[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched an episode of digimon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: yellow_glomp_by_darugia.jpg (71KB, 492x565px) Image search: [Google]
yellow_glomp_by_darugia.jpg
71KB, 492x565px
No actual digimon appeared until the last 5 minutes of the episode, it was just the protagonist contemplating how the death of his older brother twisted him and how he feels guilty for having wished death on him in the first place

I don't want it that extreme but why can't the ashnime be nearly this character driven?
>>
>>29386481
Because the pokemon anime is advertisment for the games. Have you ever opened one of those anime threads, they have literally autism.
>>
>>29386481
Okay but why did you start with the first episode of the 2nd half of Digimon 02? (Or possibly the last episode of the 1st half, I don't remember.) That's the episode where nothing actually happens.
>>
>>29386481
>I don't want it that extreme but why can't the ashnime be nearly this character driven?
>using the episode where the protagonist and villain from a canon wonderswan game, never exported or localized, serves as the mysterious backstory of the ENTIRE FUCKING ADVENTURE SERIES and ties into the parallel world shenanigans that is the adventure/tamersverse as your example
>>
>>29386601
I happened to find it browsing TVTropes, it sounded interesting
>>
>>29386640
I don't exactly understand what you're saying
I know nothing about digimon
>>
>>29386653
>TVTropes

:)
>>
Because it would boring for kids
>>
>>29386653
I do like it better than a bunch of the following episodes. Watch the previous two or something, too.

>>29386640
To be fair the only knowledge that can be gained from both is that Ken made Kimeramon under evil influences to then jogress with whatever and have Millenniummon return.

>>29386694
Half the backstory of the character in that episode was only in a single obscure video game for a system that wasn't released in the US.
>>
>>29386694
maybe you should actually watch the goddamn series instead of picking an episode at random and trying to understand what's going on
>>
Digimon is for both kids and adult
Ashnime panders to masochist shipfags and maybe kids
>>
>>29386761
Doesn't it only really matter that I enjoyed what I saw? I'm not exactly planning to get into digimon, I just know that pokemon never does anything like this
>>
>>29386748
The episode I watched was certainly dubbed
Episode 23
>>
>>29386800
Fair enough. It does hit a bit harder seeing him evil, and the part where he first breaks down.

>>29386836
Episodes 20 and 21 lead up to that if you're interested. Literally no reason to watch episode 22 though.
>>
>>29386748
as neat an idea as it is to think that milleniummon's influence caused ken to recreate kimeramon, which then jogressed with machinedramon and then time traveled back to become that same milleniummon and create the dark masters and apocalymon, it's not what the games say happened.

despite that though the dark seed is a constant plot point throughout the latter half of 02 since everyone wants it, so you'd think it'd be a little important to know where it came from and why so many evil guys are after it. 02 is terrible about doing bullshit like this.
>>
>>29386894
The fact they, for whatever reason, budget or time limits, completely dropped the whole dark sea and dagomon plot and just reused Adventure's baddie didn't help things either.

Looks like Tri is going to be picking that plot back up though, with Hikari having visions of it.
>>
>>29386949
How good is Tri? How many episodes are there left?
>>
>>29387288
It's pretty good, though most of the action is in the last episodes of each part.

They're actually movies, divided up into episodes for viewing outside of a movie theater, I guess, and there's going to be 6 of them total.

The 4th chapter is going to come out in February.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.