[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do encounter rates work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-131Lapras.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-131Lapras.png
51KB, 250x250px
I'm currently hunting for a lapras in azure bay

the spawns while surfing in azure bay are as follows

>Tentacruel level 25-27- 84%
>Mantyke level 27 - 15%
>Lapras level 27 - 1%

my question is, if I put a level 27 pokemon in the front of my party, and use a repel, do I effectively increase the encounter rate of lapras?

since I won't run into any of the lower level Tentacruel which makes up most of the encounters in the area, will I end up finding lapras faster through this method? or am I wasting time?
>>
>>29398709
Not necessarily faster, you'll likely get fewer encounters in a given time. But more of those will be Lapras than if you did not repel.
>>
>>29398727
Not him, but I wish I had done some research back then. I spent literally 4 hours trying to catch a female Lapras in a Dive Ball for balltism purposes.
>>
>>29398727
but all of those encounters that I'm missing out on are necessarily non-lapras ones, yeah? so it would save me tons of time in animations and clicking.
>>
>>29398781
Yeah, you'd get less encounters, but each one would have a much higher than normal change of encountering Lapras.
>>
>>29398709
First: Search on Bulbapedia for the route/landmark of the Pokémon you are searching for. (Marowak in Rock Tunnel in HGSS)

Second: Ensure you have a Pokémon of the same level you are looking for. (Marowak only appear at Lv. 16 in Rock Runnel in HGSS)

Third: Use any of the three repels to force that all the Pokémon that are the same level or higher. This makes that the Pokémon with low encounter rate to be more common (Now Marowak, Kangaskhan and Onix encounter rates are 17/17/66%)

Fourth: Profit! Alternatively, on Kalos Route 12 an NPC h ives to you a Lapras. Did you talked to any NPC on that route?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.