[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuzlocke General /Nzg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: PikaStealyoBitch.jpg (70KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
PikaStealyoBitch.jpg
70KB, 1440x810px
Post your updates to your runs

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8
>>
File: BBsecundo.png (273KB, 2074x562px) Image search: [Google]
BBsecundo.png
273KB, 2074x562px
Thanks for reviving the thread, Op, although I don't have much faith in its survival given how close we are to S&M release

Anyway, here's my team so far, arrived in Nimbasa, no death but I haven't faced Elesa yet
>>
File: brotodile.png (60KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
brotodile.png
60KB, 247x200px
friendly neighbourhood bump
>>
>>29398083
I want to play DS hacks but I like playing on my 3ds :( Currently running SS cart. Emulator prob makes it so much faster to grind though
>>
>>29398575
Indeed there's a speed button built in Desmume. You get used to playing on emulators after a while and the reward of playing hacks is worth it, Drayano hacks are so fun to play.
>>
>>29398628
I hear they're hard as shit, but then again after playing vanillas for so long maybe thats what you need as a challenge

is there an exhaustive list of his hacks?
>>
>>29398678
I know of BlazeBlack/Voltwhite 1 & 2, Sacred Gold/Storm Silver.
But I'm pretty sure he's done some for 3DS games as well. And I don't know if Flawless Platinum is his.

I honestly can't play Vanilla versions anymore. Honestly they're hard but not stupid hard, it's possible to Nuzlocke them once you get the hang of it (I've reached the E4 several times on BB, once on Sacred Gold. Post game is hard as shit though)
Having varied teams is an incredible luxury and I can't stand being overleveled all the time in Vanilla versions
>>
Rolling for starters

1-3 Aron
4-6 Nidoran
7-9 Caterpie
0 reroll
>>
>>29397180
I failed my first attempt at my "brutalocke" last night, got killed off by a stupid trainer.

I was an hour in, not sure if I'll try again tonight.
>>
>>29398794
>brutalocke
What?
>>
>>29398818
It's just a dumb variation of nuzlocke I made up since nuzlocke was too easy for me.

>No potions during battle.
>KOed Pokemon remain dead
>Can only have up to 6 Pokemon total the entire game, so you have to be careful what you catch/obtain

It uh, it didn't go well.
>>
anyone wanna watch a vanilla white 2 stream? if so starting in 5 minutes or so on jollynuzcrew.com (neegus section) come on over and suggest pokemon names/song choices
>>
File: Prelesa.png (73KB, 379x528px) Image search: [Google]
Prelesa.png
73KB, 379x528px
>>29398083
Alright, Elesa, here we fucking go
I'm Scared
>>
>>29398789
Enjoy youre caterpie
>>
Hey guys! I want to start my first Nuz, so, what rules should I use?
>>
>>29399244
standard with no dupes unless you want to get raped your first time, in which case disregard that and add extra rules about catches/items/set battle style etc (maybe even play a hack game if you wanna really get rekt)
>>
File: Bulldozer.png (66KB, 382x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bulldozer.png
66KB, 382x540px
>>29399201
Shouldn't have been. Francis solo'd the gym! Adaptability Bulldoze is simply too strong. Emolga scared me with a Crit Acrobatics from the get-go but it was all downhill from then on for poor Elesa. Protect to scout for shenanigans, Bulldoze when it's safe, piece of cake.

I shouldn't get too confident, that's when I start losing lots of Pokémon, and Cheren is up next iirc.

>>29399244
>Ko=death
>Dupes Clause
>Shiny Clause
That's about it I'd say
>>
>>29399238
keked

butterBEAST
>>
>>29399244
1. First encounter of area
2. dupes clause (if you run into same mon in subsequent area, you can skip it and catch the next thing that appears that you dont already have)
3. shiny clause (can catch anything shiny)
4. Pokemon faints, you release it
5. nickname everything
>>
Running vanilla Diamond, mostly blind, getting ready to take on Candice. Not sure if I should keep Kromo or if I should hatch the Riolu egg

What I do know that this game is giving me a valuable lesson in how much I've let myself be spoiled by the gen 6 exp share. Because these are the most deaths I've had in a run that hasn't failed yet.
>>
>>29398914
giving myself a little more time to set up but I will be streaming in 20 minutes or so

same link
>>
>>29399424
Or just box then and pretend it's a grave yard, so you can keep track of all your fuck ups.
>>
>>29399620
releasing helps me not cheat, cause im a morally bankrupt piece of shit
>>
File: Timonsdemise.png (166KB, 381x548px) Image search: [Google]
Timonsdemise.png
166KB, 381x548px
>>29399321
My stupidity has cost me my beloved Timon. I somehow didn't switch him out against Cheren's Samurott. No way he was going to survive a STAB Sacred Sword.

Obviously he was past his prime and I wanted to bench him right after this fight. It wasn't meant to be...

You'll be remembered for being a beast early game, Timon. Got me through the second gym without a scratch, Hypnosis, Detect & Confuse Ray work like wonder at this point in the game.

Farewell, sweet prince.
>>
I started a run for the first time yesterday, and lost it today to the second gym.

What's your general approach? I tried to keep 3 pokemon afloat with the story level but evidently that doesn't work. Should I focus most of my efforts on only one like a regular playthrough?
>>
>>29399716
You definitely need a diverse team otherwise you won't make it. It only takes one hard counter to fuck you up if you only leveled one mon
>>
>>29399716
Train your whole team up but movepools are much more important in nuzlockes imo, cause its all about coverage. Also, know the levels of the mons youre gunna fight because losing on a blind nuz is no fun
>>
File: 125468468418.jpg (165KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
125468468418.jpg
165KB, 900x599px
Bump
>>
just started a Yellow version nuzlocke what should I expect
>>
>>29401710
To get fucked by Brock if you don't get a Mankey or Caterpie.
>>
>>29401710
good luck fampai
>>
>>29401815
>>29401947
well I didn't get a Mankey or a Caterpie but I got a Nidoran will that help me with Brock?
>>
What's the consensus on gen 6 lockes and Exp Share, does it make things too easy or not?

About to start a Alpha Sapphire one, and going to play Sun on a locke right away.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 1698x1140px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 1698x1140px
Lost my level 70 Venusaur to a critical +4 X-Scissor from a Scizor on Victory Road

Feels pretty bad man
>>
>>29402569
What game?
>>
>>29402569
Oh god anon i apologize, that is literally depressing
>>
>>29402303
Doubt it with the limited gen 1 movepool but may be able to weather through onix
>>
>>29402569
Fuck man, that's rough.
Which game was that? I always hate losing my starter
RIP
>>
File: Toocloseforcomfort.png (83KB, 417x313px) Image search: [Google]
Toocloseforcomfort.png
83KB, 417x313px
>>29399667
>>29398083
C-Clutch I guess.
Even fucking wild Delibirds are dangerous in BB, really did not expect a Sucker Punch here. And a crit too.

I gotta catch that fucker too
>>
>>29404957
Wait I wasn't looking but I used Yawn so it wasn't Sucker Punch. I don't know what the fuck did so much damage then, acrobatics possibly
>>
>>29404957
>>29404981
>dat 1hp
>>
>>29404957
And the fucker doesn't want to stay in a ball either. This Delibird is crafty
>>
File: NAMES.png (73KB, 416x385px) Image search: [Google]
NAMES.png
73KB, 416x385px
Name this asshole who almost killed two of my Pokémons with Crit Aerobatics and cost me way too many balls to catch
>>
>>29405142
SHITBIRB
>>
>>29405142
Krampus, to keep with its holiday theme
>>
File: Shitbirb.png (145KB, 377x669px) Image search: [Google]
Shitbirb.png
145KB, 377x669px
>>29405234
Here you go.
Not that shitty actually, might use it against Clay and it will die horribly at the first Rock attack
>>
File: 1.jpg (16KB, 249x318px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16KB, 249x318px
>>29405142

NIGGER, use a lower case L for the I, if it is censored.
>>
>>29398083
Fuck me, I've been getting real Shitmons lately.
I was really hyped for my 4 catch opportunities once in Driftveil city.
Could have gotten amazing Mons in those areas.

But no, it had to be Wingull, Delibird, Wailmer & fucking Natu.

I know you're supposed to discover unexpected bros in Nuzlockes but I've used Delibird & Xatu before, they're both absolute unusable, instantly killed liabilities of a Pokémon. I'll try to use Wailord I guess but I'm not sold
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.