[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1st trial: Normal >Going through the cave defeating Rattatas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 16

>1st trial: Normal
>Going through the cave defeating Rattatas (moon)/Yungooses(sun) and Raticate(moon)/Gumshoos(sun)
>Inside the trial cave there's a convenient FUCKING TM31 BRICK BREAK

Imagine finding Scald or Waterfall in Brocks, Roxannes or Roarks gyms
Imagine finding Volt Tackle in Falkner gym
Imagine finding Rock Slide in Viola's gym

GG Game Freak
>>
Just don't fucking use it.
>>
>>29395821
I mean, it's not like GF never puts convient typed Pokemon before you tackle the gyms or anything in some earlier entries.
>>
File: heresyour(you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
heresyour(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>Tutorial trial
>Expecting difficulty
>>
>>29395847
>Pokemon
>Expecting difficulty
>>
>Bug-type Gym
>plenty of Fire-types available nearby
>Rock-type Gym
>plenty of Water- and Fighting-types available nearby
>Ice-type Gym
>plenty of Steel- and Fire-types available nearby

GG GameFreak
>>
>>29395821
>brock is first gym
>game gives you Bulbasaur OR squirtle

For fuck sake Gamefreak
>>
>>29395821
I don't understand this. There was a time when Pokemon games weren't easy?
>>
>Implying any of the starters gonna learn it
Probs some other early things can learn it but we shall see.
>>
You mean like Striaton City Gym?
>>
>>29395821
>get ice beam right before iris
OOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOooooo
>>
>>29395845
Should I forgo catching pokemon while I'm at it?
>>
>>29395915
You mean like Whitney?
>>
Before every Electric type gym save for Wattson and Volkner there's a route or cave nearby that allows you to get a Ground type. In the Gen 2 games and their remakes you can catch two Pokemon with Foresight and access to Psychic attacks to face off against North.
>>
>>29395821
>implying you are forced to use brick break
>implying a tutorial isn't made so even beginner can get through easy while more seasoned players can still not use it.

Just stop being nitpicky as fuck..
>>
>>29395845
Just use screech without attacking
>>
>>29395846
>>29395895
>>29395903
>>29395926
Implying Pokemon with super effective type is the same as baiscally handling the trainer a powerful super effective move in the fucking trial cave
>>
>just don't use it XD
>>
>>29395965
Yeah, that's even worse.
STAB is a thing.
>>
>>29395965
See >>>29395942
>>
>>29395821
>thinking that trial equals a gym challenge
>when a considerable part of the game is going to be about fighting bosses - UBs
I cannot wait to see all these sperglords crying about SM having too different formula from the old games.
>>
>>29395965
Having type advantage makes it easier than having a tm that's super effective.
>>
>Emerald
>catch a Sableye
>solo Brawley
>>
>Always make you get a SE pokemon for gyms your starter is bad against in a route right next to the gym
>This time make you get a tm so new players know to use them, no starters are SE so its even
>This is suddenly a travesty

I imagine starters wont learn it anyway, smart way to encourage catching new pokemon and learning tms
>>
>>29395983
If you don't have a pokemon that can learn brick break you can't cancel the trial to go catch one, either.
>>
>GF isnt trying to make the games even easier than XY
>You're imagining things

This fucking board. Whats ironic they wont stop bitching about XY being too easy but SM? Pre release hype time so nope its all good, its not getting easier at all
>>
>>29395929
>not doing a starter only no tm nuzlock

Pleb
>>
>>29395987
>If you don't have a pokemon that can learn brick break you can't cancel the trial to go catch one, either

You can
>>
>>29395996
>they wont stop bitching about XY being too easy
Anon...
those people are the same people bitching about SM's difficulty
>>
>>29395821
I love how you imply that a move with just 15 BP less but that drops the enemy's speed 100% of the time isn't just as broken.
>>
>>29396005
Source?
>>
>>29395821
GF will keep dumbing down the games because smartphone babies can't into difficulty
>>
>>29395996
Except we have multiple sources saying its harder than XY, and we have all the points made in this thread, and we have the fact that gen 5 did it worse

But sure this fucking board
>>
>>29395821
Well in Gen 2 they had a convenient trade for a Machop just north of Whitney.
>>
>>29396030
>Except we have multiple sources saying its harder than XY
WHERE?
>>
>>29396053
Literally everyone who played the 2 hour demo but gamexplain
>>
>>29396053
The GameXplain or however they spell it preview, the translated Japanese one that was floating around, the Corocoro vid and theres a spanish one or something
>>
>>29396065
Ok sources, quotes, come on

chop chop

>>29396070
bullshit, bullshit bulsshit
Quotes or fuck off
>>
>>29396082
They did like 5 fucking youtube videos look yourself you lazy cunt
>>
>>29396082
>waaaah why won't you spoonfeed me!
>>
> play demo
> watch first trial
> forget that this is a tiny portion of the game

> REEEEEE too easy

I swear to god this board is 40% Genova level retard.
>>
>>29396094
>>29396100
So you dont have anything

Thanks for admitting it
>>
>>29396108
Yeah that Ariados on Guzma's team is super threatning. And that Nosepass on Olivia's team

And those captains whom you dont battle
>>
Well, totem gumshoos needed a -2 defense drop to cancel out its +2 before crabrawler could do anything in the corocoro video with rock smash, even if it was slightly staged. Pikipeks own rock smash was basically useless as well. Raticate might be easier due to the 4x weakness though. Bite being the same power for stab and strong jaw doesn't help. I'm not expecting the jaws of death, but I doubt most kids will try to use status moves and the like even with a team of six. They'll probably have an over leveled starter and meat shields if I'm to make another assumption, and that won't help much either. We have gym leaders to go by, but gym leaders can't 2 on 1 for an easy 2ko on anything not a fighting type.
>>
>>29396121
You haven't even touched the game and you're forming an opinion.

Do you just want to hate things or?
>>
>>29396108
>tiny portion
the front of the game up to the first trial is probably around 40% of the game anon. stop kissing gamefreaks ass
>>
>>29396121
Guzma isn't even the real evil team leader you fool
>>
>>29396132
You haven't even touched the game and you're forming an opinion.
Do you just want to love things you know shit about?
>>
>>29395895
>Sapphire and Emerald
>Fighting type gym
>Ghost type pokemon available nearby
>Emerald
>Brawly's team can't even hit Sableye
GG Game Freak
>>
>>29396134
Proof please?
>>
>>29396138
And thats why he should be easy

Cool thought process bro
>>
>>29396114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPopri64yo
https://youtu.be/rADvOOpsSAM

Jesus Christ your dense if you can't find shit after being given the name, they've been discussed to death anyway but guess you had school on
>>
>>29396134
I sure enjoy fighting the champion at level 23!
>>
>>29396134
>1/7 of trials = 40% of game

Welp you heard it here, 3 and a half hour game confirmed
>>
Um.... is this a surprise?

In the recent interview Masuda and Ohmori said they havent implemented difficulty setting and at the same time they said they want SM to be easily approachable to the new players and players "of this smartphone era" players

What is there to not understand?

The game wont be harder than XY
>>
>>29395821

just use only your favs
>>
>>29396140
Show me where I said "Oh wow, SM is great!"

Shit argument try again. You're the one who decided to moan about a game you haven't played. All I did was suggest you wait until you play it to form an opinion.
>>
>>29396147
Are you dumb?

They gave that guy some random ass team and people think SM will be difficult because he got bodied in a staged 6 minute battle

Yesterday they've played the game live for over an hour and they beat the totem no problem
>>
>>29395903

> Mankey on the left route
>>
>>29396173
They had a makuhita.
It was kicking their ass until they brought it in.
>>
>>29396173
Never said it was difficult moron, just that it's par for the course
>>
>>29395821
>Bullet seed before roxane
>Most pokemon before gyms have an advantage over the gym leader
>>
You can catch a mankey/makuhita, teach it brick break and ohko the totem pokemon. Also, why the fuck was it only level 12? He had a team of 5 pokemon that were roughly the same level.
>>
>>29396205
They started the stream at level 12.
Most people who played only reached level 12 when they reached the totem unless they grinded.
>>
>>29396121
Those are certainly more threathening at that point of the game than the same kind of Pokemon but in the E4.
>>
>>29396205
It's a 2v1 with a free iron defence and a prematurely evolved pokemon

I'll accept that as equivalent to a level 12 and 14 separately, at least this time your fighting type will take a hit
>>
>>29396217
>Most people who played only reached level 12 when they reached the totem unless they grinded.

Wrong. Gamexplain guys said they were level 12 before meeting the first captain even.

Most of the people were level 12 after first two hours but very few reached the trial (and those who did were speeding through the game rather than exploring)
>>
>>29396245
Gamexplain abused instant rematches to test them out

Regardless everyone here will have exp share off, if not why the fuck make this thread?
>>
>>29396245
Gamexplain guy also implied he only used his starter, as it was a lot higher level than anything else he had
>>
>>29396260
He did only few rematches plus it still doesnt mean shit since he didnt even meet Illima!
>>
>>29396121
Blaine decided it would be a good idea to build a gym inside an active volcano island that was surrounded by water and Water type Pokemon.
Before you take on Byron you go to Iron Island that's filled with Ground types.
>>
>>29396311
Yes all games are piss easy

SM isnt easier at all

Got it
>>
>>29396346
You're the one saying Beautifly on an E4 is good, anon.
>>
>>29396346
Exactly
>>
>>29396368
I did not realize we'd bring the E4 into this.
>>
Giving a useful TM just before the first """hard""" fight is a good tutorial, and even so the player would need pokemon capable of learning it.

It's not as big of a deal as xp share
>>
>>29396272
It also doesn't mean shit because you're avoiding exp share being on
>>
>>29395821
Is not mandatory to use it.
>>
>>29395821
Why is everyone so surprised and appalled? The games are getting easier and more casualised, no one is trying to hide it.
If you don't like what Pokemon is turning into don't play it, there's a whole backlog of better Pokemon games to play. It's not like GF care what we have to say people will still buy the games anyway.

I'm just getting sun and moon hoping the games are still fun without the difficulty, if it's another x and y scenario I'm throwing in the towel. it was a good run.
>>
>>29395821
I know right. And isn't Doom just fucking awful for haveing AMMO in sections that branch off from the linear path to HELP those who EXPLORE and not make the game just trail and error? Or how there are trade Pokemon in Jhoto that have a type advantage to the gym in the same city? Who could have used their noodles to come up with such awful ideas of teaching new plays how to play the game with gameplay?
>>
>>29395913
>Inb4 Litten learn brick break
>>
>>29395821
Am I not right in thinking that almost every Pokemon game since gen 1 gives you access to a Pokemon stronger than the gym's type in the route before the gym? How is this a new thing?
>>
>>29395845
Just don't play the game as it was intended!
>>
>>29397921
Yes this time they went step further by giving you a powerful move DURING THE TRIAL on top of Fighting types before the trial
>>
>>29397965
What if you don't have any pokemon that can use it though?
It's imo more balanced than having a Pokemon that's basically guaranteed to 1 hit ko the pokemon basically given to you.
>>
>>29395821
Imagine finding Diglett near Lt. Surge gym
Imagine being able to trade for a Machop before Whitney gym
Imagine being able to find magnemite before Roxie gym with an NPC literally telling you they are immune to poison
>>
>>29395942
And with Wattson, the Rusturf Tunnel is easily accessible, and the Granite Cave is required to move past Dewford just two towns before.
>>
>>29397997
>Imagine finding Diglett near Lt. Surge gym
Imagine TM for Dig in Lt Surge gym
>Imagine being able to trade for a Machop before Whitney gym
Imagine Brick Break TM in Whitney's gym
>Imagine being able to find magnemite before Roxie gym with an NPC literally telling you they are immune to poison
Imagine finding TM for Psychock in Roxie's gym
>>
>>29395981
>any Hoenn game
>catch Tailow
>solo Brawly
>>
>>29395821
>1st Gym is Rock
>go west of town to catch some pokemon. Nidoran and Mankey
>Brock can conveniently be faught with FUCKING FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON AND MOVES

Oh, gee. Imagine that.
>>
All you fucks are basing it off streams.. wait until you actually play for yourself then come back and bitch.
>>
>>29395929
>>29395962
>>29397940
i suppose every tm you pick up you ALWAYS teach to a pokemon then? and you ALWAYS use the box legendary on your team since you're forced to catch it? that's the way the game is intended, right?

the tm is an option if you're struggling. it's not a necessity and acting like it just makes you look like a child having a tantrum.
>>
>>29398020
And your dumb shitposting goes to shit when you realize you get Dig's TM the city BEFORE Surge's.
>>
>>29398020
you don't need psyshock for roxie's gym when the game gives you magnemite right before the gym. continue being a retard though!
>>
>>29395846
Where's my SE type for beating Watson and his 2 faggot tier pokemon in emerald?
>>
>>29398084
>just don't use it
Spouting the same busted argument over and over does not make it right, anon.
>>
File: 1470786468298.png (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470786468298.png
90KB, 500x500px
>woooow they put a fucking Bellsprout/Oddish right before Misty's gym fucking casualised shit REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29398148
if you aren't going to reply to my points and just post some shitty non-argument because you have no counter point then don't bother replying. thanks.
>>
>>29398020
>Imagine TM for Dig in Lt Surge gym
You mean the TM you find in the town just before?
>>
>>29398160
Man you had to grind those little shits to get them ready for Misty. Cerulean had really bad wild pokemon level balancing, they didn't really increase in level from Mount Moon and Misty's pokemon were like level 21 iirc.
>>
>People comparing rewarding the player for exploring by finding new Pokemon that may be effective against the upcoming gym vs. Conveniently placing a TM containing a 75 Power Fighting move in the FIRST trial, that will probably help carry you throughout most of the game as well
This is like handing you fucking Surf in Brock's Gym.
>>
>>29398271
Thats my point exactly
>>
>>29395965

It's not like you can't find Crabrawlers on the way to the totem.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>29398084
Yes, that's exactly what's intended. You don't purposely gimp yourself to grant the illusion of difficulty, you use the best tools available. I guess we should all use Caterpies the entire game since actual good Pokemon are there just if you're "struggling".
I could understand if they placed some shit like Rock Smash in there, but fucking Brick Break? It was embarrassing to watch the Crabrawler in the corocoro stream bring a buffed boss Pokemon down to a sliver of HP in one hit.
>>
>>29398271
>dig before lt. surge
>no exploration needed
But keep grasping for straws, why don't you.
>>
>>29398020
Except we were already given Dig before Surge's gym anyway.
>>
>>29398271
It's not like you get the choice between a physical or special Ice type, a hold item to boost Ice type moves, AND the TM for Avalanche immediately before any Dragon gyms at least.
>>
>>29398341
This is all dependent on you catching and using a Fighting type that can learn it. Which you might not want to do. I mean you can trivialise Whitney by getting the Machop or Graveler but not everyone does because they want use the Pokémon they want not the best optimised teams.
>>
>>29396374
why is aroon's team so shit? thank god I played platinum.
>>
There's a difference between hunting for Pokémon vs picking up a TM.
True you may find Pokémon needed to beat a gym in the area, but you still have to look for, fight it, catch and if needed train it.
>>
File: 1473184094802.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1473184094802.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>29397940
>as it was intended!
Oh look, it's an 'optimal efficiency' asshole who doesn't believe they have a choice at all.
>>
>>29397997
magnemite tho.

It made like half the game 50% easier.
>>
>>29396012
It's 25 less BP, actually. But it also drops defense, not speed, so that may just be better
>>
>>29398341
you don't catch and use every pokemon in the game. you don't use every tm in the game. you don't NEED to use something as soon as you pick it up. use it after the totem fight instead of before. it's not gimping yourself, it's recognising that you don't NEED to teach that move there and then for the game to progress. that's the problem with your attitude, you're pretending it's forced to be taught to one of your pokemon right there and then with no other alternative when it's total player choice. like picking up a diglet before lt. surge or using the dig tm.

and you'd be making the same complaints about rock smash if it happened. because some groups of people on the internet think they're super special because they want pokemon to be this hardcore game or because they beat a gym leader in the past without using an easy method. get the fuck over yourself it's not happening.

>You don't purposely gimp yourself to grant the illusion of difficulty, you use the best tools available.

pokemon has never been difficult so this point is especially dumb.

>>29398271
finding and using the pokemon is optional. as is using the tm. this is the logic and rational thinking you babies don't seem to understand. just because the game gives you something doesn't mean you have to use right there and then. you get the volt switch tm before skyla in gen v by your logic that's the game making it baby mode by making sure you have a super effective tm before the next change. it's shitty, stupid flawed logic and you're a retard.
>>
>>29395821
Just wait until the game gives you mega mewtwo on the second trial.

ORAS 2.
>>
>>29396260
>Regardless everyone here will have exp share off
Not everyone. The people who don't give a shit and don't mind being over-leveled won't turn it off.

The people who have no concept of free will and will insist that it is the 'optimal' way to play will also not turn it off, and will then promptly bitch and complain.

The latter group is sad and depressing.
>>
>>29398667

Anon, new anon here, why are you retarded and implying that getting a tm before a gym leader is the same as getting it inside their gym?
>>
>>29398750
because the point is that it doesn't matter when you get it, you still have access to that tm for the fight. so by the logic being used that is making the game easier.

are you seriously going to say finding the tm 1 minute earlier outside the trial cave is different to find it in the cave? you're still getting it before the fight either way.
>>
>>29396134
>1/7 Trials
>0/4 Kahuna Battles
>0% Guzma/Gladion/Plumeria Battles
>0% Ultra-Beast Battles
>40% of the Game
You are either bad at math or think this game is gonna be 2 and a half hours long
>>
>>29396163
Does that mean a lower difficulty? NO.
Smart phone games gain popularity via wait times and IAP
Or by being hard as shit to encourage IAP to help out
>>
>>29398148
>>29398341
These posts literally read
>"I'm so autistic, I lack the self control to not use these things I don't like!!!!"
>>
>3rd Gym: Electric
>Go into cave
>Can get Diglett or Dugtrio

GG Game Freak
>>
>>29398667
>Just don't use it!
Again, you don't HAVE to, but why on earth wouldn't you? To pretend the game is harder than it really is? Giving you a 75 Power SE move in the F I R S T challenge shouldn't even be an option.
>But they've done it before?
And suddenly this excuses making the games even more mindlessly easy? Everyone was hyped that Totems might be challenging, now I won't be surprised if they hand you Thunder before you fight Wishiwashi, and the first thing it does is set up Rain.
>But Diglett!
Again, there's a world of difference between rewarding the player for exploration, and handing them an "I win" button for the first boss fight.

You also fail to realize that this just proves everything else is going to dumbed down as we feared. Don't be surprised when no trainer has more than 3 Pokemon, don't be surprised when the legendaries are gifted to you, don't be surprised when your team is overleveled even without EXP Share.
>>
>>29398556
>Destroys Roxie
>Does fine against Burgh
>Alright against Elesa
>Doesn't do much to Clay
>Destroys Skyla
>Does fine against Drayden aside from Flygon
>Destroys Marlon

Magnezone was a bro
>>
>>29399057
>and handing them an "I win" button
You mean like the Dig TM you get in the city before?
>>
>>29399128
The unavoidable Dig TM, too
>>
>>29399128
>A 60 Power 2-Turn move before the 3rd gym that you can teach only once is the same as a 75 Power Fighting move you can teach the regional bird in the first gym
Also
>They did it before, so it's OK to do it now!
>>
>>29399057
>why on earth would you
because you're not an idiot and recognise it will take away the fun of the battle? people aren't robots, use your brain to recognise which will give you more enjoyment when playing. if you want to speed through the battle teach the brick break move, if you think it will be too easy don't teach it until afterwards.
>even more mindlessly easy
they've never been hard, so you seem to be living under some sort of delusion where pokemon was ever challenging and maybe you have some sort of entitlement or maybe just over inflated hopes that this game would be different. that's your fault.
>handling them an "I win"
i already pointed out that you're handed useful moves all the time, just because it doesn't happen inside the area of a boss doesn't mean it's irrelevant. you aren't going to forget you have the ice beam tm and are about to face the dragon leader just because you didn't pick up the ice beam tm in the room with the dragon trainer. stop trying to fool yourself into thinking what you're saying is an actual argument because it's mind numbingly stupid. you get the surf move before blaine, that's another example.

>don't be surprised when the legendaries are handed to you

I hope you enjoy playing with a team of legendaries then since you seem so narrow minded and stubborn you think you have to use everything that's given to you and have no choice in the matter.
>>
>>29398667
It wasn't difficult, yes, but it wasn't this piss-easy before, either.
>>
>>29399177
It shouldn't hand them out to you in the first place.
>>
>>29395942
N.. North?
>>
>>29399202
so we're to get no tms at all for the entire game? i guess we also shouldn't have grass patches that can't be avoided because you might run into a pokemon that you MUST ALWAYS catch and have no choice in catching. and it could give you a type advantage later in the game!

think about what you're saying.
>>
>>29395929
Technically you're not allowed to capture pokemon while doing a trial, so yes.
>>
>Wah why should I gimp myself to make it challenging

Has anyone ITT actually played a pokemon game before?

Theres literally no challenge outside of gimping yourself, you can pretty much always just load a diverse movepool onto your starter and never do any thinking outside of the type chart as you slowly eclipse everything else in level

Arguing that a tm is different to a pokemon which gets SE stab because it's slightly closer to the boss is the most retarded shit I've seen all day
>>
>people expecting difficulty in a children's game

Guys, the endgame is for you. Catch them all, breed for perfect IVs, fight other autismos online, etc. The story is there for the kids who buy all the plushies and watch the anime.
>>
>>29399242
Legendaries should not be handed out like candy, nor should overpowered TMs. Gen I gets a pass for Dig because they had no idea what they were doing half the time. 20 years later they have no such excuse.

>>29399291
>>29399326
I miss when this series felt like it was aiming at the ages 10-13 demographic and not the 4-6 one.
>>
nigga the in-game this franchise has been all about self-imposed difficulty from Gen 1

it is designed so that 8 year old can beat it literally by pressing two buttons

is there really that much of a hard line between "extremely fucking thoughtlessly easy" and "nearly effortless"
>>
>>29399177
The game shouldn't be designed in a way that makes it mindlessly easy. Again, just because it's been done before doesn't mean they should be getting even easier.
>You get Surf before Blaine!
Oh wow, you get a 90 Power move before the 2nd to last Gym Leader, that's totally comporable to getting a 75 Power move before your Pokemon are barely breaching level 10.

Again, since you seem to be so thick, I know you're not forced to take these options, but it's becoming harder to find any difficulty when the games are made easier and easier. Just keep being an apologist, don't be surprised when there's no post game either, since they've directly stated that kiddies won't want that either. I guess that's OK to you too, right?
>>
>>29399333
legendaries i would agree with you on if only because it feels like it reduces their status as a legendary. not for an easiness thing since you can just dump them in the PC without using them.

but TMs no, i don't agree. for reasons i already said.

>they have no idea what they're doing 20 years later

except they do. they aren't trying to make the games super hard and have repeatedly said as such in interviews. they've said it's all about player choice which is why both kids and adults continue to enjoy it. it's fans like the crybabies in this thread that are the ones forcing this hard and challenging view.
>>
>>29399333
Except I was 6 when I beat red

Assuming you aren't 6 just leave the fucking tm alone
>>
>>29399333
>I miss when this series felt like it was aiming at the ages 10-13 demographic and not the 4-6 one.
like, never ever in the history of the franchise
>>
>>29399368

>shouldn't be designed in a way that makes it mindlessly easy

so 8 year olds who mindlessly beat it today may have it 1% easier than the 8 year olds who mindlessly beat it 15-17 years ago. who cares?

you are an adult. on a scale of 1 to 10, how challenging would it be for you without this TM thing?
>>
>>29399291
It's just a handful of people who have been given the ability to know something is shit without sufficient prior knowledge.

If only their mothers had the same ability, then we wouldn't be stuck with their incessant whining.
>>
>>29398341
>You dont purposely gimp yourself

What is Nuzlocke and Monotype
>>
>>29399368
>since you seem to be thick

amusing since i'm the one being rational and logical when you're just being a raging manchild because a children's game includes OPTIONS to play however you want. which you say you understand but by you're constant tirades i really don't think you do.

>surf is fine to wipe the gym leader's ass but not the earlier gyms

oh so it's ok for the end of the game to be easy but not the beginning? gotcha. retard.

>apologist
>muh casualising and dumbing down the game meme

i actually pity you.
>>
>>29398525
DP Flint is worse, he just has 2 fire types.
>>
>>29395821
They sort of did that in B&W and B2&W2 by giving the player the ability to explore nearby routes to catch pokemon that would help them with the local gym.
>>
>>29399468
IMO nuzlocke makes the game really engaging and some of these autists should try it.
>>
>>29399493
They also just hand you a pokemon to beat the first gym with
>>
>>29399471
You're not being rational or logical, you're screaming "manchild! retard!" in place of real arguments.
Yes, its perfectly OK to get better options as the enemies become stronger. It's not OK to get such a strong move this early.
I pity you for actually defending making the games even easier. There's going to be a point where no matter how you matter how much you gimp yourself, the games will still be a complete cakewalk. And you're absolutely OK with that.
>>
>>29399172
You mean a 100 BP 2 turn move. So basically a 2 turn Earthquake
>>
>>29399493
It's not new, in gen 1 you had the diglett cave near Lt.Surge gym, and in yelow they made Mankey available earlier and make it able to learn low kick at level 9 so you could have one with a super effective stab before Brock.
>>
>>29399389
>it's fans like the crybabies in this thread that are the ones forcing this hard and challenging view
You're on a Cambodian chiseling chatroom dedicated to this series, what are you doing here if you're not a fan?

That aside, what makes you believe they'll follow through on these notions of player choice when they've taken control and choice away from the player when more and more hand-holding story moments have been forced in each gen and in this one you now can't wear your own customized clothed with pokeride or use your own pokemon?
>>
>>29398049
>1st Gym is Rock/Ground
>Game gives you Pokemon with a 4x advantage against that type combo
SOMEBODY FUCKING STOP THEM
>>29398160
>Pikachu as early as Viridian Forest
GODDAMN, POKEMON SURE IS SHIT
>>29399018
>Fearow caught back in Route 3, Flying beats grass
GG, GAMEFREAK, YOU CASUALIZING SHITS
>>
>>29399590
in place of real arguments? are you for real? i've made at least 10 posts arguing and making points. if you're going to be so dismissive, ignore my points and pretend i haven't brought any up and instead just mimic me with a "no you!!!" post then we're done here. you're just proving you're an idiot.
>>
>>29399609
You seem mad that a child game is easy
>>
>>29399609
> master ball in every single game
REEE STOP GIVING US LEGENDARIES
>>
>>29399590
Not him but you still haven't given an answer as to how a tm close to the boss is sufficiently different to a pokemon or a tm on the route to the boss to warrant all this complaining

It still will be mediocre or purely unusable unless you catch a fighting type, in which case you've just done the same thing as every other game

As people keep pointing out they're simply putting the focus on using tms this time instead of encouraging a diverse team as your first boss take home lesson

Theres no reason to complain as every first gym is meant to be a teaching experience and this one is at least starter neutral, Brock may have required actually catching something but for 2/3 of players it was a cakewalk regardless
>>
>>29399606
the player choice comes from which pokemon you want to use and what moves you teach them. it's been there from the beginning and that's why most fans have kept on with the series. i'm not talking about classic RPG player choice systems like conversation trees or skill checks.

i can't understand if the pokeride part is a serious point or not.
>>
>>29399662
You've made 10 posts saying "The games were always easy! So it's OK that they're easier! Retard! Manchild!". I don't see any arguments there.
>>
>>29395846
The only time I can think of where that's applicable is Bullet Seed in RSE for Roxanne.
>>
File: 1476763990357.png (2MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1476763990357.png
2MB, 1672x1672px
>>29395965
>Rock smash
>powerful
>>
>>29395965
It's worse to give a Pokemon that's super effective
>>
>>29398084
>since you're forced to catch it
You're only forced to fight the legendary in Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, X, and Y, off the top of my head. You have the option in GSC. The capture's only mandatory in BW. And you're straight up precluded from catching Mewtwo in GRBY; Kyurem, Reshiram, or Zekrom in BW2; and Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza in Emerald.
>>
>>29399662
At least you got a reply, hes ignoring half the people calling him out

Including the fact that THEY LITERALLY GIVE YOU A SE POKEMON BEFORE THE FIRST GYM IN BW
>>
>>29399759
For Roxanne, there's Lotad/Seedot, Marill and Shroomish
>>
>>29399734
But I have, multiple times. A 75 BP Fighting move with STAB users handy right in the first challenge is much, much different than actually having to catch/trade for a Pokemon with an advantage by the 3rd-4th gym.
>>
>>29399734
> 2/3 of players it was a cakewalk regardless
Even for people picking Charmander he was relatively easy, none of his pokemon had stab and their special defense were so low that ember would steal deal a good amount of damage.
>>
>>29398374
It was shitty then, and it's shitty now.
>>
>>29399831
>The capture's only mandatory in BW
And X/Y, and then Rayquaza in the Delta Episode
>>
>game comes already completed
>"why'd you buy it then"
>>
>>29399741
no lol that's not what my posts were saying at all. did i add manchild or retard in? yes. were they my entire argument and posts? no. but you continue to focus on one or two words in an entire post if that makes you feel better for not having anything of actual worth to contribute in return. and supposedly i'm the "thick" one here huh.

at least other anons like >>29399734 seem to understand and make it clear in the very first line of their post.
>>
>>29395821
there are always been a pokemon in the wild with a type that beats the gym you're about to go into. also, what >>29395845 said.

Stop looking for things to complain about.
>>
>>29396126
>>29398341
>fighting type with supposedly good attack stat didn't manage to OHKO it with a solid stab move
So this is going to be another Cheren from BW2? Not sure if I should be glad about Raticate in the Moon version, since it can potentially fuck your shit up with stab boosted bite.
>>
File: 1469002944187.png (132KB, 989x726px) Image search: [Google]
1469002944187.png
132KB, 989x726px
>>29399786
>A move that literally breaks rocks apart with a single strike
>Not strong
>>
>>29399852
>catching a STAB user and giving it a tm before the first boss is much much different than catching a STAB user and giving it a tm for harder later game bosses

I can agree on that

The first challenge is meant to teach you, in this case it teaches you to use super effective moves in a way which is independent of starter choice and more flexible than a single OP pokemon nearby

Sure its slightly easier but a STAB pokemon will destroy it anyway and 75 bp is not hugely impressive, this is not some terrible injustice and the totem is harder than your average first gym in turn

This is ignoring the fact that you can just not use it, just as I didn't use the shitty monkey or exp share

If you're gonna take every advantage you're given none of these games are even remotely challenging
>>
>>29398119
not SE but you could just use Shedinja
>>
>>29395933
What are geodude and onix? (They're not super effective, but they have massive defense and resist her moves)
>>
>>29400056
You can get a Machop too
>>
>Gen 8
>1st of 5 gyms is Fire
>gifted a level 50 Protean Greninja™ with Aqua Jet, Water Shuriken, Earthquake, and Stone Edge at the entrance to the gym

>Gen 9
>1st of 3 gyms is Bug
>gifted an infinite use Z Crystal Plus™ with 200 BP that deals rock, flying, and fire type damage simultaneously and can be used by any Pokemon

>Gen 10
>only gym in the game is Grass
>gym leader has no damaging moves, and only one level 5 Sunkern
>new "Burning Spirit" mechanic makes all of the player's Pokemon moves automatically deal 500 base damage in addition to dealing fire, flying, ice, poison, and bug damage simultaneously

>B-B-B-B-B-BUT POKEMON WAS ALWAYS EASY!
>>
>>29399993
75 BP is massive when your Pokemon are only 10-12.
I simply think that there are better ways to approach this. A weaker TM like Rock Smash would be a-ok, as it helps you early on, but doesn't, trivialize every other encounter afterwards.
It's troubling to see this, less because of a single challenge being neutered, but more as how this decision affects the entire game philosophy. We've seen little to suggest that anything will actually attempt to challenge the player, from the rival choosing the weaker starter, to a supposed team boss using an Ariados +1 other Pokemon. As I mentioned before, even if you do challenge yourself in some way, the games are still going to be unenjoyably easy. I don't think it's OK to accept this simply because older games had options to make things easier as well, and even when they did, they weren't nearly as bad as this.
>>
>>29395903
Butterfree will rip Brock a new asshole with Confusion.

There's also Mankey, the Nidos, and even Charmander once it knows ember given Onix's laughable special defense and the fact that his main tactic involves using Bide.

You can't name a gym that doesn't hand you a type effective Pokemon beforehand. It's impossible. Brick Break is a bit much but it's likely there because every footage we've seen of this trial involves being swept until the fighting type comes out.
>>
>Mankey and Double Kick Nidoran for Brock
>Geodude and Mareep for Falkner
>Lotad/Seedot, Wingull, Marill, Shroomish, and Makuhita for Roxanne
>Budew, Psyduck and Machop for Roark
>Elemental monkeys for the triplets
>Riolu and Huge Power Frustration Azurill for Cheren
>Pikachu, Litleo, and Pansear for Viola
>>
Considering the trial fucked up the two guys who played it from Coro Coro and Nicovideo, maybe the Brick Break TM is like "You're going to need this." Of course, they played like people who never played before, but considering the target audience is children, I think it's fine. We're more experienced, so seeing it much easier when we played the games when they were harder (and balanced more poorly in early iterations) causes us to view it negatively.

Though, I'm one of those guys who levels to 16+ before the first gym on all my pokemon. I'm used to overleveling, so I won't even need Brick Break.
>>
>>29395913
if you watched the videos you can catch a makuhita before the first trial, alolan raticate got bfto by it being x4 weak
>>
>>29399018
>Go into cave
>catch a Dugtrio that's a good 6 level higher than your current strongest Pokemon
It's like their not even trying.
>>
File: slide on the slope.gif (988KB, 474x305px) Image search: [Google]
slide on the slope.gif
988KB, 474x305px
>>29400121
>>
>>29400127
it's a 2vs1 battle. i'm really sorry you find it so insulting they are putting in place a method that won't force kids to be stuck there.

also rock smash is no longer a tm.
>>
>>29395965
Except that Pokemon with a type advantage also often have a resistance to that type. And they have STAB and learn multiple STAB moves that are effective against the gym. Much worse than a random TM
>>
>>29399717
>free starter pokemon in every single game
FUCK
>>
>>29400230
>Pokemon can gain Exp and level up to get evolve and get stronger
WOW GAMEFREAK STOP PANDERING TO CASUALS
>>
>>29398119
Marshtomp
>>
>>29400127
You get a lot of 60 bp moves around 15 so I don't see it as that bad, but rock smash definitely would have been better

The thing is every gym can be neutered, albeit not always as obviously, its a really minor thing to worry about when theres actual concerns like the ones you raised

I don't think it will be unenjoyably easy though, sans a fighting type/move this looks the be the hardest first boss yet without taking into account the lower level without exp share

>>29400121
>You people want a smogon preset scaled to always be double your level as the first gym
I can be silly too, stop hurting your own side
>>
>>29400264
There are people on this very board who haven't beaten unpatched no exp Black and White roms.

How fucking disgusting.
>>
>>29400184
It was in X and Y. Hm in ORAS

And no more HM's so who knows
>>
>>29400264
>NPCs interact with you sometimes
FOR FUCK'S SAKE I DON'T WANT THIS FRIENDSHIP SHIT IN MY POKEMON
>>
File: 1477264483395.jpg (13KB, 171x185px) Image search: [Google]
1477264483395.jpg
13KB, 171x185px
>>29400304
That's just the Serebii demo edition
>>
>>29400184
You don't seem to realize it'll be impossible for anyone to be stuck anywhere at a certain point. That's the problem. We're getting to a point where we can play the game blindfolded. Players shouldn't be forced to make up dumb rules and hinder themselves in order to make the game mildly difficult.
>>
>>29400309
We have the full TM list. Rock Smash is not one of them. Fly, Surf and Waterfall are TMs, though.
>>
>>29400336
And yet Nuzlocke exists as a popular answer to solve the fact that the games are easy.

XYORAS were a tad easier than what came first but honestly it's not as drastic as people here make it out to be. Most of you are just getting old and realizing what some of us have known for a long time.

Pokemon is an easy entry-level RPG.
>>
>>29400336
>can't release Pokémon with HMs
GOD GAMEFREAK WHY CAN'T I FORCEFULLY PUT MYSELF IN A SITUATION THAT I CANNOT ESCAPE FROM
>>
>>29400336
Stop over-exaggerating how easy the games are, we've already been told they're at least harder than XY

And the so called dumb rules have been needed since RBY
>>
>get Brick Break TM
>none of your Pokemon can learn it

there
>>
>>29400330
I defend Joe most of the time but Christ that was a hilarious fuckup.
I also enjoy his reaction to finding Regigigas in ORAS. He actually reset because he refused to believe that you had to nickname Regice to get Regigigas.
>>
>>29400387
>we've already been told they're at least harder than XY
Who said this?
>>
>>29400371
XYORAS is not just a tad easier. I recently did an XY run right after a Platinum run and the difference was ridiculous.
I actually had to switch and use different moves in platinum.
I never had to do any switching or even changing up the move I spammed in XY.
>>
>>29400330
>>29400409
Explain. Both of these instances. Whatever this fuckup is and the reset.
>>
>>29400409
Fucking this. I normally don't get the anons that basically stalk him in attempts to BTFO him, but the "tutorial mode" always makes me giggle
>>
>>29400436
Right before Black and White were released, Joe got a 'leaked copy' aka the ROM, and when he was playing he reported that you don't get experience from the beginning rival fights. And then from wild pokemon in route 1. It was then he realized that Black and White had an anti-piracy measure that disabled experience game.

I don't remember the Regigigas stuff specifically though.
>>
>>29400436
lurk more newfag
>>
>>29399759
Diglett Cave.
>>
File: serebiitutorial.png (19KB, 888x236px) Image search: [Google]
serebiitutorial.png
19KB, 888x236px
>>29400436
>>
>>29400482
Me too. I think in general Serebii being wrong can be funny, but only when he's actually wrong about major things not "HA he didn't believe the starterleaks before Mallow!"
>>
>>29400371
ORAS was the easiest game I've ever nuzlocked by far (due to increased movepools with the exp share off)

X and Y with the exp share off is so fucking retarded

The bosses are the easiest things, random NPC's will be fucking broken

The game is so fucking unbalanced there. There's a girl with a random poison jab and X scissor Hawlucha

That's better than Korrina's or Diantha's Hawlucha
>>
>>29400413
Watch the gameplay of the first totem fight. Gumshoos takes almost no damage and 2hkos all of the guy's mons.
>>
>>29400413
Read the thread
>>
>>29400160
Why would you use that ugly thing anyway?
>>
>>29400507
Thanks.

>>29400565
>>29400567
I was there for the stream that Mewtwo guy mirrored. I remember whoever was behind the wheel for the fight making some stupid choices.

They were under-leveled, though, which is a good thing if that'd be the normal level you are when encountering them. I would not be surprised if it's not, though.
>>
>>29400537
I like bringing that up when his cock-worshippers on Twitter claim he's this infallible judge on things he simply believes may happen and doesn't know for sure. But using it as fodder for calling him shit is stupid.
>>
>>29400620
Theres a few previews that mention theres less handholing than 5/6 and that it isn't as easy as XY

I admit thats not saying much but for some reason people have written them off as some regressive shit heap
>>
>>29400672
I can dream. If the only complaints I hear are about the, totally not optional, Exp. All i'l be a happy trainer.
>>
>>29400672
My biggest worries are that they're gonna force Refresh bonuses on us. I just wish I could turn it off. I wanna play with my pokemon but I don't want those bonuses.

In XY, if you so much as looked at your pokemon in AMIE, it'd turn into an unstoppable rape chimera
>>
>>29400713
where's my option for gen II-V exp. share?
>>
>>29400744
Is refresh bonuses confirmed to work like amie?

someone said it let you cure status outside of combat but idk if they were just making shit up
>>
>>29400778
The datamine confirmed that Refresh gives Amie bonuses along with the status healing.
>>
>>29400778
>>29400817
By caring for your Pokémon, you can also cure status conditions like poisoning and paralysis that were inflicted on your Pokémon in battle.

Pokémon that have grown very affectionate, thanks to petting them a lot and feeding them their beloved Poké Beans, will battle to the utmost for you. Sometimes they’ll avoid attacks from opposing Pokémon—and even hold out when they’re on the verge of fainting. Take good care of your Pokémon with Pokémon Refresh, and they’ll be great allies on your adventure!

Fuck just checked the official site, well guess I can just consider it postgame content, kill two birds with one stone
>>
>>29399057
>where's my harder difficulty options!
>why on earth would you choose to make the game less easy lol
>>
>>29397965
R/B/Y gave you Dig, faggot, and plenty other moves as well, once you reached Celadon.
>>
>>29400907
Not to mention Dig was 100 base power in Gen 1
>>
>>29398908
I think you grotesquely misunderstand what they mean for mobile era gamers

Not people who will waste money on stupid shit, but people that pick up a game for really short bursts of time.
>>
>>29399759
Gen 2, you can trade a Drowzee in the Goldenrod Department Store for a Machop which is useful in gyms 3, 5, and 7...
>>
>1st Trial hard

You just need to 2 hit ok the thing because it doesn't call in reinforcements until the end of turn 1.

Alola Raticate will be an even bigger joke with that x4 Brick Break
>>
>>29400336
>ignoring the 2vs1 point to focus on actually wanting to be stuck in areas of the games for long periods of time to make a kids game feel "difficult" for a grown adult

literally fuck off now, your shit is getting to baiting levels.
>>
The games never were hard and never will be hard.

Go fucking play PMD already or wait for Drayano to get off his ass.
>>
>>29395821
Based on that hour of game footage, Makuhita is available before the trial anyways...
>>
File: 535.jpg (5KB, 241x251px) Image search: [Google]
535.jpg
5KB, 241x251px
>>29396134
>>
>>29395821
They literally just tell you which moves are super effective now. I'm glad I didn't grow up with pokemon games this casual
>>
>>29401658
What point? "Oh no, a Ratatta/Yungoos I can OHKO even without my convenient Brick Break TM!"
Even the most retarded of children won't get stuck here with all the hand holding.
>>
>>29395933
You can trade a drowzee for a machop in the goldenrod department store
>>
>>29395821
Makuhita, Crabrawler, and most likely Machop are available before it. Literally shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29395821
Yeah, just like the digglet cave before Lt. Surge? Or the Oddishes/Bellsprouts before Misty's gym. Or and entire fucking sea before Blaine?
>>
>>29395845
People like you are dumb. I wish you'd never come here again.
>>
>Can literally catch a Dugtrio 6 levels higher than Lt. Surges Raichu right next to his gym
>>
>>29395821
Gen 6 made the games easier
Gen 7 even gives you tools right before challenges
Gen 8 will offer you a free Pokemon with super effective moves right before the challenges
Gen 9 will force you to use that Pokemon
>>
I think you get rock smash right before the rock gym in and Pearl. It's the only way to beat that fucking Cranidos!
>>
>>29402320
If only they had a feature that locked out crybabies from playing :^)
>>
>>29402320
B2w2 gave you lucario and magnemite before the Poison gym (and a Riolu before the Normal gym, but honestly it learns 0 fighting moves)
Gen1 gave you mankeys and Nidorans to fight Brock in Yellow
>>
>>29402320
>Gen 10, about to face the first gym who uses Rock types
>WOAH slow down there's partner, looking through your party, I see none of yer Pokemon know a decent water type attack! Tell ya what, I'll teach them all Hydro Pump, free of charge! Now that that's all done, we can fight! Don't worry, my Pokemon only know growl, wouldn't want the kids to get stuck here or anything ;)
>>
>>29402320
>Gen 7 even gives you tools right before challenges
Every Pokemon game does it though.

>Gen 8 will offer you a free Pokemon with super effective moves right before the challenges
You mean BW?
>>
>>29402551
No, none of the gyms hands you a super effective TM inside the gym.
>>
>>29402572
That post said nothing of the sort.

>right before the challenge
>right before the challenge

Right before the challenge.
>>
>>29402666
Well you get the TM for Brick Break after starting the trial
>>
>>29402572
And no gyms prevent you to leave between each fight to heal your pokemon in the nearest pokecenter.
>>
>>29396032
Was the Machop male? If it was female that would be way more damning: immune to attract, type advantage, and faster to grind up.
>>
>>29402714
It was female.
>>
>>29402708
Who said the trial prevents you from leaving?
>>
>>29402681
So not right before the challenge, like all the other gens, but IN challenge. And if you don't have anything that can learn it you can't go catch it unless you black out. Of the Pokemon that you can find at that point, only Makuhita, Crabrawler and Pikachu can learn it.

>>29402714
It is in fact female.
>>
>>29402865
>And if you don't have anything that can learn it you can't go catch it unless you black out

Who said that?
>>
>3rd gym
>it's electric
>CONVENIENTLY there is a cave FULL OF DIGLETT/DUGTRIO right next to it
>>
>>29402913
But they are not in the gym.
>>
>>29402913
Don't forget your given a 100 bp dig tm from your friendly team rocket grunt.
>>
>>29403039
This thread is ridiculous
>b-but they hand you the TM INSIDE the trial
It's not a gum, it's an area. TMs are hidden around the world. It's the first trial. Is there any source saying we'll get one in every trial?
Every Pokemon game hands you the tools to clear a Gym BEFORE the Gym itself, most of the times in the same area
>b-but INSIDE
and? that doesn't mean anything. You still have access to the tools by the time you get to the boss. Look at gen 2, for example. You can trade a Bellsprout for a Onix before the first Gym. You can defeat the first and second Gyms with it. You get a trade for a Machop before the third Gym, again, it's supper effective against said Gym. You can always catch something that's super effective against the gym, like other anons said, you get Dig (100BP) and access to Dugtrio before Surge
>b-but it's optional
of course, like the fucking TMs. Dig is even forced on you in RBY
>>
>>29403144
>previous gens were easy, why are you mad they're making it even easier?
>>
>>29402913
Let's not forget that you get Nidoran who conveniently learns Double Kick before Brock, and in FRLG they took it a step further and gave Charmander Metal Claw
>>
>>29403183
Because it's not easier. That's my point. You must be stupid as fuck if you consider finding a TM in the area is easier than receiving a stronger TM before the area. Do not reply to me again, retard
>>
>>29403183
>Doing the same thing they've done forever counts as making it easier
>>
>>29403241
>>29403242
You need to be +18 to post here.
>>
>>29403039
Neither does brick break :^)
>>
>>29403268
You need to be 3+ to be able to read.
>>
>>29403268
Amazing argument
>>
>>29403241
>Receiving a 75 BP Fighting move before your Pokemon are even level 15, along with multiple Fighting type Pokemon to choose from, isn't a bigger crutch than literally anything else the series has pulled
kys
>>
>>29403241
>>29403282
Read the thread. Gen I Dig was already brought up, as was Diglett/Dugtrio.
>>
>>29403408
Lets add receiving it during the challeenge
>>
>>29398119
Any of the starters at that point. His ace, Magneton, dies to your Combusken's Double Kick, and your Marshtomp would be immune to its more powerful attacks. Grovyle might not have anything Super Effective, but it will resist all Wattson's electric attacks.
>>
>>29403268
Thanks for correcting the record!

See I can use non-arguments too.

Fuck off.
>>
>>29395903
>Brock is first gym
>Onyx doesnt have a rock-type move
>Access to butterfree
>access to double kick nidoran
>access to mankey
>access to squirtle
>access to bulbasaur

>Misty
>Fucking oddish/bellsprout right there
>can do bridge first to train a bit

>Surge
>Dugtrio is catachable right away

>Erika
>Growlithe/Vulpix is immediately available.
>Fire stone is purchasable

Retards still think pokemon has gotten easier? ffs you faggots just got older and realized pokemon has always been easy
>>
>>29403525
Don't bother. They probably haven't played RBY in years. Let their memories of struggling with everything as a kid cloud their judgement.
At this point is just "wahh! why can't I be a retarded kid again so I can fully enjoy this kid's game!"
>>
>>29403408
>Receiving a MANDATORY 100bp ground type move that allows you to dodge an attack and scout out moves before your pokemon reach level 20 along with multiple ground types and half of the dex up to this point being able to learn it including 3/4 of your starters, isn't a bigger crutch than anything else the series has pulled.
same
>>
>>29402452
"gave"
>>
>>29403627
It's not just RBY that does it.

You can't name a gym that doesn't have a type effective solution before it.

To add to gen 1 though, going into Blaine and Giovanni you're on a huge water route, and Tangela is also available to you before Giovanni. You also can catch ghost-types before Sabrina, despite the glitch rendering them useless against her, and a Rhyhorn before Koga.
>>
>>29403282
So you and nearly everyone else posting about catching things is 2 years old or under? OP was talking about TMs.
>>
File: 1474397295843.jpg (96KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474397295843.jpg
96KB, 400x240px
We have a trial that mandates a fighting type, overleveling, sacrificing mons for statuses, or catching one of three pokemon that learn brick break to win and people are saying how gen 1 onix, tackle bird, brock 2, brock 3, have a free monkey, and bugs are harder. Only slightly challenging 1st gym was Cheren and that's because he boosts with work up.
>>
>>29403744
SM "gave" you fighting types that can learn Brick Break
>>
>>29403629
Weird, I don't remember that Diglett being available before the 1st Gym, nor do I remember getting Dig during the Gym.
Again, kys
>>
>>29395965
Rock smash is useless as aTM, because it does nothing worthwhile. A weak TM with nothing of worth just for people to get a "challenge" is dumb. Brick break get rid of screens, rock tomb lowers speed, Rock smash has a %50 chance of lowering defense with it being low bp. Waste of everyone time.
>>
>>29396374

>Dustox AND Beautifly for the ELITE FOUR member.

Honestly that's way more insulting than Flint being a variery trainer.

Gosh, DP Sinnoh dex really did kinda suck eggs.
>>
>>29403995
You get it before the third, where it's effective.

You do get access to a Confusion Butterfree before the first gym that can murder its way through gen 1 without any help though.
>>
>>29403995
You're right. They gave you every pokemon other than ratata to deal with that scary geodude and onix.
>>
Fuck all of the Game Freak shills in this thread. You are the cancer that's killing the Pokémon franchise.
>>
What I am noticing is that no Sinnoh Gyms ever hand held as much as other generations
>>
>>29400371

Nuzlockes don't make an easy game hard. They can only make a hard game harder (as in every ROMhack).

Red is still piss easy even with Nuzlocke rules and no dupes clause.
>>
So are we gonna also ignore the Totem is essentially a Horde battle with a mega boss? I think a 75 BP attack is an ok attack here to clear out adds before you could get overwhelmed.by 2+ pokemon attacking at once. Though it would've been way better to give them Reflect and Light Screen to show new players what that move could do.
>>
>>29404261
Would be neat but I don't really see how Gunshoos could use reflect or light screen
>>
>>29404261
>Horde battle
It's 2 Pokemon, not 5.
> think a 75 BP attack is an ok attack here to clear out adds before you could get overwhelmed
You mean "clear the 'boss' fight in 3 turns"
>>
>>29402572
Bullet Seed in Gen 3
>>
>>29404261
Yes. Because the totem pokemon gets a huge stat boost, along with being able to have a friend join in. Can outright smash through an entire team, and is found of lowering stats to ensure it's have a advantage.
>>
>>29395821
>1st Gym
>going through the gym defeating X-type mons
>outside gym in the route before there's convenient Pokemon that easily take on X-type gym
Brock - Nidoran M/Mankey
Misty - Oddish/Bellsprout
Lt. Surge - Diglett/Dugtrio
Erika - Vulpix/Growlithe/Any flying mon
Sabrina - Gastly
Koga - Any psychic move ever, which by now you should have already gotten TM Psychic unless you're a faggot
Blaine - OH GEE IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S NO FUCKING WATER TYPES NEARBY
Giovanni - Holy shit it's the SAME FUCKING THING FOR THE THIRD TIME

If you're too incompetent to beat these then your standards for what's difficult is really low and you should consider finding a new game. You probably think Dank Souls is hard.
>>
File: what.jpg (31KB, 252x278px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
31KB, 252x278px
>>29399876
>whitney
>wattson
>>
>>29404356
>Whitney
What is Machop?
>Wattson
Combusken, Marshtomp and how the hell did everyone forget Geodude?
>>
I'm not sure what's being argued here. It seems more difficult than most first gyms and the fact that the totem has boosted stats and a 2v1 battle make it seem like brick break would be necessary for new/ not very good players in order to keep the same status quo as most first gyms. Plus, the fact that you can't leave during the middle of the trial adds extra difficulty to this.
>>
>>29404356
What is Ghastly, Onix, and a tradeable Machop.

Oddish, Roselia, and Seedot are useful for taking on Watson.

And even those were right they'd be two in a sea of 50.
>>
>>29404426
>Plus, the fact that you can't leave during the middle of the trial adds extra difficulty to this.
Where are people getting this?
>>
Is there ANY point in picking Moon now?

>Moon gets a shitty fat rat with garbage ability whos minions have no benefits except for flinching and is 4x weak to fighting
>Sun gets based detective, both he and his minions get good abilities and are only 2x weak to fighting
>>
>>29404309
Well, it's a 2nd pokemon that constantly comes back. I'm not gonna argue that they could've been done better because I think the Totem fights have potential in late game, but I don't think it'll flesh out how I'd expect.

>>29404316
Yeah, I would hope that later Totems have adds that could use shit like Heal Pulse. Still wanted an Oranguru Totem that actually has a team of pokemon to fight against you or a Passimian Totem with the Team captain as the Totem and the adds are his hunter/gatherer Team.
>>
File: funbro.png (194KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
funbro.png
194KB, 500x375px
I want my Funbro Totem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfnjZWbmXM
>>
>>29404426
So far no player seems to have beaten this trial without a fighting type on hand and I can speak from experience that SE moves weren't as necessary against past gym leaders even if they were handed to you.
>>
>>29403525
>use bridge to train grass types that are locked behind the bridge

Everything else is sound though
>>
>>29404456
Ilima says it in nip while explaining the trial.
>>
>>29404418
>GSC Machop
>Combusken
>Marshtomp
>available in the wild around those gyms
Do you play pokemon or just shitpost about it?
>>
>>29404531
Oh. Interesting. I just assumed people were pulling that out of their ass, considering you can leave the demo trial to heal.
>>
>>29404554
Does it matter if it's in the wild or not?
You NPC trade for the Machop Anon. Literally in the same city. Like the first 2 gym's towns in GSC have traders who just happen to have pokemon to beat them. The Machop is even female so it cant be hit by attract. The first town gives Onix, which is also good vs Whitney.

Geodude okay, I guess its not nearby, but it is catchable before the gym and shits all over it. 2 of the starters do well against him too and obviously most people will have at least one.
>>
File: 1470113688934s.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470113688934s.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>29395821
People like you are cancer. I'm incredibly hyped for SuMo and everyone on this board is ruining the hype for me. You should be grateful for even getting new Pokémon games you unappreciative asswipe!
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.