecking they shouldn't have used a toucan as the last stage. Toucan beaks are fairly fragile.
>>
>>29407233
literally just an angry toucan, not even memeing
>>
I wish it's eyes just weren't so fucked up, it has no ties to the eyes of Pikipek. The beak I can live with, but what the fuck is up with the grandpa eyebrow and bruised eyelid? Where the fuck was any of this in Pikipek's design?
>>
>>29407333
Nice trips, but I don't think everyone will agree with you. Like another anon said, Toucans aren't peckers and their beaks are more for scooping and snapping. Woodpeckers have straight, sharp beaks for a reason, and there should be no excuse for Pikipek and its 2nd-stage to lose this consistent theme in the 3rd-stage. This line is more comparable to Dratini -> Dragonite than it would be to Starly -> Staraptor.
>>
>>29407333
I just wanted a fully evolved woodpecker. I don't hate the toucan, I'm just a little disappointed.
>>
>>29407333
If a toucan beak was subjected to the forces a woodpecker beak endures, it would literally shatter into pieces.
>>
>>29407452
So are snail shells. That doesn't keep them from making snails be walls (or try to be).

Its not about the actual biology, its about the animals aesthetic. Toucans have fucking huge beaks, so it will likely be a slow but heavy hitting physical attacker that uses pecking attacks.
>>
>>29407333
Waste of trips. Please kys
>>
>>29407278
I kinda hate everything about Toucans. Real life or not.

You know, birds descend from the dinosaurs, and they were cool creatures. Toucans on the other hand, they look like shit and look like mistakes (sorta like the Dodo and penguins). Feels like the dinosaurs, they really didn't thought this one through.
>>
>>29407452
>>29407530
>>29407664
>>29407776
it's a good thing this is pokemon, not zooworld. i mean punches can dent steel in this universe so
>>
>>29407777

>like dodo's an penguins

Nigga wtf.

Penguins are an incredible species. They live in freezing fucking conditions, can dive and swim better than many marine life and can projectile excrete their waste.

What's not to love?
>>
>>29407430
They shouldve taken lessons from Disney because Zazu doesn't look anything like the creature it was inspired from.
>>
>>29407233
this is literally my mom's toucan
they could've made the pattern on it's beak continue onto it's feathers. Bam, instantly more creative than just-a-toucan-sam
>>
>>29407777
birds don't descend from dinosaurs, they ARE dinosaurs. they all came from the same common ancestor to the dinosaurs and lived among them, but survived the meteor that killed all the dinosaurs somehow
>>
>>29407725
>That doesn't keep them from making snails be walls (or try to be).
In all fairness, Macargo is literally made out of rock and Sliggoo is made out of, well, goo.

I know pokemon can be whatever but at least the snails made sense because their shells were made out of stuff real life snail shells aren't made out of.

Pikipek's evo on the other hand is literally a fucking toucan, so while it gets a pass to do outlandish things because of its pokemon status, it still has a poor design because they're basing a pokemon that has strong peck-based attacks in an animal with an extremely fragile beak without changing anything about it.

That's why most of the people who hate the design are upset. It's literally a toucan with nothing fantastical or cartoony added to it save the angry eyes.
>>
>>29407827
too bad it looks like it belongs in zooworld
>>
>>29407664
yeah and if an owl was blasted with a stream of fire it would literally burn to death. owls can't use their wings as a makeshift bow and arrow either, did you know that? yet here we are.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 2006x1010px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 2006x1010px
>>29407333
Woodpeckers are already essentially Pokemon. They have baks strong enough to pierce wood. It's stupid they wasted the concept on a base form, rather than expanding on it.

Pikipeks final evo could have been Steel/Flying and the Toucan could have been a stand alone mon or a "2nd bird" like Fearow or Pelliper.
>>
>>29407958
>that face
That's literally my mom's Tokkori and you know it.
>>
>>29407878
Birds were the dinosaur end game. I have to say, that's one retarded life plan.

At least we evolved into something good.
>>
>>29407986
That's a majority of the regional birds. I don't hate Pikipek3 for being my moms Toucan, I hate it for looking nothing like Pikipek.
>>
>>29407952
A greater concern is that the Toucan's design itself doesn't look like it attacks by pecking, which are its prevos' entire schtick.

Toucans - much like parrots bite as opposed to pecking.
>>
>>29407958
Frankly I thought Pikipek's final form would be a heron, crane or stork.

you know, other large needle-beaked birds. At least the Toucan doesn't have that Raptor shape like pretty much every regional bird so far so there's that at least.
>>
>>29408436
yeah well cat's don't spit fire, they usually scratch and bite. and turtles don't use explosive landmines. and stag beetles don't have railguns attached to their mandibles. somethings you just have to throw the rulebook out the window for in pokemon.
>>
>>29408526
Litten has some elements that make you say: "Hey, this isn't just a cat! It's obvious it can use fire."

Same with Turtonator and Vikivolt.

The problem with Pikipek's evolution, yet again, is not that it does whatever, is that it's literally a fucking toucan, and therefore its abilities and story are ruined by its design.
>>
>>29408621
it has a giant fucking beak, it's clear as day it will use it for pecking. you're just trying to apply your biology book knowledge to a pokemon when it's completely unnecessary.

and you don't even know its story. so maybe stop being an autistic killjoy for once in your life.
>>
>>29407958
> that fat bird
No
>>
File: horse-running.jpg (111KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
horse-running.jpg
111KB, 1024x683px
I like it as a Pokemon but not as an alolan Rapidash.
>>
>>29408688
a blunt beak

they could have taken SOME liberties you know?

after all it IS a pokemon.
>>
>>29408688
A giant, rounded beak and no neck.

Yeah. Its design totally screams 'pecking'.
>>
>>29407233
why is that bird always angry?
>>
>>29407430
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts DEEDLE DEE DEE

>>29407539
yes please god I just wanted a woodpecker too
I like the toucan pokemon, but pikipek evolving into the toucan is like "what?? where'd this come from"

>>29407777
what the fuck you got against toucans, dodos and penguins my dude

>>29408688
so does pelipper but that fucker doesn't peck
>>
File: Piciformes.png (449KB, 581x718px) Image search: [Google]
Piciformes.png
449KB, 581x718px
>>29407233
Apparently woodpeckers and toucans are technically related
>>
>>29407233
Honestly, it works. It goes from little pecker to humongous pecker. And there's already been numerous posts here stating woodpeckers and toucans are of relatively close relation to each other.
>>
>>29408786
>>29408824
so you're saying it can't peck at all? you're telling me a toucan pokemon should absolutely not be able to peck? christ you're morons.

and this is a kids game. it's pretty clear when they look at a bird with a giant beak they will imagine it using it for pecking things. sorry it doesn't stand up to your standards sir attenborough.
>>
>>29408867
So are mantises and cockroaches, but that evolution line would cause a bigger shitstorm than this one.
>>
>>29408846
hm, so that's where they got the name pikipek from? Piciformes seem to only be related by the fact that they don't have down feathers and their foot shape
>>
>>29408842
pelipper's beak is a completely different shape. nice try though.
>>
>>29408846
That's pretty cool. Makes me like it a little more.
>>
>>29408881
They actually don't.

They bite and sing with the beak, but no pecking. It's serrated in there and they saw their tougher prey into pieces.
>>
File: AG010.png (96KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
AG010.png
96KB, 341x256px
>>29408910
>it has a giant fucking beak, it's clear as day it will use it for pecking. you're just trying to apply your biology book knowledge to a pokemon when it's completely unnecessary.

nah (you) had the nice try
>>
>>29408928
using their beaks as saws is more badass than using it as a pick
>>
>>29407233
This is the only non-legendary pokemon from Gen VII that I dislike. I hate everything about it. It's a damn shame something great like Pikipek evolves into something that is so shitty.
>>
>>29408928
i said toucan pokemon you fucker. not toucan. i couldn't give two shits if toucan's bite not peck, the majority of things in pokemon don't abide by their real life counterpart's rules.

>>29408961
pelipper's doesn't look like a giant weapon like the toucan's does. and most kids who aren't retards know about pelicans and what their beak does. you should never get a job in design especially for children-related stuff because you clearly don't know how it works. you're a retard basically.
>>
>>29408975
We could have had a toucan with a chainsaw for a beak instead of this thing
>>
>>29409002
the toucan's beak doesn't look like a giant weapon either.

It looks like an ornament for show.
>>
With some defending the radical change from Pikipek to its Toucan final evo here, it makes me wonder why Samurott is so hated in the first place.
>>
>>29408688
>so maybe stop being an autistic killjoy for once in your life.
Boo fucking hoo someone doesn't find the design to be good? Oh woe is you.

Cry me a river bitch.
>>
>>29408846
taxonomists are jokes that can't agree on jack shit. "Are there 20 or 80 species of this plant? Who knows huuuuurrrr". Visually the two birds look nothing alike, nor is their behavior reminiscent of each other at all.
>>
>>29409002
Look man, if the Toucan had an Axe beak, it would have made sense attack-wise AND not looked like my mom's toucan.

As it looks just like a cartoon toucan with no fantastical elements - not even an alteration to the beak shape of course we're gonna nitpick the design.
>>
>>29409039
so in a game about pokemon fighting each other a bird with a giant beak uses it for show not a weapon? how else do you people think this is going to attack? they already said in interviews they want you to understand a pokemon's design by looking at it and this is a kid's game.
>>
>>29409064
you seem to have a big problem with reading comprehension. maybe get an education instead of inbreeding.
>>
>>29408867
>humongous pecker
that's the rub anon. Toucan's bills aren't peckers. They're fragile, hollow pieces of shit where the primary purpose (that we know of) is to help regulate the bird's body temperature. A far cry from tearing holes in fucking trees.

This is just a stupid evolution
>>
>>29409091
>they already said in interviews they want you to understand a pokemon's design by looking at it

and they failed
>>
>>29409119
but again this logic doesn't work. pokemon don't have to follow real world logic.

but we already have things like stufful not liking being held while bewear wants hugs. and rattata finding food for the raticae. so one way this could go is pikipek do all the drilling work instead of the toucan.
>>
>>29409133
it's staring you in the face. not their fault you're a pavement ape with spaghetti for brains.
>>
>>29409119
forgot pic: cross-section of toucan bill

>>29409149
now that you mention it I am curious about the dex entires.
>>
>>29409149
>still falling back on "well it's a Pokemon"
That doesn't change the fact that the pokemon's beak is blunt and curved; not at all suitable for pecking.
>>
>>29409115
If there's anyone here who needs reading comprehension it's you.

Everyone is telling you why the beak thing is stupid. Pikipek's evolution doesn't look like a pokemon at all, it's LITERALLY a toucan, it doesn't deserve to be defended.

If a toucan pokemon wants to attack by pecking shit that's totally fine, but this thing is just a regular toucan, therefore I'm going to force it to abide by regular logic. Don't like that? Then stop defending a shit design.
>>
>>29409181
you should read the full post before being so quick to be a keyboard warrior.
>>
>>29409200
nah you can't try and backpedal now. we weren't even talking about not liking the design which is what you chipped in with. you just tried to be a sassy bitch and looked like a retard instead.
>>
>>29409091
friendly reminder that klefki attack by menacingly shaking it's keys.
>>
>>29409171
yes, the literal toucan - an animal that doesn't peck as a pokemon that pecks.

it's not hard to see why it doesn't work, then again you're the type to resort to petty name calling.
>>
>>29407233
>Piciforme becomes a different Piciforme
HALT THE FUCKING PRESSES
WHAT
HOW COULD A PICIFORME BECOME A PICIFORME
>>
>>29409221
Now you're just shitposting.
>>
>>29409200
>an animal doesn't look like a pokemon
>inanimate objects don't look like pokemon

What next? Pokemon don't look like Pokemon?
>>
File: goodluckbirb.jpg (258KB, 964x953px) Image search: [Google]
goodluckbirb.jpg
258KB, 964x953px
what are you going to name your new friend?
>>
>>29409243
yeah and the keys are the focus of the design. like the beak is for the toucan. it's not rocket science.

>>29409267
no. if you read my post you'd see i offered a suggestion to suit people who don't think it will peck. but you read the first line and wanted to get your reply in real quick.
>>
>>29408688
>toucan
>pecking anything like a woodpecker
Look at this retard.

Toucan is a bad evolution because it shits all over the woodpecker niche and is also literally my mom's bird. It isn't like Pelipper which expands on the precedent set by Wingull of being a waterbird, or Robinhoot which expands on the concept of Rowlet and Dartrix being owls that happen to use sharp projectiles.

Toucans don't peck at all like woodpeckers. Their beaks aren't adapted to it. It's a worse evolution than Remoraid to Octillery because at least those two shared an artillery theme. This is just my mom's animal turning into a more boring mom's animal.
>>
>>29409243
>Jingle Jingle Jangle!
>I just wanna kill some dragons anananana!
>>
>>29409081
Good thing it's well established that woodpeckers and toucans belong in the same order.

>Visually the two birds look nothing alike, nor is their behavior reminiscent of each other at all
Color scheme is similar, beak growth seems to be the evolution trend. They'll easily justify the evolution.
>>
>>29409277
>Hurr durr /vp/ is all just one person

Don't change the subject
>>
>>29409300
i never said it would peck like a woodpecker. not once in my posts have i said that. i've just said that it will peck to attack.

also wingull to pelipper is not a good point to support your argument considering wingull didn't use its beak for anything then suddenly pelipper has a giant bucket for a mouth. at least with rowlet the projectiles are the theme.
>>
>>29409298
Your suggestion was even stupider honestly.

Stufful not wanting hugs then evolving into a Bewear that loves hugs is a sensible transition because it's a change in behavior. A bird that pecks evolving into somethong that can't, doesn't make sense.

Inb4 "it doesn't have to make sense because it's Pokemon"
>>
File: 1475633362397.png (417KB, 1724x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1475633362397.png
417KB, 1724x1444px
oh look its another episode of "its shit because it didn't just get bigger"
>>
>>29409403
except you've clearly ignored the rattata and raticate example i also gave. murkrow and honchkrow are also a good example of these sort of themes with the evolution and pre-evolution having a relationship. and tsareena protecting bounsweet is another.

oh and toucan's have been known to use their beaks to reach into tree holes. and they also steal nests.

so yeah. you're the real shitposter here friend. either that or you just have selective reading problems.
>>
>>29409353
>wingull didn't use its beak for anything
it shot water out of its beak, and in the anime it was treated like a hose nozzle.
>>
>>29409403
Are you implying pecking isn't a behavior?
>>
File: pidgeotto-color.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
pidgeotto-color.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>29407958
that's a pidgeotto
>>
>>29409444
it's a water type, are you implying that shooting water is a theme somehow unique to wingull?
>>
Pecking or not pecking this birb is just bad in all honestly.

It's my mom's toucan. The only thing that's different in it is the circle thing in its beak and the eyes.
>>
>>29409439
>>29409454
>oh and toucan's have been known to use their beaks to reach into tree holes. and they also steal nests.
That's completely different from using one's beak to pierce through bark to eat insects.

Maybe you're not a shitposter. Maybe you're just an idiot.
>>
>>29409298
Toucan beak is not a very good weapon, they rather use it to impress it's rivals.

Also toucan Pokemon battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71D6drslWiM
>>
>>29407333
I like it
People who hate it because it went from wood pecker to toucan is stupid compared to other pokemon we've gotten

People who hate it because its just a toucan is understandable
>>
>>29409515
Holy fuck you're an idiot. i said maybe pikipek drill the holes and the toucan doesn't have to. so why would the toucan need to pierce through bark? when was that ever a point in this debate?

you're really trying hard to prove i'm the idiot when all you're repeatedly doing is showing your brain either doesn't register information or just forgets it 1 second after reading.
>>
>>29409480
no, that the beak was used for something.

hose -> bucket is also not a bad progression either.
>>
>>29409562
so the pecking pokemon evolving into a non-pecking pokemon makes sense to you.

okay, just needed to get your position clear here.
>>
>>29407233
ITT: Shitting on best pokémon and best evolutionary line ever.
>>
>>29409562
Every example you posted was of the more fully evolved pokemon helping the weaker one or gaining some sort of trait that it would benefit from.

There's no benefit for a woodpecker to have its beak become blunt and fragile.

Your whole argument is flawed.
>>
I think it's neat!

Assuming the demo stats aren't adjusted for ease Pikipek's base attack is only like 6 points shy of Talonflame so this thing could potentially be as optimized as Staraptor and skill link is fun to use
>>
>>29409592
yes because the non-pecking pokemon has a relationship with a pecking pokemon. just like the weak pokemon bounsweet is defended by the tough queen tsareena. it's called symbiosis you know? try looking it up you might learn something.

also this isn't really my position as much as it is an idea to appease all the complainers that it's beak isn't sharp enough to peck. maybe it doesn't need to peck because its underlings do it for it.
>>
>>29407233
What if its beak is constantly changing colors like Alolan Muk?
>>
>>29409645
how is having underlings doing all the work for it not a benefit? do you think being a manual worker is better than being a boss overseeing the labor?
>>
>>29409692
What advantage does the toucan have over the Pikipek line when its main means to attack is lost?

>>29409663
>Tsareena defending Bounsweet is symbiosis
>also this isn't really my position as much as it is an idea to appease all the complainers that it's beak isn't sharp enough to peck
Alright. Now I'm convinced you're an idiot AND a shitposter.
>>
>>29409663
That would be all well and good if it didn't have pecking moves like fury attack and fucking skill link maximizing hits.
>>
>>29409753
when we talk pecking we're talking drilling holes in trees pecking. since that's the main point other anons didn't like. because muh blunt beak. the beak doesn't drop off once it evolves so not sure what you're getting at here.

how is tsareena and bounsweet not beneficial for both sides? queens need their subjects you know otherwise they are queens of nothing. i'm still convinced you type before you think. you also seem to enjoy just picking out one tiny part of a post and thinking your response is somehow a good rebuttal.
>>
>>29409819
everything you've posted so far has been a shifted goalpost after another.
>>
>>29407777
You're so fucking wrong, but I can't argue with those quads.
>>
>>29409854
no it hasn't. i've stayed to my point and have only suggested an alternative because those that don't like it are venomous about it. that's not shifting the goalposts as much as try to get them to consider other options.

but please continue to post non-arguments as if it makes any difference.
>>
File: 17643256253153.png (85KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
17643256253153.png
85KB, 400x460px
I think what I dislike most about the toucan is that it just reminds me of the low Alolamon count again.

I remember when the toucan was first hinted at in that trailer when it was shown on that trainer customization T-shirt, I thought "wow, cool! we're getting a whole toucan line this gen!"

And then the dex leaks and nope... the toucan is connected to the only real bird line in the region.

Anyone else?
>>
>>29409819
The beak goes from sharp to blunt. It becomes less efficient for pecking. What don't you understand about that?

"Symbiosis" means that both sides gain something. Bounsweet don't give Tsareena anything tangible in return. By your logic a slave and its master have a symbiotic relationship.

Also,
>using "muh" to discredit a completely valid argument
0/10
>>
File: tumblr_o1z99qSUGq1rc7zl1o1_400.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1z99qSUGq1rc7zl1o1_400.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>29409753
being an adorable little banana face
>>
>>29409946
what don't you understand about "it might not need to peck".

fine we'll go with it not being symbiotic if you're just going keep going on this tangent. but does it change the ACTUAL point that was being made that maybe, just maybe the toucan has a reason not to drill holes just like the other evolutions i named have relationships with other pokemon? no it doesn't. so stop being a retard.

i use muh because you're all a bunch of whiny babies making a big deal out of a fucking beak.
>>
>>29409903
your initial point has been hurr it's obvious it can peck and has shifted into hurr it doesn't have to peck

fuck off
>>
>>29410016
it didn't become this heated until you came in with your terrible arguments for the design.
>>
>>29410031
yeah because apparently other anons meant pecking like drilling holes when i thought they just meant peck to attack pokemon. when i realised they meant drilling holes in trees that's when i offered the alternative. you should read properly next time friendo.
>>
>>29410052
all threads about the toucan this last week have been full of venomous babies, so no.
>>
>>29410016
>what don't you understand about "it might not need to peck".
"It evolves and loses its main means to attack so it can rely on its weaker staged relatives" doesn't make any logical sense.

>>29410076
Toucans can't use their beaks to drill holes either, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>29408867
>It goes from little pecker to humongous pecker.
I'm a grower too. It must suck to be a shower.
>>
>>29410103
1) it can still attack. you're fixated on it not being able to attack just because it can't drill holes. drilling holes =/= the only way to attack. it can still peck it just can't peck like a woodpecker. do other peak that know moves like pluch or peck or drill peck attack like a woodpecker to you? and if they do, do you want an argument about how a crow doesn't use its beak as a drill because murkrow learns drill peck you know.

2) relying on underlings is how lots of pokemon work. a few of which i already named but you then decided to make into a moot argument about the word symbiotic as if that changed the point at all.

and i never said toucans can drill holes. you're doing that thing again where you don't read and play the retard.
>>
File: spearow.png (33KB, 280x183px) Image search: [Google]
spearow.png
33KB, 280x183px
Stop bitching about pikpek.
Pokémon evolutionary lines is fucked up since gen 1.
>>
>>29410188
>Hating on Fearow
>Comparing it to a literal toucan with angry eyes
This is a whole new level of shit taste!
>>
>>29407233
People said/say the same thing about Scizor. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>29410166
>it can still attack.
No shit.

>relying on underlings is how lots of pokemon work.
Except that's wrong, you fucking retard. Honchkrow doesn't "rely" on Murkrow. Tsareena doesn't "rely" on Bounsweet. Having power over weaker mons isn't the same as relying on them.

>and i never said toucans can drill holes.
You mentioned earlier that toucans use their beaks to steal nests from trees as if that were some sort of "gotcha" argument. I just assumed you were implying that was comparable to a woodpecker using its beak to drill into trees.
>>
>>29410251

>I like fearow as a Pokémon but not as a spearow evolution
The same applies to here, dude.
>>
>>29408898
Only among autists.
>>
>>29410292
>no shit
so why did you insert a point about it not being able to attack when no one said that? do you like making shit up?

>having power over weaker mons isn't the same
you're such an unbelivable nitpicky bastard. you know the point i'm trying to get across yet you want to argue about the examples i'm using like you can't understand what i'm saying without examples that relate to the situation perfectly.

also again, rattata get the food for the raticate who sits and gets fat. so why can't the pikipek drill the holes and the toucans use them? you're completely avoiding this except for implying it must lose all function in its beak when it evolves for whatever reason and instead arguing about shit i don't even care about.

>gotcha argument
no it was a point to support the idea that it could use pikipek instead of drilling its own. since apparently what real world toucans do is oh-so necessary for some anons to accept it. and don't assume in future.
>>
>>29410431
>so why did you insert a point about it not being able to attack when no one said that?
Now you're just putting words in MY mouth.

>you know the point i'm trying to get across
I really don't. Every example you've given has been the evolved form using its power to help out the lesser form.
>>
>>29407233
It just seems strange to me; if a pokemon has an evolution based on an entirely different species, it should have a good reason, or the species should be functionally similar. Why would a woodpecker evolve into a toucan? Woodpeckers (and Pikipek) are both heavily associated with rapidly pecking things with their beaks. Toucans, on the other hand, never do that, as their beaks are very sensitive.

There's also the fact that it's literally a toucan. No other pokemon has EVER been this much of a copy of a real-world animal. Even the sandcastle.
>>
Anyone else think it has this perpetual look of disgust?
>>
>>29410369
I like fearow as a spearow evolution tho.

A small aggressive as fuck bird turning into an aggressive as fuck vulture makes more sense than happy woodpecker turning into an angry toucan.
>>
>>29410534

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piciformes
>>
>>29410533
no i'm not >>29410103 who said it loses it main means to attack there? because i never said that. you just made it up.

avoiding the raticate one again i see. guess you don't have your proper glasses on tonight. also you must be an absolute plank if you don't understand the idea i'm suggesting. one last time - the toucan would take over pikipek/its evos nests, thus not needing to drill holes, just like real toucans have been known to take over nests.

i can't say it any clearer than that and i'm not about to turn this into a spoonfeeding session because you absolutely need an already existing example in pokemon to be able to comprehend that sort of behaviour/relationship.
>>
>>29410633
>avoiding the raticate one again i see
I didn't "avoid" it. It's just like Honchkrow's relationship to Murkrow. It might "prefer" to send out Rattata to find food for it, but it's capable of finding food on its own.

Instead of pushing this stupid idea that Toucanmon evolved in a way that makes it incapable of feeding itself, you should have argued that maybe it evolved to find food in areas that don't require drilling holes into trees. You know, like ACTUAL toucans.
>>
>>29409257
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivora

Makes about as much sense as any of these animal pokemon evolving into the other. If Rockruff evolved into a bear it would be just as stupid.
>>
Using the "BUT THEYRE BOTH PICIFORMESS" argument, it's okay for Shinx to evolve into Mightyena and then into Ursaring
>>
>>29411106
sure why not
we've had a porcupine evolve into a badger and everyone is a-okay with that
>>
It fits with the pokemon theme. how do EGGS turn into a TREE?
>>
LE TOUCAN HAS ARRIVED
>>
>>29407725

>Slow

If it's like like Pikipek statwise, it will have bottom tier HP, Def, SpA and SpD, and the highest Atk and speed of any three stage regional bird.

I'm not saying it will be like that, just felt it worth bringing up.
>>
>>29408928
>It learns all the fang moves as well as Crunch and Bite
>>
>>29409081
>he doesn't know about zygodactyl feet
>he thinks that visual appearance and behavior are all that matters in determining species relationships
>>
It's fucking awful as either, take icecream any day over this

A pun name doesn't instantly excuse a pokemon
>>
>>29409527

A seagull and a Pelican look natural next to each other and pretending one evolves into the other is fun. Woodpeckers are traditionally portrayed as woodland creatures and toucans are traditionally tropical. That's what's very awkward about it. It makes it feel like digivolution.
>>
>>29411737
>digivolution
Neck yourself
>>
To save people the trouble:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piciformes

I know, people are PRIMARILY concerned with the fact that the toucan is merely a toucan an absolutely nothing else, and NOT with the fact that 2 seemingly unrelated species are connected. But you know what? Earlier generation Pokemon had simple designs too, and while they may not be anywhere near the degree of this toucan, they had CHARM.

That's what I like about this toucan. It has charm for being nothing more than a toucan.

I will admit though, I am a little disappointed that they didn't just keep the woodpeckers and the toucans separate. But hey, Gamefreak managed to kill 2 birds with one stone
>>
>>29411722
>pun name
We don't even know this thing's name

Unless you're referring to Pikipek
>>
>>29411778
>It has charm for being nothing more than a toucan.

I would actually argue that's the exact reason it has no charm
>>
>>29409527
Theres a huge difference

That line are both coastal birds found close together, have a consistent stylised design and have a hose to bucket motif

If it went from a pecking beak to a sawing or axe beak like people wanted with consistent design elements no one would be mad
>>
File: Pikipek Final Evo.png (609KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pikipek Final Evo.png
609KB, 1000x1000px
>>29411810
HE HAS NO CHARM
>>
>>29411778
Their charm wasn't a product of being close to their real world counterparts, it was due to the simple cartoony designs that also made them distinct

The toucan is too detailed to have that same charm, it is simple in terms of just copied but not in terms of say raticate and its not distinct through this process of cartoonification like krabby is
>>
I don't like that it's a Pikipek evolution nor that it's literally my mom's toucan.
>>
>>29411328
one: they're seeds
two: the tree's 'heads' look just like the 'eggs'
>>
File: Toucanmon_b.jpg (55KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Toucanmon_b.jpg
55KB, 320x320px
I like it as a digimon but not as an digivolution
>>
>>29407333
to add onto this, woodpeckers and toucans are closely related. Toucans also live in holes made by woodpeckers.
>>
>>29411097
>Bat and lion split-evolve from same chrysalis Pokemon

But yeah, actually, if executed properly, Dog to bear might actually work. Pokemon can have multiple inspirations.
>>
I like how it's normal colors are dawn and it's shiny is dusk.
>>
File: 82747898.zOxNz0x1.IMG_2869Ecrop.jpg (415KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
82747898.zOxNz0x1.IMG_2869Ecrop.jpg
415KB, 500x750px
>>29407233
Needs some plumage on it's head, or a cooler looking beak like this. Feels really underdesigned. I'm still going to use it though.
>>
>>29407233
It's not even a Pokemon you dipshit. It's literally our mom's toucan.
>>
>>29407333
Then give it an ax for a beak at least then it would look like a damn Pokemon
>>
>>29415750
This meme
Just die already
>>
>>29415764
So edgy
Underage pleb confirmed
>>
>>29407958
Shit looks like a fat woodpecker but at least it's more passable than my aunt's toucan.
>>
>>29408867
Toucan beaks aren't for pecking jackass. They just picked that shit to make it look more tropical and because they have no idea how beaks work.
>>
>>29409002
The toucan's beak doesn't even look like a weapon.
>>
>>29409405
It's shit because it's a fucking toucan
>>
>>29409594
Bizarro poster plz
>>
>>29415582
Jesus Christ why wasn't this pokemon a rhinoceros hornbill
>>
>>29410284
Except Scizor actually looks like a fucking Pokemon
>>
>>29408846
Thing is: one beak is for one reason, the other for a complete diferente reason.
>>
>>29408846
>>29410627
With this retarded logic that's been going around you might as well have Pikachu evolve into Pachirisu because they probably share a common ancestry. Also it's your mothers fucking toucan.
>>
>>29415773
> edgy
What does this even mean anymore? It's so abused by idiots like you it's almost lost all meaning.
>>
>>29415768
Literally your wife's son's toucan.
>>
>>29415582
This real life fucking animal looks more like a Pokemon.
>>
>>29415909

Toucan Sam looks more like a Pokemon
>>
>>29411778
Being a toucan is exactly why it has no charm or originality. And just because they're genetically similar doesn't make this design any less terrible. And chances are they only made it the final evo to make it look more tropical for the Hawaii theme
>>
>>29414861
> implying this wasn't executed poorly
>>
>>29409405
This image would only make sense in this context if you put the kid evolving into a fucking chimp on the upper line.
>>
>>29407233
This is the first time I have seen this pokemon. My first thought was "It's literally just a fucking toucan. Might be neat in a Farfetch'd sort of way".

Upon learning that it evolves out of a pokemon, what the base pokemon looked like and that it was the Pidgey of this gen, this pokemon is now trash tier. What the FUCK happened here? This should have been one of those pokemon that doesn't evolve, not the evo for the basic bird.

It looks fucking nothing like Pikipek, what the shit. Yes I know they're both Piciformes BUT AT LEAST MAKE THEM HAVE SIMILAR/MATCHING COLOURS for crying out loud. If you told me before today that Pikipek evolved into the Toucan, I'd laugh at you.
>>
>>29408037
>not liking birds

Lol at least they can fly and don't die during childbirth
>>
>>29416774
>BUT AT LEAST MAKE THEM HAVE SIMILAR/MATCHING COLOURS

Look I don't like this Toucan evo either but it has the SAME colors.
>>
>>29409058
Samurott is a grotesque body horror abomination

This is just a toucan.
>>
>>29417657
Birds get eggbound and die all the time
>>
>>29417665
Does everyone realize the 'top half' of beak is just armor?
>>
>>29417665
But they don't MATCH. It's like saying it'd make sense for Trapinch to evolve into Scizor because they have the same colors.
>>
>>29417712
Nice headcanon.
>>
>>29407233
Agreed. It would have been awesome if we had 2 separate lunes for them, also bigger dex. Damn.
>>
>>29408898
I would love that honestly.
>>
File: Giant otter.jpg (64KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Giant otter.jpg
64KB, 400x267px
>>29417695
>Samurott is a grotesque body horror abomination
It's no different from giant otters you cunt
>>
>>29409932
This. I was hoping for a two stage toucan line and a three stage woodpecker. Instead we got a lazy combination
>>
I couldn't resist putting it on my Sun team. Toucans don't excite me one way or the other, but I think this thing is fucking hysterical.

The expression on its face kills me. It looks like its saying "Hey FUCK you!" at every possible second, like some kind of New Jersey regional form Chatot.
>>
>>29417805
That looks nothing like Samurott idiot
>>
File: 1474128170176.png (228KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474128170176.png
228KB, 613x560px
>>29417867
Oh yeah, and as an addendum, everyone complaining about this thing's design is a fucking idiot. I get that it's a bit peculiar for it to have evolved from Pikipek, but if you want to bitch that a Pokemon is literally just a cartoony version of an existing animal, you're 20 years too late to the argument.
>>
>>29409058
Samurrot's design may be hated and it may not fit with its pre-evos, but at least it looks like a Pokemon. My mom's toucan neither looks like a pokemon or fits with its pre-evos. The second is always forgivable but the first is just a must.
>>
File: le toucan has arrived.png (74KB, 548x220px) Image search: [Google]
le toucan has arrived.png
74KB, 548x220px
I can't speak for most people, but the problem I have with the line isn't that it's a woodpecker that turns into a toucan. I get the whole Piciforme thing, and the mid-stage does a decent job of transitioning between the two. It's the fact that it's a literal woodpecker that turns into a literal toucan; there's no theme between the two that justifies the transformation outside of giant beaks. They could have done something more to link them together, like stylizing the beak of the toucan so it looks closer to a boring tool than the blunt weapon it currently looks like it'll be. Even just straightening the beak out a bit or making it metallic would have done wonders for making the design more consistent with it's pre-evolutions. At the moment it just looks like a flimsy board that'd be just as fragile as the actual thing it's based off of, which just doesn't mesh well with Pikipek or Pikipek2.
>>
File: otter.png (101KB, 410x95px) Image search: [Google]
otter.png
101KB, 410x95px
>>29417912
>It needs to look 100% identical to the animal to be the animal
Their body structures are no different. They even both possess thumbs on their forelimbs.
>>
>>29418076
Thanks for proving my point further. Samurott is fucking hideous.
>>
File: COMEATMEBITCHES.png (378KB, 459x418px) Image search: [Google]
COMEATMEBITCHES.png
378KB, 459x418px
>>29418221
Looks fine to me. You have problems with creatures with massive facial hair?
>>
>>29407333
I was already hoping for a Toucan pokemon so I love the design itself. I just don't like that it's in Pikipeks line since I wanted a Woodpecker line from that.

I like the design too, just a cartoon toucan. Which is all I wanted. If we can use PkHex I'll probably add Chatot to my team because I don't recall seeing it in the regional dex leak.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.