[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Homebrew?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 384x384px
Has it been good for you? Worth the brick risk?
What are your views on it?
>>
>>29394216
Yes. You're only at risk of a brick unless you're a fucking idiot btw. The a9lh guide is very thorough and safe now.
>>
>>29394262
>You're only at risk of a brick unless you're a fucking idiot btw
This. You have to be retarded to brick your console nowadays.
>>
>>29394262
>downgraded using the shitty badly thrown-together original memchunkhax2 sysupdater
>compiled my own a9lh when it first came out
And I was never at any risk of bricking.
>>
>>29394216
Bretty gud. I've only bricked 2 and a half things in my life, so no real risk with something this easy. ROM hacks are pretty fun, and worth it imo. Especially if you like a challenge.
>>
Wait, I don't even think you can brick with just homebrew
>>
Do note, the current firmware is about to become downgradeable again with the purchase of a $5 game. If you're interested in cfw, buy Fieldrunners asap.
>>
>>29394216
Absolutely. As people said bricking is pretty hard if you follow the instructions, and the perks of homebrew far surpass the small risk, even if you don't intend to pirate .cia
>>
>>29394216
Got CFW recently, it was really easy.
>>
>>29394216
Yes, and I'm happier than dog with two tails.
>>
>>29394314
Source?
>>
>>29394314
Will you need another system with cfw already installed?

I have a v10.7 3ds that I cant install cfw on because I don't have another system with it already installed
>>
Still there's something I don't understand: say a new update comes tomorrow, would it be safe to upgrade or do I risk bricking like you used to brick if you upgraded with just the homebrew?
>>
Is it easy to reverse Homebrew in an example where you might want to buy a game to play online with friends?
>>
>>29394216

I love Homebrew
>>
>>29394443
...You can install CFW right now. The browser exploit still works on 10.7, you should easily be able to google search how.
>>
Say I'm on the latest update because I just discovered Homebrew, am I screwed?
>>
>>29394216
There's no risk of bricking with basic homebrew apps. Using homebrew to actually hack your console is a different story
>>
>>29394619
Homebrew doesn't prevent you from using online functions as long as you keep up with the emunand updates, which isn't hard since it gives you a pop-up about it.
>>
I'm thinking of getting a 2nd 3ds just to try it. If I used one of the latest new 3ds xl systems would it work? Or is this only limited to specific models or older firmware versions?
>>
>>29394437
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_dsiwarehax_installer

You'll be able to do the DSiWare Downgrade if you have access to Fieldrunners+a primary entrypoint for HBL. Nothing else.

>>29394443
10.7 is downgradeable as it is. You don't need another DS or anything, that only applies to firmwares beyond that one. Just follow the Plailect guide.
>>
can someone explain homebrew 3ds to me? i cant into computers. can i play games for free with it? can i action replay with it? is it free? does it have emulators?
>>
>>29395611
If you can't into computers you'd better just stick to playing ORAS on Citra. At least this way you won't accidentally brick a console or some shit.
>>
>>29394216
>Homebrew
>brick risk
What are you, fucking retarded?

Also, wrong board for this post, faggot.

I hardd-modded my New 3DS XL, downgraded, installed A9LH, updated to 11.1, and I've still had no problems so this shit is pretty safe, and that's full-on hacking, not even plebeian homebrew.
>>
>>29394314
>Pay to hack
Fuck that noise. Glad I got mine hacked way back in March.
>>
>>29394444
On the current cfw you can update to the current official firmware and still be perfectly safe, and as far as they know with the exploit they've used Nintendo will never be able to dislodge them now. Still, you have to be hacked already, and for that you need 10.7 or earlier, since it can downgrade to the firmware version they can install the hack on.
>>
I hacked my o3ds on 10.6 the other day, it was a really smooth process. I don't really know what to do with it though. I pirated a handful of games I was interested in but didn't really want to drop the money on, and found out that I would've been disappointed with the purchase and haven't touched them since. Once I figure out how to uninstall them I will.

I have a n3DS on 11.1 but I'm afraid of hardmodding it, as it has all my saves and things from my day 1 o3ds that I really don't want to lose.
>>
>>29395834
>Once I figure out how to uninstall them I will.
You can uninstall them the same way you installed them. Go into the title list on FBI, find the game and delete it.
>>
File: teehee.png (158KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.png
158KB, 300x364px
In terms of PKhex and PChex via menuhax and cubic ninja

making backup clones of all my important mon /to share via wonder trade
995 of all items...Tho I did this much later near the end of gen 6
Access to S Level O powers
Injecting in wonder cards I missed/too lazy to go to gamestop
ingame screenshots!
Save data backups.
Spreading the love with japanese ditto clones
Hacking in AZ's FLoette

It's quite nice. I don't use it to edit/create hacked pokemon though since breeding and catching is fun desu.
>>
>>29395900
>menuhax and cubic ninja
You need to update bro
>>
>>29395611
Homebrew gives you the means to install third part softwares on your 3ds, which you normally can't.
With it you can install softwares that late you import or export your save files to the sd, let you edit them, let you hack them, software that let you download games for free, games that are blocked in you region and all that kind of stuff.
>>
>>29395914
Oh I am on the latest firmware now with cubic ninja. I never really cared for the super advanced hacks so as long as I can use pk/pchex I'm happy.
>>
Also, is there a cia to keep up with events?
I read it in some thread but I cant find anything right now
>>
>haven't erased my Y file in 3 years
>about to use homebrew to backup the save so I can replay it
Hopefully nothing fucks up. I'm excited to finally play through it again right before SM
>>
>>29395968
Are you going to play a difficulty hack for it like Wilting Y or just going in vanilla?
>>
>>29395951
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/EventAssistant/releases
If you have the latest version of FBI you can install it directly by selecting 'TitleDB' and finding it in that menu.
>>
>>29395977
Vanilla, I still haven't bothered trying to get rom hacks work since it sounds tedious without cfw
>>
>>29394216
Fucking pussy
>Bricking risk
fucking lmao, there is no brick possible retard.

Yeah i played Good rom hack, cloned all my poke, backup my save and had fun.
>>
>>29394216
I love it. Installed a9lh about a month ago when Plailects guide became short as hell and never looked back. During the whole process, I only got one brick scare when the 3DS hung on a black screen but it fixed itself when I removed the SD card and put it back in. It's hard to brick unless you have brain problems.
>>
>>29394964
I wanna know this as well, please.

Haven't updated to 11.1.0-34, still on 11.0.33 but I really want that S&M demo.
>>
>brick risk

Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>29397327
ctr-httpwn lets you bypass updates and go online, but you'll need an entry point that's not menuhax
>>
>>29397327
use menuhax to install basehax, then delete menuhax. (make sure basehax is working correctly, and you need oras game to do basehax). Use basehax to enter, homebrew then use ctr-httpwn to dowlnoad steeldivers, (in the no patched version) install steelhax. Now you can upload to 11.1 (you have to place a archive in the sd look for it) or stay in 10.0 using ctr to download shit and play online.
>>
>>29397327
>S&M

just as bad as the sumofags

It's SM, that's it, you don't need to add any other characters, the point of a damn abbreviation is to be as short and recognizable as possible.
>>
Ok so I know nothing about any of this, but I really like the idea of getting into homebrew. Is there a step-by-step guide I can follow or something?

I'm on firmware 11.1.0-34u, if that helps.
>>
>>29397632
Autism
>>
>>29398361
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

You wont find a better guide anywhere else on the internet. Being on 11.1 you're kind of fucked and need to downgrade in one of two fairly complicated ways but not all hope is lost. Basically you either need someone else with a hacked 3DS or some soldering experience. There is also always the chance that someone will find another exploit for 11.1.

My personal recommendation if this seems daunting to you is to keep your current 3DS the way it is and buy a second hand one on craigslist (or whatever your regional variant is). I've bought several cheap ones that are in practically brand new condition for peanuts, modded them then sold them. You need to ask them to check what firmware the console is and make sure to stress that you want a lower firmware and that they shouldn't update (I once asked somewhat what the firmware was so he replied back saying he just updated it to the latest for me).
>>
>>29398361
>11.1.0-34u
You're screwed
>>
File: 1470276857614.png (679KB, 799x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1470276857614.png
679KB, 799x1060px
>>29394216
>had it
>accidently updated my 3ds
>gone
Fug

I'm guessing its on 11.2(?) or whatever the newest one is, was there a update for menuhax? I want pchax back.
>>
>>29398486
see >>29398464
>>
>>29394216
It has been very good to me and there is no "risk of brick" unless you are a colossal fucking retard
>>
>>29397479
>>29397571
Thanks a lot pH.ams
I'll get to it when I have the time to do it properly. Demo can wait a bit more.
>>
File: IMG_1955.jpg (66KB, 719x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.jpg
66KB, 719x600px
>installed stickerhax as a permanent Homebrew entrypoint because it was advertised as such
>update to 11.1
>Stickerhax no longer works
>ask yellows8 about it
>HURR DURR JUST REINSTALL IT FROM ANOTHER HOMEBREW ENTRY LOL
I HOPE YELLOWS8 GETS SHOT IN THE FUCKING HEAD, THEN HAS HIS CORPSE RAPED BY NIGGERS, THEN COOKED AND TURNED INTO CUMBURGER MEAT FOR A BUNCH OF FAT SLUTS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29394216
I know absolutely nothing about how the insides of the 3DS work and I still managed to install a9lh first time without doing anything stupid, so I'd say it's been a success for me. Luckily I had a n3DS which I previously used for homebrew with ninjhax and it was on a low firmware.
>>
>>29398864
>updating to 11.1
You're the one in the wrong here.
>>
>>29398864
if you don't have more than one entry point you're retarded.
>>
>>29395146
It's limited to firmware. I bought my n3ds off of Ebay with a Sky3ds cart (some poor retard pissed off their mom for the last time, I guess). I tossed on Cubic Ninja and downgraded, and have been using Homebrew since.
Every now and again I update my n3ds back to the current firmware, to play online, but downgrading is easy once you know how.
>>
>>29395939
This. I haven't found need to go full on hacker yet. Being able to back up my mons (and change my 3ds theme whenever) is the only reason I use homebrew.
>>
>>29398893
>updating to 11.1
>You're the one in the wrong here.
Perfectly safe if you're on Luma and a9lh.
>>
>>29398486
It's impossible to "accidentally" update your console as it warns you multiple times that you're going to update. You purposefully updated it like an idiot, accept it.
>>
>>29398864
get fukt boi

A9lh master race
>>
>>29398464
How does the first method work? Using a second hacked 3ds to hack the first, I mean. I can get my hands on a 3ds running
>>
>>29395166
>A primary entry point

The fuck does this mean? Have to have homebrew installed to install homebrew?
>>
>>29399453
An entrypoint is the vulnerability you use to install the hack in the first place.
>>
>>29399726
I understand that. Does requiring a primary entry point mean I need to have some sort of hax already installed to access homebrew menu and install a new hax; I need to have homebrew installed to install homebrew.

If yes, what hacks do not require a primary entry point, just access to the SD card and/or some game.
>>
>>29394216
I've only put Homebrew on the Wii. At least it let me play Adventure Squad and GoD. The Wii has the benefit of every firmware being hackable, so there's no worries there.

I can't hack my 3ds right now because i'm on like 11.1 or something
>>
>>29394216
It's been good and easy for me since I got lucky and found a 3ds with 9.9 firmware still on it. I got nasa working and loaded a good amount of pokemon games with that. I never felt the need to get arm9 or anything other than the basic homebrew shit. Are there any major benefits to getting that? I feel like I can do everything I want right now besides access the internet browser.
>>
>>29400717
Yes. Access the internet browser.
>>
Pretty good. I didn't use it to the fullest of it's ability. Just injecting for Pokemon shuffle, black, Y, and AS.
Oh, and Hans to take sweet screenshots.

I imagine it gets more complicated if you use more of the services.
>>
Goddamn talking about brick risks u kiddin me?

You can get your OTP by recalculating it on a N3DS, no downgrade nothing for K9LH.

I had to fkin do everything manually on it without OTPHelper and risked bricking this console by going to 2.1 or failing switching the keyslots and replacing my NAND with it...
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.