[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is It Impossible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3ds.png (220KB, 416x446px) Image search: [Google]
3ds.png
220KB, 416x446px
I've read that it could be impossible moving forward to hack any 3DS on 11.0 or higher. Not terribly interested in doing it myself, but I do want to let all of the new VP's who want to .cia download the game what the deal is. Thanks senpai
>>
>>29386848
But I downloaded the .cia of the SM demo. What are you talking about?
What firmware are we on again?
>>
>>29386912
11.1 I believe
>>
>>29386848
No it isn't, the only difficult part about 11.0+11.1 is that it needs to do a firmware downgrade in order to fully downgrade to an exploitable firmware. The firmware downgrade requires a hardmod or assistance from another 3ds that has already been hacked.
After that just find an exploitable game and you're good to go.
>>
>>29387031
In fact, we might not even need another 3ds soon, an arm11 exploit is in progress that'll let do what we needed a hacked 3ds for (Which is installing a hacked save to a dsiware game)
Once that comes all you need is to purchase fieldrunners from the eShop and an exploitable game, and you're good to go.
>>
It's not going to be impossible. Given enough time, we'll have exploits that will become gradually easier to pull off once Nintendo moves on from updating 3DS firmware.
>>
>>29387125
They already pretty much are. The last update was just to block 2 homebrew exploits.
>>
>>29387069
No, you need arm9 access to write a save directly to the NAND.
arm11 doesn't have NAND access.
And you can't downgrade directly with just ARM11 access.
>>
As of today it's impossible to downgrade 11.X or access arm9 (which is what downgrading allows you to do) without a hardmod.

That doesn't mean a hack can't be found in the future, but as of now there is nothing publicly known that can do it without a hardmod.
>>
>>29388945
partially correct.

Someone released a method to write dsiware savefiles with arm11 access, which in theory allows you to do the dsiware downgrade method without a system transfer.

However, no arm11 exploit is currently released, so it is currently not useable
>>
>>29389723
source?
>>
>>29389754
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_dsiwarehax_installer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.