[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: mareep.jpg (55KB, 556x514px) Image search: [Google]
mareep.jpg
55KB, 556x514px
Hey /vp/

I've been wanting to pick up the games again but haven't played since Crystal. I found a cheap 3DS on ebay and just had a few questions.

What are the essential Pokemon games? Just by browsing it would seem Platinum is definitely one.

Are older games compatible with the 3DS?

I've seen wi-fi battles on youtube, etc., what games is that available on?
>>
FireRed LeafGreen,
HGSS
Emerald
Platinum
BW1+2
XY

Best of every generation

The DS ones are. You can buy RBY on the virtual console.

There's been wifi battles since gen 4 if you mean the 3DS ones they are from XY and ORAS

Protip, hack your 3DS, it's easy as fuck

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Also, Sun and Moon, the new games of the new generation come out in less than one month.
>>
Also, now get out, lurk moar faggot
>>
File: raticate.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
raticate.png
59KB, 250x250px
>>29393401
thanks man

are X/Y and BW1&2 basically the same game?
>>
>>29393409
I just wanna be sure before I drop more money than I should on a shitty game, just want recommendations friendo :^)
>>
File: 1473044077675.jpg (64KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1473044077675.jpg
64KB, 500x313px
>>29393349
Yeah 3ds can play DS games. Honestly pokemon games are unfortunately quite pricey, a single game will cost you $30-80 dollars. I reccomend just emulating them or maybe getting a flashcart. Another option is if you have a psp it can emulate gb/gbc/gba great so you have gen 1-3 there. Generally the 3ds games are seen as a bit weaker by veterans but if crystal was your last game you might like them more. Also as you know sun and moon come off next month so you have those to look forward too. Generally the consensus would tell youbto play emerald, platinum, SSHG, and B2W2 though I reccomend B2W1 before them. If you want gen 1 I reccomend the remakes or if you want real nostalgia and are a moralfag you buy them on tbe 3ds eshop.

Hope this helps in some way.
>>
>>29393463
Hell no.

XY are the Gen 6 games set on Kalos.

BW1+2 are the Gen 5 games set on Unova. BW2 is, as the name implies, a sequel of BW1 so make sure to play them in order.

Considering your last game was Crystal I'd recommend going FireRed/Leaf Green > Emerald > Platinum > HGSS > BW1+2 > XY so you can go in generational release order.
>>
>>29393495
What are the differences between the Black and white games? And thank that does help.
>>
>>29393555
Different legendarys, a few different cities and pokemon.
>>
>>29393555
Really just small stuff like which pokemon you can catch, nothing major. You can look up version exclusives and see if one leans more to your taste
>>
>>29393514
Sorry maybe it was wording.

I meant what's the difference between the X and Y game?

Are they basically the same thing but with different game-specific pokemon?
>>
File: IMG_1029.jpg (136KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1029.jpg
136KB, 1136x640px
Also, pokemon is 3D now
>>
>>29393569
>>29393573
ah I see now, thank for the help fellas
>>
File: IMG_0997.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0997.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>29393575
No. x and y has different areas, new features, new Pokémon, and it's 3d
>>
>>29393349

Gen 3: Skip, not worth your time
Gen 4: HGSS are the GOAT
Gen 5: BW are ok, not anything to write home about
Gen 6: X&Y -- decent
>>
>>29393349
I did the same exact thing. Colosseum was my latest game before getting a 3ds off ebay anticipating the sun and moon games. make sure you DON'T update the firmware incase you want to homebrew it.. X is fun and personally I've enjoyed the post-game a lot too. (XY is better than ORAS)
>>
>>29393401
Pretty much this, but skip gen 6 because it's trash.
>>
File: Girly zubat.jpg (47KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
Girly zubat.jpg
47KB, 600x589px
>>29393349
Hey OP. Every generation has fun games, don't listen to the hivemind elitists. Form your own opinions.

The 3DS can play 3DS and regular DS games.

My favorite generation is gen 3 (Ruby Sapphire Emerald) and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the most recent games, which are RSE remakes, and I like them a lot. I'd recommend getting one, they're really easy to get into.

You could also just wait til Sun and Moon, alternatively.
>>
File: image.png (112KB, 459x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112KB, 459x273px
>>29393756
>Gen 3: Skip, not worth your time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.